Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Violent Protests Erupt In Edo, As Ize-iyamu Rejects Election Results - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Violent Protests Erupt In Edo, As Ize-iyamu Rejects Election Results (22228 Views)

Lagos LG Election: Violence May Erupt In Lagos On Saturday – TMG / Violent Protests Still Ongoing In Akure And Ondo Townships(pics) / Ize-Iyamu Rejects Edo Election Result — Before It Is Announced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Violent Protests Erupt In Edo, As Ize-iyamu Rejects Election Results by Alighoda2(m): 10:48am On Sep 30, 2016
yungest:
lol...d state doesn't hv oil??...and we r fine like dat,atleast civil servants,lecturers and other state workers are payed with out oil money... unlike d state that hv oil take a look at bayelsa state n Delta...I don't want to even talk of PH...Bros cumout your leg from wire
edo state is owing local government workers
Re: Violent Protests Erupt In Edo, As Ize-iyamu Rejects Election Results by oluxy(m): 10:50am On Sep 30, 2016
Democracy !!
Re: Violent Protests Erupt In Edo, As Ize-iyamu Rejects Election Results by mountain2019: 10:51am On Sep 30, 2016
I thought as well. How can People suffering under Buhari still vote APC to give Buhari false feeling that the people are happy with his government and party?

1 Like

Re: Violent Protests Erupt In Edo, As Ize-iyamu Rejects Election Results by Justiceleague1: 10:55am On Sep 30, 2016
DIFY20:
ABEG make una leave Edo to ofonja and huasa people ....... who need the state after all

for me south south remains dalta, akwa ibom, calabar, bayelsa and rivers.. so we dont need dumb state

edo is more of ofanja (brown roof) state

for me i think PDP should leave the state for them
you are right,thats my state..but i am totally an ipob supporter.
Re: Violent Protests Erupt In Edo, As Ize-iyamu Rejects Election Results by APCmyheart(m): 10:59am On Sep 30, 2016
DIFY20:
ABEG make una leave Edo to ofonja and huasa people ....... who need the state after all

for me south south remains dalta, akwa ibom, calabar, bayelsa and rivers.. so we dont need dumb state

edo is more of ofanja (brown roof) state

for me i think PDP should leave the state for them

Coming from a sore looser.

1 Like

Re: Violent Protests Erupt In Edo, As Ize-iyamu Rejects Election Results by APCmyheart(m): 11:02am On Sep 30, 2016
emmabest2000:

APC & Lying ...

Show us any sign of violence during the election, This is the most peaceful election so far, No ballot box snatching, No riot, No killing like it was in River and Bayelsa and also Delta.. PDP Edo people don reject una and so be it.
Re: Violent Protests Erupt In Edo, As Ize-iyamu Rejects Election Results by Bom4Real: 11:08am On Sep 30, 2016
Buhari can never conduct free and fair Election,he doesn't KNow that electoral fraud is worse than stealing

1 Like

Re: Violent Protests Erupt In Edo, As Ize-iyamu Rejects Election Results by mrZENographer: 11:13am On Sep 30, 2016
What do you expect? When the same people that ruled Nigeria as PDP for 16years are still in power.
Re: Violent Protests Erupt In Edo, As Ize-iyamu Rejects Election Results by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 30, 2016
MilitaryMinded:

Oga, i hope you are not mixing 'south south' and 'niger delta' together because they are two completely different entities. Edo has never been a part of ND. ND comprises of only 3 states Delta, rivers and bayelsa all of which are within the south south geo political zone
You're right and you're wrong.

The Niger Delta, as now defined officially by the Nigerian government, extends over about 70,000 km2 (27,000 sq mi) and makes up 7.5% of Nigeria's land mass. Historically and cartographically, it consists of present-day Bayelsa, Delta, and Rivers States. In 2000, however, Obasanjo's regime included Abia, Akwa-Ibom, Cross River State, Edo, IMO and Ondo States in the region. Some 31 million people [2]of more than 40 ethnic groups including theBini,Efik,Esan,Ibibio,Igbo,Annang,Oron,Ijaw,Itsekiri,Isoko,Urhobo,Ukwuani,Kalabari,Okrika and Ogoni, are among the inhabitants of the political Niger Delta, speaking about 250 different dialects.The Niger Delta, and the "South South Zone", which includes Akwa Ibom State, Bayelsa State, Cross River State, Delta State, Edo State and Rivers Stateare two different entities. While the Niger Delta is the oil-producing region the Nigerian South South is a geo-political zone.
Re: Violent Protests Erupt In Edo, As Ize-iyamu Rejects Election Results by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 30, 2016
Pidggin:

Edo is not part of SS, it is more of SW. They share a lot of similarities to the south western region especially in aspects of culture and religion. I am a Geographer.

1 Like

Re: Violent Protests Erupt In Edo, As Ize-iyamu Rejects Election Results by yungest(m): 12:45pm On Sep 30, 2016
Alighoda2:
edo state is owing local government workers
lol...the state government explained wh
Re: Violent Protests Erupt In Edo, As Ize-iyamu Rejects Election Results by koboko69: 12:56pm On Sep 30, 2016
Sinkills:
I think that Governor Oshiomhole and the APC in Edo State were really desperate to be declared winner of the governorship elections. To me, everything was planned and perfected supported by federal might. I think they want to cover up their tracks by ensuring that pastor Ize-iyamu does not become governor as he had threatened to probe the outgoing governor. Well, let us watch and see as events unfold. 2019 will really be interesting.

Ur useless opinion. Apc had federal might in Bayelsa, Had federal might in Rivers, so what is ur useless wailing point? Must PDP win, they won in other states, u didn't remember federal might then, abeg go and wail else where.PDP is free to go to court.

1 Like

Re: Violent Protests Erupt In Edo, As Ize-iyamu Rejects Election Results by koboko69: 12:58pm On Sep 30, 2016
MilitaryMinded:

Oga, i hope you are not mixing 'south south' and 'niger delta' together because they are two completely different entities. Edo has never been a part of ND. ND comprises of only 3 states Delta, rivers and bayelsa all of which are within the south south geo political zone

Una don start again. Edo was never part of Niger Delta. Old Bendel divided in to Edo and Delta was never part of Niger delta because they lost to APC. Wetin we nor go see for this section
Re: Violent Protests Erupt In Edo, As Ize-iyamu Rejects Election Results by koboko69: 1:01pm On Sep 30, 2016
dirtymoney:

You're right and you're wrong.

The Niger Delta, as now defined officially by the Nigerian government, extends over about 70,000 km2 (27,000 sq mi) and makes up 7.5% of Nigeria's land mass. Historically and cartographically, it consists of present-day Bayelsa, Delta, and Rivers States. In 2000, however, Obasanjo's regime included Abia, Akwa-Ibom, Cross River State, Edo, IMO and Ondo States in the region. Some 31 million people [2]of more than 40 ethnic groups including theBini,Efik,Esan,Ibibio,Igbo,Annang,Oron,Ijaw,Itsekiri,Isoko,Urhobo,Ukwuani,Kalabari,Okrika and Ogoni, are among the inhabitants of the political Niger Delta, speaking about 250 different dialects.The Niger Delta, and the "South South Zone", which includes Akwa Ibom State, Bayelsa State, Cross River State, Delta State, Edo State and Rivers Stateare two different entities. While the Niger Delta is the oil-producing region the Nigerian South South is a geo-political zone.

Oga present delta was formally Bendel state, which Banbagida divided in to Edo and Delta. How can someone say Edo was never Niger Delta. Na wa oooo.
Re: Violent Protests Erupt In Edo, As Ize-iyamu Rejects Election Results by Thisis2raw(m): 1:42pm On Sep 30, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Sorry, i replied your mention...I just realised immediately i saw your profile pic. You're such a baby & to think, you just registered last month? So sorry, son!
you called me son huh? Am well enough to give you some babies and still feed and keep you
Re: Violent Protests Erupt In Edo, As Ize-iyamu Rejects Election Results by persius555(m): 2:45pm On Sep 30, 2016
Pidggin:

Edo is not part of SS, it is more of SW. They share a lot of similarities to the south western region especially in aspects of culture and religion. I am a Geographer.

What has South-South got to do with geography? You are an embarrassment to geography. Of all the states in Nigeria, no one has as many diverse geographical attributes as Edo state.
Its culture, language and depth of intellectual, geophysical diversity is unique in every sense. A people of freewill who know when and how to discern between good and evil.

The election has come and gone and the people of Edo state are to sophisticated to be stuck in the politics of waste and bitterness.
For all we care, PDP and APC are just political expressions that mean nothing to our continuous existence.
The next four years is just around the bend, let the opposition parties prepare theirselves to woo the Edo voters.
If anyone thinks an average Edo man will be sucked into the political nonsense that has engulfed other regions, then think again.
Edolites are too matured, independent minded and sophisticated to be hoodwinked by political hogwash.
With or without PDP and APC, we move on with our lives.
For regions, who will rather shed innocent bloods and souls for the sake of something as worthless as Nigerian politics, please keep it away from Edo state.

1 Like

Re: Violent Protests Erupt In Edo, As Ize-iyamu Rejects Election Results by Pidggin(f): 11:06pm On Sep 30, 2016
persius555:

What has South-South got to do with geography? You are an embarrassment to geography. Of all the states in Nigeria, no one has as many diverse geographical attributes as Edo state.
Its culture, language and depth of intellectual, geophysical diversity is unique in every sense. A people of freewill who know when and how to discern between good and evil.

The election has come and gone and the people of Edo state are to sophisticated to be stuck in the politics of waste and bitterness.
For all we care, PDP and APC are just political expressions that mean nothing to our continuous existence.
The next four years is just around the bend, let the opposition parties prepare theirselves to woo the Edo voters.
If anyone thinks an average Edo man will be sucked into the political nonsense that has engulfed other regions, then think again.
Edolites are too matured, independent minded and sophisticated to be hoodwinked by political hogwash.
With or without PDP and APC, we move on with our lives.
For regions, who will rather shed innocent bloods and souls for the sake of something as worthless as Nigerian politics, please keep it away from Edo state.

Edolites are naturally docile kindly don't mistake this for sophistication or maturity..Have you seen the footage of the APGA candidate tearing voting materials right in front of people and everyone stood watching like statues? This can never happen in any SS state

Most tribes within Edo state and Yorubas share similar ancestry. This is why you have Obas in both regions also certain places within the region bear Yoruba names and practice Islam. Edo is not an ND state.

Nigeria was created by a foreigner who knew little about the history of the tribes within the area this is why listing Edo state amongst the ND region will be worsening the mistake of Lord Lugard

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sit-at-home: Adopt Another Approach. Delta Government Begs IPOB, Unknown Gunmen / Pictures From PDP Youth Townhall Meeting In Ilorin Kwara State / PDP Plans To Obtain A Court Injunction On Monday To Stop Announcement Of Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.