Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,904 members, 7,817,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari (36242 Views)

My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles –arase / 2017 Budget’ll End Nigeria’s Economic Woes – Buhari / Economic Woes: Buhari Needs God’s Intervention —Oba Akiolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by johnpaulemeka: 1:43pm On Oct 01, 2016
blueto:
So you mean those rail way systems that you inaugurated at the inception of your administration, the 5000mw you inherited and so on weren't a product of your predecessors?? You are quick to attribute every failure in your govt to your predecessors but attribute any iota of success to your “body language.”

In spite of your administration’s daily vilification of Jonathan, the achievements of his government continue to speak for themselves.

Jonathan put in place a policy that provided zero import-duty for completely knocked down vehicles; while discouraging the importation of already assembled cars; old or brand new, by the imposition of heavy import-duties. This propelled car manufacturers to set up assembly-plants in Nigeria that provide jobs for craftsmen, technicians, technologists, engineers, and other professionals across the value chain. The government also made it a policy to patronize locally-made and assembled cars.

The outcome is that local car-assembly is back in Nigeria; literally risen from the dead. Big auto giants, including Peugeot, Nissan, Volkswagen, Kia, Hyundai and apparently Honda, now either assemble, or entirely manufacture, their cars, SUVs, trucks and buses at various locations in Nigeria. In addition, Nigeria had an indigenous car-manufacturing company, Innoson, which was not only selling locally but dabbling in exports.

Nigerians did not vote you for incessant blames, don't think because APC recently won a state election then Nigerians won't vote you out if you keep blaming and failing to perform.

there is nothing to add to your post dear. you have said all. Nigeria's are not interested in d blame game any more

1 Like

Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by Andema(m): 1:58pm On Oct 01, 2016
[/color]
tuale4u:
Buhari is on point.

I actually i find it unrealistic when people say the govt should stop blaming the past.
We are suffering today, because the past never prepared for the future (today).

And also we are very unrealistic in our expectation that things can turn around suddenly.
it will takes us about ten years to diversify the economy. Diversification is not a switch you can just turn on or off.
it is a long painful process. We must understand this and work towards it.

All we talk about is dollar vs naira rate because we are still focussing on consuming imported tins.

We must look inward in our consumption pattern.

Blaming the past for the current economy woes does not in any way affect the performance of the govt. They can blame past govt while they work. it does not slow down progress in anyway. Actually it helps progress because it makes it easier for Nigerians to persevere and work hard for a better future.
[color=#000099]
tuale4u:
Buhari is on point.

I actually i find it unrealistic when people say the govt should stop blaming the past.

And also we are very unrealistic in our expectation that things can turn around suddenly.
it will takes us about ten years to diversify the economy. Diversification is not a switch you can just turn on or off.

All we talk about is dollar vs naira rate because we are still focussing on consuming imported tins.

Blaming the past for the current economy woes does not in any way affect the performance of the govt. They can blame past govt while they work. it does not slow down progress in anyway. Actually it helps progress because it makes it easier for Nigerians to persevere and work hard for a better future.
tuale4u:
Buhari is on point.

With apologies, If the past did not prepare for the future, what should the present do? Sit and blame the past? If so when would the blame game stop?
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by borntosuccess(m): 2:36pm On Oct 01, 2016
so also will d wrath of God keep on decending on u
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by ephi123(f): 3:10pm On Oct 01, 2016
To the mod that hid my previous comment, I have no words for you, there was no rule broken in that comment yet you went ahead to hide it. In any case passingshot the reporter must have gotten the message passed across to him. Cowards.

Also, no amount of hiding comments can change the fact that majority of people are disappointed in this govt, and the likes on blueto's comment reflect that. That is the reality, deal with it rather than policing people's comments up and down.
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by gabriella4691(f): 4:14pm On Oct 01, 2016
Standing5:
Even Russia with all her technological sophistication had to set a 7 years target in which she would try to overturn the effects of dependence of oil. 'Nigerians' want Buhari to do it in 1 month without money. The hate and ignorance is clear and obvious.
what are you saying?so we should wait for Buhari's change for 7 to 8years too!hhhhhmmm,make all Nigerians don die b4 that year with hike in prices of all things?And wait,it will be a second term 4 Buhari!NEVER!!!!if after all these sufferings from buhari and APC fake changes,Nigeria still mumu vote 4clueless lie party and president wey always blame their predecessors/oppositions but not finding way forward to prove their self acclaimed party motto 'CHANGE',then we that vote for them again,are the greatest MUMU!stop blaming,and do something!
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by Standing5(m): 4:32pm On Oct 01, 2016
gabriella4691:
what are you saying?so we should wait for Buhari's change for 7 to 8years too!hhhhhmmm,make all Nigerians don die b4 that year with hike in prices of all things?And wait,it will be a second term 4 Buhari!NEVER!!!!if after all these sufferings from buhari and APC fake changes,Nigeria still mumu vote 4clueless lie party and president wey always blame their predecessors/oppositions but not finding way forward to prove their self acclaimed party motto 'CHANGE',then we that vote for them again,are the greatest MUMU!stop blaming,and do something!
Choose between reality and delusion. If GEJ with so much fund didn't generate income I don't expect Buhari to.
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by PassingShot(m): 4:33pm On Oct 01, 2016
ephi123:
To the mod that hid my previous comment, I have no words for you, there was no rule broken in that comment yet you went ahead to hide it. In any case passingshot the reporter must have gotten the message passed across to him. Cowards.

Also, no amount of hiding comments can change the fact that majority of people are disappointed in this govt, and the likes on blueto's comment reflect that. That is the reality, deal with it rather than policing people's comments up and down.
Continue to deceive yourself. The "likes" on Nairaland that didn't win you guys Edo state. Talk of self deceit!
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by coolscott(m): 4:37pm On Oct 01, 2016
tuale4u:
Buhari is on point.

[size=13pt]Then Buhari must also blame himself for truncating our democracy and sending us into 16 years of military dictatorship (from 1983-1999).

We know that the democratic process improves and becomes better with practice, as we expected in 1999 and as we have experienced from that time till now.

Truncating democracy in 1983 put us through the era of military regime after military regime, making us new learners in the game in 1999 and participators in a process in which we are still learning and improving.

What would our country have been like if we did not experience IBB, and Abacha all these years?

What would our country be like if democracy was let to grow. We will never know.

But what we know is that his coup in 1983 started the country into the 16-year millitary dictatorship era that we all consider the worse in our country's history, and if he had handled well the affairs of a less complex nation then, the space for IBB to undo and put him aside would not have arisen in the first place.

It is reasonable to ask Mr. President to add himself to his list of predecessors if what has happened in the past must be known
[/size]

1 Like

Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by ephi123(f): 4:47pm On Oct 01, 2016
PassingShot:

Continue to deceive yourself. The "likes" on Nairaland that didn't win you guys Edo state. Talk of self deceit!

Please go and take a seat. Who is talking about Edo here? You obviously think everyone is like you with nothing tangible doing with their lives offline. Just respect yourself and stay in your corner.
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by Ijobaorun(m): 8:59pm On Oct 01, 2016
Buhari should not forget that he is one of the past rulers of Nigeria.
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by Emassive(m): 2:38am On Oct 02, 2016
You obviously didn't go to primary school
tuale4u:
Buhari is on point.

Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by mescapee: 3:22am On Oct 02, 2016
By all means continue!!!!

2019 loading!
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by laytoshtwo: 3:37am On Oct 02, 2016
He is one of the predecessors.........Continue you go tire
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by SamiraF: 12:31pm On Oct 02, 2016
The Disastrous Dictator from Daura. Dictating Disasters since kingdom come
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by smartograpy(m): 6:46pm On Oct 02, 2016
byrron:
Is Buhari not a part of the past visionless leaders that once ruled Nigeria or has he forgotten?
when Buhari ruled things where not as bad as this and there was no corruption in the public sector by that time the naira was stronger than the dolar so please minimise the crab and speak sence
it is obivious that you were not yet born at that time
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 02, 2016
smartograpy:
when Buhari ruled things where not as bad as this and there was no corruption in the public sector by that time the naira was stronger than the dolar so please minimise the crab and speak sence
it is obivious that you were not yet born at that time

It's obvious that I'm older than you going by your childish responses and distortion of facts.

If your parents didn't que up to buy ordinary bread and milk during buharis military regime then I make bold to say that the thoughts of even conceiving you has not even been contemplated or you were just a toddler as of then.

This is the second time buhari will be leading Nigeria into recession which happens to be his area of expertise and one of the core reasons he was butted out.

Counter me with facts and stop being childish.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by cuteboy2: 12:07am On Oct 03, 2016
kenny987:

Maybe we should not attack him too much anymore if he keeps passing the buck that stops ordinarily at his table because he has unknowingly begun to tie in his own time in office among those who have mismanaged and continue to mismanage the country. 16 years of PDP ended in 2015, he's been at it from May 2015 till date so that 17-year statement includes him and confirms his incompetence within 18 months which clearly has a worse effect than previous 16 years of civilian governance from 1999.

He's just an inept yet wicked thief unfortunately.

When Buhari keeps saying economy was mismanaged in the last 16 years, the questions that come to mind are:

1. Did Nigeria come into existence 16 years ago?

2. Does it mean that previous governments of Abacha, IBB, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Shagari and General Buhari all managed the economy well?
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by cuteboy2: 12:12am On Oct 03, 2016
When Buhari is blaming his predecessors, I hope he also realises that he is blaming himself since he was Head of State between 1984-1985.

Also I hope he understands that last 16 years also includes the last 15months he has been in charge. So he is actually blaming himself. A clear case of when you point one finger at somebody and four are pointing right back at you.
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by niyidenrele: 9:39am On Oct 03, 2016
blueto:
So you mean those rail way systems that you inaugurated at the inception of your administration, the 5000mw you inherited and so on weren't a product of your predecessors?? You are quick to attribute every failure in your govt to your predecessors but attribute any iota of success to your “body language.”

In spite of your administration’s daily vilification of Jonathan, the achievements of his government continue to speak for themselves.

Jonathan put in place a policy that provided zero import-duty for completely knocked down vehicles; while discouraging the importation of already assembled cars; old or brand new, by the imposition of heavy import-duties. This propelled car manufacturers to set up assembly-plants in Nigeria that provide jobs for craftsmen, technicians, technologists, engineers, and other professionals across the value chain. The government also made it a policy to patronize locally-made and assembled cars.

The outcome is that local car-assembly is back in Nigeria; literally risen from the dead. Big auto giants, including Peugeot, Nissan, Volkswagen, Kia, Hyundai and apparently Honda, now either assemble, or entirely manufacture, their cars, SUVs, trucks and buses at various locations in Nigeria. In addition, Nigeria had an indigenous car-manufacturing company, Innoson, which was not only selling locally but dabbling in exports.

Nigerians did not vote you for incessant blames, don't think because APC recently won a state election then Nigerians won't vote you out if you keep blaming and failing to perform.
it is not a Mata of being on the side of anybody,it is a matter of saying the truth anytime, any day,so you are now telling us that, those accomplishments that was made possible during Jonathan era ,was done solely by him ,without the inputs from any of the pasts leaders ?what u never understood is that weneva president Buhari blamed ex president Jonathan ,he's indirectly also blaming those people that help him into the government eg Obasanjo, et al.... having a deep thought on issues will always prevent u to make serious blunders ....
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by allstarfestus: 3:54pm On Oct 03, 2016
Well, during the election...at a rally Jonathan was blaming the past government, and all the apc member start to yab him that he has forgotten. That he is the in charge, expecially fashola , that he keep blaming past leaders, am surprised, that this government, now do worst of it

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Atiku Hosts Maduka In Abuja Ahead Of Anambra PDP Primaries (Video, Pics) / Nigeria Must Repay Abacha Loot If It’s Stolen Again – US / Onion Traders Threaten To Cut Supply To Southern Nigeria Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.