Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,026 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari (36225 Views)

My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles –arase / 2017 Budget’ll End Nigeria’s Economic Woes – Buhari / Economic Woes: Buhari Needs God’s Intervention —Oba Akiolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by emmydollars4life(m): 5:52am On Oct 01, 2016
After blaming GEJ, next president will blaming u too, then the blaming continue, our only Mistake, is that we vote u in thinking u are going to correct those things that will make u blame him, little did we knew that u have no plan.
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by Ogeam(m): 6:14am On Oct 01, 2016
tuale4u:
Buhari is on point.

I actually i find it unrealistic when people say the govt should stop blaming the past.
We are suffering today, because the past never prepared for the future (today).

And also we are very unrealistic in our expectation that things can turn around suddenly.
it will takes us about ten years to diversify the economy. Diversification is not a switch you can just turn on or off.
it is a long painful process. We must understand this and work towards it.

All we talk about is dollar vs naira rate because we are still focussing on consuming imported tins.

We must look inward in our consumption pattern.

Blaming the past for the current economy woes does not in any way affect the performance of the govt. They can blame past govt while they work. it does not slow down progress in anyway. Actually it helps progress because it makes it easier for Nigerians to persevere and work hard for a better future.

You said we are unrealistic to have expected things to turn around in a short while? But at least if things are not better they should not get worse. Only God knows when we would recover from the economic miry that the present administration has led us into.

While we all agree that the past administration had its woes, do we need to be told and reminded what we already know?? That is nothing but cluelessness seeking excuses for his failure

Nothing is more appalling than being led by a government without clear direction and tactical strategies to move everyone forward.

Na God's hand we dey for this country

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by Temptee101(m): 6:40am On Oct 01, 2016
koribobo:
If you are conversant with the politcal history of Nigeria,you should be able to observe he was an outstanding leader.
Outstanding my foot! To the extent he had to pushed once buoyant economy into recession in one year

1 Like

Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by Saintp(m): 6:43am On Oct 01, 2016
tuale4u:
Buhari is on point.

I actually i find it unrealistic when people say the govt should stop blaming the past.

And also we are very unrealistic in our expectation that things can turn around suddenly.
it will takes us about ten years to diversify the economy. Diversification is not a switch you can just turn on or off.

All we talk about is dollar vs naira rate because we are still focussing on consuming imported tins.

Blaming the past for the current economy woes does not in any way affect the performance of the govt. They can blame past govt while they work. it does not slow down progress in anyway. Actually it helps progress because it makes it easier for Nigerians to persevere and work hard for a better future.
Bros, you are on point. blaming the past is necessary because if PMB had not greedily ended our democracy in the early 80s, but allowed it to continue, there wouldn't have been PDP and GEJ in the first place so he is actually part of the biggest disaster that has brought us here.
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by FreeBoss: 6:46am On Oct 01, 2016
But Buhari is a past leader himself. He should also blame himself
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by theMEGAman(m): 6:54am On Oct 01, 2016
tuale4u:
Buhari is on point.

Who are the new in this present government among the people that leading us before and now Amechi, fashola, erufai, tinubu, oshonmole, umana o umana, etc.and most of them are they not the members of PDP 2 to 3 yes ego?.
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by ajajoseph: 6:55am On Oct 01, 2016
buhari has forgotten that he was once of the predecessor in this country so he should blame himself too.
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by fizzy4luv(m): 6:57am On Oct 01, 2016
Nairaland Mods should also make available DISLIKE option, there are so many comments up there that would have gathered 1000 Dislikes.
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by OBAGADAFFI: 7:01am On Oct 01, 2016
Buhari probably forgot he served under Abacha as PTF chairman

Buhari forgot his a former president.
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by iambrite(m): 7:17am On Oct 01, 2016
Do what you are suppose to do and stop blaming others
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by Bigboss111(m): 7:35am On Oct 01, 2016
I believe people would concur with APC government in their blaming game if they are Performing very well in governance. That is if people are seeing drastic changes in the economy and social development that surpasses the past.

In a situation where people are struggling to get food for survival, blaming the past would only exhibit ineptness to correct the lapses inherited. Its also causes people to loss confidence on the government they voted to effect CHANGE.

For Example, if you give your worker a task to fulfill and then suddenly he started scratching his head, that means he/she is likely to fail.

Therefore, my own advice to the new government is to discard the issue of the past that almost everybody know and fulfill their campaign promises.

OBJ came in and met challenges but kept silence and carried on. Despite his lapses, he did his best to strengthen the economy and also settled the country's ever growing foreign dept.

Finally, every educated Nigerian know what is happening in this country. The corruption is still on, mismanagement of resources by some of our State Governors is multiplying, kidnappings, inflation, fall of Naira in international markets, poverty and hunger etc. So, we need to look at ourselves first before pointing fingers at others.

PMB can never steal our money nor engage in any dirty deals, but he is advised to look at the people around him very well. He believes in them but they will never believe in his change mantra - only few of them.

May God Help Naija, Shikenan!

1 Like

Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by Henrichemeka(m): 7:41am On Oct 01, 2016
And you will continue failing. That Obama, who is your man, did he complain and Blame Bush when he met recession? No of course, but he initiated policies that revamped the US economy. Same with Lee Kwuan Yew of Singapore and so many other leaders in the world. Your predicessors (PDP) never complained in 1999 about what you and your brothers did with the economy during military era. Let me remained you that Nigeria went into recession when Gowon desolved the regional arrangemet and created 12 states. Nigerian recession started that period till 1999, but your predicessors has been managing it till now without any blame game and complaint, or do you think they don't know how to blame? Keep on blaming past administration, don't initiate good policies to better the livelihood of the citizens of this country. Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by AdeniyiA(m): 7:51am On Oct 01, 2016
tuale4u:
Buhari is on point.

Do you know why God situate the eyes in front nd nothing at the back head ?? It's that we always look ahead nd never behind, you can learn from the past for the betterment of tomorrow but not to always bore us with the known reasons we butted out d PDP.

He's saying nothing new nd it has become an admittance of his failures, like saying "you know why I am failing nd not performing ??,it's because of the past" undecided I think our president met what's beyond him and hence is overwhelmed. If he's preoccupied with making Nigeria great, he would have no time reminiscing about expired yesterday .
Mr President, tell us what you have in plans for Nigeria and how you intend to achieve them and not this buck passing. People are suffering and dying angry
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by wickyyolo: 8:02am On Oct 01, 2016
We in the south want the Herdsman in Asovilla to fail and he took the first path to failure. "Blame others for everything"
When the north die of famine in 2019. He won't recontest
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by Sasuwa(f): 8:07am On Oct 01, 2016
blueto:
So you mean those rail way systems that you inaugurated at the inception of your administration, the 5000mw you inherited and so on weren't a product of your predecessors?? You are quick to attribute every failure in your govt to your predecessors but attribute any iota of success to your “body language.”

In spite of your administration’s daily vilification of Jonathan, the achievements of his government continue to speak for themselves.

Jonathan put in place a policy that provided zero import-duty for completely knocked down vehicles; while discouraging the importation of already assembled cars; old or brand new, by the imposition of heavy import-duties. This propelled car manufacturers to set up assembly-plants in Nigeria that provide jobs for craftsmen, technicians, technologists, engineers, and other professionals across the value chain. The government also made it a policy to patronize locally-made and assembled cars.

The outcome is that local car-assembly is back in Nigeria; literally risen from the dead. Big auto giants, including Peugeot, Nissan, Volkswagen, Kia, Hyundai and apparently Honda, now either assemble, or entirely manufacture, their cars, SUVs, trucks and buses at various locations in Nigeria. In addition, Nigeria had an indigenous car-manufacturing company, Innoson, which was not only selling locally but dabbling in exports.

Nigerians did not vote you for incessant blames, don't think because APC recently won a state election then Nigerians won't vote you out if you keep blaming and failing to perform.
you have no shame, you can tis achievement , whe we are far behind countries like india and brazil that we are at par before? shame, shame shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by Iamdipson(m): 8:10am On Oct 01, 2016
Temptee101:
Outstanding my foot! To the extent he had to pushed once buoyant economy into recession in one year
Buoyant? And GEJ was borrowing to finance recurrent expenditures Not even for capital projects. Oga you know not what you are saying
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by iconaus: 9:01am On Oct 01, 2016
excel101:
PMB should know that the reason why he was elected into office was because Nigerians wants the change they claim to have. PMB should not remind us about GEJ again, cos they condemned GEJ Govt. and won our heart, instead of delivering his promises he's still blaming last administration. PMB is a total failure.

And gej they condemned so far was better.
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by iconaus: 9:05am On Oct 01, 2016
maasoap:
Yes, I'm with you Mr president, my president. Evils that men did live after them, we will continue to blame them, tell the whole world how they stashed every kobo abroad and when they are called to account, they suddenly remember that there is human rights which they are entitled to.
Even though, we won't relent in turning things around for the better.

Idiot Abacha, Ibb , Abudusslami and Obj did not steal ? Yet the successive govt then carried on without blame . Just tell ur buhari to work . No brain any way
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by edpunter(m): 9:17am On Oct 01, 2016
MrFootball:

omo mehn, na only God go deliver dis nation. Worse is dat d man is nt bothered one inch.

Because he's a coward, courageous leaders face what needs to be faced and do what needs to be done. Cowardly leaders make excuses, hide their heads in the sand, and generally take the easy way out.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by MrFootball(m): 9:27am On Oct 01, 2016
edpunter:

Because he's a coward, courageous leaders face what needs to be faced and do what needs to be done. Cowardly leaders make excuses, hide their heads in the sand, and generally take the easy way out.
na true u talk.
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by breakeven: 9:45am On Oct 01, 2016
Kolomentality. Incompetence loading.........
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by ephi123(f): 9:49am On Oct 01, 2016
Ogeam:

You said we are unrealistic to have expected things to turn around in a short while? But at least if things are not better they should not get worse. Only God knows when we would recover from the economic miry that the present administration has led us into.

While we all agree that the past administration had its woes, do we need to be told and reminded what we already know?? That is nothing but cluelessness seeking excuses for his failure

Nothing is more appalling than being led by a government without clear direction and tactical strategies to move everyone forward.

Na God's hand we dey for this country
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by segsun: 10:27am On Oct 01, 2016
This is not unexpected, it is highly impossible to give what you do not have. Nigerians deserve the kind of leaders, no, rulers we have. How will someone in his right senses thumbprint for this old man without credentials.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by Meeky(m): 11:17am On Oct 01, 2016
buhari should blame himself too.i hope he has not forgotten that he was also his predecessors.1983 has he forgotten

1 Like

Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by ABEngine(m): 11:54am On Oct 01, 2016
tuale4u:
Buhari is on point.

I agree with you partially however......

This man convenes and dines with the ex-presidents at Council of state meetings: If he has guts those are avenues to blame them and cut their enormous pensions.

Nigerians asked for balm to heal, not reminders of our shame which we barely can do nothing about. I simply see his comments as distractions.

We are his employers, meaning he is our employee. Would you rather permit an employee giving you excuses on the ill basis of his predecessor not doing things right instead getting things done?

That's why his predecessor got the axe in the first place, the only difference? His predecessor didn't go about complaining despite inheriting same issues.

Man has got electoral bills to pay, expect nothing spectacular from him except the dimensions and extents to which he takes his blame games. The next government will consider Buhari's equally corrupt. No biggie.

About things turning around, chief the citizens know that we only need policies to point in the direction of salvation. Yours faithfully and I can agree that there hasn't been any yet except for proposals to liquidate National assets.

Nitel how market?
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by ABEngine(m): 12:01pm On Oct 01, 2016
edpunter:

I am not for calling the #1 citizen names. It doesn't add nor remove from him. If you contributed a single vote for him you stand to rethink come 2019 and if you boycotted the entire electoral process for the fear of whatever then you stand to be blamed.

We are all in this mess together.

I stand with #NoClearCutPolicy #NoVote.

Reasons why we shouldn't vote people who cannot debate economic issues, people who aren't even aware of these issues as it pertains the everyday man.
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by chinjo(m): 12:02pm On Oct 01, 2016
tuale4u:
Buhari is on point.

is Buhari not part of the past?
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by ABEngine(m): 12:08pm On Oct 01, 2016
Temptee101:
Talking about buhari and his unending blame games. I always hear people call him a dullard, President Buhari, certificateless, illiterate and many others. Thought they were just hating or otherwise pulling a stunt but its clearly visible that this unfortunate being we call our President is not only a dullard but a sophisticated one raised to power 1000.

I sincerely advice him that since the Almighty is wasting time to take him away he should for once be patriotic and hearken to the voice of the majority and commit suicide by taking rat poison, hanging himself by the balls or by firing squad.

When you do this you will forever be remembered. God bless you buhari as you do it

You have been hit by one policy mishap abi? Let me guess the ongoing bruhaha at the Apex bank.
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by DarkHenrie(m): 1:28pm On Oct 01, 2016
The height of irresponsible leadership. This man is a disaster.
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by Chimdiebere(m): 1:42pm On Oct 01, 2016
Biafra is God's creation to liberate Nigeria out of this mess!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Oak TV Apologizes For Releasing Lai Mohammed's El-zakzaky Video / Osinbajo And El-Rufai Jet Out To London For A Meeting / Nnamdi Kanu Fulfils Bail Condition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.