Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Cop Cracks Windshield With Suspect’s Head - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cop Cracks Windshield With Suspect’s Head (385 Views)

Kano Cracks Down On Beggars, Arrests 226 / NAPTIP Officer In Police Net For Allegedly Attempting To Murder Cop Lover (pics) / Woman Offered Us N500,000 To Kill Her Husband, Says Suspect (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cop Cracks Windshield With Suspect’s Head by ifaala: 7:22pm On Sep 30, 2016

LORAIN – Lorain police are defending themselves against brutality claims raised by a man whose head was slammed into a cruiser with enough force to shatter the windshield.

The dash cam video, obtained exclusively by WKYC Channel 3 News, shows Pele Smith, handcuffed from behind, being walked to a cruiser on 34th Street in Lorain.

Suddenly, Smith’s face is slammed into the windshield, causing the glass to shatter.

“It’s unbelievable. It’s sad. It’s frightening that an individual while in handcuffs has something like that happen to them,” said Mark Petroff, an Elyria attorney representing Smith.

After the September 2014 incident, Smith was treated at Mercy Regional Medical Center for facial injuries.

He was later charged with tampering with evidence, obstructing official business and resisting arrest. In a plea deal with prosecutors, Smith pleaded guilty and received probation.

Smith, 32, last month filed a civil rights lawsuit against the city and several officers. He is seeking unspecified damages. The case is in U.S. District Court in Cleveland. It is assigned to Judge Christopher Boyko.

Lorain Police Chief Cel Rivera released a statement Wednesday calling Smith “a violent drug trafficker” and said the video “does not tell the complete story” and “could be misunderstood” by the public.

Source+Video: http://squidot.com/cop-cracks-windshield-with-suspects-head/

(1) (Reply)

I'm Afraid To See My Family And Old Friends. -I Hope You Would Read My Story. / I Only Put My Pen!s In Her Mouth – Teacher Arrested For Defiling Small Girl / LAGBUS Begins Operations As RRS Arrest Five Suspects For Vandalism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.