Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) - Agriculture (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) (192114 Views)

Organic Poultry Management For Beginners.. / Let's Discuss Organic Poultry Farming / Organic Poultry Growth Supplement That Works Like Magic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by willian10: 10:58am On Nov 09, 2016
kayo80:

Nice. These are Broilers, right?
Yes

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by kayo80(m): 11:03am On Nov 09, 2016
willian10:

Yes

Cool. Good luck. Just keep feeding them Top Feed, and make sure they always have clean water, and you will be smiling during Christmas. They would be massive by then.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by jfkenny(m): 11:09am On Nov 09, 2016
Willian ur birds at 8weeks are neat but not that big. Maybe, animal care is best for broilers though I have switched to vital.. 9weeks and 1 day, fed sparingly.

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by jfkenny(m): 11:13am On Nov 09, 2016
willian10:
Yes
Do ur broilers have black patches, mine have..
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by willian10: 2:07pm On Nov 09, 2016
jfkenny:

Do ur broilers have black patches, mine have..
No, pure white
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by willian10: 2:15pm On Nov 09, 2016
jfkenny:
Willian ur birds at 8weeks are neat but not that big. Maybe, animal care is best for broilers though I have switched to vital.. 9weeks and 1 day, fed sparingly.
Boss, urs are male, two among these are just male, that was the mistake i male, they're just 7 weeks plus 4 days, i got them on Saturday.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by jfkenny(m): 4:00pm On Nov 09, 2016
willian10:

Boss, urs are male, two among these are just male, that was the mistake i male, they're just 7 weeks plus 4 days, i got them on Saturday.
That's what it should be, a male to 3 broilers, ur birds were probably not well fed by the person u bought from. My only problem is that my birds are aggressive....
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by willian10: 5:26pm On Nov 09, 2016
jfkenny:

That's what it should be, a male to 3 broilers, ur birds were probably not well fed by the person u bought from. My only problem is that my birds are aggressive....
Maybe sha, but they are well vaccinated.
Which state are u & how much are u willing to sell them by Xmas.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by jfkenny(m): 5:37pm On Nov 09, 2016
willian10:
Maybe sha, but they are well vaccinated. Which state are u & how much are u willing to sell them by Xmas.
Anambra and wouldn't know how much dey will b sold by December..
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by crossblane1(m): 6:30pm On Nov 09, 2016
pls how many 25kg bag of feeds will 50 day old chicks consume in four weeks?
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by jfkenny(m): 8:19pm On Nov 09, 2016
crossblane1:
4-5bags

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 09, 2016
[size=8pt][/size]
crossblane1:

jfkenny:

4-5bags

My 13-day old 51 noilers just consumed 1 bag in two weeks.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by jfkenny(m): 9:26pm On Nov 09, 2016
EMMAACHILE:
[size=8pt][/size]

K, my bad Shaa, I forgot that I raised 100 DOC..
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 09, 2016
jfkenny:

K, my bad Shaa, I forgot that I raised 100 DOC..
100 noilers should consume more than that in a month. I am expecting to consume minimum of 3 bags in 30 days for 51 noilers.

I also notice the noilers eat like broilers but don't need the high crude protein that broilers need. I just bought them vitalfeed chick mash as its about 17-20% cp. Noilers require about 18% cp for first four weeks.

2 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Doneiap(m): 12:30pm On Nov 10, 2016
shakyriri:

Kudos Sir,hope u made profit on the surviving 80birds? did u sell live or as dresses birds?

yea made profits though not much. Ploughed it back into raising the new sets. How do I make them grow bigger and quickly
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Cossycute(f): 4:54pm On Nov 10, 2016
EMMAACHILE:
[size=8pt][/size]

hi emmachile ,long time pls can i come and see ur noilers.i have 70 broilers and 50 whiite cockrels that are 3Week old now and i hope to train noilers next year.

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 10, 2016
Cossycute:
hi emmachile ,long time pls can i come and see ur noilers.i have 70 broilers and 50 whiite cockrels that are 3Week old now and i hope to train noilers next year.

Yes of course, you are welcome. When you are coming, give me a call. My noilers are 14 days today.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by chrisj2(m): 6:19pm On Nov 10, 2016
I like the idea of organic Broilers... I will not expect organically raised broilers to be as big or developed than cooped up and well fed (commercial feed) broilers.

Anyway, will there be market for a cross between broilers and free range chickens - raised organically and with lots of roaming room. I know this will be expensive but the chicken will be tastier. What do we think?
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 10, 2016
chrisj2:
I like the idea of organic Broilers... I will not expect organically raised broilers to be as big or developed than cooped up and well fed (commercial feed) broilers.

Anyway, will there be market for a cross between broilers and free range chickens - raised organically and with lots of roaming room. I know this will be expensive but the chicken will be tastier. What do we think?
There is a breed called noilers. It matures in 10-16 weeks maximum and can reach weight of over 4kg. its best suited for free range.

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by chrisj2(m): 9:27pm On Nov 10, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

There is a breed called noilers. It matures in 10-16 weeks maximum and can reach weight of over 4kg. its best suited for free range.

Thanks! In fact I was wondering what Noilers and had to google it and got the answer via Nairaland...

It seems that Noilers is more or less what I had in mind - although the Noilers do not have to be cockerels; just a cross between our traditional chickens that simply forage around and a kept breed like broilers.

It is a project that I will like to undertake but I think they probably will take longer to mature and one will not more space to rare them. But it is the quality of the meat that I am most concerned with and whether people will be ready to pay a higher price for smaller birds but tougher meat.

How long do Noilers take to mature compared to Broilers?
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by chrisj2(m): 9:37pm On Nov 10, 2016
kayo80:

Nice. These are Broilers, right?

These birds look really healthy and clean - loving the amount of space they have to roam around; freer ranging...

How much will these sell for at maturity - in 6 weeks or so time?
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by kayo80(m): 10:01pm On Nov 10, 2016
chrisj2:

Thanks! In fact I was wondering what Noilers and had to google it and got the answer via Nairaland...

It seems that Noilers is more or less what I had in mind - although the Noilers do not have to be cockerels; just a cross between our traditional chickens that simply forage around and a kept breed like broilers.

It is a project that I will like to undertake but I think they probably will take longer to mature and one will not more space to rare them. But it is the quality of the meat that I am most concerned with and whether people will be ready to pay a higher price for smaller birds but tougher meat.

Noilers reach maturity between 3-4 months, while Broilers reach maturity between 2-3 months.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by chrisj2(m): 10:06pm On Nov 10, 2016
kayo80:

Noilers reach maturity between 3-4 months, while Broilers reach maturity between 2-3 months.

So it seems that Emmaechile's noilers will not be ready for Xmas?

How much is the price of Noilers, Broilers and Old layers?

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by kayo80(m): 10:10pm On Nov 10, 2016
chrisj2:

So it seems that Emmaechile's noilers will not be ready for Xmas?

How much is the price of Noilers, Broilers and Old layers?

No they won't be ready by xmas. As per prices of these birds, it changes yearly. Broilers were selling for 2k5-3k last year. I think old layers are really cheaper...about 1k5. And as for Noilers, I don't know, cos this is my first time rearing Noilers, and I have never seen them in the market before this year. But I am guessing a mature Noiler should sell for 2k or more.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by chrisj2(m): 10:22pm On Nov 10, 2016
kayo80:

No they won't be ready by xmas. As per prices of these birds, it changes yearly. Broilers were selling for 2k5-3k last year. I think old layers are really cheaper...about 1k5. And as for Noilers, I don't know, cos this is my first time rearing Noilers, and I have never seen them in the market before this year. But I am guessing a mature Noiler should sell for 2k or more.

You are a fountain of knowledge - kudos! Good luck with your birds... I will surely buy Noilers before considering Broilers these days. I currently live in the UK and the chicken we eat here are just a lump of white, fatty, not very tasty, heavily drugged and water pumped mess. You need a lot of spices and condiments to make them into a good meal or snack.

Good job folks!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 10, 2016
chrisj2:

10 weeks to 16 weeks

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by jfkenny(m): 4:01am On Nov 11, 2016
Seems, ginger +garlic is an automatic answer to CRD.. I spent #3800 on tylodox for this crd for 5days without result but I got an automatic answer after spending #70 on ginger and garlic... Organic thanks for this thread..
But it seems like, the mixture also reduces birds weight drastically, My observation though.

2 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by kayo80(m): 7:13am On Nov 11, 2016
chrisj2:

You are a fountain of knowledge - kudos! Good luck with your birds... I will surely buy Noilers before considering Broilers these days. I currently live in the UK and the chicken we eat here are just a lump of white, fatty, not very tasty, heavily drugged and water pumped mess. You need a lot of spices and condiments to make them into a good meal or snack.

Good job folks!

cheesy
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 2:34pm On Nov 11, 2016
2kg Plus before six weeks.

5 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by kayo80(m): 3:30pm On Nov 11, 2016
organicfoods:

See meat!!!
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by omejeo: 3:47pm On Nov 11, 2016
organicfoods:
thanks boss
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by lobell: 4:08pm On Nov 11, 2016
organicfoods:

hahaha the guy is ashamed of his weight.

good job sir.

why did you remove his picture na? I liked it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (39) (Reply)

30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farming: My Story

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.