Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,725 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) (39961 Views)

Fayose's Presidential Declaration Address/Speech (Full Text & Photos) / Goodluck Jonathan's 56th Independence Message / Buhari's 2016 Democracy Day Speech (Full Text, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by Samtob90(m): 10:32am On Oct 01, 2016
TPAND:

Shame on you, keep suffering and smiling instead voicing your pains and displeasure at the government you voted to change the system. This one my friend is what I call Dementia Praecox. You should see the doctor your case is pathetic

So you are suffering and smiling? I pity your condition anyway!

1 Like

Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by TPAND(f): 10:34am On Oct 01, 2016
APCmyheart:

Must you show the world how daft you are? How many Independence Day Speech did you hear from your clueless Heroes what did Nigerians Benefit from it aside debt upon debt, Looting upon looting.. You think we have forgotten how GEJ issue billion of naira for independence? you better shut up you flat head.

My post is for the shrewd and ternagers born in the late 90s
Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by ticon4life(m): 10:34am On Oct 01, 2016
May God bless all Nigerians, our righteous and sincere Mr President, his VP and all responsible and sincere Federal cabinets. Amin

1 Like

Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by Afriface: 10:35am On Oct 01, 2016
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by omoyowa: 10:36am On Oct 01, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
and what we always hear from ineffectual buffoon mouth for 6yrs, is we cant- we cant fight corruption, we cant fight boko-haram, millitant and ipods becos they are our brothers,we are d one sponsoring them. we cant pay salary and contractors, we cant repair our refinery, we cant plant rice, and we cant produce anything. pdp and gej are fools
https://www.nairaland.com/politics

Nobody is excluded,,every politician is a thief
Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by freshcvvs: 10:42am On Oct 01, 2016
TPAND:
Counting how many Independence Day speeches I have to hear from this flunk of a president. A clueless dullard.

Just 2more,

Oct 2017
Oct 2018

Wrong, 6 more to go grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by Wadeoye(m): 10:42am On Oct 01, 2016
TPAND:
Counting how many Independence Day speeches I have to hear from this flunk of a president. A clueless dullard.

Just 2more,

Oct 2017
Oct 2018

Get used to it... You will hear 6 more.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by freshcvvs: 10:43am On Oct 01, 2016
barikay:
There is no clean-up going on in Ogoniland. I can provide pictures. These are all political talk to brainwash the people. Clean-up should be done on site not on the media. A country where govt deceive her people. If govt can lie to her citizens, what should the ordinary man on the street do? God have mercy on us.

Oya we are waiting for pictures

1 Like

Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by Krismart(m): 10:47am On Oct 01, 2016
See as the thing sweet for paper as usual. Will probably be used for the next campaign while we wait endlessly for implementation. Direction less set of people
Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by biteck(m): 10:49am On Oct 01, 2016
khalidx:

There is no such thing as herdsmen vs farmers.This is seems to be a deliberate misconception. Your excellency sir, farmers are not fighting with herdsmen, rather it is herdsmen going out of their way to attack, kill, destroy and kidnap not only traditional rulers, farmers, locals of communities, religious leaders.

I repeat it is never a case of farmers fighting with herdsmen. It is a case of herdsmen carrying out terrorist activities across the country.

http://www.channelstv.com/2016/10/01/full-text-president-buharis-independence-day-speech-2/
Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by bashobusa(m): 10:55am On Oct 01, 2016
steppin:
Complete waste of time. He just said what his zombies wants to hear.
those who dont want to hear can go to hell

1 Like

Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by Wadeoye(m): 10:58am On Oct 01, 2016
wiloy2k8:
6 days no light here oo .

Don't worry, huge amount of money is in the budget for rural electrification... Light will soon get to you. For us, power supply has improved.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by APCmyheart(m): 10:58am On Oct 01, 2016
TPAND:

My post is for the shrewd and ternagers born in the late 90s

And will the teenagers born in late 90's eligible to vote?
Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by ANIOCHA: 11:00am On Oct 01, 2016
TPAND:

Just 2more,

Oct 2017
Oct 2018
You are not God,and you don't have respect for yourself and family; that's why you dont have respect for your nation and the leader.speak good words and good will naturally gravitate to you.peace

1 Like

Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by steppin: 11:03am On Oct 01, 2016
bashobusa:
those who dont want to hear can go to hell
Right after you.
Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by Phonon: 11:04am On Oct 01, 2016
May 29, 2019

$1 = NGN3000....
Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by Temptee101(m): 11:09am On Oct 01, 2016
APC and bubu you cannot deceive us again. You are a curse oo. We don't want u again o
How do long epistles translate to good governance
Please just die and save us of this hardship

You shout transparency and saving our resources when all ur appointments and body language exudes hatred, wickedness, tribalism, nonchalance attitude

please travel and never to come back again. We can sacrifice u for the soul of many
Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by reducto: 11:13am On Oct 01, 2016
A useless country meant for diseased alamajiris and dirty cone heads.
Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by Ibmojotu(m): 11:25am On Oct 01, 2016
Happy Independent day Naija#together we'll make Naija great again

1 Like

Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by buffalowings: 11:27am On Oct 01, 2016
Continue to dey make promises
Na only two years remain

Eleribu dullard
Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by Harlarbiz01(m): 11:29am On Oct 01, 2016
I pray for Nigeria to go out our Mess, challenges nd May Allah make nigeria my county d greatest country
..May God build our Nation cus No #man can do it..

1 Like

Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by keynesstreet2: 11:38am On Oct 01, 2016
Dejiih001:
God it is you I look up to, because I am tired of any plagiarised speeches from of these CLUELESS POLITICIANS.
I dont think you are from Nigeria.. May be Gabon or Northern Sudan.........
Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by adamyakub(m): 11:48am On Oct 01, 2016
God bless Nigeria and God bless you too Mr president we are still waiting for the change,

1 Like

Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by BUSARI522(m): 11:59am On Oct 01, 2016
Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by Wadeoye(m): 12:02pm On Oct 01, 2016
Phonon:
May 29, 2019

$1 = NGN3000....

If lazy brats like you continue to depend on imported rice for survival.

If they don't work hard and farm in other countries, would you have died of hunger?

Go to farm and work instead of looking for cheap money - and sitting in your room shouting dollar dollar.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by Dejiih001(m): 12:03pm On Oct 01, 2016
keynesstreet2:

I dont think you are from Nigeria.. May be Gabon or Northern Sudan.........

Thank God you're only thinking.
Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by Iyoma2(f): 12:07pm On Oct 01, 2016
AntiIPOOP:
Baba abeg this speech only is enough for independence celebration, the ineffectual Buffoon spent billions during his era to celebrate independence day. Baba don't end up like that man oo

Master of Flat-heads.
Remember the money he spends on unnecessary travels and frequent medical trips abroad triples what Goodluck spends to maintain the country then,there was surplus for us to eat. No celebrations no food are we in bondage? May celebrations not seize in our lives in Jesus Name.
Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by abdulskulboy(m): 12:10pm On Oct 01, 2016
TPAND:

Just 2more,

Oct 2017
Oct 2018
Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by abdulskulboy(m): 12:16pm On Oct 01, 2016
TPAND:

Just 2more,

Oct 2017
Oct 2018
'just 2more' you may not reach the next independence day, u re jst here insulting someone that is better than you naturally, thinking that u re doing the right thing,
Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by TPAND(f): 12:23pm On Oct 01, 2016
abdulskulboy:

'just 2more' you may not reach the next independence day, u re jst here insulting someone that is better than you naturally, thinking that u re doing the right thing,

How do you know I may not reach the next Independence Day. Do you know if you will make it there yourself. Take your Tribalized guts and dim-wits of my mention. So brainless
Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by jayzblogng: 12:27pm On Oct 01, 2016
the Enugu onitsha express way is being rehabilitated ,no regrets voting for who i did.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by Holyfire1(m): 12:28pm On Oct 01, 2016
NIGERIA @56: ARE WE BECOMING MORE OF WHO WE ARE OR LESS THAN WHAT WE USED TO BE?

"God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is hopeless. "

These times are remarkably the most hard times in the history of the Nigeria economy. The harsh weather of the Nigeria economy is seen upon all and sundry. Yet, we will not give up on our dear nation Nigeria.

I once read of a beautiful quote, which says; "change is hard at the beginning, tough at the middle and enjoyable at the end." As a matter of fact, my concern hasn't been with the "change" in itself, but its effect on us and how we had reacted to this effect.
It is human to find something or someone to blame for everything that goes down about us and around us. But, to blame someone or something about what is so dear to our life and destiny isn’t wise, and doesn’t speak of us as someone who can stand strong on our two feet, alone. Though, this might seems to be hard times for the nation. But, hard times like this are meant to help shift our perspective from what used to be, to what ought to be. Hard times are meant to open our eyes to see the several opportunities we were blinded off by our comfortability . Hard times are meant to reposition us and refocus us on a new course. The last time I checked, blaming anybody or anything for our own predicament hasn't solve a dim of a problem.
The change we anticipate for in this nation can't be achieved by the strength of power or the coercion by the rod of economic hardship. This change can only be achieved by the strength of will. By the tenacity of our will, together. Haven't you read or heard about the tower of babel, whose people had a strong will to build a tower to heaven that even God affirm to what they are capable of achieving by the strength of their will together.

The Nigeria we anticipate to see is yet to be unveiled. But truly, this new Nigeria is forming into shape. Just like the embryo in the womb of a mother, Nigeria is becoming a whole body. Come to think of this, many strong and economically buoyant nations of the world took close to a century to come to the peak of where they are presently. Talk of USA, China, Norway(one of the nations of the world with the richest economy who got her independence in 1814, 102 years ago). Nigeria, been 56 years today since independence shows we are not less of becoming one of the world leading economy, our current situation notwithstanding. Our present state isn’t our final state.
We all have vital roles to play for a new Nigeria to emerge. Never should we blame the Leadership of our nation. If positions were equivalent to being responsible, then the most highly placed in the society are the most responsible. But this is not always so. The most highly placed who ain't responsible to his family of 4, how do you expect such to be responsible to his community let alone his nation?
Being responsible is the undying zest to right the wrong, the desire to replace evil deeds with good, the capability to alter the status quo and the ability to have a listening hear, which listens to the heartbeat of the people.
We become responsible when we begin to see the leader we are truly meant to be. The leader we have become isn’t position freak neither is he politically hungry.
In conclusion, I will want us to celebrate the man Nigeria is today, as Nigeria is progressively tending towards what she had always been called; the giant of Africa.
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE TO NIGERIA AND HAPPY NEW MONTH TO YOU ALL!
#BEINSPIRED
Copyright © 2016 ABAIRE OLAWALE
/p6Ga6b-1B

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dolapo Badmus, Yomi Shogunle Reprimanded & Demoted - Ayoo Akanji / Metuh Issues First Statement Since His Release From Prison / Nnewi North TC Chairman Suspended Over Wife's "Murder" (Graphic Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.