Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) (39962 Views)

Fayose's Presidential Declaration Address/Speech (Full Text & Photos) / Goodluck Jonathan's 56th Independence Message / Buhari's 2016 Democracy Day Speech (Full Text, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by rabex123(m): 12:31pm On Oct 01, 2016
AntiIPOOP:
Baba abeg this speech only is enough for independence celebration, the ineffectual Buffoon spent billions during his era to celebrate independence day. Baba don't end up like that man oo

Master of Flat-heads.
You took that out of my mouth ...he spent millions to celebrate independence..

1 Like

Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by duro4chang(m): 12:51pm On Oct 01, 2016
Happy Birhday Nigeria
Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by jaafree: 12:56pm On Oct 01, 2016
khalidx:

http://www.channelstv.com/2016/10/01/full-text-president-buharis-independence-day-speech-2/
. And with all these some people want pdp to rule again! After we all know what mr president said here is not a scam or a lie. God bless nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by Dannychukz(m): 12:56pm On Oct 01, 2016
DesChyko:
Sir, it is clear that you ran for office four times and failed. It is also clear that some Nigerians saw something in you that hadn't been there the past years they rejected you. But it is also clear that your ascension to the helm was not devoid of illegal and dishonest practices at the polls. Spare us the sanctimonious card. Not everybody is into the utterances of your mouth. Scratch No. 4.

Sir, Boko Haram had been defeated technically on many occasions. Boko Haram was defeated as early as March 2015 because elections held in those states contrary to your party claims. These talks of soft targets fool no one. They had always been killing innocent citizens except you have an unpopular knowledge of their modus operandi. If your government believes the leaders from the SS are well aware of NDA's design, do not forget that you and BH share roots. Scratch No. 9.

Sir, Miitancy had always been a problem shut out by previous administrations. It just reinforced their attacks, and only the administration can explain how they let their scourge run wild. The control had always been from the helm. And Sir, at this point, you cannot chose not to let them hold the country to hostage. That is done, dusted and confirmed by your Vice. Now, you can take steps to ensure it doesn't continue. The country's condition is a proof that we're in hostage. Scratch No. 13

Sir, I see you're trying to talk logic with the militants. That is a new definition of wisdom I've not seen before, decorating logic on angry fellows. Did they see the benefit of light and still destroyed it? Did they get what was accrued to them from State/L.G. level and still tamper with the source? It's popular knowledge that all the revenue ends up at Abuja. You have said and done nothing on True Federalism. Yet you preach the message. That is illogical. Go back to the drawing board. Scratch 14.

Sir, the top dogs of the party whose umbrella you now fly mobilized and confused the masses to reject the removal of the subsidy in 2012, only for them to successfully rewind us back by four years recently. Also, a good number of your henchmen were involved in depleting the ECA despite wise counsel from Okonjo Iweala. So Sir, if you must wail, wail onto the folks you dine with. Scratch 21

Perhaps, it appears without plagiarism, no much sense can be made. Let me save my eyes for the next speech come October 1, 2017.
You just said it all...kudos
Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by Bankoleyemi: 1:05pm On Oct 01, 2016
N0:48 says it all. We are not independent if all we wait is for investors and developers to come and do it. Yes, you are accorded nice hospitalites outside the country because you give them oil in exchange for their development and services, how wont they want to treat you well? Baba, we have heard all these words morethan 365 times in one day and in days. Start doing something fast, there is no time to waste. Ojo nro oni masqurade says the place he is going cannot be dictated by the rain. These rain you are complaining now were there when you promised us $1 for N1, one litre of fuel at N45. Which one of these is attainable?
Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by opribo(m): 1:27pm On Oct 01, 2016
I SMELL LIES UPON LIES.

This is routine anyway
Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by Wadeoye(m): 1:32pm On Oct 01, 2016
jayzblogng:
the Enugu onitsha express way is being rehabilitated ,no regrets voting for who i did.

Nobody can deny the fact that work has commenced on those roads mentioned.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by moshould(m): 1:38pm On Oct 01, 2016
i hope this speech is not copied again? before somebody will come and claim ownership of it...
Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by iLiquidator: 1:58pm On Oct 01, 2016
TPAND:
Counting how many Independence Day speeches I have to hear from this flunk of a president. A clueless dullard.

Just 2more,

Oct 2017
Oct 2018
you'll hear from him in
oct 2019
Oct 2020
oct 2021
Oct 2022

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by awa(m): 1:59pm On Oct 01, 2016
Too long too little impact.
Save us the sermon, action speaks louder than words.

Hahahha... Foreign Investors falling over themselves just to invest in Nigeria.

Honestly your Speech writers are funny in fact, plus including you Sir.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by Thunderfirethem: 2:00pm On Oct 01, 2016
Senior, no need for spch we ve had enough of dis spches since Octoba 1 1960 not a thing has ever changed till date. With empty stomach, I find it extremely difficult to watch/listen to ur speech.
Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 01, 2016
liar mohammed speech
Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by TPAND(f): 2:03pm On Oct 01, 2016
iLiquidator:

you'll hear from him in
oct 2019
Oct 2020
oct 2021
Oct 2022

You can wish this curse upon yourself not upon us. A man who is frail and a flunk, developmentally challenged still be our leader by 2019. If your are a youth and you typed that, you should be ashamed of yourself
Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by hommespecia: 2:03pm On Oct 01, 2016
#Nigeriawillbegreat

1 Like

Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by benzems(m): 2:19pm On Oct 01, 2016
We don't need speech
we need rice

Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by micahgold(m): 2:22pm On Oct 01, 2016
Which of these ur planned projects are going on in Bayelsa and Delta ?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by oluwalewis(m): 2:42pm On Oct 01, 2016
This speech lacks inspiration, encouragement bt has d motto of dis govt- LAMENTATION

1 Like

Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by Phonon: 2:43pm On Oct 01, 2016
Wow!Such bitterness could kill you. I'm not sure what I've written that is making you frustrated. I'd pray for you.

Wadeoye:

If lazy brats like you continue to depend on imported rice for survival.

If they don't work hard and farm in other countries, would you have died of hunger?

Go to farm and work instead of looking for cheap money - and sitting in your room shouting dollar dollar.
Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 01, 2016
Smoke screen as usual, same routine speech... this Buhari is a failed project!

1 Like

Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 01, 2016
jayzblogng:
the Enugu onitsha express way is being rehabilitated ,no regrets voting for who i did.
when did the rehabilitation begin? I heard Arab contractors would begin again on the enugu-ph road aba section but I didn't read anything on work going on at Enugu Onitsha road.
Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by Consula: 3:21pm On Oct 01, 2016
Can u please state in the right order, the processes involved in the clean up. Please technical details......thank you.
barikay:
There is no clean-up going on in Ogoniland. I can provide pictures. These are all political talk to brainwash the people. Clean-up should be done on site not on the media. A country where govt deceive her people. If govt can lie to her citizens, what should the ordinary man on the street do? God have mercy on us.
Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by papiwyte(m): 3:34pm On Oct 01, 2016
Sai Baba I stand wit u till 2023 bcoz U hv gud planz 4 our dear country Nigeria dat will brighten our Economy, its jux d matter of time. The wailing song will soon change, Some of dem will soon join d CHANGE train in time to come.
God bless PMB
God bless APC
God bless NAIJA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by Billygee2u: 3:54pm On Oct 01, 2016
barikay:
There is no clean-up going on in Ogoniland. I can provide pictures. These are all political talk to brainwash the people. Clean-up should be done on site not on the media. A country where govt deceive her people. If govt can lie to her citizens, what should the ordinary man on the street do? God have mercy on us.
Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by Billygee2u: 3:54pm On Oct 01, 2016
richidinho:
Useless speech grin
Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by Mrhauxiliary(m): 4:12pm On Oct 01, 2016
God bless Nigeria

Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by Brainiacmrtolz(m): 4:24pm On Oct 01, 2016
barikay:

Have you not told a lie at some point just today?

If ordinary men on the street can stop lying to each other, it would be difficult for the government officials to do so. We are all corrupt all together but Change begins with you and I
Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by thaprofit88: 4:26pm On Oct 01, 2016
Happy Independence day to Nigeria & Nigerians. Wonderful speech from Mr President .
And for those of you whose creativity lies in insulting the president behind their devices, i pity u, as the bible says you will have whatever u say.
Nigeria will be great again, PMB is laying d foundation & since God put him there in a time like this he will succeed.
For those that want to respond to this post pls dont insult me just drop a reasonable insult free response

1 Like

Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by prossity: 5:29pm On Oct 01, 2016
Thats if he is still the president by then.
TPAND:
Counting how many Independence Day speeches I have to hear from this flunk of a president. A clueless dullard.

Just 2more,

Oct 2017
Oct 2018
Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by clickwtB(m): 5:29pm On Oct 01, 2016
GOD BLESS NIGERIA AND OUR DEAR PRESIDENT(PMB).
Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by ezigr8(m): 6:12pm On Oct 01, 2016
expecting rapid turnaround positive change
Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by Newmanluckyman(m): 6:57pm On Oct 01, 2016
... As usual, PMB deliberately omitted the fulani herdsmen that is ravaging the whole country and the agitation coming from the east. This needs to be addressed squarely like the niger delta and boko issues before it snowballed into an uncontrollable raging fire.

Again, nothing was said to address the massive BRAIN DRAIN going on across all the sectors of the country. This needs to be addressed too. Finally, from my own personal opinion, I think this speech is a mere THEORITICAL ACADEMIC EXERCISE that won't change the economic fortunes of the country. So disappointed!
Re: Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) by Yeligray(m): 8:52pm On Oct 01, 2016
Lolz. With all due respect mr.president boiz are suffering.... Dem be lyk lyf begins at 56 ;DLolz. With all due respect mr.president boiz are suffering.... Dem be lyk lyf begins at 56

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dolapo Badmus, Yomi Shogunle Reprimanded & Demoted - Ayoo Akanji / Metuh Issues First Statement Since His Release From Prison / Nnewi North TC Chairman Suspended Over Wife's "Murder" (Graphic Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.