Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,712 members, 7,809,699 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. (22238 Views)

This Is Iju Train Station, Agege, Lagos! (see PHOTOS) / Abeokuta Railway: FG Relocates Abeokuta Train Station Again / A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by Debaddest(m): 4:22pm On Oct 01, 2016
Story

Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by modsfucker: 4:26pm On Oct 01, 2016
dustmalik:
Oh, I see. We've no such problem here in Wuse.

Who wuse epp.. Even me wey dey get villa light dey see darkness most atyms
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by Pavore9: 4:28pm On Oct 01, 2016
hahn:

We are not in Kenya bro.

Things are not done properly here undecided

Even if light is to go off they inform us through the Newspaper, Radio, TV, facebook and twitter and inform the hours it will be off unless the transformer serving the neighbourhood triggers off unexpectedly and once they are informed even if it is at night they will come fix it as long as it not raining. Your not having light is seen as a loss of revenue to the power company.

1 Like

Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by AreaFada2: 4:31pm On Oct 01, 2016
cbay:
If the train is due for maintenance then allow them to fogger job. Better safe than sorry.

When the train works., It's beautiful.

As for communication, that's an age old problem with Nigeria. Sorry

Scheduled maintenance they wrote. Which means planned well ahead not emergency work.

Yet, they had no time to properly print the notice and avoid using past tense instead of past tense for "announce". shocked shocked shocked

No radio or TV announcement. Not even onsite notice yesterday. Haba! Must we always accept mediocrity?

1 Like

Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by Readonee35L(m): 4:34pm On Oct 01, 2016

Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by SycophanticGoat: 4:37pm On Oct 01, 2016
IamMissMarvel:
So I wanted to take a train ride today with my Friend and colleague to Kaduna. I first went to the station at Idu on Thursday to know how much the fare is and how to locate the station. I was told I couldn't pre order my ticket and would have to come on Saturday.

This morning, we got there just in time to meet the first train for 7am. We met many other Nigerians there who were ranting. Some came with their kids after promising a ride in the train only to find this notice on the Ticketing entrance.

Some set of people were at the train station on Friday, yesterday to make enquiries about the fare and travel time, they were not told that the trains wouldn't work today.

Two men were there yesterday to board the 2pm train for Friday but they missed it and were asked to join the first train today by 7pm, only for them to get there and find this notice.

Some of their staff even resumed work today only to find the notice. What kind of maintenance would be taking place on the 1st of October, a Saturday, a day most passengers would like to travel?

I find it rather convenient that they didn't announce it on their website or on radio. The trains only travel by 7am and 2pm, can't maintenance be carried out between this time without disruption of service? How is it that it is all the trains that need maintenance or is it the softwares, applications or systems that need maintenance?

Is it that they don't have a PR manager or Communications officer that could make this announcement at least, 24 hours earlier? Why did the maintenance come in such short notice?

How many airlines or transport companies close because of a "maintenance" ?

Trains that haven't worked in years, now it is working and Nigerians are willing to patronise it, look at how we ourselves are messing up. Do we have to privatise every sector before they will work efficiently?

I just weak for this country, another reason I don't have anything to celebrate on this Independence. Let's not forget I haven't seen light since on Monday.

Cc Lalasticlala abeg.

You won't see standing5, abi na falling5, here oh... Ordinary train wey him master doghari inherit, him no fit maintain.. If na to ask me useless questions, he go carry grade A.. undecided
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by hahn(m): 4:39pm On Oct 01, 2016
Pavore9:

Even if light is to go off they inform us through the Newspaper, Radio, TV, facebook and twitter and inform the hours it will be off unless the transformer serving the neighbourhood triggers off unexpectedly and once they are informed even if it is at night they will come fix it as long as it not raining. Your not having light is seen as a loss of revenue to the power company.

I remember when I was in Cotonou at a cyber cafe and the power went out. I said, "i thought they do not take light here" and the lady there told me that it had already been announced on the radio and they would restore power in 30 mins. Truly, everyone went out and in 30 mins the power was restored. I was like, "yekpa".

In Nigeria, there are areas with no power for more than 6 months and nepa keep bringing the bill cheesy

A friend of mine has his wire cut off because the previous tenant didn't pay up his bills. He didn't have power for a year and nepa brought bills every month grin

I hail my nation tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by Pavore9: 4:42pm On Oct 01, 2016
hahn:

I remember when I was in Cotonou at a cyber cafe and the power went out. I said, "i thought they do not take light here" and the lady there told me that it had already been announced on the radio and they would restore power in 30 mins. Truly, everyone went out and in 30 mins the power was restored. I was like, "yekpa".

In Nigeria, there are areas with no power for more than 6 months and nepa keep bringing the bill cheesy

A friend of mine has his wire cut off because the previous tenant didn't pay up his bills. He didn't have power for a year and nepa brought bills every month grin

I hail my nation tongue

Service providers in Nigeria take Nigerians for granted.
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by hahn(m): 4:47pm On Oct 01, 2016
Pavore9:

Service providers in Nigeria take Nigerians for granted.

That's all!

Private and government business treat their customers here like sh*t.

We are slaves even when we pay our own hard earned money.

It's it truly pathetic. undecided
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by bigtt76(f): 4:48pm On Oct 01, 2016
There's the urgent need to privatize the railways. How can they be carrying out maintenance from Saturday to Monday? I hate coincidence but they just went for holiday. Railways should be among the essential services.

1 Like

Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by Ukalejohn(m): 4:49pm On Oct 01, 2016
ChappyChase:
My name is Marvey,
I am 23 years old,
I have never entered a train befor,
And am a Nigerian grin grin grin grin
Happy INDEPENDENCE
So?? undecided
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by danty001: 5:08pm On Oct 01, 2016
Too bad
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by Temptee101(m): 5:13pm On Oct 01, 2016
Phiniter:
Sad. Of all days.
What's so special about today?
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by ChappyChase: 5:32pm On Oct 01, 2016
Ukalejohn:

So?? undecided
The joke dey over your head mate undecided
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by loomer: 5:34pm On Oct 01, 2016
Make someone help dem do app na
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by uzoexcel(m): 5:49pm On Oct 01, 2016
IamMissMarvel:

Airport road o. And other people have light. No one is saying what the issue is.
Have u gone to PHCNs office to complain?
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 01, 2016
uzoexcel:

Have u gone to PHCNs office to complpain?

I haven't o.
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by uzoexcel(m): 6:23pm On Oct 01, 2016
IamMissMarvel:

I haven't o.
cos there's been light in our part of airport road
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by MAK211(m): 7:16pm On Oct 01, 2016
IamMissMarvel:
So I wanted to take a train ride today with my Friend and colleague to Kaduna. I first went to the station at Idu on Thursday to know how much the fare is and how to locate the station. I was told I couldn't pre order my ticket and would have to come on Saturday.

This morning, we got there just in time to meet the first train for 7am. We met many other Nigerians there who were ranting. Some came with their kids after promising a ride in the train only to find this notice on the Ticketing entrance.

Some set of people were at the train station on Friday, yesterday to make enquiries about the fare and travel time, they were not told that the trains wouldn't work today.

Two men were there yesterday to board the 2pm train for Friday but they missed it and were asked to join the first train today by 7pm, only for them to get there and find this notice.

Some of their staff even resumed work today only to find the notice. What kind of maintenance would be taking place on the 1st of October, a Saturday, a day most passengers would like to travel?

I find it rather convenient that they didn't announce it on their website or on radio. The trains only travel by 7am and 2pm, can't maintenance be carried out between this time without disruption of service? How is it that it is all the trains that need maintenance or is it the softwares, applications or systems that need maintenance?

Is it that they don't have a PR manager or Communications officer that could make this announcement at least, 24 hours earlier? Why did the maintenance come in such short notice?

How many airlines or transport companies close because of a "maintenance" ?

Trains that haven't worked in years, now it is working and Nigerians are willing to patronise it, look at how we ourselves are messing up. Do we have to privatise every sector before they will work efficiently?

I just weak for this country, another reason I don't have anything to celebrate on this Independence. Let's not forget I haven't seen light since on Monday.

Cc Lalasticlala abeg.
e b lik say na wit anger u dey type dis oo
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 01, 2016
MAK211:
e b lik say na wit anger u dey type dis oo

Yes now.
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by MAK211(m): 7:34pm On Oct 01, 2016
IamMissMarvel:

Yes now.
eya sowi
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by MAK211(m): 7:35pm On Oct 01, 2016
IamMissMarvel:

Yes now.
eya sowi
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by micfoley: 8:05pm On Oct 01, 2016
Vickiweezy:
Nigerians! Nigerians!! Nigerians!!!
Una too like talk & wahala.
If the train work, una go talk say the ride dey no go well or dey messed up due to bad management,etc...
if accident sup, una go talk say poor maintenace or juju dey involved...
now wey dem no gree work due to say dem dey conduct maintenance...
una dey complain.
Nawa ooo!! I tire for una ooo!!!

Peeps are not against maintenance
. They should have announced it beforehand. If u know Abuja, u will know that Idu is a somewhat remote place. To manage to find your way there only to see this notice is not funny at all hence I can understand the OPs feelings
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by dfrost: 8:06pm On Oct 01, 2016
Alexander001:
Some people can be very annoying sha
How will you borrow somebody's cloth and then
goes ahead to slim fit it?

cheesy angryAlexander001 please and please don't kill me with laughter. Kai. Who does that?
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by dfrost: 8:16pm On Oct 01, 2016
IamMissMarvel:

Yes now.

Hola señora IamMissMarvel. Como es ta?

Sorry for your troubles.
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by geraob1: 8:18pm On Oct 01, 2016
Alexander001:
Some people can be very annoying sha
How will you borrow somebody's cloth and then
goes ahead to slim fit it?

hahahahahaaha
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by geraob1: 8:25pm On Oct 01, 2016
I want to ask, how many hrs does it take from Abj to Kaduna using train.
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by ChynoBEATS: 8:52pm On Oct 01, 2016
IamMissMarvel:

The train is 600 naira for the normal coach, 900 naira for first class. I don't know the duration.
600 gini??
Nne 4rm whr to whr .....
Bia .. 4rm lagos to umuahia kwanu ?? Biko tell me osiso .. Lehme knw.. Maybe the whole family wiLl enter train this december cheesy ...
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by DisGuy: 9:12pm On Oct 01, 2016
geraob1:
I want to ask, how many hrs does it take from Abj to Kaduna using train.
about 1.45mins- less than 2 hours
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 01, 2016
ChynoBEATS:

600 gini??
Nne 4rm whr to whr .....
Bia .. 4rm lagos to umuahia kwanu ?? Biko tell me osiso .. Lehme knw.. Maybe the whole family wiLl enter train this december cheesy ...

Na from Abuja to Kaduna o.
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 01, 2016
dfrost:

Hola señora IamMissMarvel. Como es ta?

Sorry for your troubles.

Gracias señor. Como es tú española estudia?
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by ChynoBEATS: 9:59pm On Oct 01, 2016
IamMissMarvel:

Na from Abuja to Kaduna o.
I thought as much ...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

London Is Not The Paradise I Expected / Policeman Caused Death Of My Brother In Accident In Warri - Man Cries Out (Pics) / Mob Attacks Nigerian In Hyderabad India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.