Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,788 members, 7,831,545 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? (7018 Views)

Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? / 'Laughing' Church Banner In Calabar By Believers' Right Ministry (Photo) / Healing And Deliverance For Believers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by hopefulLandlord: 8:02am On Oct 02, 2016
4everGod1:
@ the OP I will speak using my personal life. I Once believed sickness was for everyone until I saw where the Bible said that if the spirit of God dwells in me He will give life to my mortal body and I took that scripture and applied it to my life 21yrs ago and till date I have NEVER been sick or visited any hospital for check up. I never suffer from any sickness even if there is an epidemic of it....I walk free.
Sickness is an infirmity and infirmities are not of God but life, strenght and peace are. If any man be in Christ old things are passed away...Behold ALL THINGS are become new.

2 Likes

Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by ayodeleamg(m): 8:03am On Oct 02, 2016
thesicilian:

This is what I believe and what I live.
I do not believe that God will make me sick just to prove a point or glorify himself, even if some people may be able to find 'examples' from the Bible. Every good and perfect gift (including health) comes from the Lord and every sickness from the Evil One. Again this is what I believe and what I live by.
Have you ever reasoned that nothing happens to anyone without the permission from God ?
If not, it means God's control over His creation is limited
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by Fingerprinter(m): 8:07am On Oct 02, 2016
QuietHammer:
How can someone claim not to have been sick for 21years ?

My brother! If I tell u say i no tire for the guy eh, na lie. All in a bid to consolidate his useless belief. grin grin grin
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by freakthingz(m): 8:07am On Oct 02, 2016
aaccountable1:

not everybody gets sick. of course I'm not expecting u to believe it! but its true.

1Pe 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Its possible some people dont get sick but nobody die from healthiness eventually the body becomes "infirm"

I'm a christian but right now i'm at an impasse it seems so self righteous to thank god for your own good health then say the suffering of a 1 yr old baby is a test of the parents faith

I'd rather just believe bad things happen to everybody some people are lucky some are not
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by power900: 8:08am On Oct 02, 2016
and why do pastors go to hospitals when they are sick but expect you to come to them when you are sick?
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by Barigaboy(m): 8:11am On Oct 02, 2016
Well, u have typed something reasonable. I will like to add mine. Well I feel God is not partial. If we say God is using sickness to draw some people it might be like God is selective. And nobody is above sickness. Either d believer or unbeliever even animals falls sick. Causes of sickness might be tru unpleasant things we see, eat n bites from other animals with venom. God loves and want everybody. If sickness bring u close to God gud, if accident bring u close to God gud, if dreams brings u close to God gud n if u just decide to follow God without any of this great. Some people wen they r sick or broke they remember God once d problem is solved they go back into d world. Some people even preach n they don't follow d word. They r just doing it to please d church by getting more members. So God is free with every1 do what u like. The end time is here. God as giving us all we need. I no some people will say no but do u have eyes, nose, mouth, legs, hands, u can eat, talk n your 2 kidneys r still functioning.
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by ayodeleamg(m): 8:12am On Oct 02, 2016
4everGod1:
@ the OP I will speak using my personal life. I Once believed sickness was for everyone until I saw where the Bible said that if the spirit of God dwells in me He will give life to my mortal body and I took that scripture and applied it to my life 21yrs ago and till date I have NEVER been sick or visited any hospital for check up. I never suffer from any sickness even if there is an epidemic of it....I walk free.

Sickness is an infirmity and infirmities are not of God but life, strenght and peace are. If any man be in Christ old things are passed away...Behold ALL THINGS are become new.
And I guess you still remain the way you were 20 years ago. No scratches , no aches of any form.
Abeg next topic joor
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by trapQ: 8:18am On Oct 02, 2016
Before last week, I hadn't been sick in 12 years. No malaria, no fever, nothing... And because of that I eat absolutely anything. So last week, I ate something that upset my stomach and began stooling and vomiting. And after a few hours, it stopped.

So yeah...people can live without being sick for 21 years.
QuietHammer:
How can someone claim not to have been sick for 21years ?

1 Like

Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by trapQ: 8:24am On Oct 02, 2016
You are ignorant. The greatest non religious writers have emphasized on faith more than anything else.

Now you don't have the faintest idea what "the will of God" is about. That God permits or allows things happen doesn't make those things His will.

So you're blaming God for making people starve to death? Did God make African leaders corrupt and inhumane that they can't cater to their citizens?
Akshow:
Tell me with a straight face that this is the will of God.
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by Akshow: 8:31am On Oct 02, 2016
trapQ:
You are ignorant. The greatest non religious writers have emphasized on faith more than anything else.

Now you don't have the faintest idea what "the will of God" is about. That God permits or allows things happen doesn't make those things His will.

So you're blaming God for making people starve to death? Did God make African leaders corrupt and inhumane that they can't cater to their citizens?
faith is Nothing but glorification of ignorance. Forget African leaders. Tell me it is the will of God that a child should have cancer and other terminal diseases and I will call u and your God psychotic heartless men. Tell me it is the will of God for children to be born with deformity. Tell me of what use is the God if he can't stop toddlers and children from being molested while he seats and watch on.
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by Akshow: 8:35am On Oct 02, 2016
undecided
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by Akshow: 8:37am On Oct 02, 2016
4everGod1:

it cos you practice healthy living. Open ur self to extreme cold and let's see if you won't suffer from pneumonia or hypothermia. Drink contaminated water and see if you don't wind up with typhoid. Sleep in a mosquito infested room for a month let's see if malaria won't catch you. Moral of the post. There is nothing supernatural in not getting sick. Stop ascribing every good thing to God. Give ursef some credit
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by mrZENographer: 8:41am On Oct 02, 2016
God heals all kinds of sicknesses in THE LORDS CHOSEN CHARISMATIC REVIVAL MINISTRY @Ijesha Bustop.

No matter the sickness that defile any cure.
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by afanide: 8:49am On Oct 02, 2016
No! It's not.
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by mustaphagreens(m): 8:49am On Oct 02, 2016
Little minds and their puny gods.
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by mabea: 9:00am On Oct 02, 2016
[quote author=hopefulLandlord post=49844088][/quote]what's even wrong with this guy.
If you don't believe there's God and another person does,why not allow that person to be.

If you want to go to hell must you drag another person with you?
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by hopefulLandlord: 9:12am On Oct 02, 2016
mabea:
what's even wrong with this guy.
If you don't believe there's God and another person does,why not allow that person to be.
If you want to go to hell must you drag another person with you?

Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by IBEXY(m): 9:13am On Oct 02, 2016
I fear for the people who believe in a God that inflicts suffering on people in order to prove his will. That is honestly bonkers. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by Shafiiimran99: 9:15am On Oct 02, 2016
As regards what you say about original sin, this matter needs to be approached from several angles. Firstly: The Islamic belief concerning human sin is: the individual bears the responsibility for his own sin; no one else should bear this burden for him, nor should he bear the burden for anyone else. Allah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And no bearer of burdens shall bear another’s burden…” [Faatir 35:18] . This refutes the idea of original sin. If the father commits a sin, what fault is that of his children and grandchildren? Why should they bear the burden of a sin that someone else committed? The Christian belief that the descendents should bear the sin of their father is the essence of injustice. How can any sane person say that the sin should be carried down the centuries by all of humanity, or that the children, grandchildren and subsequent descendants should be tainted because of their father’s sin? Secondly, making mistakes is a part of human nature. Our Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Every son of Aadam is bound to commit sins…” (reported by al- Tirmidhi, 2423), but Allaah has not left man unable to do anything about the mistakes that he makes. He gives man the opportunity to repent, and so the hadeeth (words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) quoted above concludes: “…and the best of those who commit sins are those who repent.” The mercy of Allaah is clear in the teachings of Islam, as Allaah calls His servants (interpretation of the meaning): “Say, ‘O My servants who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allaah, verily Allaah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” [al-Zumar 39:53] This is human nature, and this is the solution to the problem of sin. But to make this human nature, which is bound to make mistakes, a barrier between the servant and his Lord which will prevent him from ever earning the pleasure of God, and to say that the only way to reach God is through His sending His (so-called) son down to earth to be humiliated and crucified while his father looks on, so that mankind could be forgiven, is an extremely odd idea. Just describing it sounds so unlikely that there is no longer any need to refute it in detail. Once, when discussing this issue with a Christian, I said, “If you say that God sent down His son to be crucified to atone for the sins of the people alive at his time and afterwards, what about those who had come before and died as sinners before the time of Christ, and had no opportunity to know about him and believe in the Crucifixion so that their sins might be forgiven?” All he could say was: “No doubt our priests have an answer to that!” Even if they do have an answer, it is bound to be concocted. There is no real answer. If you really examine the Christian teaching on human sin with an open mind, you will see that they say that God sacrificed His only son to atone for the sins of mankind, and that this son was a god. If it was true that he was a god who was beaten, insulted and crucified, and died, then this doctrine contains elements of blasphemy because it accuses God of weakness and helplessness. Is God really incapable of forgiving the sins of all His servants with just one word? If He is Able to do all things (and the Christians do not dispute this fact), then why would He need to sacrifice His son in order to achieve the same thing? (Glorified and exalted be He far above what the wrongdoers say about Him!) “He is the Originator of the heavens and the earth. How can He have children when He has no wife? He created all things and He is the All- Knower of everything.” [al-An’aam 6:101 – interpretation of the meaning]
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by QuietHammer(m): 9:26am On Oct 02, 2016
trapQ:
Before last week, I hadn't been sick in 12 years. No malaria, no fever, nothing... And because of that I eat absolutely anything. So last week, I ate something that upset my stomach and began stooling and vomiting. And after a few hours, it stopped.

So yeah...people can live without being sick for 21 years.
Not even headache?
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by onwuakpachris(m): 9:59am On Oct 02, 2016
Christians very confused set of human beings...they say..God is d giver nd taker of life....but when sum1 dies..den it s d devil...God gives life and d devil brings death..now ma quest s..wat kind of arrangement or agreement s dat 1...God created a good world..but d devil made d world so evil..more evil dan good...nd of cus they will always tell u DAT..it was not God's plan 4 d world 2 b so evil..DAT he ad created d world 2 b so good cus of cus he's good..but dat d devil again wit man ds time made d world so evil...naw again ma quest s..how can God..wit all his omniscient nd omnipresent powers wouldn't av known or seen into d future dat d devil nd man would make d world so evil..how can d devil nd man evn succeed in making d world so evil against God's plan 4 a good world..r u telling me dat dey r naw more powerful dan God 2 av thwarted his will..mtcheew..hu's evn deceiving hu
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by IBEXY(m): 11:29am On Oct 02, 2016
There are many contradictions in what people profess as Christianity:

a) God is merciful and just?
Yet people are born with debilitating diseases and its supposed to proof the unfathomable mind of the almighty. Is that not egocentric? Help me justify why an innocent child is born with cancer or blind. I already hear people quoting the bible: "Sins of the father shall be visited ...".

Shut up jare!

That same bible says every man shall answer for his own sins. So why should the sins of the father affect people up to the third generation? Why should a child be born without legs because of what his granny did in 1969?

b) God is forgiving
Yet we are still being punished for a sin committed by a naked and naive husband and wife millenniums ago in a lost garden. For how many generations will God continue to punish us for what Adam and Eve did? Has he not had enough fun yet watching us kill each other?

c) The story of Sodom and Gomorrah would have been a war crime today.
Or should we mention Jericho or other places where Gods Generals slaughtered children, women or even cattle.

d) If God loved us so much, why did he banish Lucifer to down here.
He then sat watching us battling with a being "who was there from the beginning of time". Did he equip us to cope with a supernatural being? Is he having a laugh? Is this some games to him? He compelled us to "Survive if you can". You are condemned to eternal fire if you dont.

e) God created humans with natural cravings for sex, food etc.
Yet the holy doctrine says its sin to have those feelings. How can we live in denial of the very things that make us humans? If sex is bad, why did he create it? Its like putting sugar in my mouth and telling me not to swallow. That is a messed up game.

f) The concept of Hell
How can you punish a person for eternity. Even murderers are allowed to leave prison given the right circumstances. That is not so for God. Once you are in hell, you are done for. No further communication with mama or papa. Not even a drop of water to quench your thirst.Yest God is portrayed to be a synonym of mercy and love.

g) Is heaven really a place to be:
According to scripture you spend all day long singing Hosanna and praises to God. Dressed in white robes. Is this not the most boring thing? Again why does God need people to constantly sing praises to him? Its that egocentric thing again.

h) Does he even care for people who love him:
I have seen many people shout for God's help and received a loud silence in response? They went on to suffer. In the end they rationalize it to be the will of God. Can you imagine what happens if you play with a lion's baby? The lioness will tear you to pieces. All it takes is one cry from the baby lion. With all the hosanna and praises, people still die with the name of God on their lips.

i) It took a death to appease God
As claimed by the scripture, God is so angry with us that his own son had to undergo a cruel death to calm him down. That is messed up if you ask me. Even after that, God still did not forgive 100%. There are conditions attached to receiving amnesty.

React only if you have something convincing to say.

2 Likes

Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by Reference(m): 11:52am On Oct 02, 2016
How can that be. What is the benefit to Him. Think about that. If you have children, what benefit do you get watching them fall sick or causing it, nothing.
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by DoctorAlien(m): 12:00pm On Oct 02, 2016
"Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth." 3 Jn. 1:2

1 Like

Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by trapQ: 12:27pm On Oct 02, 2016
I do have headaches and several things could cause headaches including pain and excess light to the eyes.
QuietHammer:

Not even headache?
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by trapQ: 12:37pm On Oct 02, 2016
I'm sorry but you're still being ignorant. Most successful people who are not Christians still attribute their success to faith. One of the biggest selling authors of all time Napolean talked extensively on faith and how it helps shape your destiny.

Its not God's will that children die just like its not God's will for you to break a girl's heart but you'd do it anyway. We live in a world of cause and effect. Its physics. Action and reaction are equal but opposite. Whatever you do has a consequence ; positive or negative. Everything has a cause and blaming God for it doesn't change nothing.

Its like blaming God for global warming when our actions caused it.
Akshow:
faith is Nothing but glorification of ignorance. Forget African leaders. Tell me it is the will of God that a child should have cancer and other terminal diseases and I will call u and your God psychotic heartless men. Tell me it is the will of God for children to be born with deformity. Tell me of what use is the God if he can't stop toddlers and children from being molested while he seats and watch on.
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by IBEXY(m): 12:41pm On Oct 02, 2016
Most religious beliefs is man trying to rationalize the unknown and lay blame on someone else as we all do in situations of helplessness.
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by Weah96: 1:16pm On Oct 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:
"Beloved, I [size=18pt]wish[/size] above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth." 3 Jn. 1:2

Personal wishes are different from real life. I wish that you could take your time and read the verse carefully. But we both know that's not going to happen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by DoctorAlien(m): 1:23pm On Oct 02, 2016
Weah96:

Personal wishes are different from real life. I wish that you could take your time and read the verse carefully. But we both know that's not going to happen.

At least it is clear that GOD's will is for us to be in good health and not sickness. Thus, the OP is addressed.

As to why we fall sick: "We know that we are from GOD, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one." 1 Jn. 5:19.
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by Jacko1(m): 1:33pm On Oct 02, 2016
Questioners

Keep questioning.... If una stop ehn
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by QuietHammer(m): 1:38pm On Oct 02, 2016
trapQ:
I do have headaches and several things could cause headaches including pain and excess light to the eyes.
Is that not sickness?
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by Weah96: 2:02pm On Oct 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:

At least it is clear that GOD's will is for us to be in good health and not sickness. Thus, the OP is addressed.

I'm not a Christian, but what makes you say that the bible god's will can be contravened? There is clearly sickness in the world as we speak?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are Black Africans The Descendants Of Ham? / NIL / 4 Types Of Sins That Prove That There Are Big Sins And Little Sins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.