Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,948 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

John Okafor: "My Son Died From LUTH's Carelessness" - Actor Mr Ibu Recounts - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / John Okafor: "My Son Died From LUTH's Carelessness" - Actor Mr Ibu Recounts (44218 Views)

John Okafor 'Mr Ibu' And Wife Stella Maris Celebrate 3rd Wedding Anniversary / Armed Robbers Invade John Okafor’s House, Steal N14.3 Million Cash & Properties / Biafra: Pete Edochie, John Okafor "Mr IBU", Nkem Owoh Speak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Okafor: "My Son Died From LUTH's Carelessness" - Actor Mr Ibu Recounts by chydii(f): 11:05am On Oct 04, 2016
*they didn't let him go outside the hospital to treat his kid.

*there was no fuel in the stand by generator and when he offered to buy, the damn idiot on charge of the generator wasn't around.

* he was told to write a letter to the hospital management (what bullshit)

*his kid dies and a stupid doctor from nowhere told him (someone who JUST lost his kid) to give up the body to teach his student.

As much as it pains me for what this man went through, it pains me more that he did not SUE the hell out of them. That lawyer did not advice him well. Something like this, after bringing an action in civil suit against the hospital, then you can bring an action in criminal suit against the staffs individually.

This won't bring back his son but it sure as hell won't let the hospital off the hook either.

1 Like

Re: John Okafor: "My Son Died From LUTH's Carelessness" - Actor Mr Ibu Recounts by Chinom(m): 11:07am On Oct 04, 2016
Ibu, my main man. Sue the mofos. I dey your back. They couldn't even get ordinary fuel to run the gen. LUTH of all places.
Re: John Okafor: "My Son Died From LUTH's Carelessness" - Actor Mr Ibu Recounts by Snapchat: 11:12am On Oct 04, 2016
armadeo:

I see you are beyond redemption. I really don't give an F how much you make every second after all its for you. Broke peeps are the ones who make the most mouth. Empty vessel.

He gave a no holds barred interview Abi? The one in 2012 he held the bar's Abi?

Many of you guys lack intellect.

Rubbish.

Ignored from now.

People like you will not cease to amaze me

1 Like

Re: John Okafor: "My Son Died From LUTH's Carelessness" - Actor Mr Ibu Recounts by Ade3000yrs(m): 11:12am On Oct 04, 2016
Nigerians??
Re: John Okafor: "My Son Died From LUTH's Carelessness" - Actor Mr Ibu Recounts by Ranchhoddas: 11:14am On Oct 04, 2016
He had a really stupid lawyer.

2 Likes

Re: John Okafor: "My Son Died From LUTH's Carelessness" - Actor Mr Ibu Recounts by jamace(m): 11:17am On Oct 04, 2016
Hmm. Nigeria and leadership problems everywhere.

The situation is not just a sad one, its painful, considering all the academic and professional qualifications held by our leaders at all levels. angry cry
Re: John Okafor: "My Son Died From LUTH's Carelessness" - Actor Mr Ibu Recounts by Btruth: 11:21am On Oct 04, 2016
Flawlessangel:

dude shut up!! Is it wrong if he wants to promote his blog by all means? Why e dey pain you?

Am sure there are alot of people reading this for the first time.

Stop being a badbelle
Yes. Like myself. I'm reading this for the first time.

....anyway, lessons learned was, don't wait for any treat from teaching hospital to be followed at the detriment of your health. I wouldn't wait for so long before moving my son for a proper scan even a better hospital than taking chances with Federal or States hospitals.

Sorry Mr. Ibu.
Re: John Okafor: "My Son Died From LUTH's Carelessness" - Actor Mr Ibu Recounts by willibounce1(m): 11:23am On Oct 04, 2016
That luth is more like a cemetery... they have killed more people than they have healed. Very wicked and careless set of people.. you won't understand except if you have experienced their madness.

They'll collect so.much money and waste all your time till the sick person is dead. It's as if they do it intentionally.

6 Likes

Re: John Okafor: "My Son Died From LUTH's Carelessness" - Actor Mr Ibu Recounts by basadenet: 11:32am On Oct 04, 2016
If the story is true then he can still go ahead and sue the hospital.
Re: John Okafor: "My Son Died From LUTH's Carelessness" - Actor Mr Ibu Recounts by anonimi: 11:36am On Oct 04, 2016
DandyWalker:
As much as I sympathise with mr okafor, no doctor would approach you to tell you they want to use the body of your child to teach medical students. All he asked was to perform an autopsy which is a hospital regulation depending on the circumstances surrounding the death.
The problem is that the public would swallow this hook, line and sinker and begin to insult doctors for this. it is well.

Thanks so much for your explanation, which many will still ignore in their educated illiteracy laced with UNFOUNDED superstitious beliefs.
Until WE make the needed SACRIFICES of taxing ourselves to massively address the widespread IGNORANCE in our midst we cannot make real progress.
None!

[img]http://www2.ed.gov/nclb/overview/intro/presentation/Slide1.jpg[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160987_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: John Okafor: "My Son Died From LUTH's Carelessness" - Actor Mr Ibu Recounts by Chrisx1x(m): 11:38am On Oct 04, 2016
DandyWalker:
As much as I sympathise with mr okafor, no doctor would approach you to tell you they want to use the body of your child to teach medical students. All he asked was to perform an autopsy which is a hospital regulation depending on the circumstances surrounding the death.
The problem is that the public would swallow this hook, line and sinker and begin to insult doctors for this. it is well.
he could be saying the truth bro.autopsy is usually conducted when the cause of death of a person is unknown.if you read what the op posted,you would see that the cause was stated there so autopsy was out of question.

3 Likes

Re: John Okafor: "My Son Died From LUTH's Carelessness" - Actor Mr Ibu Recounts by anonimi: 11:40am On Oct 04, 2016
chydii:
*they didn't let him go outside the hospital to treat his kid.

*there was no fuel in the stand by generator and when he offered to buy, the damn idiot on charge of the generator wasn't around.

* he was told to write a letter to the hospital management (what bullshit)

*his kid dies and a stupid doctor from nowhere told him (someone who JUST lost his kid) to give up the body to teach his student.

As much as it pains me for what this man went through, i[b]t pains me more that he did not SUE the hell out of them. That lawyer did not advice him well. Something like this, after bringing an action in civil suit against the hospital,[/b] then you can bring an action in criminal suit against the staffs individually.

This won't bring back his son but it sure as hell won't let the hospital off the hook either.

He did not sue because he is a typical black man who is:

a) Stupid.
b) Superstitious/religious

c) Both

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/xcmcijgjsmiapwfcbpw68i109xv5ntnc1351429[/img]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: John Okafor: "My Son Died From LUTH's Carelessness" - Actor Mr Ibu Recounts by anonimi: 11:42am On Oct 04, 2016
Chrisx1x:
he could be saying the truth bro.autopsy is usually conducted when the cause of death of a person is unknown.if you read what the op posted,you would see that the cause was stated there so autopsy was out of question.

Please sir, how do you know, with CERTAINTY, the cause of death without an autopsy
I hope that you don't mind educating us on this.
Thanks.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3043814_facebook20151105005801_jpeg1027baba4e35e791f3661e85d47d5487

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: John Okafor: "My Son Died From LUTH's Carelessness" - Actor Mr Ibu Recounts by famzynet: 11:43am On Oct 04, 2016
I am a health professional but I must confess that our teaching hospitals are ill equipped and mismanaged. And the federal government have done nothing to remedy it. Most times , it is not as a result of doctors or nurses fault but lack of facilities to work with. The health workers are frustrated from poor and withholding of salaries. Four doctors I know just left this country this year for Dubai and they are appreciated there . Brain drain occurring everyday.

1 Like

Re: John Okafor: "My Son Died From LUTH's Carelessness" - Actor Mr Ibu Recounts by ephi123(f): 11:44am On Oct 04, 2016
Meanwhile ordinary ear infection, Buhari is on the next flight out of Nigeria. Shameful leaders we've got in this country.
Re: John Okafor: "My Son Died From LUTH's Carelessness" - Actor Mr Ibu Recounts by anonimi: 11:46am On Oct 04, 2016
Chinom:
Ibu, my main man. Sue the mofos. I dey your back. They couldn't even get ordinary fuel to run the gen. LUTH of all places.

Hope sey you go dey im back to also extend his suing charges and court papers to our DullardPoo tenant of Aso Rock for professional negligence

2016 Budget: Buhari to spend more on State House Clinic than on all federal teaching hospitals

More from: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/197827-2016-budget-buhari-to-spend-more-on-state-house-clinic-than-on-all-federal-teaching-hospitals.html

Drug scarcity hits Aso Rock clinic despite N3.87bn budget
August 18, 2016

More from: http://punchng.com/drug-scarcity-hits-aso-rock-clinic-despite-n3-87bn-budget/

Muhammadu Buhari under fire for seeking medical treatment in UK

More from: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/07/muhammadu-buhari-nigeria-ear-infection-medical-treatment-uk

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2855782_imaginationwallpaper10708146_jpeg8ab611433e315906637ee14df7014eeb

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: John Okafor: "My Son Died From LUTH's Carelessness" - Actor Mr Ibu Recounts by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 04, 2016
Am even facing one right now. General Hospital NPA Warri. Been here since 7:30am with my dad and am regretting why I took my elder sister's advice to bring him to public hospital.
Re: John Okafor: "My Son Died From LUTH's Carelessness" - Actor Mr Ibu Recounts by Johnsown1(m): 11:53am On Oct 04, 2016
Don't mind them ( gold diggers), such is life of government owned hospital or institutions attitude, they always complain,the other day i went to enrol for NIN i was told that they don't have light,tell me what they are doing then.
And to all these ladies,look pretty that u have been looking since u better know me now,cos if i i hammer and u fly like mosquitoes near me,i will kill u with insecticide.
Re: John Okafor: "My Son Died From LUTH's Carelessness" - Actor Mr Ibu Recounts by jaz(m): 12:11pm On Oct 04, 2016
Honestly i would have gotten the names and addresses of everyone involved and killed them and their children right in their homes one after the other
Re: John Okafor: "My Son Died From LUTH's Carelessness" - Actor Mr Ibu Recounts by teejaymiquel(m): 12:12pm On Oct 04, 2016
Shawntops:

http://punchng.com/dont-woo-women-chase-mr-ibu/
Teaching hospital were d use patient do xperiment
Re: John Okafor: "My Son Died From LUTH's Carelessness" - Actor Mr Ibu Recounts by DandyWalker(m): 12:12pm On Oct 04, 2016
Chrisx1x:
The fact that he said it was the infection of the liver does not mean the cause of them is really known. Apart from that, if a patient dies within 24hrs of admission, an autopsy must be conducted. There are other reasons why autopsy should be conducted.
More so, what does a supposed paediatrician have to do with using dead bodies to teach medical students. It's the function of the anatomy department in the university, not the teaching hospital to look for dead bodies to teach medical students. The paediatrician or any clinician does not have anything to do with dead bodies.

1 Like

Re: John Okafor: "My Son Died From LUTH's Carelessness" - Actor Mr Ibu Recounts by Chrisx1x(m): 12:14pm On Oct 04, 2016
anonimi:

Please sir, how do you know, with CERTAINTY, the cause of death without an autopsy
I hope that you don't mind educating us on this.
Thanks.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3043814_facebook20151105005801_jpeg1027baba4e35e791f3661e85d47d5487
read the post again.his son was said to have been diagnosed of " inflammation of the liver" .was there any need to do autopsy at his death when the cause was already known?also, if an autopsy is to be done,it has to be on the request of the decease's family and not the doctor.

3 Likes

Re: John Okafor: "My Son Died From LUTH's Carelessness" - Actor Mr Ibu Recounts by Tunababa8v(m): 12:15pm On Oct 04, 2016
DandyWalker:
I don't know if you are a doctor or not but you can only vouch for yourself.. My mum and I have been there.. At Luth exactly.. I wont want to go into details but we both saw hell and I really take to Ibru's side on this.. Most Luth doctors and nurses are inhumane
Re: John Okafor: "My Son Died From LUTH's Carelessness" - Actor Mr Ibu Recounts by Kaybaba5(m): 12:19pm On Oct 04, 2016
My sincere sympathy goes to Mr ibu and his family...
Re: John Okafor: "My Son Died From LUTH's Carelessness" - Actor Mr Ibu Recounts by anonimi: 12:19pm On Oct 04, 2016
Chrisx1x:
read the post again.his son was said to have been diagnosed of " inflammation of the liver" .was there any need to do autopsy at his death when the cause was already known?also, if an autopsy is to be done,it has to be on the request of the decease's family and not the doctor.

I liked your post because you replied politely and with SOME elements to justify reasonably your position.
However, an autopsy could still be NECESSARY to understand better the diagnosis and identify underlying issues, including HEREDITARY that may help the family of Mr. Ibu PREVENT such untimely deaths in future.
I hope you understand even though you may not agree with the necessity for various reasons.
Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: John Okafor: "My Son Died From LUTH's Carelessness" - Actor Mr Ibu Recounts by Chrisx1x(m): 12:33pm On Oct 04, 2016
anonimi:

I liked your post because you replied politely and with SOME elements to justify reasonably your position.
However, an autopsy could still be NECESSARY to understand better the diagnosis and identify underlying issues, including HEREDITARY that may help the family of Mr. Ibu PREVENT such untimely deaths in future.
I hope you understand even though you may not agree with the necessity for various reasons.
Cheers.
ok now i see you point.i never saw it that way.thanks

1 Like

Re: John Okafor: "My Son Died From LUTH's Carelessness" - Actor Mr Ibu Recounts by anonimi: 12:44pm On Oct 04, 2016
Chrisx1x:
ok now i see you point.i never saw it that way.thanks

Thanks bro for your understanding.
One love. grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4263972_candidate168717520150430101652_jpeg5d095e7c3dfe8b5bf465a64450383689

2 Likes

Re: John Okafor: "My Son Died From LUTH's Carelessness" - Actor Mr Ibu Recounts by eyinjuege: 12:47pm On Oct 04, 2016
Chrisx1x:

Sorry, but please what was the cause of death?

I didn't see it in his write up, and I've gone to check again...

Thanks
Re: John Okafor: "My Son Died From LUTH's Carelessness" - Actor Mr Ibu Recounts by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 04, 2016
staled news
Re: John Okafor: "My Son Died From LUTH's Carelessness" - Actor Mr Ibu Recounts by chiraqDemon(m): 12:52pm On Oct 04, 2016
He shoulda sued...would go a l9ng way to prevent such in other ppl's cases
Ppl in nigeria are always trying to settle things on tgeir own
If them de sue ppl and organisations like abroad u for see ppl de behave themselves and all these typa things wouldnt be so frequent
Just look how they will be telling somebody that is bleeding from the head to sign form first and wait in line

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Princess Gambo Says She Is Comfortable Dating A Married Man / LAX Buys A Multi-million Naira House / Efemena Okedi's Burial: Ras Kimono’s Wife Buried (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.