Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,103 members, 7,818,299 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving (17518 Views)

What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? / What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? / Craziest Thing You Have Ever Done With While Driving On Highway? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving by caesaraba(m): 7:22am On Oct 03, 2016
oieda:
One of the points says steer to the side of the road.

WITH WHAT? The steering that has failed??

5 Likes

Re: What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving by megareal: 7:24am On Oct 03, 2016
Thanks OP. My steering was acting up last week and the thought crossed my mind of what to do if it failed. You just answered my silent question.
Re: What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving by Okeyson4wisdom(m): 7:25am On Oct 03, 2016
Whizpeter:
What if your steering and brake fail at the same time??

Just Asking ooo!!!
Then prepare to meet your God

2 Likes

Re: What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving by AreaFada2: 7:26am On Oct 03, 2016
Good
Re: What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving by vanndubi: 7:28am On Oct 03, 2016
I think preventive maintenance should be taken seriously cos steering failure don't just happen.

Tech guys, what can make the steering system to fail?
Re: What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving by tolastikha: 7:29am On Oct 03, 2016
Idydarling:
me dat don't have a car
yet nko?

If you agree to date me, a second hand Hilux van is readily available for you sweetie.
Re: What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving by muller101(m): 7:39am On Oct 03, 2016
Whizpeter:

Just Asking ooo!!!
suicide is the only alternative
Re: What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving by AKBliv010(m): 7:59am On Oct 03, 2016
emamos:

http://punchng.com/steering-fails-driving/
_
God forbids bad things is d koko

LOL DON'T PANIC, author should rewrite this article when they have experienced it..
Re: What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving by Dilidee(m): 7:59am On Oct 03, 2016
Whizpeter:

Just Asking ooo!!!

You have dead b d@!..
Re: What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving by tutaboi(m): 8:04am On Oct 03, 2016
Idydarling:
me dat don't have a car yet nko?
no knowledge is a waste
Re: What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving by caesaraba(m): 8:05am On Oct 03, 2016
vanndubi:
I think preventive maintenance should be taken seriously cos steering failure don't just happen.

Tech guys, what can make the steering system to fail?

Walahi I just peeped under the dash now and can see newspaper wrapped around my steering rod. Straight to the mechanic this morning.
Re: What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving by iSpread(m): 8:53am On Oct 03, 2016
bros that kind thing eh, just JUMP OUT THROUGH THE WINDOW IMMEDIATELY WITHOUT THINKING.
Re: What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving by jelal007(m): 8:57am On Oct 03, 2016
divinelove:

Na him b say na ur village ppl go win dt day grin grin grin grin
Re: What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving by Biographyroom(f): 9:13am On Oct 03, 2016
Thanks for these hint.. We might need it someday
Re: What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving by gen2lpat(m): 9:50am On Oct 03, 2016
[quote author=Anabaraonyepete post=49869589][/quote]

Lol... Oh Please! Stop talking like i was referring to you.
Re: What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 03, 2016
gen2lpat:

Just look at the direction of your village and say to them, finally, una plan work.
Then where art thy God? And your magical chart Jesus?
The same way you care for brake, same to your steering.
On regular maintenance, there is a bolt that locks the steering wheel onto the steering rod,, constantly steering, can lead to little by little loosing of this bolt, just like your type wheel bolt.
In doubt ask your mechanic to check at another visit
Re: What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving by airlord2020: 10:52am On Oct 03, 2016
Whizpeter:

Just Asking ooo!!!

Then prepare to meet thy lord.
Re: What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving by professore(m): 11:32am On Oct 03, 2016
I like the summary,only the use of horn and a few others seems to be left out there.
Re: What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving by DanielGb(m): 11:59am On Oct 03, 2016
All the above will only work for break failure.
Re: What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving by sniperwolf(m): 12:08pm On Oct 03, 2016
This stuff almost took my life on the 1st of August. In my own case the steering was turning, but the car refused to move in the direction of my steering. At about 120-125km/hr I ran into 3 stationary vehicles. Thank God my seat belt was fastened
Re: What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving by divinelove(m): 1:18pm On Oct 03, 2016
jelal007:
Babe is that u in the DP? Wow,u're richly endowed.

Babe kwa abeg I be man oooo no try am ooo angry angry angry

If ur find midget Mallam nasir el rufia dt attractive then all hopes on u r lost
Re: What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving by jelal007(m): 2:40pm On Oct 03, 2016
divinelove:

Babe kwa abeg I be man oooo no try am ooo angry angry angry

If ur find midget Mallam nasir el rufia dt attractive then all hopes on u r lost
Lol....wasn't talking 2u but @ihatebuhari. By the way,there's nothing attractive abt u lol.
Re: What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving by Bhaelarkush(m): 6:09pm On Oct 03, 2016
lol..is it hard to open the door and fly out of d car ni
Re: What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving by uvalued(m): 9:02am On Oct 04, 2016
emamos:

Don’t panic

Reduce your speed

Move to the side of the road

Don’t put off the engine

Do a brief check

Carry out routine checks
http://punchng.com/steering-fails-driving/
_
God forbids bad things is d koko
Re: What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving by 400billionman: 9:08am On Oct 04, 2016
oieda:
One of the points says steer to the side of the road.

WITH WHAT? The steering that has failed??

HAha

It will respond partially.

Even when a car with ABS fails brake. The brake will still respond slightly.

Infact, i have travelled with failed brakes before.
Re: What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving by Xionez(m): 4:20am On Oct 05, 2016
What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving?

Answer: Use your teeth.

(1) (2) (Reply)

TICAD7: Toyota seals deal to site Assembly plant in Ghana (Video) / Can A Nigerian Car Be Registered More Than Once? / Car Catches Fire Along Ikot Ekpene Road In Uyo (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.