Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,048 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible (4416 Views)

Types Of Prayers Mentioned In The Bible. / King James Version Of The Bible Is For Homosexuals And Rastafarians–ghanaian Rev / Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible by shadeyinka(m): 6:29pm On Oct 02, 2016
FriendChoice:

The Qur'an was completely revealed from protected tablet to least heaven. Then in segment to earth.The name was not mentioned once but 70 times.

Bible collection of 66 currupted Books. I agree

The Qur'an completely revealed from a protected tablet in heaven then reassembled by Prophet Mohammed pbuh in a random format?

If the books were corrupted, why did Allah tell Prophet Mohammed to refer to the people of the book?
Answer Yes or No!
Was the Taurat recited during the life of Prophet Mohammed?
Re: The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 02, 2016
FriendChoice:
It's surprising the Book have no name. I can see the word Bible only on the cover pages. Who name it Paul or Who?

The Word Quran is mentioned 70 times in the Holy Quran.

I do read Bible but am yet to see the Word Bible. Maybe I have not come across it, help me with it.

But if the word is not there, I don't need further theories and hypotheses that the Bible is Hebrew from then this and that bla bla bla... For all I need is the verse of the Bible.

The Holy Qur'an is also translated to English and that doesn't erase the word Qur'an.

@APCsupporter aminusanti call your non Muslim brothers to answer me.
And so, if it isn't? Well to smooth your rough shell, the word "Bible" is from the Greek "biblios" which means "Book" or from "biblica" meaning the same thing. Others deduce that it is coined from "Byblos" the town in which the reed used in making biblical manuscripts was found. In fact, Qur'an is a bible (book). So before you come and ask stupidly obvious questions, draw your premise from verifiable facts.
Re: The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 02, 2016
shadeyinka:

The Qur'an completely revealed from a protected tablet in heaven then reassembled by Prophet Mohammed pbuh in a random format?

If the books were corrupted, why did Allah tell Prophet Mohammed to refer to the people of the book?
Answer Yes or No!

"Verily, I revealed it on the Night of Decree." [Noble
Quran 97:1]

"And (it is) a Quran which I have divided into parts in
order that you (Muhammad) may recite it to the
people gradually, and I have revealed it by
successive revelation." [Noble Quran 17:106]

The Qur'an was revealed in chapters and verses. So what is confusing you there.

"Know they not Allah Knoweth what they conceal and what they reveal? And there are among them illiterates, who know not the Book but (see therein their own) desires, and they do nothing but conjecture. Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say: 'This is from Allah,' to traffic with it for a miserable price! Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby.” (The
Noble Qur'an, 2:77-79)

(The Noble Qur'an, 5:83) And when they listen to the revelation received by the Messenger, thou wilt see their eyes overflowing with tears, for they recognize the truth: they pray: "Our Lord! We believe; write us down among the witnesses.

Allah's says ask the people of the book about their book. When it says its corrupted, it means there are fabrication and interpolations. But some verses still remain the word of God. So he simply says ask them about their book what it there.

The Law of moses is recited during prophet Muhammad time, though there are corruption in it But not as the corruption of Today. And even today there are some truth like coming of the final and last messenger.

2 Likes

Re: The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 02, 2016
lordnicklaus:

And so, if it isn't? Well to smooth your rough shell, the word "Bible" is from the Greek "biblios" which means "Book" or from "biblica" meaning the same thing. Others deduce that it is coined from "Byblos" the town in which the reed used in making biblical manuscripts was found. In fact, Qur'an is a bible (book). So before you come and ask stupidly obvious questions, draw your premise from verifiable facts.

Qur'an is mentioned 70 times in Quran. Quran is from read. Another name for Quran is kitab means book. another is Furqan and All are mentioned in the Qur'an.

But Bible am yet to see it.

2 Likes

Re: The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible by felixomor1: 7:04pm On Oct 02, 2016
shadeyinka:

Answer Yes or No!

The guy thinks he is talking to children.
Re: The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible by felixomor1: 7:09pm On Oct 02, 2016
FriendChoice:

Qur'an is mentioned 70 times in Quran. Quran is from read. Another name for Quran is kitab means book. another is Furqan and All are mentioned in the Qur'an.

On a normal day, If i see the title of a book inside that same book. I will suspect the author of that book for plagiarism sef.
Honestly!
cool
Re: The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 02, 2016
felixomor1:

The guy thinks he is talking to children.

If I am talking to children, then I hope they will grow one day.. But who I am talking to are Gods lost sheeps

Indeed, the worst of living creatures in the sight of Allah are those who have disbelieved, and they will not [ever] believe - 8:55

And We have certainly created for Hell many of the jinn and mankind. They have hearts with which they do not understand, they have eyes with which they do not see, and they have ears with which they do not hear. Those are like livestock; rather, they are more astray. It is they who are the heedless. Quran 7:179

These are who am talking to

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible by felixomor1: 7:17pm On Oct 02, 2016
FriendChoice:

If I am taking to children, then I hope they will grow one day.. But who I am talking to are Gods lost sheeps

Indeed, the worst of living creatures in the sight of Allah are those who have disbelieved, and they will not [ever] believe - 8:55

And We have certainly created for Hell many of the jinn and mankind. They have hearts with which they do not understand, they have eyes with which they do not see, and they have ears with which they do not hear. Those are like livestock; rather, they are more astray. It is they who are the heedless. Quran 7:179

This are who am talking to

Yeah right cool
Re: The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible by shadeyinka(m): 7:26pm On Oct 02, 2016
FriendChoice:

What name do you want from a compilation of scriptures? The average moslem doesn't know that the bible is the compilations of the scriptures of the Jews and the "gospel"

It is totally wrong to use the Qur'an as a standard to judge the bible. Rather, it is the earlier scriptures that should be used as a standard to judge the Quran.
Re: The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 02, 2016
FriendChoice:

Qur'an is derived from the Aramaic "qeryani" meaning "read" or "recite". Bros, I will resay it again, "bible" means "book" and it doesn't necessarily have to be written in it. The Quran is a bible (book) on its own. So, if it's not in the bible, what are you here to prove. You are simply a desperate apologist. Debate with matured facts and not infantile hypothesis aimed at gaining the sympathy of the masses.
Re: The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 02, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Qur'an is derived from the Aramaic "qeryani" meaning "read" or "recite". Bros, I will resay it again, "bible" means "book" and it doesn't necessarily have to be written in it. The Quran is a bible (book) on its own. So, if it's not in the bible, what are you here to prove. You are simply a desperate apologist. Debate with matured facts and not infantile hypothesis aimed at gaining the sympathy of the masses.

I dont want theories. My question is simple is the word Bible in the Bible. YES OR NO. DONT NEED ALL STORIES.

2 Likes

Re: The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 02, 2016
shadeyinka:

What name do you want from a compilation of scriptures? The average moslem doesn't know that the bible is the compilations of the scriptures of the Jews and the "gospel"

It is totally wrong to use the Qur'an as a standard to judge the bible. Rather, it is the earlier scriptures that should be used as a standard to judge the Quran.

A corrupt scripture cannot judge word of God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 02, 2016
FriendChoice:

I dont want theories. My question is simple is the word Bible in the Bible. YES OR NO. DONT NEED ALL STORIES.
And how will its absence prove detrimental to the Christian faith? Even if its not, what will you stand to gain? Na wa o! I haven't seen a Muslim so desperate. Okay let me put you out of the suspense and misery. The word "bible" can be found in the Greek copies of biblical text as "biblios". The Aramaic text has "kitaba" and the Hebrew text renders it "ketab" all meaning "book".
Re: The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 02, 2016
FriendChoice:

Do you want me to reel out emblems of errancy in the Quran? If you feel your Quran is inerrant, kindly post some verses and let me disprove them.
Re: The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 02, 2016
lordnicklaus:

And how will its absence prove detrimental to the Christian faith? Even if its not, what will you stand to gain? Na wa o! I haven't seen a Muslim so desperate. Okay let me put you out of the suspense and misery. The word "bible" can be found in the Greek copies of biblical text as "biblios". The Aramaic text has "kitaba" and the Hebrew text renders it "ketab" all meaning "book".

I heard the word dosent exist in the bible. Help me with reference of the verse. Let me check the Hebrew bible, whether I can see "biblios"

1 Like

Re: The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 02, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Do you want me to reel out emblems of errancy in the Quran? If you feel your Quran is inerrant, kindly post some verses and let me disprove them.
https://www.nairaland.com/3363378/quran-only-unchangeable-incorruptible-holy They all beat around the bush, no one could break the challeng. Go and give it a try
Re: The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 02, 2016
FriendChoice:

I heard the word dosent exist in the bible. Help me with reference of the verse. Let me check the Hebrew bible, whether I can see "biblios"
Bros eh! "Biblios" is Greek and not Hebrew. So, check the Greek text. And any verse you have the word "book", compare with the Greek version. Also, if you feel the Quran is glorious, allow me to reel the errancy of such mumbo-jumbo so you can see the fallibility of such babbles of drunkenness, or you could post verses in the Quran and I would disprove them.
Re: The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 02, 2016
FriendChoice:

https://www.nairaland.com/3363378/quran-only-unchangeable-incorruptible-holy They all beat around the bush, no one could break the challeng. Go and give it a try
The thread is crowded, let us go right here and right now. I will post generational errors and scientific misconceptions in the so-called infallible Qur'an.
Re: The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 02, 2016
lordnicklaus:

The thread is crowded, let us go right here and right now. I will post generational errors and scientific misconceptions in the so-called infallible Qur'an.

Am not buying that idea. No matter how crowded i can reply you, if its your friend you wanted to see, mention them. But am not going to entertain it here on this tread. I open it specially for this. We are not going to divert from the topic. Give me the verse that the word bible is mention
Re: The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 02, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Bros eh! "Biblios" is Greek and not Hebrew. So, check the Greek text. And any verse you have the word "book", compare with the Greek version. Also, if you feel the Quran is glorious, allow me to reel the errancy of such mumbo-jumbo so you can see the fallibility of such babbles of drunkenness, or you could post verses in the Quran and I would disprove them.

Please sir. say the verse or keep quite.
Re: The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible by shadeyinka(m): 8:45pm On Oct 02, 2016
FriendChoice:

The above verse is an obvious contradiction since we know that the Qur'an was revealed piecemeal over a period of almost 30 years.

Also, the Almighty Allah revealed new insights on the fly as per current issues and events eg
[b] Sura 33:37

Where Allah gave Mohammed permission to marry his adopted sons wife.

Was this also written in the tablet of heaven?

FriendChoice:

successive revelation." [Noble Quran 17:106] [/b]

1. If the Qur'an was indeed revealed like this why didnt Mohammed compile and publish it during his lifetime?

2. If it was revealed gradually, why are the suras jumbled up like a physics textbook whose chapters are randomly rearranged?

3. If the arrangement of the order of the suras are not a reflection of the Al kittab in heaven, how can one be sure that the contents are a faithful reproduction?

FriendChoice:

"Know they not Allah Knoweth what they conceal and what they reveal? And there are among them illiterates, who know not the Book but (see therein their own) desires, and they do nothing but conjecture. Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say: 'This is from Allah,' to traffic with it for a miserable price! Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby.” (The

(The Noble Qur'an, 5:83) And when they listen to the revelation received by the Messenger, thou wilt see their eyes overflowing with tears, for they recognize the truth: they pray: "Our Lord! We believe; write us down among the witnesses.

Allah's says ask the people of the book about their book. When it says its corrupted, it means there are fabrication and interpolations. But some verses still remain the word of God. So he simply says ask them about their book what it there.

The Law of moses is recited during prophet Muhammad time, though there are corruption in it But not as the corruption of Today. And even today there are some truth like coming of the final and last messenger.

LOL! That is an interpretation that is not even supported by the Qur'an.

To prove that Williams Shakespeare works are corrupted, it is necessary that I produce a page or a fragment of the original Shakespearean work and point out the glaring differences.

But Check out this Surah:

And if thou (Muhammad) art in doubt concerning that which We reveal unto thee, then question those who read the Scripture (that was) before thee. Verily the Truth from thy Lord hath come unto thee. So be not thou of the waverers. And be not thou of those who deny the revelations of Allah, for then wert thou of the losers.
S10:94-95

Note the tense: who are those who read the scriptures that Mohammed was supposed to question? Abraham, David, Solomon? Or the people who lived with prophet Mohammed?

Why would the Almighty Allah in His wisdom direct Mohammed to asked those whose scriptures have been corrupted?

You contemporary Muslims are even wiser than the Almighty Allah! Kai!

Even the Hadith's reported of Mohammed not falling for the tricks of the Jews on stoning with respect to adultery.

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar: The Jews came to Allah's Apostle and told him that a man and a woman from amongst them had committed illegal sexual intercourse. Allah's Apostle said to them, "What do you find in the Torah (old Testament) about the legal punishment of Ar-Rajm (stoning)?" They replied, (But) we announce their crime and lash them." Abdullah bin Salam said, "You are telling a lie; Torah contains the order of Rajm." They brought and opened the Torah and one of them solaced his hand on the Verse of Rajm and read the verses preceding and following it. Abdullah bin Salam said to him, "Lift your hand." When he lifted his hand, the Verse of Rajm was written there. They said, "Muhammad has told the truth; the Torah has the Verse of Rajm. The Prophet then gave the order that both of them should be stoned to death. ('Abdullah bin 'Umar said, "I saw the man leaning over the woman to shelter her from the stones."
Sahih Bukhari 4:56:829

Prophet Mohammed obviously believes in the scriptures you modern Muslims are trying to disbelieve.

The truth was that Mohammed didn't know that there were serious contradictions between the Quran and the earlier revealed scriptures. Modern Muslims have to resolve this problem: I understand.

Always Ask Questions about the Faith you believed in and not just follow some imams interpretations!
Re: The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 02, 2016
Disprove these two verses as being an errant.

1. "And the earth, We did spread out as a carpet......." Sura 15:19

2. "He who has made for you, the earth stretched out as a carpet......" Sura 20:53

The Quran just implied that the earth is flat cc FriendChoice.
Re: The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 02, 2016
[s]
shadeyinka:

The above verse is an obvious contradiction since we know that the quean was revealed piecemeal over a period of almost 30 years.

Also, the Almighty Allah revealed new insights on the fly as per current issues and events eg
Sura 33:37

1. If the Qur'an was indeed revealed like this why didnt Mohammed compile and publish it during his lifetime?

2. If it was revealed gradually, why are the suras jumbled up like a physics textbook whose chapters are randomly rearranged?

3. If the arrangement of the order of the suras are not a reflection of the Al kittab in heaven, how can one be sure that the contents are a faithful reproduction?

Check out this:

And if thou (Muhammad) art in doubt concerning that which We reveal unto thee, then question those who read the Scripture (that was) before thee. Verily the Truth from thy Lord hath come unto thee. So be not thou of the waverers. And be not thou of those who deny the revelations of Allah, for then wert thou of the losers.

Even the Hadith's reported of Mohammed not falling for the tricks of the Jews on stoning with respect to adultery.

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar: The Jews came to Allah's Apostle and told him that a man and a woman from amongst them had committed illegal sexual intercourse. Allah's Apostle said to them, "What do you find in the Torah (old Testament) about the legal punishment of Ar-Rajm (stoning)?" They replied, (But) we announce their crime and lash them." Abdullah bin Salam said, "You are telling a lie; Torah contains the order of Rajm." They brought and opened the Torah and one of them solaced his hand on the Verse of Rajm and read the verses preceding and following it. Abdullah bin Salam said to him, "Lift your hand." When he lifted his hand, the Verse of Rajm was written there. They said, "Muhammad has told the truth; the Torah has the Verse of Rajm. The Prophet then gave the order that both of them should be stoned to death. ('Abdullah bin 'Umar said, "I saw the man leaning over the woman to shelter her from the stones."

Prophet Mohammed obviously believes in the scriptures you modern Muslims are trying to disbelieve.

The truth was that Mohammed didn't know that there were serious contradictions between the Quran and the earlier revealed scriptures. Modern Muslims have to resolve this problem: I understand.
[/s]

Take it where its suppose to be not here. Answer my question here Bible verse that mention Bible
Re: The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 02, 2016
FriendChoice:

Am not buying that idea. No matter how crowded i can reply you, if its your friend you wanted to see, mention them. But am not going to entertain it here on this tread. I open it specially for this. We are not going to divert from the topic. Give me the verse that the word bible is mention

There are numerous verses. Check Revelation 6 and Revelation 20. Anywhere you find the words "book" or "scroll" the Greek text has "biblios". And what will that prove, you still haven't answered me. What are you to gain from that?
Re: The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 02, 2016
lordnicklaus:

There are numerous verses. Check Revelation 6 and Revelation 20. Anywhere you find the words "book" or "scroll" the Greek text has "biblios". And what will that prove, you still haven't answered me. What are you to gain from that?

Paste the verse here, I did not say book Bible or bibilios

1 Like

Re: The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 02, 2016
FriendChoice:

Paste the verse here, I did not say book Bible or bibilios
You won't find it in an English translation. The English translates it as "book" or "scroll". And again, why do you insist that the word "bible" should be in the Bible? Answer me. And check out the scientific error in the Quran that I posted.
Re: The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 02, 2016
lordnicklaus:

You won't find it in an English translation. The English translates it as "book" or "scroll". And again, why do you insist that the word "bible" should be in the Bible? Answer me. And check out the scientific error in the Quran that I posted.

I just want to confirm its there or not. Secondly am not going to answer it here. I made it done, please dont divert my tread. I show you where to meet.
Re: The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 02, 2016
FriendChoice:

I just want to confirm its there or not. Secondly am not going to answer it here. I made it done, please dont divert my tread. I show you where to meet.

Ok, let's go there.....
Re: The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible by shadeyinka(m): 9:09pm On Oct 02, 2016
FriendChoice:
[s][/s]

Take it where its suppose to be not here. Answer my question here Bible verse that mention Bible

[size=18pt]The truth haunts you!
Face it!

You shall know the Truth and that truth shall set you Free.[/size]

Why are you afraid of answering the questions above? I used the Quran, Hadith and simple sense to justify my position.

You need not be angry at the truth, just face it. Remember, you could have stayed in the closed wall of the Islam Section and I wouldn't have been given this opportunity.

Ask Questions about your Faith.
In the Questions, the Truth will surface!
Re: The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 02, 2016
shadeyinka:

[size=18pt]The truth haunts you!
Face it!

You shall know the Truth and that truth shall set you Free.[/size]

Why are you afraid of answering the questions above? I used the Quran, Hadith and simple sense to justify my position.

You need not be angry at the truth, just face it. Remember, you could have stayed in the closed wall of the Islam Section and I wouldn't have been given this opportunity.

Ask Questions about your Faith.
In the Questions, the Truth will surface!

The question I asked here none of you have answered. If you want us to discuss on this I have give the link in my previous post. Check it, copy and paste it, then we discus. But ths tread is open to find out if the word Bible exist in the bible. Up till one am stil waiting to see it

1 Like

Re: The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible by shadeyinka(m): 9:24pm On Oct 02, 2016
FriendChoice:

This is just a statement like: All men are descendants of Apes! A strong statement of delusion until strong evidences are provided.

Is the Quran the Word of God?
Is it the Word of prophet Mohammed?
Is it the word of Jubril?

None of the earlier revealed scriptures testified of the Quran BUT the Qur'an testified about the Taurat, Zabur, Injeel. Therefore, the authenticity of the Quran can be judged by these revealed scripture.

But then as Muslims you are Afraid! All of them contradict the Quran in major aspects.
Re: The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible by shadeyinka(m): 9:27pm On Oct 02, 2016
FriendChoice:

The question I asked here none of you have answered. If you want us to discuss on this I have give the link in my previous post. Check it, copy and paste it, then we discus. But ths tread is open to find out if the word Bible exist in the bible. Up till one am stil waiting to see it

[size=28pt]
Check the first reply to your post!
Then Face the Truth Presented[/size]

FriendChoice:

The above verse is an obvious contradiction since we know that the Qur'an was revealed piecemeal over a period of almost 30 years.

[b] Sura 33:37

FriendChoice:

successive revelation." [Noble Quran 17:106] [/b]

FriendChoice:

To prove that Williams Shakespeare works are corrupted, it is necessary that I produce a page or a fragment of the original Shakespearean work and point out the glaring differences.

But Check out this Surah:

Note the tense: who are those who read the scriptures that Mohammed was supposed to question? Abraham, David, Solomon? Or the people who lived with prophet Mohammed?

Why would the Almighty Allah in His wisdom direct Mohammed to asked those whose scriptures have been corrupted?

You contemporary Muslims are even wiser than the Almighty Allah! Kai!

Always Ask Questions about the Faith you believed in and not just follow some imams interpretations!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Monster Energy Drink Is A Satanic Drink - 666 / Life From Life? / The Oil and The Mantle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.