Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,804 members, 7,827,955 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible (4412 Views)

Types Of Prayers Mentioned In The Bible. / King James Version Of The Bible Is For Homosexuals And Rastafarians–ghanaian Rev / Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 02, 2016
shadeyinka:

The truth haunts you!
Face it!

You shall know the Truth and that truth shall set you Free.[/size]

Why are you afraid of answering the questions above? I used the Quran, Hadith and simple sense to justify my position.

You need not be angry at the truth, just face it. Remember, you could have stayed in the closed wall of the Islam Section and I wouldn't have been given this opportunity.

Ask Questions about your Faith.
In the Questions, the Truth will surface!

Am not answering the question here even if i made a mistake of starting it. The question is No where in the bible the word bible is mentioned. Concerning this recent question, post it in the link i provided, lets not deviate from the topic.
Re: The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible by shadeyinka(m): 9:54pm On Oct 02, 2016
FriendChoice:

Am not answering the question here even if i made a mistake of starting it. [b]The question is No where in the bible the word bible is mentioned. [/b]Concerning this recent question, post it in the link i provided, lets not deviate from the topic.

Its no deviation. Note that, the post above was a REPLY to your own very post!

Your point was if the word Bible is not in the Bible, then it CANNOT be the word of God!

Like if "William Shakespeare" is not in Williams Shakespeares books , it can not be from Shakespeare!

Your next move was to show from the Quran that the Bible is corrupted.

My move was to show that your premise, logic and interpretation of the al'quran was faulty.

Your response is to avoid Facing the Issues Raised.

[size=18pt]Face the Truth! It will set you free![/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 02, 2016
shadeyinka:

Its no deviation. Note that, the post above was a REPLY to your own very post!

Your point was if the word Bible is not in the Bible, then it CANNOT be the word of God!

Like if "William Shakespeare" is not in Williams Shakespeares books , it can not be from Shakespeare!

Your next move was to show from the Quran that the Bible is corrupted.

My move was to show that your premise, logic and interpretation of the al'quran was faulty.

Your response is to avoid Facing the Issues Raised.

[size=18pt]Face the Truth! It will set you free![/size]

I shall not quote you again. Compile or Continue writing.
Re: The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible by shadeyinka(m): 10:39pm On Oct 02, 2016
[size=28pt]Face the Truth![/size]

FriendChoice:

FriendChoice:

"Verily, I revealed it on the Night of Decree." [Noble
Quran 97:1]

"And (it is) a Quran which I have divided into parts in
order that you (Muhammad) may recite it to the
people gradually, and I have revealed it by
successive revelation." [Noble Quran 17:106]

The Qur'an was revealed in chapters and verses. So what is confusing you there.

"Know they not Allah Knoweth what they conceal and what they reveal? And there are among them illiterates, who know not the Book but (see therein their own) desires, and they do nothing but conjecture. Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say: 'This is from Allah,' to traffic with it for a miserable price! Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby.” (The
Noble Qur'an, 2:77-79)

(The Noble Qur'an, 5:83) And when they listen to the revelation received by the Messenger, thou wilt see their eyes overflowing with tears, for they recognize the truth: they pray: "Our Lord! We believe; write us down among the witnesses.

Allah's says ask the people of the book about their book. When it says its corrupted, it means there are fabrication and interpolations. But some verses still remain the word of God. So he simply says ask them about their book what it there.

The Law of moses is recited during prophet Muhammad time, though there are corruption in it But not as the corruption of Today. And even today there are some truth like coming of the final and last messenger.

FriendChoice:

The question I asked here none of you have answered. If you want us to discuss on this I have give the link in my previous post. Check it, copy and paste it, then we discus. But ths tread is open to find out if the word Bible exist in the bible. Up till one am stil waiting to see it

[size=28pt]
Check the first reply to your post!
Then Face the Truth Presented[/size]

FriendChoice:

"Verily, I revealed it on the Night of Decree." [Noble
Quran 97:1]

The above verse is an obvious contradiction since we know that the Qur'an was revealed piecemeal over a period of almost 30 years.

Also, the Almighty Allah revealed new insights on the fly as per current issues and events eg
[b] Sura 33:37

Where Allah gave Mohammed permission to marry his adopted sons wife.

Was this also written in the tablet of heaven?

FriendChoice:

"And (it is) a Quran which I have divided into parts in
order that you (Muhammad) may recite it to the
people gradually, and I have revealed it by
successive revelation." [Noble Quran 17:106] [/b]

1. If the Qur'an was indeed revealed like this why didnt Mohammed compile and publish it during his lifetime?

2. If it was revealed gradually, why are the suras jumbled up like a physics textbook whose chapters are randomly rearranged?

3. If the arrangement of the order of the suras are not a reflection of the Al kittab in heaven, how can one be sure that the contents are a faithful reproduction?

FriendChoice:

The Qur'an was revealed in chapters and verses. So what is confusing you there.

"Know they not Allah Knoweth what they conceal and what they reveal? And there are among them illiterates, who know not the Book but (see therein their own) desires, and they do nothing but conjecture. Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say: 'This is from Allah,' to traffic with it for a miserable price! Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby.” (The
Noble Qur'an, 2:77-79)

(The Noble Qur'an, 5:83) And when they listen to the revelation received by the Messenger, thou wilt see their eyes overflowing with tears, for they recognize the truth: they pray: "Our Lord! We believe; write us down among the witnesses.

Allah's says ask the people of the book about their book. When it says its corrupted, it means there are fabrication and interpolations. But some verses still remain the word of God. So he simply says ask them about their book what it there.

The Law of moses is recited during prophet Muhammad time, though there are corruption in it But not as the corruption of Today. And even today there are some truth like coming of the final and last messenger.

LOL! That is an interpretation that is not even supported by the Qur'an.

To prove that Williams Shakespeare works are corrupted, it is necessary that I produce a page or a fragment of the original Shakespearean work and point out the glaring differences.

But Check out this Surah:

And if thou (Muhammad) art in doubt concerning that which We reveal unto thee, then question those who read the Scripture (that was) before thee. Verily the Truth from thy Lord hath come unto thee. So be not thou of the waverers. And be not thou of those who deny the revelations of Allah, for then wert thou of the losers.
S10:94-95

Note the tense: who are those who read the scriptures that Mohammed was supposed to question? Abraham, David, Solomon? Or the people who lived with prophet Mohammed?

Why would the Almighty Allah in His wisdom direct Mohammed to asked those whose scriptures have been corrupted?

You contemporary Muslims are even wiser than the Almighty Allah! Kai!

Even the Hadith's reported of Mohammed not falling for the tricks of the Jews on stoning with respect to adultery.

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar: The Jews came to Allah's Apostle and told him that a man and a woman from amongst them had committed illegal sexual intercourse. Allah's Apostle said to them, "What do you find in the Torah (old Testament) about the legal punishment of Ar-Rajm (stoning)?" They replied, (But) we announce their crime and lash them." Abdullah bin Salam said, "You are telling a lie; Torah contains the order of Rajm." They brought and opened the Torah and one of them solaced his hand on the Verse of Rajm and read the verses preceding and following it. Abdullah bin Salam said to him, "Lift your hand." When he lifted his hand, the Verse of Rajm was written there. They said, "Muhammad has told the truth; the Torah has the Verse of Rajm. The Prophet then gave the order that both of them should be stoned to death. ('Abdullah bin 'Umar said, "I saw the man leaning over the woman to shelter her from the stones."
Sahih Bukhari 4:56:829

Prophet Mohammed obviously believes in the scriptures you modern Muslims are trying to disbelieve.

The truth was that Mohammed didn't know that there were serious contradictions between the Quran and the earlier revealed scriptures. Modern Muslims have to resolve this problem: I understand.

Always Ask Questions about the Faith you believed in and not just follow some imams interpretations!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible by felixomor: 11:28pm On Oct 02, 2016
FriendChoice:

Hehehehe grin

E don tire.......

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People / Monster Energy Drink Is A Satanic Drink - 666 / Reinhard Bonnke's Successor And his Family At The Farewell Crusade (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.