Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

My Experience With Access Bank And Stanbic Bank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience With Access Bank And Stanbic Bank (1401 Views)

Funny Tweet Between FCMB Bank And The Nigerian Snake (photos) / Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected / Gtbank And Stanbic $ Rate Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Access Bank And Stanbic Bank by Charpell(m): 12:52pm On Oct 02, 2016
Two weeks ago, I desperately needed to make an online purchase via my debit card but I was denied access, no thanks to Sterling bank that has stopped international payment transaction. I had no choice other than to open a new account in another bank to obtain a new Mastercard.

I have always heard bad news about access bank online but I still decided to try their service. I carried my 2 legs to one of their branch in Ogunlana Drive, Surulele.

When i entered the bank, it took time before the customer care could attend to me and when they did, I explained to them that the reason i wanted an account was to get a MasterCard ASAP, they said my account will be ready soon. Filled the form, gave them my documents. They rejected my Electricity bill because it was dated May, haba this was the same document I used to activate my Sterling account some minute ago and they accepted, how come Access is rejecting it. I came back in 2 days time hoping my account will be ready, I gave them my June bill and they rejected it again. They said it must start from atleast July, which kind wahala be this? What is the different between June and July? Worst still my account was yet to be opened

The staff apologized and gave me his number, so I can send him send him a scan copy via whatsapp instead of leaving my house everytime. I thanked him, sent him the scanned copy the next morning, there was no response from him or from the bank. Waited another 3 days, no response then I decided to go to the bank for the 3rd time to know the delay. They told me my account cant be opened because my name was compromised on the system. All this while I have been waiting, they didn’t deem it fit to call, text or mail me of a problem.
They asked if I was affiliated to any political party, ever been involved in any fraudulent activity, ever taken a loan. I filled a form to clear my name and prove I was innocent.

I was already getting frustrated, opening an account has now become a big deal, or was it because I went their myself or maybe access bank has so many customers in their database and have started rejecting some persons, or so I thought.

Two days later I called the staff that was in charge of my account opening to know the update, he didn’t pick, sent him whatsapp message, the messages was received but he didn’t reply. Since nobody wants to call me, i went to the bank for the fourth time to have answers on why the delay, the staff wasn’t around, they customer care told me to drop my number they will call me, uptil now nobody has called.
By now dollars has increased from 420 two weeks ago to 500+ today, this means I have lost about N8,000 from my budget.

On Friday, I tried Stanbic Bank. As soon as I entered the bank, a fine gentleman walked up to me to know what I wanted, I told him I wanted to open an account. He took me to one of their Vip’s room and assigned a staff to me. Together will filled the form and within 15 minutes we were done. I didn’t bring any form of ID, so he asked if I had a soft copy. From my phone, I went to my dropbox account and downloaded my a soft copy of my International passport, sent to him via Bluetooth, gave him my 2 passpot and N2,000 for the account opening. I noticed he didn’t ask me my name, when i told him, he said there is no need since he has my BVN. I didn’t even spend up to 30 minutes in the bank and I left.

To be honest, I was a bit skeptical because I thought my name and BVN would show error like how the access bank were suspecting me, lo and behold it didn’t take up to 24 hours and my account was opened. I got the message from Stanbic Bank yesterday that 1,050 was deducted for the Mastercard and the remaining in my balance. I am hoping to get my card on Tuesday.

Access Bank has failed in its customer care service, i am not angry because my profile had errors on their database, its not a bad thing to increase your security protocol when opening an account but the problem is they lack common business Etiquette. I mean what does it take your to call your customer if there is a problem and inform them to come clarify issues. Worst still, I was the one doing the calling and texting and they were just ignoring me.

If they don’t want to open an account for me, they should have told me rather than delaying giving me false hopes. See what they have caused me, two weeks fa. A delay of 2 weeks has increased my budget to N8,000. sad sad sad

Hope they are now happy. angry

Screenshot of my Stanbic message

Re: My Experience With Access Bank And Stanbic Bank by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 02, 2016
You won't regret banking with Stanbic.

Been using their services for 4yrs now. Best so far.

Easy to reach them via twitter. And they can call u till thy kingdom comes.
Re: My Experience With Access Bank And Stanbic Bank by Charpell(m): 1:43pm On Oct 02, 2016
banttieman:
You won't regret banking with Stanbic.

Been using their services for 4yrs now. Best so far.

Easy to reach them via twitter. And they can call u till thy kingdom comes.
Their standard is second to none. The moment that gentleman approached me when i entered the bank, i knew i have made the right choice

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Access Bank And Stanbic Bank by oothoney: 3:32pm On Oct 02, 2016
[quote author=Charpell post=49851656]
Their standard is second to none. The moment that gentleman approached me when i entered the bank, i knew i have made the right choice[/quote

Have you picked ur MasterCard?can you use it?cos I opened an account, got a MasterCard and cldnt use it...been almost more than 4 weeks..they said its a new card(silver banking) and they are having issues linking it with MasterCard..is it same card you got?
Re: My Experience With Access Bank And Stanbic Bank by Charpell(m): 4:53pm On Oct 02, 2016
[quote author=oothoney post=49854539][/quote]
I haven't gotten mine yet, my account was just opened yesterday. Tomorrow is public holiday, so probably i will check tuesday
Re: My Experience With Access Bank And Stanbic Bank by OracleHex(m): 7:36pm On Oct 04, 2016
finally

(1) (Reply)

Pls How Profitable Is Plantain Chips Business / Fast Track Alternate Avenue / What Business Can I Invest N500k With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.