Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,296 members, 7,836,295 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Can Love Be Controlled Or Can A Person Control Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Love Be Controlled Or Can A Person Control Love? (778 Views)

I Married My Sister Because You Cant Control Love” Man Who Married His Sister Sa / Do We Still Have Ladies That Can Love A Broke Man Like This? - See Picture / Guys, Can Love Ever Make You Beg A Lady Like This? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Love Be Controlled Or Can A Person Control Love? by EXLOVER(m): 2:08pm On Oct 02, 2016
Love is a strong feeling or affection for a person

Love is bigger than you are. You can invite love, but you cannot dictate how, when, and where love expresses itself. You can choose to surrender to love, or not, but in the end love strikes like lightening, unpredictable and irrefutable. You can even find yourself loving people you don't like at all. Love does not come with conditions, stipulations, addenda, or codes. Like the sun, love radiates independently of our fears and desires. Love is inherently free. It cannot be bought, sold, or traded. You cannot make someone love you, nor can you prevent it, for any amount of money. Love cannot be imprisoned nor can it be legislated. Love is not a substance, not a commodity, nor even a marketable power source. Love has no territory, no borders, no quantifiable mass or energy output.

I was reading a thread when a guy said rule no 1 'dont love'
My question is how can a person control love or stop himself from falling in love? I'm experiencing heartbreak for now, i dont want to fall in love again, how can i do it?
Re: Can Love Be Controlled Or Can A Person Control Love? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 02, 2016
Fuçk Love, give me diamonds..

-IGGY cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can Love Be Controlled Or Can A Person Control Love? by falconey(m): 2:13pm On Oct 02, 2016
grin

op don't mind the poster above he is heartless.

sure it can, it require a strong will. dedicate your time towards achieving goals that will ameliorate your existence.
Re: Can Love Be Controlled Or Can A Person Control Love? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 02, 2016
grin

No matter how many times u had a heartbreak... Never give up on love... One day, surely it will come the ryt.girl for u.. The one tat will cherish and love u the way u want it... grin

[size=18pt]ONLY BRAVE CAN SURVIVE[/size]
Re: Can Love Be Controlled Or Can A Person Control Love? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 02, 2016
Love, in a romantic context, by definition, is being affectionately oriented towards someone. It means to care deeply about that person and of course to be sexually attracted towards that person.

Now the question is, can you control this overwhelming feeling? My answer is no. You cannot chose to love or not to love someone, neither can you consciously decide when to opt out of love.

Looking at this from an evoloutionary biological perspective, humans evolved love primarily for reproduction. The intricate interaction between our brains and hormonal system, resulted in the expression of this immense feeling and it helped humans to procreate better, and even after that, to remain together to take care of their child. This aided the proliferation of the human species. So instead of just mere sexual attraction towards a person, it evolved into deep affectionate feelings and the uncontrollably desire to be around this person.

So love is more or less instinctive. And the nature of instinctive inclinations or emotions is that one doesn't consciously decided to feel or express them, neither is the expression of this inclination able to be controlled or modulated by the individual expressing them.

But still, one doesn't just go around loving everyone he or she comes across. There are criteria of attraction which if nourished, slowly graduates into love, that are hard wired through genetics and societal conditioning, into the psychology of every individual.
If an individual comes across anyone that meets this criteria, attraction is triggered, and if the right dynamics are in place, then this attraction slowly progresses into love, but this progress isn't a product of conscious thought.

1 Like

Re: Can Love Be Controlled Or Can A Person Control Love? by Sexxkillz: 3:02pm On Oct 02, 2016
Love can be controlled and a person can control love.

That's the simple reason why you do not fall in love with every beautiful girl that says hi to you or love everyone you date equally.

You control how much love to give or to show.

(1) (Reply)

Which Do U Prefer??? / Does "Money" Make A Relationship Last Longer? / What Food Can You Describe Your Lover With And Why???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.