Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

Adeboye And Others Are Thieves - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye And Others Are Thieves (5735 Views)

Folu Adeboye And Faith Oyedepo Pictured Together / Why Is Daddy Freeze Focused On Adeboye And Not TB Joshua? / Pastor Adeboye And His Wife At Tony Rapu's Wedding (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 8:37pm On Oct 02, 2016
Anybody that tells you that God needs your money is a liar and a thief.
God needs your obedience to His commandments.
If you will give, give to those that don't have, those that can't give you back Luke 14:13-14
Don't give to a church, you're just enriching your GO's bank account.
They lie that you're giving to the work of God. Pls, which work of God are they saying?
God never asked anybody to build any church for Him.
Any pastor that ask you to bring tithe and offerings to church is a thief.
The whole essence of giving is to the poor, strangers, destitute, orphans, widows and not to Pastors or to church.
They say when you give God the tenth percent of your income, God will bless you back.
God is never interested in your money, all He's interested is your soul. Anybody that tells you otherwise is a thief. Matt 16:26
Adeboye encourages people to sow or give to RCCG because it is a fertile land. All I see is a businessman advertising His company or business to people.
Bring the entire tithe into the storehouse so that there may be food in my temple. Test me in this matter," says the Lord who rules over all, "to see if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until there is no room for it all.
Mal 3:10
Storehouse is place in the temple where food are kept for the poor, foreigners, widows.
Is your church a storehouse? Why do you take your tithe to church?
The poor are not even to partake out of the tithe,it is always forwarded to the church account.
The only money the poor is entitled is the welfare's offering and not tithes.
How many of you are giving to the poor? You rather give to your pastor or sow it as a seed for the construction of the 3m by 3m auditorium. Something God did not ask him to build.

6 Likes

Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by kolaish(m): 9:00pm On Oct 02, 2016
Oga! please take it easy o. Calling people of those calibre thieves is not a good thing to say. You can admonish them but certainly not calling them thieves, God should rather be the judge and not you; if they are really what you call them, then let God be the judge, God is never asleep.

The issue of offering in the church is a routine and a must for christians. Remember Jesus comments on the widow's mite. Have you taken time to ask where the offering was taken place before Jesus saw what the widow dropped in the offering box? It is in the temple which is now re-christened as church. Remember that if people did not bring their offerings, how will they build the church buildings that people now worship in, take care of its administrative running and maintenance. Some pastors are full time pastors, how will they feed themselves and their family?

Though I am never in support of any pastor buying jets and building mansions from offerings and tithes, but be rest assured that the highest any man can leave on earth is 120 years, then judgement. It will be worse for those who stole from God than those that did not know God at all.

I will like to use this opportunity to reach out to any pastor reading this comment to take the church as God's temple and not personal business. Issues of finance should be left in the hands of someone appointed by the church council and not by the pastor, as it is making God's people to turn away from churches. I must however say that my pastor is an exception, he works and contributes to the church purse and to the members' welfare. An exemplary leader, May God bless him.

5 Likes

Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 9:05pm On Oct 02, 2016
kolaish:
Oga! please take it easy o. Calling people of those calibre thieves is not a good thing to say. You can admonish them but certainly not calling them thieves, God should rather be the judge and not you; if they are really what you call them, then let God be the judge, God is never asleep.
What do you call a thief?
Or let me rephrase, why do you call someone you caught stealing?
Exploiting masses, poor masses in the name of God?
I'm not judging. I'm just calling a spade a spade

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by Teniolasmart: 9:08pm On Oct 02, 2016
the guy above me is kind of correct..............................................................................sha.....................................all i just know is that giving of offerings and tithe is from d old testament

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by kolaish(m): 9:20pm On Oct 02, 2016
Teniolasmart:
the guy above me is kind of correct..............................................................................sha.....................................all i just know is that giving of offerings and tithe is from d old testament
The story of the widow's mite from Jesus goes to show you that offerings is a routine and a must for christians and not an old testament thing. let us not allow some fake pastors who are not doing the right thing with church funds to deceive us.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by kolaish(m): 9:28pm On Oct 02, 2016
rexben:
Do you know that Judas (Jesus disciple) use to help himself from the offerings box? Did Jesus not know these? But what happened to him thereafter and how did he finish his ministry? You can see by yourself that God is never asleep. Can you remember what God did to Eli because of the way wardness of his children? For me, I will rather pray for any person doing such things you mentioned to repent rather than calling them .... because through that you are rather discouraging people from rendering their financial duty to the church and thereby blocking their blessings.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by otem4eartum: 9:58pm On Oct 02, 2016
rexben:
Anybody that tells you that God needs your money is a liar and a thief.
God needs your obedience to His commandments.
If you will give, give to those that don't have, those that can't give you back Luke 14:13-14
Don't give to a church, you're just enriching your GO's bank account.
They lie that you're giving to the work of God. Pls, which work of God are they saying?
God never asked anybody to build any church for Him.
Any pastor that ask you to bring tithe and offerings to church is a thief.
The whole essence of giving is to the poor, strangers, destitute, orphans, widows and not to Pastors or to church.
They say when you give God the tenth percent of your income, God will bless you back.
God is never interested in your money, all He's interested is your soul. Anybody that tells you otherwise is a thief. Matt 16:26
Adeboye encourages people to sow or give to RCCG because it is a fertile land. All I see is a businessman advertising His company or business to people.
Bring the entire tithe into the storehouse so that there may be food in my temple. Test me in this matter," says the Lord who rules over all, "to see if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until there is no room for it all.
Mal 3:10
Storehouse is place in the temple where food are kept for the poor, foreigners, widows.
Is your church a storehouse? Why do you take your tithe to church?
The poor are not even to partake out of the tithe,it is always forwarded to the church account.
The only money the poor is entitled is the welfare's offering and not tithes.
How many of you are giving to the poor? You rather give to your pastor or sow it as a seed for the construction of the 3m by 3m auditorium. Something God did not ask him to build.
When did you finally realise this truth? Congrats man, u realised it earlier than Oarolaoye and Jacksonville. Once again I say Congrats!!!

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by Deicide: 10:09pm On Oct 02, 2016
grin

3 Likes

Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by Teniolasmart: 11:00pm On Oct 02, 2016
kolaish:
The story of the widow's mite from Jesus goes to show you that offerings is a routine and a must for christians and not an old testament thing. let us not allow some fake pastors who are not doing the right thing with church funds to deceive us.
seems u are the knowledgeable in bible type...............but i will like u to list reasons y we should pay tithe and offering with bible passage for backup
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by beautygboel(f): 5:40am On Oct 03, 2016
Guy watch you mouth make you no enter problem ooo

bible say thou shall no judge
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by Amberon: 6:42am On Oct 03, 2016
Christianity is not by force. If you're an atheist, remain one. If you call yourself a church goer don't give offerings or tithes. It don't concern nobody.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 03, 2016
beautygboel:

Abeg grin who judge pass? No be Christians and there pastors. I heard RCCG pastor has a millionaire club, for those that have given him up to a million naira.
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by kolaish(m): 10:09am On Oct 03, 2016
Teniolasmart:
seems u are the knowledgeable in bible type...............but i will like u to list reasons y we should pay tithe and offering with bible passage for backup
My brother, only God is knowledgeable. consider the following bible verses:

Exodus 36:3 - And they received of Moses all the offering, which the children of israel had brought for the work of the service of the sanctuary, to make it withal, And they brought yet unto him free offerings every morning.

Leviticus 5:12, 7:13, 7:29, 7:32, 17:15, 22:18, 23:28- Besides the sabbath of he Lord, and beside your gifts, and beside all your vows, and beside all your freewill offerings, which ye give unto the Lord.

Deutoronomy 12:11- Then there shall be a place which the Lord your God shall choose to cause his name to dwell there; thither shall ye bring all that i command you; your burnt offerings, and your sacrifices, your tithes, and the heave offering of your hand, and all your choice vows which ye vow unto the Lord.

New testament:

Luke 21:4- For all these have out of their abundance cast in unto the offerings of God: but she of her penury hath cast in all the living that she had (Note that Christ says that the woman gave all that she had to live on)

Please the list is endless. This is just a few that I can type out. Not to forget MALACHI 3:8

Please note that offerings and tithe is voluntary, just as the choice of heaven and hell is. Christianity is a choice religion and not compulsion. If you are not ready to give offerings/tithes, why not simply let it be, it does no good discouraging others. Don't be an anti christ by your actions and inactions.

The blessings of God in my life is so abundant that I do not even think that I have given enough to the church, which remains the body of christ. The secret of it is that from the little I have given, God has blessed me in millions.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by kolaish(m): 10:23am On Oct 03, 2016
Teniolasmart:
TITHE: Numbers 18:24, 26,28. Deutoronomy 12:6, 14:22,23. Nehemiah 10:37, 13:12 Hebrews 7:5,6
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by Teniolasmart: 10:39am On Oct 03, 2016
kolaish:
TITHE: Numbers 18:24, 26,28. Deutoronomy 12:6, 14:22,23. Nehemiah 10:37, 13:12 Hebrews 7:5,6
k thanks
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 10:55am On Oct 03, 2016
otem4eartum:
When did you finally realise this truth? Congrats man, u realised it earlier than Oarolaoye and Jacksonville. Once again I say Congrats!!!
The truth, my dear, is Jesus.
When i met Jesus not the one christians claim to follow. Tithes and offerings are minor in following Jesus.
You can check my post on Some of the beliefs of disciples of Jesus
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 11:01am On Oct 03, 2016
otem4eartum:
This is not the major. The major thing is to follow Jesus. Follow what He says not giving excuses like christians do. Jesus is the way to the Father and not Christianity
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 11:09am On Oct 03, 2016
kolaish:
Lol.
It was a Jewish practice. Did Jesus drop any offering or did He disciples?
What do God need your money for?
Pastors get enriched by your offerings and tithes.
God is not hungry nor does He need money to buy anything.
I'm sorry you can't see because the God of Christianity (definitely not God, the Father of Jesus) has blinded your eyes
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 11:13am On Oct 03, 2016
kolaish:
Do you know that Judas (Jesus disciple) use to help himself from the offerings box? Did Jesus not know these? But what happened to him thereafter and how did he finish his ministry? You can see by yourself that God is never asleep. Can you remember what God did to Eli because of the way wardness of his children? For me, I will rather pray for any person doing such things you mentioned to repent rather than calling them .... because through that you are rather discouraging people from rendering their financial duty to the church and thereby blocking their blessings.
Your level of dumbness as a christian is very critical.
Offering box? Was it recorded that Jesus collected offering.
Church, Christianity and its beliefs are evil because they are not founded in Jesus.
Christians enjoys disobeying Jesus. They love cherry-picking

1 Like

Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 11:16am On Oct 03, 2016
beautygboel:

Judge?
What's judging?
If you call a spade a spade, are you judging?
What name do you give someone you find stealing or duping innocent people
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 11:20am On Oct 03, 2016
Amberon:
Christianity is not by force. If you're an atheist, remain one. If you call yourself a church goer don't give offerings or tithes. It don't concern nobody.
If you someone taking a wrong path, what will you do?
What will you do when you see a person playing a poison snake ignorantly? Won't you help? Won't you educate?
I don't know, you could be heartless
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 11:24am On Oct 03, 2016
Lennycool:

Abeg grin who judge pass? No be Christians and there pastors. I heard RCCG pastor has a millionaire club, for those that have given him up to a million naira.
I'm not against people begging. I'm against exploiting innocents in the name of God.
Adeboye and others are legal 419
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by promise101: 11:55am On Oct 03, 2016
rexben:
The truth, my dear, is Jesus.
When i met Jesus not the one christians claim to follow. Tithes and offerings are minor in following Jesus.
You can check my post on Some of the beliefs of disciples of Jesus
Thank God you know this!

People need to understand the difference between moses(old testament and laws) and Jesus(NT and GRaCE).

I will be investing more on grace teaching these days!
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by Amberon: 12:39pm On Oct 03, 2016
Willful giving never hurt nobody. What they do with the tithes and offerings is between them and God. If I find out my pastor is a fraud, i'll simply leave the church. As Christians, it is our obligation to give.
rexben:
If you someone taking a wrong path, what will you do?
What will you do when you see a person playing a poison snake ignorantly? Won't you help? Won't you educate?
I don't know, you could be heartless

1 Like

Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 6:24pm On Oct 03, 2016
promise101:

Thank God you know this!

People need to understand the difference between moses(old testament and laws) and Jesus(NT and GRaCE).

I will be investing more on grace teaching these days!
What's grace teaching?
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 6:26pm On Oct 03, 2016
Amberon:
Willful giving never hurt nobody. What they do with the tithes and offerings is between them and God. If I find out my pastor is a fraud, i'll simply leave the church. As Christians, it is our obligation to give.
When i say "all pastors", i mean all pastors including your local pastor.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by kolaish(m): 6:40pm On Oct 03, 2016
rexben:
Your level of dumbness as a christian is very critical.
Offering box? Was it recorded that Jesus collected offering.
Church, Christianity and its beliefs are evil because they are not founded in Jesus.
Christians enjoys disobeying Jesus. They love cherry-picking
thank you very much for the abuse. May God forgive you.
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 6:51pm On Oct 03, 2016
kolaish:
thank you very much for the abuse. May God forgive you.
I'm not abusing you, haba

1 Like

Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by promise101: 7:05pm On Oct 03, 2016
rexben:
What's grace teaching?
The gospel of grace is a gospel that unveils the death of Jesus, burial and resurrection on our behalf. And what it has to offer.
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by waldigit: 2:55am On Oct 04, 2016
rexben:

Their is nothing wrong in giving tithe and offering.The only thing the present day Church got wrong about giving is the idea of MONETISING giving. Giving signify love. And love is the fulfilment of Law. But today, the mordern churches place emphasis on monetary giving as if it is all in all about giving.
This is where the idea of tithe and offering became a god to people.
An old woman who prays or sweep the floor of the church will not have her name on tither list and is rated low comapared to an MD who hardly have time for what is going on in the church but sends fat tithe each month.
But all these are men principles and not Gods.
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by elektra(f): 5:09am On Oct 04, 2016
kolaish:

God's blessings are not tied to how much money you give to the church. Release yourself from these leis your pastors have told you. The Lord's blessings are as free as air.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 12:06pm On Oct 04, 2016
waldigit:

Their is nothing wrong in giving tithe and offering.The only thing the present day Church got wrong about giving is the idea of MONETISING giving. Giving signify love. And love is the fulfilment of Law. But today, the mordern churches place emphasis on monetary giving as if it is all in all about giving.
This is where the idea of tithe and offering became a god to people.
An old woman who prays or sweep the floor of the church will not have her name on tither list and is rated low comapared to an MD who hardly have time for what is going on in the church but sends fat tithe each month.
But all these are men principles and not Gods.
I clearly understand your perspective.
The point is that Christianity does not originates from Jesus neither God. Almost all christians activities are complete disobedience to Jesus' teachings. The likes of prayer, tithing pastoring, leadership etc.
To follow Jesus, you can't remain a Christian

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Church Wedding Scriptural Or Just The White-man's Tradition / Was Eve Really A Woman? / See The Hair Style Pastor Adeboyes Son And His Wife Make That Spake Up Reaction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.