Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,095 members, 7,821,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Adeboye And Others Are Thieves - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye And Others Are Thieves (5766 Views)

Folu Adeboye And Faith Oyedepo Pictured Together / Why Is Daddy Freeze Focused On Adeboye And Not TB Joshua? / Pastor Adeboye And His Wife At Tony Rapu's Wedding (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 12:11pm On Oct 04, 2016
promise101:

The gospel of grace is a gospel that unveils the death of Jesus, burial and resurrection on our behalf. And what it has to offer.

Jesus did not die on behalf of people.
He "died" ahead of us not instead of us.
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by flexis(m): 2:08pm On Oct 04, 2016
Thank God d op quoted Mal.3:10. It was God speakig there. When 'Genuine pastors' ask u to give in church, its actually for ur own good. God doesnt necessary need ur money. I understand ur point though, but there re other places that d money given by the church are channeled to like say missionary work. So giving in the church is a blessing nd priviledge if done cheerfully cool
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by kolaish(m): 7:08pm On Oct 04, 2016
elektra:

God's blessings are not tied to how much money you give to the church. Release yourself from these leis your pastors have told you. The Lord's blessings are as free as air.
I have said it before and i am repeating it again, christianity and giving in church is voluntary and not compulsion. I know what I have got from giving, not only to churches but to charity and others who are in need and of course I know how God has blessed me enormously for it. Can you know me more than I know myself? Do what you think is best for yourself, if you feel it is good for you. For me and my house, I will never stop giving, either to the church or to those in need. BLESSED IS THE HAND THAT GIVETH.
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by kolaish(m): 7:19pm On Oct 04, 2016
elektra:

God's blessings are not tied to how much money you give to the church. Release yourself from these leis your pastors have told you. The Lord's blessings are as free as air.
No pastor is telling me any lies. I know quite well that the church of God needs money to build or expand as the case may be. The church can never stands that beautiful without financial inputs from members like me and others worshiping there. How on earth can i be living in a beautiful house and then God's temple where I am worshiping is like a deserted or unkempt place? I must emphasize however that my pastor does not take any kobo from our offering box like you people are suggesting (if other pastors are stealing from offering box, that is their problem and not mine). Rather, he has his work and contributes to the church purse and encourage church members to help other members in need.

Please note that not all church are fraudulent or is it because they don't announce the good work they have been doing; which of course may be termed as hypocrisy by unbelievers.
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by kolaish(m): 7:31pm On Oct 04, 2016
elektra:

Again, please note that I am not giving to church or the needy because of God's blessing alone. I WAS CREATED BY GOD TO WORSHIP HIM. I desires to worship God with all that I have; body, soul and spirit.
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by Amberon: 11:48pm On Oct 04, 2016
Lol... You must know everyone in the world then? What you doing in Nigeria tho? You should work with the CIA... That way you'd rid the world of crime since you know everything.
rexben:
When i say "all pastors", i mean all pastors including your local pastor.
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 12:07pm On Oct 05, 2016
Amberon:
Lol... You must know everyone in the world then? What you doing in Nigeria tho? You should work with the CIA... That way you'd rid the world of crime since you know everything.
The configuration of a pastor makes him or her to collect tithes and offerings in the name of God.
Most pastors don't know that what they are doing is wrong. God did not ask anybody to exploit anybody. Giving should be done out of free will and even to the poor, those that can't pay you back.
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by Amberon: 12:26pm On Oct 05, 2016
Everyone who gives money in the church does so out of free will.

Do you even know most of the tithes and offerings go? I take the SCOAN for example. Do you know that few years ago, he gave out over 10m to paralympic athletes who represented Nigeria at the Olympics? Do you know that he sponsors hundreds of students to some of the best universities in the world? Do you know that he has thousands of students on his pay check? Do you know that he bought 2 transformers for the ikotun residents some years back and always changes it whenever it gets bad?

Do you also know that he has a football club where young players talents are harnessed? Do you know that Ogenyi Onazi and Sani Emmanuel are a product of his football club? Do you even know every Monday there is counseling where the church calls on all those who needs assistance to make their plight known to them so they could help?

Do you know that MFM church gave N90m to first class graduates attending the church? Do you know that pastor Chris gifted his saxophonist N100m?? Do you he gave his drummer a geep worth $50,000usd? Do you know that Pastor Chris also gave N1bn (one billion) to Benson Idahosa University??

Pls stop this campaign of calumny. What has atheists done for the Nigerian society?,
rexben:
The configuration of a pastor makes him or her to collect tithes and offerings in the name of God.
Most pastors don't know that what they are doing is wrong. God did not ask anybody to exploit anybody. Giving should be done out of free will and even to the poor, those that can't pay you back.
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 9:55pm On Oct 05, 2016
Amberon:
Everyone who gives money in the church does so out of free will.

Do you even know most of the tithes and offerings go? I take the SCOAN for example. Do you know that few years ago, he gave out over 10m to paralympic athletes who represented Nigeria at the Olympics? Do you know that he sponsors hundreds of students to some of the best universities in the world? Do you know that he has thousands of students on his pay check? Do you know that he bought 2 transformers for the ikotun residents some years back and always changes it whenever it gets bad?

Do you also know that he has a football club where young players talents are harnessed? Do you know that Ogenyi Onazi and Sani Emmanuel are a product of his football club? Do you even know every Monday there is counseling where the church calls on all those who needs assistance to make their plight known to them so they could help?

Do you know that MFM church gave N90m to first class graduates attending the church? Do you know that pastor Chris gifted his saxophonist N100m?? Do you he gave his drummer a geep worth $50,000usd? Do you know that Pastor Chris also gave N1bn (one billion) to Benson Idahosa University??

Pls stop this campaign of calumny. What has atheists done for the Nigerian society?,
First off, I'm not an atheist, i am a follower of Jesus.
A bad thing is bad not because it is harmful but because it is bad.
Same goes with collecting tithes and offerings in the name of God.
I don't care. I repeat, i don't care about what tiny good they do with the money.
Out of 100% they exploit people of, they give the max of 10% to the poor as you claimed.
Who are they deceiving? God? it is not possible. Me? It is not possible. You? It is highly possible.
Quit defending the bad thing and follow Jesus, forsaking all and do all He commands
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by Amberon: 10:54pm On Oct 05, 2016
I'm yet to understand what the issue is here. Look, you are only deceiving yourself. You're not a Christian. Giving tithes and offerings is very biblical and if you're against it, then simply don't give. No one ever made it mandatory. Everything about Christianity is centered in free will and there is absolutely nothing wrong in giving offerings and tithes.

Also, no Christian would even think it wrong that a man shouldn't be the head of the home.
This is my last quote to you.

Bye atheist.
rexben:
First off, I'm not an atheist, i am a follower of Jesus.
A bad thing is bad not because it is harmful but because it is bad.
Same goes with collecting tithes and offerings in the name of God.
I don't care. I repeat, i don't care about what tiny good they do with the money.
Out of 100% they exploit people of, they give the max of 10% to the poor as you claimed.
Who are they deceiving? God? it is not possible. Me? It is not possible. You? It is highly possible.
Quit defending the bad thing and follow Jesus, forsaking all and do all He commands
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 12:09am On Oct 07, 2016
Amberon:
I'm yet to understand what the issue is here. Look, you are only deceiving yourself. You're not a Christian. Giving tithes and offerings is very biblical and if you're against it, then simply don't give. No one ever made it mandatory. Everything about Christianity is centered in free will and there is absolutely nothing wrong in giving offerings and tithes.

Also, no Christian would even think it wrong that a man shouldn't be the head of the home.
This is my last quote to you.

Bye atheist.
Freewill? Adeboye said those that do not pay tithes should be allowed to marry in RCCG, will you call that freewill?
Thank God you know that I am a Christian. I'm a disciple of Jesus.
Giving should be done towards the poor and not towards the rich e.g GOs
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by Amberon: 4:35am On Oct 07, 2016
It is his church, anyone can say anything. He doesn't force people to give tithes. If anyone isn't comfortable with that, they're free to leave the church. I know so many people who don't pay tithes but have gotten married in a redeemed church and one is even marrying there soon.

Yeah right... A christian who believes a woman should head the home.
rexben:
Freewill? Adeboye said those that do not pay tithes should be allowed to marry in RCCG, will you call that freewill?
Thank God you know that I am a Christian. I'm a disciple of Jesus.
Giving should be done towards the poor and not towards the rich e.g GOs
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by smartograpy(m): 6:28am On Oct 07, 2016
rexben:
Anybody that tells you that God needs your money is a liar and a thief.
God needs your obedience to His commandments.
If you will give, give to those that don't have, those that can't give you back Luke 14:13-14
Don't give to a church, you're just enriching your GO's bank account.
They lie that you're giving to the work of God. Pls, which work of God are they saying?
God never asked anybody to build any church for Him.
Any pastor that ask you to bring tithe and offerings to church is a thief.
The whole essence of giving is to the poor, strangers, destitute, orphans, widows and not to Pastors or to church.
They say when you give God the tenth percent of your income, God will bless you back.
God is never interested in your money, all He's interested is your soul. Anybody that tells you otherwise is a thief. Matt 16:26
Adeboye encourages people to sow or give to RCCG because it is a fertile land. All I see is a businessman advertising His company or business to people.
Bring the entire tithe into the storehouse so that there may be food in my temple. Test me in this matter," says the Lord who rules over all, "to see if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until there is no room for it all.
Mal 3:10
Storehouse is place in the temple where food are kept for the poor, foreigners, widows.
Is your church a storehouse? Why do you take your tithe to church?
The poor are not even to partake out of the tithe,it is always forwarded to the church account.
The only money the poor is entitled is the welfare's offering and not tithes.
How many of you are giving to the poor? You rather give to your pastor or sow it as a seed for the construction of the 3m by 3m auditorium. Something God did not ask him to build.
this op is really foolish for this trend and i knew that you are creating this trend to gain cheap likes and attention where did you even get the idea that Adeboye is using church's money to buy jets and build mansions?the thites and offering collection is a world wide practise and dont forget that Jesus himself paid offering in the temple. Adeboye is using the thites and offering to buld aditorium,universities,and schools.come to the redemption camp and see projects-roods construction speakers chairs bathroms hostels for all the pastors and many others.Do you know the numbers of pastors that are working under RCCG?and they are paid a good amount of money, in the annual convention or congress foods and meat are served freely to the worshipers for seven days and at least u should know the number of people that worship at the redemption camp.also during this periods transportation is free all over the country also there is electricity 24/7 using generators lastly RCCG always give food to prisonals every week
Did all these not require money?of coarse they do will God pour money from above? That is what thites and offering are used for.even in your church dont they buy things to church or dont you on generators during service? And the pastors will feed his family.am very sure that if your Dad is a pastor you would not write this crap
Can you see that God needs our money so stop being foolish and confussing people.Adeboye is not a thief he is a man of God.retract your statement and ask for forgiveness from babaGod we are not paying thites to the GO bank's account
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 1:31pm On Oct 07, 2016
Amberon:
It is his church, anyone can say anything. He doesn't force people to give tithes. If anyone isn't comfortable with that, they're free to leave the church. I know so many people who don't pay tithes but have gotten married in a redeemed church and one is even marrying there soon.

Yeah right... A christian who believes a woman should head the home.
Adeboye's church? I thought they call it the church of God. Lobatan
Case closed.
I want to educate you as a way of saying goodbye. RCCG is not Adeboye's, it was founded by Pa. Akindayomi
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 2:08pm On Oct 07, 2016
smartograpy:
this op is really foolish for this trend and i knew that you are creating this trend to gain cheap likes and attention where did you even get the idea that Adeboye is using church's money to buy jets and build mansions?the thites and offering collection is a world wide practise and dont forget that Jesus himself paid offering in the temple. Adeboye is using the thites and offering to buld aditorium,universities,and schools.come to the redemption camp and see projects-roods construction speakers chairs bathroms hostels for all the pastors and many others.Do you know the numbers of pastors that are working under RCCG?and they are paid a good amount of money, in the annual convention or congress foods and meat are served freely to the worshipers for seven days and at least u should know the number of people that worship at the redemption camp.also during this periods transportation is free all over the country also there is electricity 24/7 using generators lastly RCCG always give food to prisonals every week
Did all these not require money?of coarse they do will God pour money from above? That is what thites and offering are used for.even in your church dont they buy things to church or dont you on generators during service? And the pastors will feed his family.am very sure that if your Dad is a pastor you would not write this crap
Can you see that God needs our money so stop being foolish and confussing people.Adeboye is not a thief he is a man of God.retract your statement and ask for forgiveness from babaGod we are not paying thites to the GO bank's account
Being a world wide practice does not make it right.
Pls i need bible references where Jesus paid offering.
Who sent Adeboye to build church, schools etc.? It's not God.
Offerings and tithes was a Jewish tradition, how many Jewish traditions are christians practising this day? They cherry-picked.
Offerings and tithes was brought to the temple to be stored in the storehouse for the poor, foreigners etc.
I will ask you, is your redemption camp a storehouse?
Or your local assembly a storehouse?
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by Amberon: 2:21pm On Oct 07, 2016
Don't flatter yourself, I knew that. Adeboye is the G.O and the head of R.C.C.G. if you don't like his church or any other church where offerings are given, simply don't go.
rexben:
Adeboye's church? I thought they call it the church of God. Lobatan
Case closed.
I want to educate you as a way of saying goodbye. RCCG is not Adeboye's, it was founded by Pa. Akindayomi
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by blueAgent(m): 2:57pm On Oct 07, 2016
rexben:
I clearly understand your perspective.
The point is that Christianity does not originates from Jesus neither God. Almost all christians activities are complete disobedience to Jesus' teachings. The likes of prayer, tithing pastoring, leadership etc.
To follow Jesus, you can't remain a Christian

Your mission is to cause more confusion in Christaindom. So prayer and tithing are now bad? you really need Christ.
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by Nicogen4us(f): 3:00pm On Oct 07, 2016
Lennycool:

Abeg grin who judge pass? No be Christians and there pastors. I heard RCCG pastor has a millionaire club, for those that have given him up to a million naira.
See the way you talk. As a person defending an issue, now saying I heard but not confirm the matter. I pity you and your sacadelic believes.
Bible says my people are perish bcoz of lack of knowledge.
What I will just tell you is Everything about God is based on principles and it is only when you understand the principle you can understand God's mind. Ask God for wisdom, Knowledge and understanding. One of it cannot work without the others.
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by Princewell2012(m): 3:04pm On Oct 07, 2016
kolaish:
Oga! please take it easy o. Calling people of those calibre thieves is not a good thing to say. You can admonish them but certainly not calling them thieves, God should rather be the judge and not you; if they are really what you call them, then let God be the judge, God is never asleep.

The issue of offering in the church is a routine and a must for christians. Remember Jesus comments on the widow's mite. Have you taken time to ask where the offering was taken place before Jesus saw what the widow dropped in the offering box? It is in the temple which is now re-christened as church. Remember that if people did not bring their offerings, how will they build the church buildings that people now worship in, take care of its administrative running and maintenance. Some pastors are full time pastors, how will they feed themselves and their family?

Though I am never in support of any pastor buying jets and building mansions from offerings and tithes, but be rest assured that the highest any man can leave on earth is 120 years, then judgement. It will be worse for those who stole from God than those that did not know God at all.

I will like to use this opportunity to reach out to any pastor reading this comment to take the church as God's temple and not personal business. Issues of finance should be left in the hands of someone appointed by the church council and not by the pastor, as it is making God's people to turn away from churches. I must however say that my pastor is an exception, he works and contributes to the church purse and to the members' welfare. An exemplary leader, May God bless him.

Pls can I know him? I would like to him thank you.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by Princewell2012(m): 3:20pm On Oct 07, 2016
kolaish:
My brother, only God is knowledgeable. consider the following bible verses:

Exodus 36:3 - And they received of Moses all the offering, which the children of israel had brought for the work of the service of the sanctuary, to make it withal, And they brought yet unto him free offerings every morning.

Leviticus 5:12, 7:13, 7:29, 7:32, 17:15, 22:18, 23:28- Besides the sabbath of he Lord, and beside your gifts, and beside all your vows, and beside all your freewill offerings, which ye give unto the Lord.

Deutoronomy 12:11- Then there shall be a place which the Lord your God shall choose to cause his name to dwell there; thither shall ye bring all that i command you; your burnt offerings, and your sacrifices, your tithes, and the heave offering of your hand, and all your choice vows which ye vow unto the Lord.

New testament:

Luke 21:4- For all these have out of their abundance cast in unto the offerings of God: but she of her penury hath cast in all the living that she had (Note that Christ says that the woman gave all that she had to live on)

Please the list is endless. This is just a few that I can type out. Not to forget MALACHI 3:8

Please note that offerings and tithe is voluntary, just as the choice of heaven and hell is. Christianity is a choice religion and not compulsion. If you are not ready to give offerings/tithes, why not simply let it be, it does no good discouraging others. Don't be an anti christ by your actions and inactions.

The blessings of God in my life is so abundant that I do not even think that I have given enough to the church, which remains the body of christ. The secret of it is that from the little I have given, God has blessed me in millions.

Hmmm you only quoted one place in the new testament and you close the book. hmm
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 07, 2016
The title of this thread my be somehow but the content is amazing. I just love the scriptural references. I think I was directed here. Thank you very much OP.
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 07, 2016
rexben:
I clearly understand your perspective.
The point is that Christianity does not originates from Jesus neither God. Almost all christians activities are complete disobedience to Jesus' teachings. The likes of prayer, tithing pastoring, leadership etc.
To follow Jesus, you can't remain a Christian
I tell people that I'm not religious but "Jesusious" but they never know what I mean. I tell you the truth, Jesus is a hidden treasure which only few will find.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by Walelavender(m): 4:08pm On Oct 07, 2016
This thread is incoherent and ludicrous. Spewing this gibberish amazes me. Nothing is going to stop this doctrine in the heart of those who have reliance and confidence in it.
Your effort in calling out Pas. E.A Adeboye and others is laughable and total waste of time.
The TRUTH can only make you free....
Ranting won't, OP grin
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by smartograpy(m): 5:44pm On Oct 07, 2016
rexben:
Being a world wide practice does not make it right.
Pls i need bible references where Jesus paid offering.
Who sent Adeboye to build church, schools etc.? It's not God.
Offerings and tithes was a Jewish tradition, how many Jewish traditions are christians practising this day? They cherry-picked.
Offerings and tithes was brought to the temple to be stored in the storehouse for the poor, foreigners etc.
I will ask you, is your redemption camp a storehouse?
Or your local assembly a storehouse?
Jusus paid offering did you read it in your bible where Jesus sent peter to go and catch a fish and open it's mouth and bring the money to him and he use that to pay offering according to the story he paid just to satisfy thoes critisicing him.
But bro you cant compare the days of jesus to this present day.Back then there is no need to fuel generators,buy chairs and decorate the church.paying of thites and offering is very important and dont forget a saying in yoruba which says"owo ni keke iyinrere" which means money propagates the spreading of the gospel
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by kolaish(m): 7:13pm On Oct 07, 2016
Princewell2012:

Hmmm you only quoted one place in the new testament and you close the book. hmm
I am a very busy man. You can please help out with the other places where other quotations are stated. Abi I no try.
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by Princewell2012(m): 1:02pm On Oct 08, 2016
kolaish:
I am a very busy man. You can please help out with the other places where other quotations are stated. Abi I no try.

My brother lets say the truth and let devil be ashamed.

Tithing is not supported in the new testament, and that's why you have no quotation to back it up, nobody is a baby here, and we all knows what is going on.

If tithing is important for Christians Jesus would have emphasis on it. Check from Matthew to revelation if you could see where he emphasis on it.

Even the only one you put up there is about offering and never a tithe. And Matthew 23;23 was even woeing the pharisees who pays tithes and leave other important things undone.

Yes it works for you.

This another issue entirely, because something works for you financially does not make it acceptable by God.
How about yahoo yahoo boys, does it not works for them and they were making money from it, does it means it is acceptable by God?

If i received fifty thousand naira and give out five thousand to God, does that make me a giver? But if i was able to give half of it, i still try, but when i gave 70 to 80 percent that's what they call a giver. Believe me Christians are givers, and that's one of the the characters of Jesus and we have to emulate him.

Christianity does not encourage stinginess or greediness that's what people don't know.
They believe that since i don't pay tithe, then am greedy or don't like God. That's not true. I have once given my whole salary before, it was a vow i made and i have to fulfiled it. A stingy person can not do that.

Why do we have much ministers today?

Some will retire from their places of work only to tell you that i was working as a banker or whatever before God call me. So that it will looks as if they truly Love God.

Remove tithes and offering from churches today and see how many minister that is going to remain.

If these money were even utilized properly in the right channel there shouldn't be any problem.

All these money they were using in building largest auditorium sky crapers, magnificent and gigantic building were use to elevate the poor brethrens, let us even leave the poor unbelievers alone for now, am even talking about the poor brethren among us, there wouldn't have been any problem.

There is only one church i have discovered now which help her poor members, when i was searching for a right church God introduce that church to me, i tested them physically and spiritually but they past my test. So i have decided to worship there now as my home church though they collects tithe but i don't have a choice since it is God who showed me the church. And their name is Trinity house. Headed by pastor itua igodalu. You can Google it. Am an evangelist and of all the churches i have ever attended this one is the best. So i have choosed it as my home and family church. Even in that revelation i was trying to leave the church for one or two reasons but one huge and tall man blocked me from going out and drag me back to the front sit, initially i was even sitting at the back.
So when i wake up i realise the person that draw me back from leaving there was Jesus.

That's why i have no other choice than to continue with them.

You may think i have been worshiping with them for long from the way am talking now, but i have only attended their once which was last Sunday.

If it was not God who draws me back, i would have been saying a different things now.

A pastor wanted me to assist him as his second person when he notice my anointing in one of the minister meeting we attended together, but that day i was oppotuned to minister the word as the spirit gave me utterance...

But after he invited me to his church which he also gave me the opportunity to minister that very day. But after i sleep God gave me a revelation of the foundation of the church which is not palatable atall. But since then he has been calling my number but i refuse to pick or go back their neither do i tell him why i refuse to embrace such a juicy appointment, this church is a big church, so if i was only looking for money i wouldn't have left such a place.

Ps. Pls don't judge me the way i types, am not good in typing.

I don't want to say more than this.

God bless you sir.
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by kolaish(m): 6:43pm On Oct 08, 2016
Princewell2012:

My brother lets say the truth and let devil be ashamed.

Tithing is not supported in the new testament, and that's why you have no quotation to back it up, nobody is a baby here, and we all knows what is going on.

If tithing is important for Christians Jesus would have emphasis on it. Check from Matthew to revelation if you could see where he emphasis on it.

Even the only one you put up there is about offering and never a tithe. And Matthew 23;23 was even woeing the pharisees who pays tithes and leave other important things undone.

Yes it works for you.

This another issue entirely, because something works for you financially does not make it acceptable by God.
How about yahoo yahoo boys, does it not works for them and they were making money from it, does it means it is acceptable by God?

If i received fifty thousand naira and give out five thousand to God, does that make me a giver? But if i was able to give half of it, i still try, but when i gave 70 to 80 percent that's what they call a giver. Believe me Christians are givers, and that's one of the the characters of Jesus and we have to emulate him.

Christianity does not encourage stinginess or greediness that's what people don't know.
They believe that since i don't pay tithe, then am greedy or don't like God. That's not true. I have once given my whole salary before, it was a vow i made and i have to fulfiled it. A stingy person can not do that.

Why do we have much ministers today?

Some will retire from their places of work only to tell you that i was working as a banker or whatever before God call me. So that it will looks as if they truly Love God.

Remove tithes and offering from churches today and see how many minister that is going to remain.

If these money were even utilized properly in the right channel there shouldn't be any problem.

All these money they were using in building largest auditorium sky crapers, magnificent and gigantic building were use to elevate the poor brethrens, let us even leave the poor unbelievers alone for now, am even talking about the poor brethren among us, there wouldn't have been any problem.

There is only one church i have discovered now which help her poor members, when i was searching for a right church God introduce that church to me, i tested them physically and spiritually but they past my test. So i have decided to worship there now as my home church though they collects tithe but i don't have a choice since it is God who showed me the church. And their name is Trinity house. Headed by pastor itua igodalu. You can Google it. Am an evangelist and of all the churches i have ever attended this one is the best. So i have choosed it as my home and family church. Even in that revelation i was trying to leave the church for one or two reasons but one huge and tall man blocked me from going out and drag me back to the front sit, initially i was even sitting at the back.
So when i wake up i realise the person that draw me back from leaving there was Jesus.

That's why i have no other choice than to continue with them.

You may think i have been worshiping with them for long from the way am talking now, but i have only attended their once which was last Sunday.

If it was not God who draws me back, i would have been saying a different things now.

A pastor wanted me to assist him as his second person when he notice my anointing in one of the minister meeting we attended together, but that day i was oppotuned to minister the word as the spirit gave me utterance...

But after he invited me to his church which he also gave me the opportunity to minister that very day. But after i sleep God gave me a revelation of the foundation of the church which is not palatable atall. But since then he has been calling my number but i refuse to pick or go back their neither do i tell him why i refuse to embrace such a juicy appointment, this church is a big church, so if i was only looking for money i wouldn't have left such a place.

Ps. Pls don't judge me the way i types, am not good in typing.

I don't want to say more than this.

God bless you sir.
Just saw your comments now as i entered. Good talk. We are all learning. But you talk about wooing the pharisee on tithing; In the context of that message, not that tithing was condemned but that they tithe and still not give their heart to God wholly. The fact that Jesus did not emphasize on tithing does not mean that tithing is wrong. Great men of God in the bible gave their tithes; from Abraham to Jacob and others. If we look at it very well, who owns us and all our substance and who gave us the power to be rich (God). It is unfortunate that pastors of this day misuse it for their own selfish interest, tithes are meant to ensure that their is plenty to eat in the house of God (Church) for the needy. Though their is also a certain percentage for the priest (may be pastor). Remember that some of them represents the Levites of our time and are full time pastors.

Good a thing you found a good church. I am not deterred by fake pastors, the bible told us that some wolf will come in sheep's clothing. My church is not one of them. In fact, there was a time my pastor sold his personal car to buy bus for the church for envangelism. I'll stop for now.
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 10:07am On Oct 09, 2016
flexis:
Thank God d op quoted Mal.3:10. It was God speakig there. When 'Genuine pastors' ask u to give in church, its actually for ur own good. God doesnt necessary need ur money. I understand ur point though, but there re other places that d money given by the church are channeled to like say missionary work. So giving in the church is a blessing nd priviledge if done cheerfully cool
I don't know why people don't learn. When they read, they only see what they want to see.
Pastors asking you to give to God' s work is totally wrong. Pastors should stop exploiting people in the name of God.
Tithes and offerings are collected by the priests and it is a Jewish tradition.
Is your pastor a Levite or are you a Jew?
How many other Jewish traditions are you practising?
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 10:08am On Oct 09, 2016
Amberon:
Don't flatter yourself, I knew that. Adeboye is the G.O and the head of R.C.C.G. if you don't like his church or any other church where offerings are given, simply don't go.
I'm not a Christian. I don't go to church
I'm a disciple of Jesus.
You can check my trend on SOME OF THE BELIEFS OF THE DISCIPLES OF JESUS.
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 10:09am On Oct 09, 2016
smartograpy:
Jusus paid offering did you read it in your bible where Jesus sent peter to go and catch a fish and open it's mouth and bring the money to him and he use that to pay offering according to the story he paid just to satisfy thoes critisicing him.
But bro you cant compare the days of jesus to this present day.Back then there is no need to fuel generators,buy chairs and decorate the church.paying of thites and offering is very important and dont forget a saying in yoruba which says"owo ni keke iyinrere" which means money propagates the spreading of the gospel
That's not offering oo. It's tax and not offering.
The kingdom of God does not need money to expand.
Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 10:10am On Oct 09, 2016
blueAgent:

Your mission is to cause more confusion in Christaindom. So prayer and tithing are now bad? you really need Christ.
Tithing is a complete Jewish thing. Are you a Jew or is your pastor or a levite?
And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
Matt 6:5-6 KJV
I wonder why christians don't see this. Jesus said whenever you want to pray, go into your closet. Do not pray in the open but in the secret.
Christians enjoy disobeying Jesus, they pray in the synagogues (churches, campgrounds), also on the streets (prayer walks).
If you pray in the open (as Christians do), you have received your reward. If you pray in the secret (as Jesus taught), God will reward you.
I enjoin you today to start believing in Jesus words and don't give excuses because of the love for your life.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye And Others Are Thieves by rexben(m): 10:11am On Oct 09, 2016
Jesuobu:
I tell people that I'm not religious but "Jesusious" but they never know what I mean. I tell you the truth, Jesus is a hidden treasure which only few will find.
But the gate is narrow and the way is difficult that leads to life, and there are few who find it.
Matt 7:14

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Battling With Sin And The World As A Christian / Jesus, Parsifal & Abdrushin - Questions For M_nwankwo / How To Avoid Distractions In Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.