Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,085 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

Bet U Wouldn't Av Known Wat To Say Even If U Claim To Be A Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bet U Wouldn't Av Known Wat To Say Even If U Claim To Be A Christian (634 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More / Why A Christian Girl Converted To Islam (Photo) / Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bet U Wouldn't Av Known Wat To Say Even If U Claim To Be A Christian by brandon180(m): 8:46pm On Oct 02, 2016
I av a friend.. strong atheist nothing u say can prove to dis gal that God exists... today while coming back from church she met me on d road...and after d usual mocking.... she told Me she could prove to me that God doesn't exist...told her to go on..
this is how d conversation went..
she:..wat u see n wat u hear or read which one do u believe..
me: wat I see
she: av u Eva seen God..
I already knew were she was heading...
me: no
.she: so hw can u believe in someone u ve not seen b4..
wat will be ur reply if u were in my shoes.
Re: Bet U Wouldn't Av Known Wat To Say Even If U Claim To Be A Christian by analice107: 11:22pm On Oct 02, 2016
brandon180:
I av a friend.. strong atheist nothing u say can prove to dis gal that God exists... today while coming back from church she met me on d road...and after d usual mocking.... she told Me she could prove to me that God doesn't exist...told her to go on..

She is not here now. So, lets start with you, what was ur reply to her? Remember you are a Christian coming back from church. And the Bible enjoins all Christians to study to show themselves approved.

What was your responds?
Re: Bet U Wouldn't Av Known Wat To Say Even If U Claim To Be A Christian by MuttleyLaff: 2:12am On Oct 03, 2016
brandon180:
she: so hw can u believe in someone u ve not seen b4..
wat will be ur reply if u were in my shoes
If in your shoes, reply would be:
indeed, our lives are guided by faith, not by sight, and followed with the parody below

She: What you see and what you hear or read, which one do you believe?
You: What I see
She: Have you ever seen my brain?
You: no, as I already knew were she was heading...
She: so how can you believe I have a brain when you've not seen it before?
You: It will be a toss between having to be guided by faith, and not by sight
or having to wack you strong enough in the head to see whether you really do have brains or grey matter inside it
The first, is a safer choice to make

Jesus said to Thomas,
"You believe because you've seen me. Blessed are those who haven't seen me but believe."

- John 20:29

2 Likes

Re: Bet U Wouldn't Av Known Wat To Say Even If U Claim To Be A Christian by otem4eartum: 6:53am On Oct 03, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
indeed, our lives are guided by faith, not by sight, and followed with the parody below

or having to wack you strong enough in the head to see whether you really do have brains or grey matter inside it

Jesus said to Thomas,
"You believe because you've seen me. Blessed are those who haven't seen me but believe."

That isn't enough. Okay what about this?
What you see, or what you hear or what you read, which one do you believe?

Me: Have you ever seen Vishnu(Almighty God) of India?
You: No
Me: Have you ever seen Yahweh?
You: no
Me: So which of them do you believe as God and why?
Re: Bet U Wouldn't Av Known Wat To Say Even If U Claim To Be A Christian by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 03, 2016
MuttleyLaff:

Jesus said to Thomas,

They can Medical drill through your skull to prove you have a brain, or they can use an MRI machine. So your argument is baseless.
Re: Bet U Wouldn't Av Known Wat To Say Even If U Claim To Be A Christian by brandon180(m): 10:59am On Oct 03, 2016
my reply?...I jst laughed it off...couldn't come up with something at dats moment..
Re: Bet U Wouldn't Av Known Wat To Say Even If U Claim To Be A Christian by promise101: 11:50am On Oct 03, 2016
If I were you the OP, see how I would take it with here.

After she has asked me her question:

Me: must physical evidences be the ONLY basis of truth and concise knowledge?

She: yes!

Me: what is the name of your mum?

She: (she calls her name).

Me: how do you know she is really your mum?

She: she gave birth to me!!!

Me: did you see or have any video proof showing her giving birth to you in the labour room?

She: No I don't!

Me: then how did you know that she is really your mum?

She: my dad told me!

Me: your dad told you and gave you a video proof?

She: yes he told me but no video proof!

Me: why did you now believe him without any physical evidence like a video proof? Is that not a STUPID BLIND MENTAL ENSLAVEN FAITH?

She: erm.....(She is now confused!).
Re: Bet U Wouldn't Av Known Wat To Say Even If U Claim To Be A Christian by lilmax(m): 11:56am On Oct 03, 2016
tell her she needs encounter..... atheism proves God's existence undecided
Re: Bet U Wouldn't Av Known Wat To Say Even If U Claim To Be A Christian by Weah96: 12:06pm On Oct 03, 2016
brandon180:

Lol, but if you can HEAR him, then it means that he or someone with a male voice, is there. You don't have to SEE him. We have 5 senses.
Re: Bet U Wouldn't Av Known Wat To Say Even If U Claim To Be A Christian by brandon180(m): 1:34pm On Oct 03, 2016
promise101:
If I were you the OP, see how I would take it with here.

After she has asked me her question:

Me: must physical evidences be the ONLY basis of truth and concise knowledge?

She: yes!

Me: what is the name of your mum?

She: (she calls her name).

Me: how do you know she is really your mum?

She: she gave birth to me!!!

Me: did you see or have any video proof showing her giving birth to you in the labour room?

She: No I don't!

Me: then how did you know that she is really your mum?

She: my dad told me!

Me: your dad told you and gave you a video proof?

She: yes he told me but no video proof!

Me: why did you now believe him without any physical evidence like a video proof? Is that not a STUPID BLIND MENTAL ENSLAVEN FAITH?

She: erm.....(She is now confused!).

Lol..correct.
Re: Bet U Wouldn't Av Known Wat To Say Even If U Claim To Be A Christian by brandon180(m): 1:37pm On Oct 03, 2016
Weah96:

Lol, but if you can HEAR him, then it means that he or someone with a male voice, is there. You don't have to SEE him. We have 5 senses.
might I agree with u....BT den an atheist wouldn't take DAT for an answer...

(1) (Reply)

Catholic Cleric Says That God Is A Woman / A Prophecy That Will Actually Come True / Coercion Or Personal Choice?: The Reality Of Jehovah’s Witness Stance On Blood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.