Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,442 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Lady: "I Will Never Watch Nollywood Movies Again Because Of These" - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Lady: "I Will Never Watch Nollywood Movies Again Because Of These" (59184 Views)

Don't Miss Movies Again And Even WWE Latest Matches / Want To Start Watching Nigerian Movies Again. / 15 Nollywood Movies You Must See this year 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady: "I Will Never Watch Nollywood Movies Again Because Of These" by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 04, 2016
makydebbie:
Oga when next you feel like typing an epistle it shouldn't be to me.pls read my comment well. I emphasized on "gollywood"...I have no business with nollywood I defended my country smiley

U r as gullible as ur gollywood... must i mention ghana? I was adressing africans in general. I used nigeria as reference ...
Re: Lady: "I Will Never Watch Nollywood Movies Again Because Of These" by makydebbie(f): 6:40pm On Oct 04, 2016
Dilish007:

U r as gullible as ur gollywood... must i mention ghana? I was adressing africans in general. I used nigeria as reference ...
such a failed attempt to make sense....next!!!..
Re: Lady: "I Will Never Watch Nollywood Movies Again Because Of These" by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 04, 2016
MizMyColi:

I understand yousmiley

I know. smiley kiss

Per white movies, even at this age, there are some I don't bother watching no matter how interesting the storyline.

I was listening to something on youtube a few days ago and suddenly it was interrupted by an advert of a horror movie. The noise was so scary. I had to turn it off immediately and I felt strong anger at this invasion.

1 Like

Re: Lady: "I Will Never Watch Nollywood Movies Again Because Of These" by rhames(m): 6:54pm On Oct 04, 2016
Sometimes iut is not the culture they potray as demonic but themselves. The movie scripts are very shallo and reminds me of Garbage in Garbage out. I dont remember the last time I watched any Nollywood movie. But this is not a condemnation of the industry because there are still some standard script wtiters and producers who stand tall in the face of this. The movie industry in Nigeria lacks standards and its an all comers affair.

[b][/b]
Re: Lady: "I Will Never Watch Nollywood Movies Again Because Of These" by MizMyColi(f): 7:02pm On Oct 04, 2016
Mindfulness:

I know. smiley kiss

I was listening to something on youtube a few days ago and suddenly it was interrupted by an advert of a horror movie. The noise was so scary. I had to turn it off immediately and I felt strong anger at this invasion.

Y'know...
I think of you as stronger than I am when it comes to handling emotions.

So imagine what I'd do if I were in your shoesgrin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lady: "I Will Never Watch Nollywood Movies Again Because Of These" by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 04, 2016
makydebbie:
such a failed attempt to make sense....next!!!..

M sure ur IQ isnt higher than 59.
Re: Lady: "I Will Never Watch Nollywood Movies Again Because Of These" by makydebbie(f): 7:18pm On Oct 04, 2016
Dilish007:

M sure ur IQ isnt higher than 59.
at least its better than someone with -0.00 grin
Re: Lady: "I Will Never Watch Nollywood Movies Again Because Of These" by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 04, 2016
MizMyColi:

Y'know...
I think of you as stronger than I am when it comes to handling emotions.

So imagine what I'd do if I were in your shoesgrin grin grin

grin

Really? shocked

I thought you were better at handling anger. wink

1 Like

Re: Lady: "I Will Never Watch Nollywood Movies Again Because Of These" by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 05, 2016
makydebbie:
at least its better than someone with -0.00 grin

Boring!! !!

Oh Lawd!!! Is dere such a number as -0.00?

Re: Lady: "I Will Never Watch Nollywood Movies Again Because Of These" by makydebbie(f): 9:30am On Oct 05, 2016
Dilish007:

Boring!! !!
Oh Lawd!!! Is dere such a number as -0.00?
you are not worth a ban undecided
Re: Lady: "I Will Never Watch Nollywood Movies Again Because Of These" by MizMyColi(f): 2:12pm On Oct 05, 2016
Mindfulness:

grin

Really? shocked

I thought you were better at handling anger. wink

Lol

There is a difference between trying not to get angry and being angry like unhinged kind of angry.
I'm not proud about it, but I do not wish for anyone to be around me when I'm angry.

Ohhh, the things I can do and say embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Lady: "I Will Never Watch Nollywood Movies Again Because Of These" by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 06, 2016
MizMyColi:

Lol

There is a difference between trying not to get angry and being angry like unhinged kind of angry.
I'm not proud about it, but I do not wish for anyone to be around me when I'm angry.

I won't encourage anyone to act on their anger but I think that anger is as important as any other emotion. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady: "I Will Never Watch Nollywood Movies Again Because Of These" by MizMyColi(f): 3:28pm On Oct 06, 2016
Mindfulness:

I won't encourage anyone to act on their anger but I think that anger is as important as any other emotion. wink

We have been taught to suppress it, not to let it show as that would make us unholy and unchristlike.
It took some re-orientation to change that Notion.

Jesus was angry too. He got offended and he showed emotion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady: "I Will Never Watch Nollywood Movies Again Because Of These" by joseph1832ng: 5:58pm On Oct 06, 2016
Mindfulness:

I believe it's as powerful as love, may be even more powerful.

I work better when I'm angry, it gives me focus. Especially if I want to make a statement.

1 Like

Re: Lady: "I Will Never Watch Nollywood Movies Again Because Of These" by joseph1832ng: 6:01pm On Oct 06, 2016
MizMyColi:

Lol

Tell me about it. tongue
Re: Lady: "I Will Never Watch Nollywood Movies Again Because Of These" by Nobody: 5:26am On Oct 07, 2016
joseph1832ng:

I work better when I'm angry, it gives me focus. Especially if I want to make a statement.

You are a good example of a person who converts a 'negative' emotion (anger) into something positive or productive (work).
Many people use anger in a destructive way which doesn't help so I would encourage your approach. Care to elaborate some more maybe by giving specific examples?
Re: Lady: "I Will Never Watch Nollywood Movies Again Because Of These" by Nobody: 5:35am On Oct 07, 2016
MizMyColi:

We have been taught to suppress it, not to let it show as that would make us unholy and unchristlike.
It took some re-orientation to change that Notion.

Jesus was angry too. He got offended and he showed emotion.

According to the Bible even God is often angry. grin

I don't believe it but I am convinced that anger is an indicator like any other emotion. It can be destructive to act on it but instead of supressing it, it would be better to accept it since it shows us that something is wrong. We should learn to soothe anger like we soothe sadness.

1 Like

Re: Lady: "I Will Never Watch Nollywood Movies Again Because Of These" by Justiceleague1: 7:53am On Oct 07, 2016
joseph1832ng:

be very careful,dont let ur boss see such post.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lady: "I Will Never Watch Nollywood Movies Again Because Of These" by MizMyColi(f): 8:23am On Oct 07, 2016
Mindfulness:

According to the Bible even God is often angry. grin

I don't believe it but I am convinced that anger is an indicator like any other emotion. It can be destructive to act on it but instead of supressing it, it would be better to accept it since it shows us that something is wrong. We should learn to soothe anger like we soothe sadness.

Embracing it and like you said, soothing it is one of the many great leaps in self awareness/realization.

1 Like

Re: Lady: "I Will Never Watch Nollywood Movies Again Because Of These" by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 07, 2016
MizMyColi:

Embracing it and like you said, soothing it is one of the many great leaps in self awareness/realization.

Very true. And it helps a great deal. wink
Re: Lady: "I Will Never Watch Nollywood Movies Again Because Of These" by uzolexis(f): 9:13am On Oct 10, 2016
aalangel:
What kind of human being is this? Are witches and native doctors not bad? Which stupid African culture?

Native doctors are not bad but the way they have been portrayed is bad. The white man brought Christianity and demonized our own culture and we were quick to join him. Native doctors are not evil, they help pple, cure illnesses with herbs and all. Before the oyibo man came our fore father's used to go to native doctors when they were ill and not for jazz. Go and learn your African culture and stop believing what you see on TV.
Re: Lady: "I Will Never Watch Nollywood Movies Again Because Of These" by aalangel(f): 9:41am On Oct 10, 2016
uzolexis:

Native doctors are not bad but the way they have been portrayed is bad. The white man brought Christianity and demonized our own culture and we were quick to join him. Native doctors are not evil, they help pple, cure illnesses with herbs and all. Before the oyibo man came our fore father's used to go to native doctors when they were ill and not for jazz. Go and learn your African culture and stop believing what you see on TV.

Madam, You are way too invincible to change my belief. Stay on your lane, while I maintain mine.
Re: Lady: "I Will Never Watch Nollywood Movies Again Because Of These" by uzolexis(f): 12:35pm On Oct 10, 2016
aalangel:

Madam, You are way too invincible to change my belief. Stay on your lane, while I maintain mine.

On the contrary I'm trying to educate you on what is right cos your idea is very wrong and every level headed and smart person will agree with that but you have unfortunately chosen to wallow in your ignorance, so be it.
Re: Lady: "I Will Never Watch Nollywood Movies Again Because Of These" by aalangel(f): 1:35pm On Oct 10, 2016
uzolexis:

On the contrary I'm trying to educate you on what is right cos your idea is very wrong and every level headed and smart person will agree with that but you have unfortunately chosen to wallow in your ignorance, so be it.

Lady, it's not by force. Don't force your ideas on people. It's not civil. Even if it's Jesus Christ I'm preaching, I won't force anybody. Life is by choice. Educate your crowd which I can never be part of.
Re: Lady: "I Will Never Watch Nollywood Movies Again Because Of These" by uzolexis(f): 6:12am On Oct 11, 2016
aalangel:

Lady, it's not by force. Don't force your ideas on people. It's not civil. Even if it's Jesus Christ I'm preaching, I won't force anybody. Life is by choice. Educate your crowd which I can never be part of.

Like I said earlier, I will let you be, you can't force pple to be reasonable cos some pple can never understand what that means no matter how hard you try so it don't make sense forcing it down pple's throat. Believe what you like, it makes no difference to me.
Re: Lady: "I Will Never Watch Nollywood Movies Again Because Of These" by aalangel(f): 9:07am On Oct 11, 2016
uzolexis:

Like I said earlier, I will let you be, you can't force pple to be reasonable cos some pple can never understand what that means no matter how hard you try so it don't make sense forcing it down pple's throat. Believe what you like, it makes no difference to me.

Madam Uzo, leave me alone. I'm not the only member of Nairaland. Moreover, if I have to believe you, I can't, cos you've been insulting me all through. Stay on your Lane now!!!! Haba!!!!!!
Re: Lady: "I Will Never Watch Nollywood Movies Again Because Of These" by uzolexis(f): 9:16am On Oct 11, 2016
aalangel:

Madam Uzo, leave me alone. I'm not the only member of Nairaland. Moreover, if I have to believe you, I can't, cos you've been insulting me all through. Stay on your Lane now!!!! Haba!!!!!!

okay bye smiley
Re: Lady: "I Will Never Watch Nollywood Movies Again Because Of These" by Megaflex(m): 10:11pm On Oct 16, 2016
aalangel:

.my lady, u are exceptionally arrogant and naive. ur replies reek of very high ego and pride. come down from ur high horse and learn a thing or two frm d sisters post. she's making a whole lotta sense
Re: Lady: "I Will Never Watch Nollywood Movies Again Because Of These" by jbblues24(m): 8:07am On May 31, 2019
This work blew my mind. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BBNaija 2020: Online Audition Holds (Details) / Nigerians React As Mercy Wins Bbnaija 2019 (photos) / BBNaija: Payporte Calls Out Cee-C For 'Disrespecting' An Outfit They Sent Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.