Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Whereis The Destination Of The Dead? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Whereis The Destination Of The Dead? (871 Views)

Doctor Prays Over Dead Patient, Raises Him From The Dead / Destination Of Sin By Pastor Adeboye / Pictures & Characteristics Of The Dead Sea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whereis The Destination Of The Dead? by MIKKYIJEGE(m): 11:16am On Oct 16, 2009
The question of the eternal predestination of all humans after their mortal existence is a nagging question which occupies anyone who is born into the world. There is usually association of the grace as a place of no life (nothingness) and complete void. In this case when we are confronted with the reality of death, we remember that there is a time when we are full and bulling with life, and a time when life ceases to be. In this case where does the soul of the decease one proceed to…, Is it to the mere soil and clay? This will be atrocious. Is it the case that after all the human achievements, one goes into oblivion?
The church uses this opportunity of the celebration to raise the hope of the faithful about the eternal predestination of all the faithful departed. In the Eucharistic preface of Christian death, it states “Lord for your faithful people life is changed, not ended when the body of our eternal dwelling lies in death we gain an Everlasting dwelling in heaven”. Death is the cessation of the mortal existence of the human person and the beginning of an immortal life of the deceased. It is taken by the study of eschatology that the eternal predestination of the soul of the human person is influenced by the kind of life one has lead in the course of his physical and corporate existence. The good, moral and ethical existence leads to an immoral life of eternal bliss and joy, while immodest and unexamined life is the introduction to the life of eternal perdition and punishment.
Our pre-occupation is where the soul of the faithful proceeds after their pilgrimage life here on earth. The Book of Wisdom (3:1-9) gives us a wonderful clue in this direction. “The souls of the upright are in the hands of God, and no torment can touch them. To the unenlightened they appear to die. Their departure was regarded as a disaster, their leaving us as annihilation, but they are at peace”. God desires and prepares a suitable and eternal wonderful home for his people. Therefore it is not necessary to begin to think of erecting a mausoleum mansion in which we will be buried in such that it becomes a home for us after death. Our attention should be drawn to the fact that our homes is created and made for us by God, eternal incomprehensive but a home to delight us.
Jesus tells us in John (14:1-3)”Do not let your heart be troubled. You trust in God trust also in me. In my fathers house there are many places to live in……I am going now to prepare a place for you and after I have gone and prepared you a place. I shall return to take you to myself”. In this way Jesus clearly points to us about the great preparation he has in store for those who follow him .There is a great reward that accompanies them after their heroic witnessing here on earth. No wonder St.Paul will exclaim (1 Cor.2:9)”what no eye has see no ear has heard what the mind of man cannot visualize all that God has prepared for those who love him……”
Upon these testimonies of sacred scripture, we know we have a homeland with God our father and his homeland belong to us if we live, move and have our being quite rooted in him. In the Eucharistic preface of the dead it states “he chose to die that he might free all man from dying. He gave his life that we may live forever”. Another of this preface says “Death is the just reward for our sins, yet when at last we die, your loving kindness calls us back to life in company with Christ whose victory is our redemption.” Indeed of our own merit we cannot ascend into a glorious eternal life that God has in store for us…, But by our unmeritous but God Gratuitous grace we are justified in the sight of God. Therefore our celebration is not far from having these departed ones in prayer so that, through their own human fragility they cannot be justified. But with our prayer for them God will tender mercy and grant them a place of joy and peace. As a militant church we must intensify our prayers for them and ask God to look on them with mercy.
Re: Whereis The Destination Of The Dead? by Pafuri(m): 6:54pm On Jul 10, 2010
What is the point of the question since the bible has answered it for you? If you need to preach, start a church. You will get rich along the way. I take pride in my NON-BELIEVER status. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Whereis The Destination Of The Dead? by Pafuri(m): 7:03pm On Jul 10, 2010
What is the point of the question since the bible has answered it for you? Start a church. You will get rich along the way. I take pride in my NON-BELIEVER status. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Whereis The Destination Of The Dead? by Image123(m): 7:06pm On Jul 10, 2010
Don't you think that the dead must visit purgatory embassy destination road?
"immoral life of eternal bliss" ke! Na book of wisdom talk that one? No wonder.
It is appointed unto men once to die, after this judgement. Stop wasting prayers on the dead. The living are here. You can pray for me for instance, or for nigeria, or seun, or any of these unfortunate atheists here on nl. If you need more prayer points, holla me.
Re: Whereis The Destination Of The Dead? by Jenwitemi(m): 8:35am On Jul 11, 2010
The only destination of the dead is either the grave or cremation. The dead don't get judged either, because they are DEAD. Switch the brain cells on, people, and get them working!
Re: Whereis The Destination Of The Dead? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:43am On Jul 11, 2010
Like Jenwitemi said. Now let me expatiate:

The journey of the dead starts like this,

First to the mortuary,
Then to the autopsy table,
Then back to the mortuary,
Then the cemetry,
then six feet underground where it becomes worm food.

And the life cycle continues.

No heaven,
No Hell,
No heavenly courtroom,
No judgement of any kind.
No heavenly duplex,
Nothing.

Soldier come, soldier go, barrack go remain.
Re: Whereis The Destination Of The Dead? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:47am On Jul 11, 2010
Na zombie we go be for heaven??

That would feel like the set of the movie from resident evil. grin
Re: Whereis The Destination Of The Dead? by manmustwac(m): 12:08pm On Jul 11, 2010
we came from dust so we return to dust. simple!
Re: Whereis The Destination Of The Dead? by Image123(m): 12:47pm On Jul 11, 2010
Human beings are not just body. We all have spirit, soul and body. There is an afterlife.
Re: Whereis The Destination Of The Dead? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:24pm On Jul 11, 2010
Yes there is an after-life.

When you die, life continues for the living.

Imagine if we all could live forever. Space no for dey. Imagine the population wey go dey afterlife by now, I sure say heaven sef no go fit accomodate every human that has ever existed.
Think about it.

Even Jesus sef had to die. Do you think that if Jesus hadnt been murdered, he would still have been alive today?? I mean being the son of God and all that??

No he was born, so he would have grown old, with artrithis, bad waist, holding a cane, with bad eye sight and died.

Nothing lives forever. Evn if there is an after life, you would also die in that after life.
Re: Whereis The Destination Of The Dead? by Image123(m): 9:38pm On Jul 11, 2010
Oki, thou art wrong. The earth is just 30% land and there are hectares X acres of land that are just fallow, then to consider the solar system, or the universe. And we've not discussed the new Jerusalem, or Heaven. Space yapa. In my Father's house there are many mansions. If it were not so I WOULD HAVE TOLD YOU. John 14v1-3. Jesus Christ is alive and well. We still spoke today.
Re: Whereis The Destination Of The Dead? by ogajim(m): 5:17pm On Jul 12, 2010
Dead people go to rest, period. Why would we wait for the trumpet to sound the Rapture if there was a separate judgment for everyone?

Matthew 22:

31But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,

32I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.
Re: Whereis The Destination Of The Dead? by vtuclan(m): 6:40pm On Jul 12, 2010
men the dead is dead period any other place na lie

(1) (Reply)

Another Pastor Divorces Wife; Set To Marry New Convert / Any Anglicans On Nairaland? Let's Share Our Experiences, Thoughts & Aspirations! / If Only Yahweh Had A Begotten Daughter . . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.