Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,119 members, 7,821,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Ondo Governorship Election: Another Crisis Looms In APC Over Deputy Gov. Slot - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Governorship Election: Another Crisis Looms In APC Over Deputy Gov. Slot (17565 Views)

INEC Declares Akeredolu Winner Of Ondo Governorship Election / Ondo Governorship Election Results Update From Polling Units - Vanguard / Jimoh Ibrahim Blasts Olusola Oke On Twitter Ahead Of Ondo Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo Governorship Election: Another Crisis Looms In APC Over Deputy Gov. Slot by ODVanguard: 10:15am On Oct 03, 2016
agabusta:
Does anyone have the voter registration figures for the 18 local governments of Ondo state. It's only the old census figures that I could get. If we have the figures, it will help in our analysis.

Ondo North
1. Akoko North-East
2. Akoko North-West
3. Akoko South-East
4. Akoko South-West
5. Owo
6. Ose

Ondo Central
1. Akure South
2. Akure North
3. Ondo East
4. Ondo West
5. Ifedore
6. Idanre

Ondo South
1. IleOluji/Oke Igbo
2. Odigbo
3. Irele
4. Ilaje
5. Okitipupa
6. Ese odo

I don't have the latest voters' registration figures but based on past elections, suffice it to say that ondo central has the largest number of voters, followed by ondo south and then the north comes third. In the entire state, akure south (located in ondo central) has the largest pool of voters in the state. If Aketi fails to pacify both Abraham and Boroffice, the APC will be out of contention because if APC can't have a clear and solid win in the northern zone, they should forget it. If Oke manages to win all the local governments in the south and does o.k in ondo central, he may just nick it. If he doesn't then Jegede will certainly get it. Whoever wins the highest number of local governments will win the election. At least on paper, for now the odds are in favour of Jegede and Oke as they can at least claim they will receive bloc votes from their senatorial zones. APC's poor performance at the federal level, coupled with the current crisis rocking the party is a devastating blow to the party's chances. It's not looking good at all for Aketi at this point. IMO.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Governorship Election: Another Crisis Looms In APC Over Deputy Gov. Slot by mikki123(m): 10:22am On Oct 03, 2016
[quote author=Babatundecash post=49870036]are wailers not tired of winning online poll through likes and shares for PDP? Apc can not win any election in the Se,APC came out boldly floor PDP in Imo North senatorial rerun election,IZE-IYAMU is our next Gov.in Edo state...OBaseki of APC defeated him convincingly now it is now the turn of Ondo....oh ye wailers are back to say APC is not on race and you forgot to note that APC has not lost any general election in Ondo state before and she wil not lose this time around.
Are you in Ondo presently?
Re: Ondo Governorship Election: Another Crisis Looms In APC Over Deputy Gov. Slot by ojay85: 10:22am On Oct 03, 2016
Akeredolu is a man of integrity....humble and a grass root politician who believe in the well being of all ondo sons and daughters. He is a man of the people. Oke of AD as shown himself to be a desperate politician and Eyitayo of PDP mimikos boy(Eyitayo's Godfather) . Let not believe in what is going around an empty drum makes the loudest noise......Ondo people are intelligent people and pull their weight behind AKEREDOLU OF APC.......

1 Like

Re: Ondo Governorship Election: Another Crisis Looms In APC Over Deputy Gov. Slot by ojay85: 10:26am On Oct 03, 2016
#AKEREDOLU.......THE MAN OF THE PEOPLE. Enough of unpayed salary, untapped resourses and sectionalisation. APC ALL THE WAY
Re: Ondo Governorship Election: Another Crisis Looms In APC Over Deputy Gov. Slot by matador86: 10:35am On Oct 03, 2016
agabusta:
Does anyone have the voter registration figures for the 18 local governments of Ondo state. It's only the old census figures that I could get. If we have the figures, it will help in our analysis.

Ondo North
1. Akoko North-East
2. Akoko North-West
3. Akoko South-East
4. Akoko South-West
5. Owo
6. Ose

Ondo Central
1. Akure South
2. Akure North
3. Ondo East
4. Ondo West
5. Ifedore
6. Idanre

Ondo South
1. IleOluji/Oke Igbo
2. Odigbo
3. Irele
4. Ilaje
5. Okitipupa
6. Ese odo
INEC REGISTERED VOTERS IN ONDO
STATE:

AKURE SOUTH: 248,953
AKURE NORTH: 53,935
IFEDORE : 63,242
ONDO WEST : 150,838
ONDO EAST : 37,469
IDANRE : 60,720

AKOKO NW : 68,061
AKOKO NE : 62,451
AKOKO SE : 29,773
AKOKO SW : 86,155
OWO : 110,100
OSE : 62,386

ESE ODO : 57,255
ILAJE : 114,235
ILEOLUJI : 64,219
IRELE : 55,231
OKITPP : 101,044
ODIGBO : 120,014
TOTAL REG VOTERS:1,546,081
PERCENTAGE OF REGD VOTERS /SEN.DISTRICT
CENTRAL : 615;157 = 39:78%
NORTH : 418,926 = 27.10%
SOUTH : 511998 = 33.12%.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Governorship Election: Another Crisis Looms In APC Over Deputy Gov. Slot by matador86: 10:38am On Oct 03, 2016
Bola Ilori is not relevant any longer in APC ondo state. He want to be deputy Governor by all means.Shame on Ilori.We could either win or lose together.Aketi is the man.
Re: Ondo Governorship Election: Another Crisis Looms In APC Over Deputy Gov. Slot by HHANDM: 10:49am On Oct 03, 2016
I am good with Olusola Oke for governor but my concern is do the AD have structures on ground to ensure his victory?

Moreover Mimiko of PDP is a good strategist and a grassroots politician whilst APC has federal power to rig like it was alleged in Edo.

The coming gubernatorial election is dicey cos the candidates will do well in their strongholds but I hope Oke/AD will ensure solid alignments/realignment in other senatorial districts for victory.
Re: Ondo Governorship Election: Another Crisis Looms In APC Over Deputy Gov. Slot by dimieprincess(f): 11:04am On Oct 03, 2016
festboi:
But why are the PDP concerned over Ondo APC? people that are not in Ondo state even write here as if they sleep and wake in Ondo state. If you are in Ondo state you won't ask me to vote for mimiko and his boys again. Mimiko collects state allocation, collects Local government allocation and also collects crude oil allocation, Ondo state account for about #30b, a month, our yearly allocation is about #140b and you are comparing Ondo state with other states, Please don't just compare Ondo state with other states. Mimiko has enslaved Ondo state people. Any students in Ondo state that will vote for mimiko and his boys come next month is an educated illiterate.
Liar Mohammed self nor reach you for lie, even Akwa Ibom for the past 1yr never get 20b for allocation let alone Ondo. ala ri wo
Re: Ondo Governorship Election: Another Crisis Looms In APC Over Deputy Gov. Slot by agabusta: 11:33am On Oct 03, 2016
matador86:

INEC REGISTERED VOTERS IN ONDO
STATE:

AKURE SOUTH: 248,953
AKURE NORTH: 53,935
IFEDORE : 63,242
ONDO WEST : 150,838
ONDO EAST : 37,469
IDANRE : 60,720

AKOKO NW : 68,061
AKOKO NE : 62,451
AKOKO SE : 29,773
AKOKO SW : 86,155
OWO : 110,100
OSE : 62,386

ESE ODO : 57,255
ILAJE : 114,235
ILEOLUJI : 64,219
IRELE : 55,231
OKITPP : 101,044
ODIGBO : 120,014.

TOTAL REG VOTERS:1,546,081.

PERCENTAGE OF REGD VOTERS /SEN.DISTRICT

CENTRAL: 615,157 = 39:78%
NORTH: 418,926 = 27.10%
SOUTH: 511998 = 33.12%.

Thanks! Please where did you get the information? Is it from on online source? Does it have that of other states in Nigeria?

This doesn't look good for Aketi unless he humbles himself.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Governorship Election: Another Crisis Looms In APC Over Deputy Gov. Slot by 2mNaira: 11:43am On Oct 03, 2016
FagsamPHP:
if you knw you are not on ground here stop spewing rubbish..... This is our state & APC is not an option, its now between PDP vs AD, Underate Olusola Oke at ur own peril, OKE will beat iyalaya anybody in all the local govt in the South, PDP to floor anybody in Central, Only OWO is sure outrightly for APC in the north,, NORTH will. be the battleground........

And to that idiot up there talking about salaries, tell us if he's the only gov owing salaries in Nigeria.. At least if u want to be partisan. do it with sense

That is if they allow your vote to count. To the best if my knowledge it did not count in Edo state
Re: Ondo Governorship Election: Another Crisis Looms In APC Over Deputy Gov. Slot by RoastedCorn(m): 11:46am On Oct 03, 2016
Babsjad:

AD in Ondo state is a party for the political prostitutes, Desperadoes & Power Mongers
Are you in Ondo state? . . If not, just let everyone be at peace by keeping your mouth shut

1 Like

Re: Ondo Governorship Election: Another Crisis Looms In APC Over Deputy Gov. Slot by ojay85: 11:54am On Oct 03, 2016
#AKEREDOLU THE PEOPLES CHOICE AND GOVERNOR......A MAN OF INTEGRITY. VOTE WISELY, VOTE APC..... ondo youth are solidly behind you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ondo Governorship Election: Another Crisis Looms In APC Over Deputy Gov. Slot by kunlegboye(m): 12:00pm On Oct 03, 2016
Babatundecash:
We all know Dayo Johnson of the OSRC to be a mimiko hand tool of causing confusion in the camp of the opposition through his media cooked up story.......where and when did Labour leaders arrived in their hundred to endorsed Jegede?.....Mimiko owes my lecturers at RUGIPO 9months salary,we went through hell before We could commence our examination last week wednesday....the lecturers were demanding for three months salary b4 any examination could be conducted but the school management who wish the student well,could only manage to pay 2months out of the 3months salary they demanded,same thing is happening in AAUA that is currently on lock down....here in Ondo state teachers are as poor as church rat....the last month my Mum.saw alert was in APril.....and Dayo Johnson is here cooking up story.....no civil servants in Ondo state is currently happy with the way mimiko has been running things and I can bet it that 85% of ondo civil servants will surely vote against mimiko and his anointed candidate come Nov.26.....Mimiko's case will be like that of Idris wada who is owing workers 4months salary b4 going into the gubernatorial race,thereby causing his huge loss......the truth is that PDP is not on ground in the state.....APC got everything to beat PDP come Nov.26......

God bless you greatly my dear Brother!...You have just nailed it!!...that is the way it is,let them keep deceiving themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ondo Governorship Election: Another Crisis Looms In APC Over Deputy Gov. Slot by 2mNaira: 12:04pm On Oct 03, 2016
ODVanguard:

I don't have the latest voters' registration figures but based on past elections, suffice it to say that ondo central has the largest number of voters, followed by ondo south and then the north comes third. In the entire state, akure south (located in ondo central) has the largest pool of voters in the state. If Aketi fails to pacify both Abraham and Boroffice, the APC will be out of contention because if APC can't have a clear and solid win in the northern zone, they should forget it. If Oke manages to win all the local governments in the south and does o.k in ondo central, he may just nick it. If he doesn't then Jegede will certainly get it. Whoever wins the highest number of local governments will win the election. At least on paper, for now the odds are in favour of Jegede and Oke as they can at least claim they will receive bloc votes from their senatorial zones. APC's poor performance at the federal level, coupled with the current crisis rocking the party is a devastating blow to the party's chances. It's not looking good at all for Aketi at this point. IMO.

That is if they allow your vote to count. I am concerned that there may be rigging which make rubbish of people's vote.

Going by threads on nairaland , I was convinced that APC stood no chance ib Edo State.

I have been using analysis online as bases for forming opinion on how election result is likely to be in state's in which I don't reside, but after the Edo's election results were released, I stopped reckonning with online anwlyses. I am now more interested in how rig-free the election will be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ondo Governorship Election: Another Crisis Looms In APC Over Deputy Gov. Slot by kunlegboye(m): 12:16pm On Oct 03, 2016
RoastedCorn:
Oke was cheated in the primary election, he challenged, a re-run was called, but the top men in the party on surely collecting bribe cancelled the courts rule of re-run.

My brother ,if it was you, won't you leave the party for a place you would be the flagbearer without restraint

and let me tell you, labour party was a dead party before Mimiko registered under them and won the governor in power, so nothing is impossible
[b]But my surprise is that Oke didnt come second now,did he?...so that's enough to prove him to be a desperado [/b]
Re: Ondo Governorship Election: Another Crisis Looms In APC Over Deputy Gov. Slot by RoastedCorn(m): 12:31pm On Oct 03, 2016
kunlegboye:

[b]But my surprise is that Oke didnt come second now,did he?...so that's enough to prove him to be a desperado [/b]
how will he come 2nd when the majority of those removed are his delegates , the gap between Oke and Akeredolu is not even up to 100, now remove 200 from akeredolu and add about 150 to Oke and see who will lead

1 Like

Re: Ondo Governorship Election: Another Crisis Looms In APC Over Deputy Gov. Slot by generalorot(m): 2:05pm On Oct 03, 2016
RoastedCorn:
how will he come 2nd when the majority of those removed are his delegates , the gap between Oke and Akeredolu is not even up to 100, now remove 200 from akeredolu and add about 150 to Oke and see who will lead
Exactly how good luck Jonathan back mimiko help him rig apc to third position in 2012... Thinking that evil governor will deliver ondo state to him in 2015... Surprisingly mimiko used that money work his party members back to house of assembly.. #lobatan
Re: Ondo Governorship Election: Another Crisis Looms In APC Over Deputy Gov. Slot by Diademk07: 2:12pm On Oct 03, 2016
agabusta:

Do you think we are still the era where they will be bringing manipulated results from the Riverine area of the state? Most of those heavy results from that side are rigged votes. There won't be any room for that.

You can only rig when you have the tactical support of the Federal. The FG this time around is also an interested party in the election and will not allow any rigged votes from the Riverine area.

How many local governments are even in the core riverine area? I mean core Ori Omi
u just seems to lack proper reasoning, th south is of 6 lgas. Don't just think backward, u can't compare a zonal votes with that of a town(akure or its environs) or (Owo nd its environs). U must not 4get that Akoko people will never see owo or ose people as part of them, so count them out. Ondo state is all about AD my man

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Governorship Election: Another Crisis Looms In APC Over Deputy Gov. Slot by generalorot(m): 2:19pm On Oct 03, 2016
Most of you commenting ain't even from ondo state... Things u forget is that wen a current government in power loses favour from their workers and students... The current government is doomed.. Not to mention the okada men this current government treated badly.. And got unreasonable money from em... Make I no deceive una... People residing in Akure de vex especially akure South... And u people de forget say na workers de vote pass... If u don't get most of this people vote.. How can u win... Some workers in the state ain't even concern whether the Fed gov are doing right.. Their concerns right now is their salaries which are unpaid... And as I see things on ground even if(mimiko) pay all the outstanding salaries and even paid upfront.. He still won't get the vote.. That's why the man doesn't even wanna pay... About the fact is u people forget the party actually in federal government power.. They own the security agencies, the inec officials, the monitoring power... Even with the current crisis rocking the apc party... Once the presidency power waves in.. In just two minutes.. Things will fucking change and people will be like wetin jus happen so.. # a concern citizen of ondo state
Re: Ondo Governorship Election: Another Crisis Looms In APC Over Deputy Gov. Slot by agabusta: 3:05pm On Oct 03, 2016
Diademk07:
u just seems to lack proper reasoning, th south is of 6 lgas. Don't just think backward, u can't compare a zonal votes with that of a town(akure or its environs) or (Owo nd its environs). U must not 4get that Akoko people will never see owo or ose people as part of them, so count them out. Ondo state is all about AD my man

You not only lack coherence in your thoughts, it is also obvious in your communication. What is the connection of what you wrote up there to what I said? If you are familiar with Ondo state it wont be too hard for you to know that majority of the rigging that takes place during election happen at Ondo south. That was what I was alluding to.

That being said, who is comparing Owo/Akure votes with that of Ondo south? I can see you just want to be seen talking eventhough it doesn't sound so reasonable. Ondo state has 3 senatorial district made up of 6 local governments each. The Akokos, Owo and Ose makes up the North. Nobody ever said they are the same. That they are different does not mean they cannot politically vote same party.

Ondo is not all about AD, the structureless party that was kept afloat by renegade elements.
Re: Ondo Governorship Election: Another Crisis Looms In APC Over Deputy Gov. Slot by bolinxman: 3:37pm On Oct 03, 2016
Benoy:
Most people think Olusola Oke can pull a Mimiko LP winning stunt forgetting that Mimiko was a better grassroot politician, and well loved across the state back then. Times have changed. Olusola Oke was able to record big win in Ondo-South in the last election because he ran under the umbrella party, Ondo-South zone has been a pro-PDP and has always been sympathetic to the party since it was formed. I doubt that feat can be repeated now that he's running under a party with no structure (AD). He can only win that zone by a very narrow margin over other parties.

Despite the controversy/fall-out of the primary election, Ondo-North still belongs the APC.

Coming to Ondo-Central, PDP ll record a narrow win primarily because of AKURE agenda.

In conclusion, the election is going to be a very tight race between APC, PDP and AD
keep on dreaming.Akoko people will support Oke. Aketi is on his own. Majority of APC members are against him.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Governorship Election: Another Crisis Looms In APC Over Deputy Gov. Slot by suasmablow(m): 4:10pm On Oct 03, 2016
emmasege:
To APC: There's no peace for the wicked, says the Lord (Isaiah 48:22)

To PMB: May his (Buhari's) days be few; may another take his place of leadership -Psalm 109 v8

and to you, may your foolishness never end

1 Like

Re: Ondo Governorship Election: Another Crisis Looms In APC Over Deputy Gov. Slot by Diademk07: 4:48pm On Oct 03, 2016
agabusta:

You not only lack coherence in your thoughts, it is also obvious in your communication. What is the connection of what you wrote up there to what I said? If you are familiar with Ondo state it wont be too hard for you to know that majority of the rigging that takes place during election happen at Ondo south. That was what I was alluding to.

That being said, who is comparing Owo/Akure votes with that of Ondo south? I can see you just want to be seen talking eventhough it doesn't sound so reasonable. Ondo state has 3 senatorial district made up of 6 local governments each. The Akokos, Owo and Ose makes up the North. Nobody ever said they are the same. That they are different does not mean they cannot politically vote same party.

Ondo is not all about AD, the structureless party that was kept afloat by renegade elements.

Did Labour party have any structure during the time Mimiko came in?

1 Like

Re: Ondo Governorship Election: Another Crisis Looms In APC Over Deputy Gov. Slot by Acecube(m): 5:02pm On Oct 03, 2016
Apc lost this election the moment Akerodolu was declared winner at the primary, the same SAN Mimiko schooled during a debate, I had to ask who was the lawyer and who was the doctor. He simply lacked charisma, talked as though he doesn't know what he was saying.

And the process of his ascension raised eyebrow too, the flawed process coupled with lack of internal democracy in APC at the federal level is also a minus.

At the federal level APC are yet to hit the ground running, and they don't enjoy the benefit of incumbency (like what played out in Edo where they had something to show as a way of campaigning).

Segun Abraham would have been a far better option in my opinion, or any winner provided the election was free and the delegates a rough sample of the people not manipulated, Olusola Oke leaving APC on the backdrop of a free and fair election would have correctly get the label of political-prostitute but the election was not free as observed and confirmed in some quarters hence he's simply contesting as a form of "messiah" for standing against what is wrong...

The battle in my opinion is between PDP and AD... (APC has lost it).

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Governorship Election: Another Crisis Looms In APC Over Deputy Gov. Slot by Acecube(m): 5:09pm On Oct 03, 2016
HHANDM:
I am good with Olusola Oke for governor but my concern is do the AD have structures on ground to ensure his victory?

Moreover Mimiko of PDP is a good strategist and a grassroots politician whilst APC has federal power to rig like it was alleged in Edo.

The coming gubernatorial election is dicey cos the candidates will do well in their strongholds but I hope Oke/AD will ensure solid alignments/realignment in other senatorial districts for victory.

Obaseki won bro, Edo hate pdp to the core... if you want explanation I can provided by simply pasting what I wrote is some other thread.

As for Ondo I don't see APC winning it.

AD may pull it off.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Governorship Election: Another Crisis Looms In APC Over Deputy Gov. Slot by generalorot(m): 5:13pm On Oct 03, 2016
Acecube:
Apc lost this election the moment Akerodolu was declared winner at the primary, the same SAN Mimiko schooled during a debate, I had to ask who was the lawyer and who was the doctor. He simply lacked charisma, talked as though he doesn't know what he was saying.

And the process of his ascension raised eyebrow too, the flawed process coupled with lack of internal democracy in APC at the federal level is also a minus.

At the federal level APC are yet to hit the ground running, and they don't enjoy the benefit of incumbency (like what played out in Edo where they had something to show as a way of campaigning).

Segun Abraham would have been a far better option in my opinion, or any winner provided the election was free and the delegates a rough sample of the people not manipulated, Olusola Oke leaving APC on the backdrop of a free and fair election would have correctly get the label of political-prostitute but the election was not free as observed and confirmed in some quarters hence he's simply contesting as a form of "messiah" for standing against what is wrong...

The battle in my opinion is between PDP and AD... (APC has lost it).
Guy don't speak for the rest of ondo state people... People are behind that man aketi more than u know it... U just follow all this gibberish news been spoken at the radio station...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ondo Governorship Election: Another Crisis Looms In APC Over Deputy Gov. Slot by Diademk07: 5:22pm On Oct 03, 2016
generalorot:

Guy don't speak for the rest of ondo state people... People are behind that man aketi more than u know it... U just follow all this gibberish news been spoken at the radio station...

Who's behind Aketi? Do we even know him? You mean the Ibadan man? What has he achieved in Ondo state to make him a responsible candidate?

Don't make me laugh!

1 Like

Re: Ondo Governorship Election: Another Crisis Looms In APC Over Deputy Gov. Slot by ODVanguard: 5:33pm On Oct 03, 2016
Acecube:

Guy, you just took me down memory lane with that 2012 debate mention. Mimiko really TKO'd and took him to the cleaners. I felt even Oke performed way better than Akeredolu in that debate. It really was a sorry sight watching him speak -- no charisma, no depth, was incoherent, not eloquent at all. I sincerely hope his public speaking abilities have improved since then, for his own good.

4 Likes

Re: Ondo Governorship Election: Another Crisis Looms In APC Over Deputy Gov. Slot by emmasege: 5:36pm On Oct 03, 2016
suasmablow:

and to you, may your foolishness never end
E pain you, zombie? Tell your Mumu father in Aso Rock to stop complaining but rather fix Nigeria and fulfil his campaign promises. He can't be wining, dining and smiling with his family on the bill of Nigerians while millions are crying and languishing in Buhari-induced poverty, thanks to his cluelessness, high handedness and vindictive tendencies.
Re: Ondo Governorship Election: Another Crisis Looms In APC Over Deputy Gov. Slot by Acecube(m): 5:45pm On Oct 03, 2016
ODVanguard:

Guy, you just took me down memory lane with that 2012 debate mention. Mimiko really TKO'd and took him to the cleaners. I felt even Oke performed way better than Akeredolu in that debate. It really was a sorry sight watching him speak -- no charisma, no depth, was incoherent, not eloquent at all. I sincerely hope his public speaking abilities have improved since then, for his own good.
My brother, I was really surprise. The moment that debate ended I knew Mimiko was cruising home to victory. He was just too bad.

Oke or Abraham would have been better choice for Apc, in my own opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Governorship Election: Another Crisis Looms In APC Over Deputy Gov. Slot by agabusta: 6:05pm On Oct 03, 2016
Diademk07:

Did Labour party have any structure during the time Mimiko came in?

Labour party did not have structure but some other issues was to their advantage.

1. Comparing the situation then and now, Miimiko was relatively more popular in the state than Olusola Oke, having held this positions consecutively:-

-Commissioner under Adefarati
-SSG to Agagu
-Federal Minister under Obasanjo

Infact, his name was already an household name then, even to the extent that Obasanjo heard about him and selected him to be a minister without any recommendation from Agagu, the governor.

2. He had more financial muscle and contacts to leverage on than present day Oke especially based on the above positions he held consecutively (except if someone like Tinubu gives Oke a brickwall support).

Because of his robust financials and networks, he had the money to deploy for massive publicity for the also relatively unknown labour party.

3. People were very much tired of the Agagu led-government and were eager for a change.

It was only Mimiko that offered the opportunity for that change then. The situation is also similar now, people are eager for a change except that there are more options on the table with financial resources, contacts and state-wide structure for Oke to contend with.

Oke is not the only option for now as obtainable for Mimiko when he faced Agagu.

4. Mimiko was a better grassroot politician than Olusola Oke.
Re: Ondo Governorship Election: Another Crisis Looms In APC Over Deputy Gov. Slot by generalorot(m): 6:25pm On Oct 03, 2016
Na so una go analyse so tee the outcome of the results will debunk una analysis... If to say Godwin obaseki de obsessed with reading naira landers analysis... He go don get hypertension since... Am sure most of you commenting on this platform don't even have their pvc cards

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Victor Umeh Builds Classroom After Losing Election / Ogoni Hails Buhari On Implementation Of UNEP On Ogoniland / FG Writes India Over Nigerian ISIS Suspects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.