Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Do Men Prefer Dumb Girls To Smart Ones? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Men Prefer Dumb Girls To Smart Ones? (1266 Views)

Top 5 Reason Why All Men Prefer Lightskin Women! (reveal) / 5 Reasons Why Men Prefer Prostitutes (no.4 Will Shock You) / Why Do Intelligent Black Men Prefer Their Women Looking Like This?(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Men Prefer Dumb Girls To Smart Ones? by DeRay98(m): 8:40am On Oct 03, 2016
Please read this "experiment" by a "smart lady" and share you opinion.

I’ve always been “the smart one.” I get really excited for things like NPR’s “Science Friday” and when Charlie Rose has a fascinating guest. I have a terminal degree, have taught college, and once on a date I casually used the word “symbiosis” in a conversation right before I launched into a detailed discussion about plate tectonics and subduction zones.

On top of all that, I look like the stereotypical sexy librarian, glasses and all, which I have owned and feel is a positive attribute. So you’d think that with all these brains and the fact that I look halfway cute, and can confidently talk about literature, politics, history and seismic activity, that I would have had men falling all over me, right? Yeah, no.

I have a notoriously poor record with men. My pre-married dating history sounds like a Shakespearean tragedy. If my single life were a romantic comedy, I would have been the quirky sidekick who never got the hot guy.

Once men went out with me a few times, they’d usually dump me for some chick they met at the gym who worked as the shot girl in a nightclub for a living, and then they’d tell me they wanted to stay friends because I was “interesting.”

My mom always said that men were intimidated by me because they realized they had to “bring it” a little more to impress me. My intellect presented more of a challenge. I wasn’t “easy” like the Fun Girls and being around me required more of an effort.

That’s why I decided to conduct an experiment. I decided to dumb myself down, to pretend to be a little more of a “Fun Girl” to see if I would attract more men.

Before I met my husband, I was a regular on a popular online dating site, so my first step was to remove all signs of intelligence from my profile and add more sexy pictures. I kept my descriptions brief and as cliché as possibly without making myself gag.

Yes, I even said that I loved long walks on the beach and some nonsense about spontaneous travel. I deleted the whole section about how much I loved books and science, and within an hour my inbox was filled with messages, whereas before I was lucky if I got one message per day. My experiment was working already.

I responded only to college-educated professionals — your standard, clean-cut types that my mom approved of. I wondered if smart men (the kind I liked) really preferred dumb women, so in emails, I used a lot of smiley faces and kept my responses short and cutesy. On the phone, I made sure to giggle and not to expound or have strong opinions on anything.

The result? I could have gone on three dates a day. That’s how many men asked to meet me in person.

I also noticed that before, my dates would usually offer to meet over coffee but now men suddenly wanted to take me out for drinks and were quite insistent that alcohol be involved in our dates.

In person I bit my tongue, smiled and said “ohmygodwowthatissoamazing” way too much. I feigned ignorance on current events, culture, and pretty much everything, and what I realized was that the men I was dating seemed to get off on “teaching” a woman, showing her the ways of the world, and exposing her to supposedly new things, thus creating a dynamic where the man is in a superior position and the woman is clearly subordinate and relying on the man for guidance and information.

Except, no. Not to mention, three-quarters of these dudes had no idea what they were even talking about. Plus, they all seemed intent on getting me drunk, which wasn’t happening because I was too smart for that.

Many second and third dates were offered, and I began to notice a new and interesting phenomenon. The men who liked me because they thought I wasn’t smart quickly proved to be insecure jerks. They made sexist comments, spoke critically of others, began to act jealous, and revealed that they were all control freaks who had no interest in being challenged on anything.

Bizarrely, several of them outright asked me if I’d had cosmetic surgery and if I’d be willing to go under the knife (uh, no). Oh, and they were still trying to get me drunk, which a male friend explained to me was because they were trying to get a fast-pass to sex.

Mission immediately aborted.

It’s not that men like dumb women. What’s actually going on here is that a large percentage of men want to have a good time with a woman (which includes sex) without having to do a lot of work. These guys aren’t looking for wives. They want a woman on their own terms and they want her superficially, so they can use her as an object to feel better about themselves.

It’s less about intelligence than it is about disposability. Plus, they don’t want their egos challenged. Good riddance to them. Sure, I could get a lot more dates if I dumbed myself down, but they sure weren’t with quality men, so what was the point?

Disheartened, I went off the dating site, and a couple months later I met the man who would become my husband. On our first date I was completely and utterly myself. We skipped the small talk and went right for the big important topics. We debated. We shared equally, because we both had different areas of expertise, and we even laughed because we had similar dry senses of humor.

“I like you because you have opinions and passions that are your own,” he told me. “I like that you can show me new things, and that I can talk to you about so many different topics.”

https://ca.style.yahoo.com/i-purposely-dumbed-myself-down-1520902772039734.html
Re: Do Men Prefer Dumb Girls To Smart Ones? by Cutehector(m): 8:46am On Oct 03, 2016
Trapq

Hi
Re: Do Men Prefer Dumb Girls To Smart Ones? by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 03, 2016
Smart or dumb I don't care. As long as she has a tight and slippery punna that's all that matters. End of story
Re: Do Men Prefer Dumb Girls To Smart Ones? by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:49am On Oct 03, 2016
I love Smart girls.

Dumb broads piss me off.... I don't know how to hide that feeling in front of them.
Re: Do Men Prefer Dumb Girls To Smart Ones? by Peacetemi: 8:50am On Oct 03, 2016
Not for me though grin
I can't stand them FishBrains

Just kill me already
cheesy
Re: Do Men Prefer Dumb Girls To Smart Ones? by trapQ: 11:37am On Oct 11, 2016
Cutehector grin grin grin
Cutehector:
Trapq

Hi
Re: Do Men Prefer Dumb Girls To Smart Ones? by Cutehector(m): 11:55am On Oct 11, 2016
trapQ:
Cutehector grin grin grin
phew is nw u are seeing my mention abi.. gerrara hia mehn
Re: Do Men Prefer Dumb Girls To Smart Ones? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 11, 2016
Dumb gyals for kpanshing.. smart gyals for wifey
Re: Do Men Prefer Dumb Girls To Smart Ones? by jorion(m): 12:10pm On Oct 11, 2016
i can't stand dumb egoistical shallow minded sexual oriented girls. i would rather be single for life than date one.
Re: Do Men Prefer Dumb Girls To Smart Ones? by Danyayebs: 12:11pm On Oct 11, 2016
Who your question epp?

I dry my singlet for here who carry am
Re: Do Men Prefer Dumb Girls To Smart Ones? by Danyayebs: 12:14pm On Oct 11, 2016
Jarizod:

As u the kpansh the dumb one the smart one the outsmart u the pkansh outside life is a circle the guy commenting below might even be the one kpanshing her
Re: Do Men Prefer Dumb Girls To Smart Ones? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 11, 2016
Danyayebs:

As u the kpansh the dumb one the smart one the outsmart u the pkansh outside life is a circle the guy commenting below might even be the one kpanshing her
I lost u from this point tongue
Re: Do Men Prefer Dumb Girls To Smart Ones? by Danyayebs: 12:20pm On Oct 11, 2016
Jarizod:

I lost u from this point tongue

Kolo
Re: Do Men Prefer Dumb Girls To Smart Ones? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 11, 2016
Danyayebs:
Kolo
tongue
Re: Do Men Prefer Dumb Girls To Smart Ones? by Danyayebs: 12:23pm On Oct 11, 2016
Jarizod:
tongue
Hey am the guy that commented below (happy)
Re: Do Men Prefer Dumb Girls To Smart Ones? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 11, 2016
Danyayebs:

Hey am the guy that commented below (happy)

You funny wahlai grin grin cracked me up
Re: Do Men Prefer Dumb Girls To Smart Ones? by Danyayebs: 12:25pm On Oct 11, 2016
Jarizod:

You funny wahlai grin grin cracked me up

OUT!!!!
Re: Do Men Prefer Dumb Girls To Smart Ones? by firstking01(m): 12:26pm On Oct 11, 2016
Jarizod:
You don enta one chance be that...guess you not in ph...smart girls here will outsmart you in totol.

1 Like

Re: Do Men Prefer Dumb Girls To Smart Ones? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 11, 2016
firstking01:
You don enta one chance be that...guess you not in ph...smart girls here will outsmart you in totol.

Lool..nawa oo
Re: Do Men Prefer Dumb Girls To Smart Ones? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 11, 2016
Men are attracted to dumb girls. Dummy oh dummy undecided Anything to stroke their godforsaken egos. Not a woman who can hold her own. Her views should be same with theirs. Few men like intelligent women. I've met very few guys who are not threatened by my intelligence tongue. Very few. If they can't meet up they say you're strict,tough,all sort of things embarassed
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Do Men Prefer Dumb Girls To Smart Ones? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 11, 2016
Wetin consigns me sef angry

Its 13:37 pm and i am yet to eat anything Buhari why na cry
Re: Do Men Prefer Dumb Girls To Smart Ones? by daryoor(m): 4:44pm On Oct 11, 2016
this story is a lie. cooked up to force a point. men are more scared of financially bouyant women. if u like grad with first class, or be a nobel laureate , you will get toasters as far as you are not too actractive or too paid.
drive a cool jeeep u are driving away toasters.
your phd will not discourage a bsc holder from toasting u.
Re: Do Men Prefer Dumb Girls To Smart Ones? by Malayy(m): 4:55pm On Oct 11, 2016
I don't care.. I just want punna. I don't stereotype. dumb or smart. if you offer me punna, I fvck.. simple..
Re: Do Men Prefer Dumb Girls To Smart Ones? by DeRay98(m): 5:10pm On Oct 11, 2016
Danyayebs:
Who your question epp?
You sure say no be Yaba left you escape from? grin

I dry my singlet for here who carry am
Re: Do Men Prefer Dumb Girls To Smart Ones? by trapQ: 8:23am On Oct 14, 2016
Sorry na. I'm not always online.
Cutehector:
phew is nw u are seeing my mention abi.. gerrara hia mehn
Re: Do Men Prefer Dumb Girls To Smart Ones? by Cutehector(m): 9:41am On Oct 14, 2016
trapQ:
Sorry na. I'm not always online.
so where exactly are u now? Georgia or woji or lag?

(1) (Reply)

Beautiful Pic Of A Police Couple. / 5 Kinds Of Nairaland Topics That Will Be Affected When Data Price Increases / Married Man Shows Off His Wife And Kid To His Ex See The Funny Thing He Said.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.