Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,864 members, 7,817,557 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

I Need Help. The Yield Of My Birds Is Droping In A Drastic Manner. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Need Help. The Yield Of My Birds Is Droping In A Drastic Manner. (794 Views)

Lost All My Birds..help / Improved Agronomic Practices For Sustainable High Yield Of Cassava In Nigeria / Pls I Need Poultry Grower Mash Formulation Urgently For My Birds Using; (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help. The Yield Of My Birds Is Droping In A Drastic Manner. by obiZEAL(m): 12:37pm On Oct 03, 2016
I have about 350 layers, when they started laying they were giving me about 14 creates per day, but it later dropped to about 11 creates. It stayed like that for a long time, then last week Thursday (after giving them EST for 3 days) it dropped to 10, yesterday I got just 9 creates and 16 and today's yield is not looking good.
Please lemme just get suggestion of any solution or possible causes.
CBC
Pavore9
FarmTech
Re: I Need Help. The Yield Of My Birds Is Droping In A Drastic Manner. by obiZEAL(m): 12:40pm On Oct 03, 2016
And they are not up to a year...( 28th November 2015)....they started laying around may this year
Re: I Need Help. The Yield Of My Birds Is Droping In A Drastic Manner. by Davash222(m): 12:43pm On Oct 03, 2016
Seems they are approaching menopause grin
Re: I Need Help. The Yield Of My Birds Is Droping In A Drastic Manner. by obiZEAL(m): 12:52pm On Oct 03, 2016
Davash222:
Seems they are approaching menopause grin
I don't think so...just about 5 months inlay
Re: I Need Help. The Yield Of My Birds Is Droping In A Drastic Manner. by Tyche(m): 5:11pm On Oct 03, 2016
Which feed do you use or rather how do you make your feed?
Re: I Need Help. The Yield Of My Birds Is Droping In A Drastic Manner. by obiZEAL(m): 8:07pm On Oct 03, 2016
Tyche:
Which feed do you use or rather how do you make your feed?
I use lifestock layer mash
Re: I Need Help. The Yield Of My Birds Is Droping In A Drastic Manner. by Tyche(m): 9:02pm On Oct 03, 2016
obiZEAL:
I use lifestock layer mash
Do you formulate yourself or buy ready made feed?
Re: I Need Help. The Yield Of My Birds Is Droping In A Drastic Manner. by obiZEAL(m): 9:33pm On Oct 03, 2016
Tyche:

Do you formulate yourself or buy ready made feed?
I buy ready made
Re: I Need Help. The Yield Of My Birds Is Droping In A Drastic Manner. by Tyche(m): 9:47pm On Oct 03, 2016
obiZEAL:

I buy ready made

Your problem may lie in the feed, I suggest you contact them and get their opinion on the matter.
Re: I Need Help. The Yield Of My Birds Is Droping In A Drastic Manner. by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 10:18pm On Oct 03, 2016
obiZEAL:
I have about 350 layers, when they started laying they were giving me about 14 creates per day, but it later dropped to about 11 creates. It stayed like that for a long time, then last week Thursday (after giving them EST for 3 days) it dropped to 10, yesterday I got just 9 creates and 16 and today's yield is not looking good.
Please lemme just get suggestion of any solution or possible causes.
CBC
Pavore9
FarmTech

First, it is impossible to have 14 creates of eggs per day from a flock of 350 birds. 350 birds will give you 11.20 creates per day if at all, all are laying which is impossible.

What is Your vaccination schedule? Do you deworm them every six weeks?
Re: I Need Help. The Yield Of My Birds Is Droping In A Drastic Manner. by obiZEAL(m): 7:54am On Oct 05, 2016
IdisuleOurOwn:

First, it is impossible to have 14 creates of eggs per day from a flock of 350 birds. 350 birds will give you 11.20 creates per day if at all, all are laying which is impossible.

What is Your vaccination schedule? Do you deworm them every six weeks?
Thanks G....I only assumed 350 to prevent overestimating, I originally bought 8 cartons and from brooding till laying I lost a few. I also fished out those with less developed comb. So it might be above 350.

Yea I deworm, but not every 6 week ( usually more than) and i vaccinate them every 5 weeks.

The latest dev is that two died on Monday...2 days ago....took them to the vet and the Dr said I should buy antiviral and magadox-N.....that's the drugs they are on now....I hope to see improvement afterwards

Thanks man
Re: I Need Help. The Yield Of My Birds Is Droping In A Drastic Manner. by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 8:05am On Oct 05, 2016
obiZEAL:

Thanks G....I only assumed 350 to prevent overestimating, I originally bought 8 cartons and from brooding till laying I lost a few. I also fished out those with less developed comb. So it might be above 350.

Yea I deworm, but not every 6 week ( usually more than) and i vaccinate them every 5 weeks.

The latest dev is that two died on Monday...2 days ago....took them to the vet and the Dr said I should buy antiviral and magadox-N.....that's the drugs they are on now....I hope to see improvement afterwards

Thanks man

I pray and hope you see improvement.

Btw, are they in cage of deep litter?
Re: I Need Help. The Yield Of My Birds Is Droping In A Drastic Manner. by DEBJOCH1(m): 9:31pm On Oct 05, 2016
Alot of things may be as a result of thedrop in their production, check their feed make sure they get enough feed and hope you did not change their feed along the line? Check their water, make sure their water source is clean, sine time when u administer vercine such as Lazota to them, for after some days their production rate definitely will drop and after some days it peaks up. Better still call a trained vet.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help. The Yield Of My Birds Is Droping In A Drastic Manner. by obiZEAL(m): 10:16pm On Oct 06, 2016
IdisuleOurOwn:

I pray and hope you see improvement.

Btw, are they in cage of deep litter?
Deep litter...got 10 creates and 18 today....
There is improvement
Re: I Need Help. The Yield Of My Birds Is Droping In A Drastic Manner. by obiZEAL(m): 10:18pm On Oct 06, 2016
DEBJOCH1:
Alot of things may be as a result of thedrop in their production, check their feed make sure they get enough feed and hope you did not change their feed along the line? Check their water, make sure their water source is clean, sine time when u administer vercine such as Lazota to them, for after some days their production rate definitely will drop and after some days it peaks up. Better still call a trained vet.
thanks man....I'm currently treating them for any possible viral or bacterial infection (after I lost two in two days)...and I have seen positive change...thanks

(1) (Reply)

Cat Fish For Sale In Abuja / Packaged Smoked Catfish For Sale / Free 3days Snail Farming Seminar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.