Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,209 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm (47018 Views)

Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava / How Much Will It Cost Me To Start A Poultry Farm? / How To Sucessfully Start A Poultry Feedmill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by adecz: 7:14pm On Feb 10, 2017
Get in touch for a professional bid plan, either for point of lay or from day old chicks. I can assure you that you must be prepared with nothing less than 500k for a 500 birds.
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by upsyLi(m): 7:14pm On Feb 10, 2017
macdot:

Due to the high cost of things, I will advise you to estimate 1500 per bird till point of lay. It may end up a little bit less than that but you will be within range of your budget.
Also on the profit aspect, you should know they won't feed themselves immediately they start laying however, in doing your estimate, you will assume that they will start feeding themselves from 24weeks and also calculate your profit based on a projection of 75% production. However, their production can reach 85 to 90% if everything is done right.
It's better to base your calculations on this so as not to be disappointed when you don't achieve 100% production at the end of the day or get stuck in the middle even before your birds start laying.
Good luck
You're so on point like decimal. Just looking at the person that said 950naira up there like .
Just to add, A professional in the field would be an added advantage.

1 Like

Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by upsyLi(m): 7:26pm On Feb 10, 2017
AprokoNaija:

Thank you so Much bro... can't thank you enough.
My pleasure
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by Joey40: 7:56pm On Feb 10, 2017
rockyh:
Dear nairalander, I would like to know the cost of setting up a poultry farm. I already have battery cage n space . All I need is the estimated cost of purchasing and feeding about 500birds to laying point n probably it's returns in terms of profit so as to c if it's a viable business to embark on thanks Please mod move it to the front page cos of its urgency

Go for point of lay Instead of pullets, you'll have to get from a reliable source of course so they don't lie about their age and all other possible cons, buts its cheaper that way, since you're just starting might I suggest lesser amount(than5oo) you seem inexperienced (sorry I might be wrong).
But alll the same good luck mate
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by ngolokante(m): 8:09pm On Feb 10, 2017
upsyLi:

Adress not correct

So sorry. Its abdulqudus83@gmail.com
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by askYomi(m): 8:23pm On Feb 10, 2017
upsyLi:
@Op, forward me your email, I just prepared that of 1000birds to someone, I'm sure you can divide the cost to derive that of 500birds

Pls sir! Will also need the caotation.
abyatom2@yahoo.com.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by k199192: 8:46pm On Feb 10, 2017
upsyLi:
@Op, forward me your email, I just prepared that of 1000birds to someone, I'm sure you can divide the cost to derive that of 500birds
you know some people are here to learn... Myself included... Why don't you do us the favor and post whatever info you have here... Thank you...
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by k199192: 8:48pm On Feb 10, 2017
Ochoiho:
@ Xandy84, I'm interested in your partnership proposal. Can we talk? talk2obute@yahoo.co.uk
bad sharp guy...
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by Kbs468(m): 9:01pm On Feb 10, 2017
upsyLi:

Done
please Brother
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by macdot(m): 10:10pm On Feb 10, 2017
upsyLi:

You're so on point like decimal. Just looking at the person that said 950naira up there like .
Just to add, A professional in the field would be an added advantage.

Yes, he needs the services of a professional who will be readily available for vaccinations and emergencies. The token you will pay is better than loosing an investment in this hard time.

1 Like

Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by datemax: 10:29pm On Feb 10, 2017
Am interested in the quotation, thanks. datemax@yahoo.com

upsyLi:
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by Danieltheone(m): 10:29pm On Feb 10, 2017
upsyLi:

Please I'd also love to have this quotation. e-mail is : danieltheone09@gmail.com. Thanks.
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by austanoy2k(m): 10:30pm On Feb 10, 2017
Pls can you send a copy to me also?
austinebamy@gmail.com
upsyLi:
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by xandy84: 10:31pm On Feb 10, 2017
I am looking for someone Lagos area, possibly Ogun or Oyo state.. Thanks

Mrjo:
aba abia state
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by Mrjo(m): 10:42pm On Feb 10, 2017
xandy84:

bt did u hav something in place? If yes give me more details
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by xandy84: 10:49pm On Feb 10, 2017
I have nothing in place. I grow up around poultry and I have liking for it. Was thinking it will not be a bad idea to invest a thousand dollar or so and watch it grow. My choice of Lagos or Ogun state is due to close proximity to my family so they can check on it so I will be throwing my money away. Naija not smiling...

Mrjo:
bt did u hav something in place? If yes give me more details
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by Mrjo(m): 11:06pm On Feb 10, 2017
xandy84:
I have nothing in place. I grow up around poultry and I have liking for it. Was thinking it will not be a bad idea to invest a thousand dollar or so and watch it grow. My choice of Lagos or Ogun state is due to close proximity to my family so they can check on it so I will be throwing my money away. Naija not smiling...

ok! that means land and other facilities are needed, i can still work with as far as the farm is concern Send me mail on okoronkwo_john@yahoo.com
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by jesse8048(m): 11:31pm On Feb 10, 2017
upsyLi:

Done

Tanx bro

1 Like

Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by jeeray(m): 12:07am On Feb 11, 2017
Please sir @upsyLi. am interested too email is - eolajire@yahoo.com
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by sp2002(m): 12:10am On Feb 11, 2017
Quotation for 1000layers (d.o.c) for 21 weeks

Feed:-
70bgs chick mash @ 3980 - 278,600
290bgs grower mash @ 3500 - 1,015,000
Medication & vaccination :-

Total - 1,443,600

The above quote depends on the area where you are siting the farm and excludes the cost of chicks, cost of land , pen construction, brooding apparatus, cage ,salaries and others

For more info contact :-
Sp2002 poultry & land consultancy
Whatsapp 08171902802
Tj.sp2002@gmail.com
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by mikolo80: 12:42am On Feb 11, 2017
whistlee:

Feed alone is apr N900,000.ie
@POL,12kg feed is consumed.
12kg/bird * 500=6000kg of feed,
6000kg divide by 25kgbag=240bags,
240bags *N3,500 a bag=N840,000.
In their whole life on ur farm(17-18 mths),
each bird will consume approx 50kg of feed. Calculate. Meanwhile drugs not included.

Nice calculation by the way
Always wondered how to do it.
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by tony1918(m): 12:47am On Feb 11, 2017
upsyLi:
don't mind if you forward to my mail too akeu1918@gmail.com..Thank you in anticipation
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by whistlee: 6:25am On Feb 11, 2017
Mr rockyh,
I can give u a complete breakdown of all u need to know.
Dimension of housing,type of feed, cost of feed,types of drugs &medications, all inputs & implements to use,technicalities involved, sales and where to sell, profit to expect.
(just for a little token)
Email me; joelshehu2012@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by upsyLi(m): 6:27am On Feb 11, 2017
k199192:
you know some people are here to learn... Myself included... Why don't you do us the favor and post whatever info you have here... Thank you...
I'm sorry if you feel that way but mind you, Poultry biz is not something you learn online, it took some of us years of Study in School, some of us Experience and Some of us both to have the knowledge. And if you read what I Wrote, you'd discover I'm sending a doc/pdf format which ain't supported on the Forum.

2 Likes

Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by upsyLi(m): 6:29am On Feb 11, 2017
whistlee:

I can give u a complete breakdown of all u need to know.
Dimension of housing,type of feed, cost of feed,types of drugs &medications, all inputs & implements to use,technicalities involved, sales and where to sell, profit to expect.
(just for a little token)
Email me; joelshehu2012@gmail.com

Now a professional is talking. Thumbs up whistlee.
At k199192 I was actually sending it at No cost. you can ask the recipients

1 Like

Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by upsyLi(m): 6:32am On Feb 11, 2017
sp2002:
Quotation for 1000layers (d.o.c) for 21 weeks

Feed:-
70bgs chick mash @ 3980 - 278,600
290bgs grower mash @ 3500 - 1,015,000
Medication & vaccination :-

Total - 1,443,600

The above quote depends on the area where you are siting the farm and excludes the cost of chicks, cost of land , pen construction, brooding apparatus, cage ,salaries and others

For more info contact :-
Sp2002 poultry & land consultancy
Whatsapp 08171902802
Tj.sp2002@gmail.com
Thumbs up
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by whistlee: 8:16am On Feb 11, 2017
rockyh:
whats ur estimated cost to raise a thousand pullet to point of lay
U can't raise chick's in battery cages to point of lay due to their age ;only on exceptional case that u can. However, u can use ur cage from point of lay stage.

The estimate I gave on feed can be achieved with minimal or no wastages. Your profit is determined by the feed factor cos it amounts to 60% of the whole venture while others are 40%.

Email me let's talk on ;
joelshehu2012@gmail.com

(just for a token, u won't regret it cos I will be detailed)
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by Rzq4: 9:19am On Feb 11, 2017
xandy84:

a livestock farmer from oyo state.
email me via ayoadeabdul.aa@gmail.com to give you details about the business
in the south west region

whatsapp: 07067114951

Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by Kingfrankline(m): 10:54am On Feb 11, 2017
upsyLi:

Please I'll need this also. Thank you
Franklineulasi@gmail.com
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by VickyRotex(f): 11:00am On Feb 11, 2017
rockyh:
av bn trying to get facts and more information cos the economy is so bad to waste money so am yet to start but most likely next month

Oh I can imagine. All the best with that!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. / Hunter Kills An Elephant At Janiyi Camp, Idanre, Ondo State. / The Largest Pig Farm In Plateau State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.