Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm (46909 Views)

Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava / How Much Will It Cost Me To Start A Poultry Farm? / How To Sucessfully Start A Poultry Feedmill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by Rachaeleanah: 4:17pm On Feb 10, 2017
Jiang:

How much per head, will you take care of processing after purchase

35k for the group. Nothing left to take care of, it's self explanatory
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by Nobody: 4:23pm On Feb 10, 2017
upsyLi:
@Op, forward me your email, I just prepared that of 1000birds to someone, I'm sure you can divide the cost to derive that of 500birds

I will also need a copy of it.. Thanks
Email

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by koolguy88(m): 4:27pm On Feb 10, 2017
500 birds will consume 650k from day old to point of lay, medication inclusive.

500 birds will give you 14 creates of eggs daily
and consume 2 bags of feed daily.

do your estimated income and revert.
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by elvis59(m): 4:43pm On Feb 10, 2017
If u r in warri I can supply u day old chicks and building of cage
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by kentochi(m): 4:43pm On Feb 10, 2017
koolguy88:
500 birds will consume 650k from day old to point of lay, medication inclusive.

500 birds will give you 14 creates of eggs daily
and consume 2 bags of feed daily.

do your estimated income and revert.
on you on this now?
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by rockyh(m): 4:49pm On Feb 10, 2017
whistlee:

Feed alone is apr N900,000.ie
@POL,12kg feed is consumed.
12kg/bird * 500=6000kg of feed,
6000kg divide by 25kgbag=240bags,
240bags *N3,500 a bag=N840,000.
In their whole life on ur farm(17-18 mths),
each bird will consume approx 50kg of feed. Calculate. Meanwhile drugs not included.
whats ur estimated cost to raise a thousand pullet to point of lay
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by rockyh(m): 4:52pm On Feb 10, 2017
upsyLi:
@Op, forward me your email, I just prepared that of 1000birds to someone, I'm sure you can divide the cost to derive that of 500birds
anenehouston@gmail.com
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by ngolokante(m): 4:55pm On Feb 10, 2017
Used to run a poultry too and would have continued if not for occupational commitments...You need to do a market survey yourself, know the history of the chicks you are been supplied(beleive some chickens are as good as fake),have a good vet and don't make the mistake of entrusting the whole of your business to anybody be it blood or otherwise, the only person you can trust in this business is yourself...all the best
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by ngolokante(m): 4:56pm On Feb 10, 2017
upsyLi:

Please am interested in the quotation too. My email is abdulquds83@gmail.com
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by rockyh(m): 4:59pm On Feb 10, 2017
VickyRotex:

God Bless Your hustle jere.

How's the business going?
av bn trying to get facts and more information cos the economy is so bad to waste money so am yet to start but most likely next month
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by AprokoNaija: 5:00pm On Feb 10, 2017
upsyLi:

I am interested Sir, contact.tolulope1@gmail. com. whatsapp 08034313926
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by rockyh(m): 5:01pm On Feb 10, 2017
Please house can anyone give me a detailed breakdown of the cost of feeding vaccination n cage so I can weigh my financial capabilities
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by Mrjo(m): 5:04pm On Feb 10, 2017
xandy84:
Nice business. I will like to know if I can partner with anybody to start up the poultry business. I can take care of the finance while my partner take care of the labour etc.
ur location?
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by MayhorE(m): 5:09pm On Feb 10, 2017
lordizak:

are u a fool?
cheesycheesycheesycheesy just imagine
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by beulahfarm: 5:17pm On Feb 10, 2017
cost of day old is #250, per layer pullet preferable Isa brown breed" , cost of starter feeds is # 4200 and grower #3600 and layers mash #4000, lasota, gumboro, neoceryl,embaceryl komorov R2B vaccine or d oil vaccine , MAREKS vaccine , kerosen or gas brooders , saw dust and labour.

all did if u re doing it ur self with all d above mentioned will cost u per birds # 950, but if u don't want to do all did stress point of lay is # 1500 @ 17weeks , @ 12 weeks #1350 contact us for more on 08032415588

profit margin: well mature 500 mature layers producing at least %75 is 12.5 crate per day , cost of feed is 3850 , 500 will consume 57.5kg at 0.115gram per birds costing #8885 per day feeding , and sales 12.5 @ 950 = # 11875 - cost of feeding # 8885 = #2990 dats ur daily gains DAT d least production, dey can produce at 80%, 85% and even 90% daily depending on ur management and bio security, feeding and all other factors .

Beulah farm @ Dalemo bus stop sango ota Ogun state, ; farm consultant, book ur day old pullet, cock, broiler , local turkey , hybrid , point of lay etc . 08032415588
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by swagifted(m): 5:24pm On Feb 10, 2017
Ay04z:
make i use my ponzi scheme gain invest ooo..have already. bought plot of land...am thinking of piggery farming...
we think alike.

1 Like

Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by upsyLi(m): 5:39pm On Feb 10, 2017
jesse8048:

Jessenonso@gmail.com
Tanx
Done
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by upsyLi(m): 5:40pm On Feb 10, 2017
AprokoNaija:

I am interested Sir, contact.tolulope1@gmail. com. whatsapp 08034313926
Done
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by upsyLi(m): 5:41pm On Feb 10, 2017
ngolokante:

Please am interested in the quotation too. My email is abdulquds83@gmail.com
Adress not correct
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by upsyLi(m): 5:44pm On Feb 10, 2017
rockyh:
anenehouston@gmail.com
Done
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by upsyLi(m): 5:45pm On Feb 10, 2017
Charlescobi:

I will also need a copy of it.. Thanks Email : charlescobi@gmail.com
Done
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by xandy84: 6:01pm On Feb 10, 2017
Out of Naija... your location?

Mrjo:
ur location?
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by stancod(m): 6:18pm On Feb 10, 2017
Talk2Bella:
if you're in Lagos I can supply you day old layers from ibadan
wat is d cost
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by lielbree: 6:40pm On Feb 10, 2017
Hakeem3:

please what type of housing are u using and can u snap d materials too and share ?
I built a chicken cage. I'll send it tomorrow. I'm far from the place now.

1 Like

Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by lielbree: 6:42pm On Feb 10, 2017
Talk2Bella:

they have added money for layers?

na wao
Na so o, the feeds adds money on a weekly basis
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by shinechinedu(m): 6:45pm On Feb 10, 2017
xandy84:
Nice business. I will like to know if I can partner with anybody to start up the poultry business. I can take care of the finance while my partner take care of the labour etc.
we can partner together.. I have a poultry in delta state that can accommodate 1500 birds.. Right now I only have about 250 broilers and looking to grow it to max capacity soon if I have a partner.. I've been in the biz for a year now. The cost of feed is just killing. You can message me directly at neutrinosproject@gmail.com. these are the pictures when I brought the new batch

Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by macdot(m): 6:50pm On Feb 10, 2017
rockyh:
Dear nairalander, I would like to know the cost of setting up a poultry farm. I already have battery cage n space . All I need is the estimated cost of purchasing and feeding about 500birds to laying point n probably it's returns in terms of profit so as to c if it's a viable business to embark on thanks Please mod move it to the front page cos of its urgency

Due to the high cost of things, I will advise you to estimate 1500 per bird till point of lay. It may end up a little bit less than that but you will be within range of your budget.
Also on the profit aspect, you should know they won't feed themselves immediately they start laying however, in doing your estimate, you will assume that they will start feeding themselves from 24weeks and also calculate your profit based on a projection of 75% production. However, their production can reach 85 to 90% if everything is done right.
It's better to base your calculations on this so as not to be disappointed when you don't achieve 100% production at the end of the day or get stuck in the middle even before your birds start laying.
Good luck

1 Like

Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by AprokoNaija: 6:53pm On Feb 10, 2017
upsyLi:
Done
Thank you so Much bro... can't thank you enough.
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by Talk2Bella(f): 6:55pm On Feb 10, 2017
lielbree:
Na so o, the feeds adds money on a weekly basis
no be lie
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by mrjojo: 7:03pm On Feb 10, 2017
Talk2Bella:

which company are you booking from?

our poultry is in Lagos dear not Ibadan
oh OK, a friend will be taking me there Monday
Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by Mrjo(m): 7:07pm On Feb 10, 2017
xandy84:
Out of Naija... your location?

aba abia state

1 Like

Re: Estimated Cost Of Setting Up A Poultry Farm by airminem(f): 7:08pm On Feb 10, 2017
lordizak:

are u a fool?
Did You Get The Ans?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Somebody Help Pls...my Birds Are Dying! / Imota Rice Mill Nears Completion, Set To Be The Third Largest In The World / Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.