Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,058 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava (15511 Views)

Rice Production Guide For 1 Hectare Of Land / Cost Of Setting Up Cucumber Plantation On 1 Hectare Of Land / Cost Of Cultivating 1 Hectare Of Okra & Pepper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava by SLOVFO(m): 11:13am On Sep 06, 2017
Dear friends,

I planned going into big time cassava farming next year.

Can anyone help me with a breakdown of what it may cost to farm 1 hectare of cassava?

3 Likes

Re: Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava by wondaboi2010(m): 11:19am On Sep 06, 2017
for standard mechanized farming, it will cost you 670,000 naira Only
Re: Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava by SLOVFO(m): 12:08pm On Sep 06, 2017
wondaboi2010:

That's massive!
Thanks
Re: Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava by Adonkia(m): 6:24pm On Sep 06, 2017
wondaboi2010:
please give a breakdown of the cost?
Re: Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava by wondaboi2010(m): 6:53pm On Sep 06, 2017
Adonkia:
please give a breakdown of the cost?
That's beyond the scope of the question.
Re: Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava by Adonkia(m): 6:17am On Sep 07, 2017
wondaboi2010:

grin
wondaboi2010:

Re: Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava by eminikansoso(m): 11:28am On Sep 07, 2017
Forget about these Internet farmers.
They know nothing about farming just look at their analysis.
Now Let me educate you on cassava farming business.
Let assume you want to farm on an hectare of land which is 100m by 100m equal to 10,000m square.
Land clearing during the january /February period will cost you 15000 to 25000 depend on the locations.
Next stage is Tilling and Ridges by tractor or manual, but tractor will be much better and will cost you around 20,000 to 30,000 depend on your locations.
Other stages include herbicide spraying and planting of cassava, you will need like 4 litres of herbicides and 50 bundles of cassava stems for 1 hectare of cassava farm which will cause you around 75,000 for proper planting of 1 meter spacing.
It take cause 9 to 12 months to reach maturity stage and it depends on the species.
Harvesting is done by hand and like me I sell by ton no further processing because of time and stress involve.
For an hectare of cassava farm highest I have uproot is about 63 tons about 2 years ago and was sold at 22500 per ton then.
Thanks
cassava farming is very lucrative no magic about it but it take time.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava by Adonkia(m): 3:26pm On Sep 07, 2017
You are right. i just wanted to test him and he dodged the question. i have 3 hectares of cassava. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava by enilove(m): 4:02pm On Sep 07, 2017
I would like to veenture into this as well but my fear is where to locate it and also the securities.

I would really appreciate your kind advice.

I live in Ogun State , Abule Ijoko, Sango Ota.
Re: Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava by danwa25(m): 5:19pm On Sep 07, 2017
Land clearing and preparation 25k
Ploughing 8.5k
Pre emergence weed control chemical 30k
Harrowing 11.5k
Ridging 12k
Cassava stem 24k(60 bundles)
Planting 10k
Second weed control(manual) 10k
Third weed control(post emergence) 20k
Harvesting 26k
Miscellaneous 10k
Total 190.5k
SLOVFO:
Dear friends,

Can anyone help me with a breakdown of what it may cost to farm 1 hectare of cassava?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava by muhamm3d: 5:27pm On Sep 07, 2017
internet farmer grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava by ibrabdul72(m): 6:37pm On Sep 07, 2017
danwa25:
Land clearing and preparation 25k
Ploughing 8.5k
Pre emergence weed control chemical 30k
Harrowing 11.5k
Ridging 12k
Cassava stem 24k(60 bundles)
Planting 10k
Second weed control(manual) 10k
Third weed control(post emergence) 20k
Harvesting 26k
Miscellaneous 10k
Total 190.5k
Fantastic analysis. Although it varies from one location to the other. Can cassava be planted in October?

2 Likes

Re: Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava by teawhy85(m): 6:15pm On Sep 08, 2017
hello house, can anyone give me idea about hiring a tractor for clearing about 50 acres of land in Iseyin, oyo state and also the idea of the price for the whole acres
Re: Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava by joeybankz: 11:53am On Sep 12, 2020
With a business plan you can estimate correctly through a research on the amount or the cost of setting up a cassava farm
https://www.ngbusiness.com.ng/how-to-start-cassava-farming-in-nigeria/
Re: Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava by KfashionHubb: 12:10pm On Sep 16, 2020
wondaboi2010:
lies from 3yrs ago

3 Likes

Re: Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava by KfashionHubb: 12:11pm On Sep 16, 2020
teawhy85:
hello house, can anyone give me idea about hiring a tractor for clearing about 50 acres of land in Iseyin, oyo state and also the idea of the price for the whole acres
did you eventually plant? Plz drop your number. I HV Very important info for you
Re: Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava by Thazard(m): 3:18pm On Feb 14, 2021
KfashionHubb:
lies from 3yrs ago

Why do you believe it's all lies
Re: Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava by priesthood13: 3:43pm On Feb 14, 2021
eminikansoso:
Let assume you want to farm on an hectare of land which is 100m by 100m equal to 10,000m square.
Land clearing during the january /February period will cost you 15000 to 25000 depend on the locations.
Next stage is Tilling and Ridges by tractor or manual, but tractor will be much better and will cost you around 20,000 to 30,000 depend on your locations.
Other stages include herbicide spraying and planting of cassava, you will need like 4 litres of herbicides and 50 bundles of cassava stems for 1 hectare of cassava farm which will cause you around 75,000 for proper planting of 1 meter spacing.
It take cause 9 to 12 months to reach maturity stage and it depends on the species.
Harvesting is done by hand and like me I sell by ton no further processing because of time and stress involve.
For an hectare of cassava farm highest I have uproot is about 63 tons about 2 years ago and was sold at 22500 per ton then.
Thanks

Wow. I must commend your analysis because I see it's details and look like a practising farmers but I however frown at your yield 63 tons because even all varieties of cassava by IITA yield are 25tons/Ha except the newly develop TMS 980505 (fine face) which is 32tonnes/Ha.

1. Which variety of cassava do you plan that gives such amazing yield even beyond the IITA seed centre own?

3 Likes

Re: Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava by priesthood13: 3:45pm On Feb 14, 2021
teawhy85:
kindly contact me as we have farm in Iseyin-Ibadan Road, Iseyin, Oyo State. I can be of help
Re: Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava by priesthood13: 3:51pm On Feb 14, 2021
contact me on O8136629978 (call/whatsapp/sms)
Re: Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava by makeitijn: 12:17am On Feb 17, 2021
SLOVFO:
Dear friends,

are you now into big time cassava farming ?
Re: Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava by makeitijn: 12:18am On Feb 17, 2021
priesthood13:

Wow. I must commend your analysis because I see it's details and look like a practising farmers but I however frown at your yield 63 tons because even all varieties of cassava by IITA yield are 25tons/Ha except the newly develop TMS 980505 (fine face) which is 32tonnes/Ha.

1. Which variety of cassava do you plan that gives such amazing yield even beyond the IITA seed centre own?
your number plz
Re: Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava by priesthood13: 8:14pm On Feb 17, 2021
makeitijn:
your number plz
contact me on O8136629978 (call/whatsapp/sms)
Re: Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava by SLOVFO(m): 8:44am On Feb 18, 2021
makeitijn:
are you now into big time cassava farming ?
Nope. Not yet... herdsmen wahala
Re: Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava by Nezzjnr: 10:50am On Feb 25, 2021
SLOVFO:

Please can I get your contact
Re: Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava by steveyen(m): 4:26am On Aug 25, 2021
Please how many bundles of TME 419 cassava will i need for my 12 acres farm?

I will need chemicals on the land before planting the cassava stems?

Some are suggesting termicides, herbicides to kill the trees and insectides.

please if i need the above could anyone please help with the quantities needed for each type of chemicals and how i can get them.

Thank you all in advance .
Re: Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava by Onyxunlimited(f): 1:58am On Sep 15, 2021
SLOVFO:

You could fence your farm, that would keep the terrorists out.
Re: Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava by SLOVFO(m): 8:30am On Sep 15, 2021
Onyxunlimited:

You could fence your farm, that would keep the terrorists out.
How many acres of land can you fence economically? It doesn't make any economic sense.

2 Likes

Re: Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava by Chioma99(f): 9:36pm On Sep 15, 2021
please my fellow nairalanders i just want to ask a question......
how profitable is chilli pepper farming?
is it a profitable farming venture or not just that profitable.
am in Lagos and a friend of mine is looking to invest heavily on chilli pepper farming
i want to know if there are steady buyers for it or not.
although pepper sells well but i don't really know of this chilli pepper
please how profitable is it here in Lagos?
thanks....

1 Like

Re: Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava by sessypgm(m): 4:22am On Aug 02, 2022
It's profitable depends on management.
Re: Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava by Tochisly: 12:39pm On Apr 10, 2023
Adonkia:
You are right. i just wanted to test him and he dodged the question. i have 3 hectares of cassava. cheesy

Hi please can you share your contact? I would love to know more about this cassava farming

1 Like

Re: Estimated Cost Of Farming 1 Hectare Of Cassava by Tochisly: 12:40pm On Apr 10, 2023
eminikansoso:
Thanks
Hi please can you share your contact? I would love to know more about this cassava farming

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) / Lagos Assembly Members, Abisola Olusanya Inspects Imota Rice Mill Project / A Business Plan On The Establishment Of Poultry Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.