Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? - Culture (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? (35979 Views)

Poll: Proud to be a citizen of Nigeria?

Yes: 80% (111 votes)
No: 19% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

Why Are You Proud To Be Nigerian? / Igbo Kwenu! Kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady / Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by omoge(f): 1:12am On Jul 19, 2007
na sooo o, lol. yeah Al, ina zuwa?
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Nobody: 3:28am On Jul 19, 2007
omoge:

Awwwwwwwwwwww grin miss you too. Welcome back to Babylon. Jah children still fighting ina Babylon. Where you go before? why you come start like this now eh?

take am easy my brother grin

they say you can calm a beast with soft words,I doubt if you can cast out his many demons with same. grin

Hello guys, i am so dissapointed in all of you modern day Nigeria girls, i wish you all ignore me on Nairaland. Never say nothing to me-except for the ones i know already which does not include Busy Bee,Ayefele, nnegeigbo,babyosisi,nosycheek you are the stupidest people ever. Please again never say anything to me. Get in school, if u can't afford it go to library got damn it.
Omoge(nilly), i miss u!!!

Al,they don give you early release from psychia?
welucome bak
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by chiegemba(f): 3:35am On Jul 19, 2007
@ topic; yeah still appreciate my country & i try 2 represent it any day/ time wink much love 2 Nigeria cool kiss cheesy
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by smile007: 9:38am On Jul 19, 2007
Yeah proudly nigerian !!!!! grin
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by smile007: 9:40am On Jul 19, 2007
If u are not prode to be a nigerian go and die ! A man who is not proud of his country does not wort living tongue
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by mellow(m): 9:54am On Jul 19, 2007
I am indeed proud of Nigeria but I am not proud of myself

cos I have not been able to make a difference.
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by soulpatrol(f): 4:01am On Jul 20, 2007
@mellow. i totally feel u on that one. if anything i wish i could make a difference, make myself useful to my country so i can beat my chest with pride, but na lie, which opportunity are we ever given? granted, we shouldn't wait  for the country to do something for us, but vice versa, but u know say ur life go dey on the line if u try. for a poor student who has such a bright vision to get thru school alone is frustrating, at the end of the day u just want nothing to do with the system. they frustrate u into leaving the country. why won't people run away? u try to bring new fresh ideas in, and the people that forever hate changes will block u from doing so. God help us, how can u help a country that doesn't want to be helped. i'm sure even God has given up on us.  :-
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by LILDICEs: 2:20pm On Jul 20, 2007
i wish i was south african lol just playing arround am proud to be nigerian all day.
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by 9ja4eva: 10:53pm On Jul 21, 2007
Anyday
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by dakmanzero(m): 8:20am On Jul 22, 2007
soulpatrol:

@mellow. i totally feel u on that one. if anything i wish i could make a difference, make myself useful to my country so i can beat my chest with pride, but na lie, which opportunity are we ever given? granted, we shouldn't wait  for the country to do something for us, but vice versa, but u know say your life go dey on the line if u try. for a poor student who has such a bright vision to get through school alone is frustrating, at the end of the day u just want nothing to do with the system. they frustrate u into leaving the country. why won't people run away? u try to bring new fresh ideas in, and the people that forever hate changes will block u from doing so. God help us, how can u help a country that doesn't want to be helped. i'm sure even God has given up on us.  :-

I second that 100%

The majority of our problems begin in the schools. The educators are so bitter and disillusioned that they maliciously transfer their ill-feelings to the students and kill whatever chances we may have of reform before they are even fully formed.

Students enter school filled with hopes and dreams, and graduate as jaded individuals for whom the end justifies the means, any which way, just substituting grades for cash.

The schools dont reward vision. They reward dogged selfish single minded opportunism and 'hustling'.

A nation of hustlers is a banana republic. A nation only in name.

What Nigerian is really proud to be Nigerian? we are just fooling ourselves. You may be proud to be an 'Ajayi' or an 'Okafor' or an 'Edo' but a Nigerian? when we hate each other so much? I'm not sure.
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by MP007(m): 8:48am On Jul 22, 2007
hmm lets see, hmmmmmmmm.this is a hard question ooooo/, (after 2 hours) , stil thinking, i'll get back to u on this one, grin
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Mustay(m): 1:21pm On Jul 22, 2007
No be 4 only 9ja problems de.

u beta thank God say u betea pass some people

[size=78pt]NAIJA TILL I DIE[/size]
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by 9ja4eva: 5:21pm On Jul 22, 2007
If not Nigeria nothing else for me
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by soulpatrol(f): 11:38pm On Jul 22, 2007
e ma paro o (keep lying y'all) tongue
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Mustay(m): 5:05am On Jul 24, 2007
which one concern u?

by 2014,this nation shall be 100!

4 al,l them haters, take 5 iya yin!!!
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by zenom: 3:53pm On Jul 25, 2007
I AM SOOOOOOOO PROUD TO BE NIGERIAN.

Its all i've known, its taught me how to suffer, how to be hard how to be kind, how to be hospitable
and how to raise my head up against all odds,

My first million is going to come from this land not abroad!! HERE. NAIJA!!

Shame on those that deny where they come from,thank God they dont have the power to change the blood that runs through them.
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Mustay(m): 9:53am On Jul 27, 2007
up naija
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Mustay(m): 11:04am On Jul 28, 2007
[size=48pt]am proud 2 be naija

am proud 2 be nigeria

am proud 2 be nigerian
[/size]
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Mustay(m): 2:15pm On Jul 28, 2007
grin grin grin

BESTEST COUNTRY IN DA WORLD
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by 9ja4eva: 2:04am On Jul 30, 2007
obowunmi:

iraq,afghanistan or india nko?one of them go fit you well well. grin grin

U mean u?U too yoke
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Mustay(m): 11:18pm On Aug 31, 2007
[size=78pt]south westernly naija[/size]
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by 9ja4eva: 12:07am On Sep 01, 2007
Am so proud to be NIGERIAN
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by ssRhino: 12:39am On Sep 01, 2007
The one that disgust me more is are the nigerians that just arrived in the western world and within 2 years, they will tell you they cant speak their own language any longer, cos now they feel like butter, total nonesense, there was this stupid yoruba lady from Ondo, that has only been in canada for 2 years and she started lying that she no understand yoruba any longer, and a ghana guy has to be translating a nija (yoruba) movie to this lady, till one day the guy evesdrop on her speaking not just yoruba, but her Ondo language on da fone, the guy was crushed, so sad that some nigerians will got o any lenght for acceptance in another man's land, this is why even chinese wanna use nija as slave in nigeria
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by omoge(f): 12:49am On Sep 01, 2007
lol that was hilarious, grin grin grin
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Mustay(m): 1:11am On Sep 01, 2007
sad sad sad sad indeed
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Ndipe(m): 6:53am On Sep 01, 2007
Even after living in America these years, I still regard myself as a citizen of Nigeria.
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Mustay(m): 8:42am On Sep 01, 2007
thank god 4 u
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by Nella(f): 1:49pm On Sep 01, 2007
NIGERIA! ANY DAY, ANY TIME ANYWWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![b][/b]
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by younghoodi(m): 2:06pm On Sep 01, 2007
nope is a shame to be nigerian i will be proud to be nigerian if igbos decided to be biafrans.
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by yongbabe(f): 2:36pm On Sep 01, 2007
1 of the best thing that eer happened 2 me, was being born a Nigerian.
last week ma mom was traelin 2 9ja n i almost hid in her breifcase.
1 of the reasons wjile i go throuh evry day happily is the thought that in 2 yrs i will be back in ma mother country.
i love Nigeria, n ya i am proud 2 be naija.

@HOT-ANGEL
i feel ya girl.
i met this stupid guy ( half nigerian ( father) half colombian or smth( mother) n he was born in london)
i was like "hae u ever been 2 9ja" n he said he wasnt nigerian that he was from london.

i live in portugal speak portuguese fluentlty n i still consider myself 100 percent nigerian. evry body that knows me knows where i am from.
course i neva stop talkin abouT ma lovely country NIGERIA.
I CANT WAIT 2 GO BACK.
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by spicie: 11:00pm On Sep 01, 2007
Ain't a big deal. Am a Nigerian so wat ! If they lyke let them turn me into pieces. Even a bastard has biological father. "when u c mad man in a market place there's the owner'' whoever u c in another and country and denyng his ancestral origin. Don't bet me, he's either a bastard or from a useless family, or his parent committed a shame and run away. Nna am very annoyed. No matter wat naija will turn i will never ever say no to it. We have to stay there and salvate it together. May the work of our forefathers shall never invain. May God help the blessed country (NIGERIA) IF PEAPLE FROM PARADISE DE PLAY MATCH WITH NAIJA IGO DE NAIJA FANS. Weenn.
Re: Are You Proud To Be A Nigerian? by spicie: 11:01pm On Sep 01, 2007
Ain't a big deal. Am a Nigerian so wat ! If they lyke let them turn me into pieces. Even a bastard has biological father. "when u c mad man in a market place there's the owner'' whoever u c in another and country and denyng his ancestral origin. Don't bet me, he's either a bastard or from a useless family, or his parent committed a shame and run away. Nna am very annoyed. No matter wat naija will turn i will never ever say no to it. We have to stay there and salvate it together. May the work of our forefathers shall never invain. May God help the blessed country (NIGERIA) IF PEAPLE FROM PARADISE DE PLAY MATCH WITH NAIJA IGO DE NAIJA FANS. Weenn.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25)

Photos From 2021 Osun Osogbo Festival / Ijebu: Jebusites? What A Myth! / All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.