Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

Have You Ever Been Broke? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Been Broke? (2294 Views)

My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise / Why Most Young Working Class Nigerian Bachelors Are Broke / The Selfie That Broke The Internet! Spot The Fail.(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been Broke? by showbobo(m): 3:54pm On Oct 16, 2009
Has it ever occured to you one time in your life that you've been actually broke??That you couldnt afford to pay your bills,feed and unable to afford things you actually needed then, . Looking back now at those days,how do you feel??Or is anyone going through hard times now and wants to share
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke? by ifyalways(f): 4:12pm On Oct 16, 2009
showbobo:

Has it ever occured to you one time in your life that you've been actually broke??That you couldnt afford to pay your bills,feed and unable to afford things you actually needed then,  . Looking back now at those days,how do you feel??Or is anyone going through hard times now and wants to share
. . . seems someone just found out that his wallet is empty  cheesy
Being broke as in empty wallet/purse i believe happens to almost everybody once-in-a-while but being broke as in nothing home and abroad. . .omo dat one hard ooh.
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke? by iice(f): 4:59pm On Oct 16, 2009
ifyalways:

. . . seems someone just found out that his wallet is empty  cheesy
Being broke as in empty wallet/purse i believe happens to almost everybody once-in-a-while but being broke as in nothing home and abroad. . .omo dat one hard ooh.

I agree.
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke? by Radiant(f): 5:06pm On Oct 16, 2009
It happens. It's just temporary or should be temporary.
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke? by Fhemmmy: 5:55pm On Oct 16, 2009
It is the name of the game dude.
It is nice to be broke sometimes, it helps yu to appreciate when you have the money and make u to spend it wiser.
Dont worry, you will be fine.
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke? by goodhunte(m): 6:15pm On Oct 16, 2009
most of the time embarassed
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke? by Fhemmmy: 7:30pm On Oct 16, 2009
good hunte:

most of the time embarassed

If it is most of the times, then, do something abt it oh
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke? by showbobo(m): 9:00pm On Oct 16, 2009
No guys. . I am doing quite okay now. . . Just that i look back at those days,smile and thank God anyway. . . .
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke? by Fhemmmy: 10:14pm On Oct 16, 2009
showbobo:

No guys. . I am doing quite okay now. . . Just that i look back at those days,smile and thank God anyway. . . .

That is always one good thing that comes out of being broke.
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke? by showbobo(m): 3:01am On Oct 17, 2009
very funny smiley
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke? by Fhemmmy: 4:17am On Oct 17, 2009
Lol
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke? by thameamead(f): 11:20am On Oct 17, 2009
every1 goes thr that phase in life, i did go thr that. i was so broke that i could not afford to heat my flat but food was no wahala, few of my friends sent me vouchers and some money but most of my friends turned their backs @ me. dat na london thing, when money dey, every1 go call ur phone, as soon as u tell them u no get money, they ignore ur calls. am glad the storm is over but i went thr so much before i got my papers, i was duped by my then boyfriend of £4,500 that i paid him to do arrnged marriage for me. i thank God for the Russian millonare that i use to work for, she helped find a white guy to help me with my papers. i think they paid him about £5,000, i was her hse keeper, cleaner and wanna-be cook, she was too kind, i thougt i was dreaming when she offered to pay, she said she felt sorry for me. bless her, am still in contact with her. as for my ex, he's in prison serving time fraud. apparently he's so sorry buy ve moved on and forgiven him, thanks ivana (my russian employer) smiley smiley smiley smiley smileyl thanks for everything , kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke? by Arkison: 1:25pm On Oct 19, 2009
What I like about being broke is the meditation and planning to be thrifty and stingy next time I have money

What I hate about being broke is the funny looks and evasive styles your friends and family members give you.

What I enjoy most about being broke is when I get my next success £s. I spend with vengeance.
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke? by jaybee3(m): 1:30pm On Oct 19, 2009
thameamead:

every1 goes thr that phase in life, i did go thr that. i was so broke that i could not afford to heat my flat but food was no wahala, few of my friends sent me vouchers and some money but most of my friends turned their backs @ me. dat na london thing, when money dey, every1 go call your phone, as soon as u tell them u no get money, they ignore your calls. am glad the storm is over but i went thr so much before i got my papers, i was duped by my then boyfriend of £4,500 that i paid him to do arrnged marriage for me. i thank God for the Russian millonare that i use to work for, she helped find a white guy to help me with my papers. i think they paid him about £5,000, i was her hse keeper, cleaner and wanna-be cook, she was too kind, i thougt i was dreaming when she offered to pay, she said she felt sorry for me. bless her, am still in contact with her. as for my ex, he's in prison serving time fraud. apparently he's so sorry buy ve moved on and forgiven him, thanks ivana (my russian employer) smiley smiley smiley smiley smileyl thanks for everything , kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Thought you is male grin grin
plus the write-up above now explains why u was so bent on breaking Nigerian immigration laws. this was me thinking u was born in the UK.
na real wa
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke? by tunnytox(m): 4:40pm On Oct 19, 2009
thameamead:

every1 goes thr that phase in life, i did go thr that. i was so broke that i could not afford to heat my flat but food was no wahala, few of my friends sent me vouchers and some money but most of my friends turned their backs @ me. dat na london thing, when money dey, every1 go call your phone, as soon as u tell them u no get money, they ignore your calls. am glad the storm is over but i went thr so much before i got my papers, i was duped by my then boyfriend of £4,500 that i paid him to do arrnged marriage for me. i thank God for the Russian millonare that i use to work for, she helped find a white guy to help me with my papers. i think they paid him about £5,000, i was her hse keeper, cleaner and wanna-be cook, she was too kind, i thougt i was dreaming when she offered to pay, she said she felt sorry for me. bless her, am still in contact with her. as for my ex, he's in prison serving time fraud. apparently he's so sorry buy ve moved on and forgiven him, thanks ivana (my russian employer) smiley smiley smiley smiley smileyl thanks for everything , kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Is this a kind of joke or something?, my sister if this is true then you must be very lucky, so some ppl can be so kind in London?
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke? by showbobo(m): 1:54am On Oct 20, 2009
thameamead:

Wooow,Guess you're the luckiest lady alive. . . Thanks for sharing anyway
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke? by Nobody: 6:41am On Oct 20, 2009
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke? by Ben13: 8:07am On Oct 20, 2009
O' boy, it's a natural thing o; but not easy to experience cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke? by flekan(m): 10:18am On Oct 20, 2009
@Poster: Being broke once in a while is good, not always though. I think it makes you open your brain on how to spend for when you are okay again
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke? by chiejik(f): 10:34am On Oct 20, 2009
like the kind im in right now =N=20 be my oga nw cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke? by thameamead(f): 12:45pm On Oct 20, 2009
@showboba and chaircover

i make no apologies for going thr an arranged marriage, at least i got my papers, without my papers, i would have carried on working as a cleaner on £9 an hour, do u know how hard it is to work illegally and as cleaner, all u do is clean 24/7, with my papers, am @ birbeck studying for a degree, arranged marriges are nothing new, it happens all over the world, would u all have preferred me working as a cleaner, i don't care what u lot think, all i know it i live a better life and i do not need a visa to most countries, each to their own,

@ jaybee i was not born in the uk, i make no apologies for travelling to nigeria without a visa, ve got my nigerian passport now so no need to bribe, y is every acting like they are "holy" .what is this the point of a forum if people cannot be honest? i'd rather b honest than tell lies and fool myself. , i wish u all wel,
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke? by Fhemmmy: 1:45pm On Oct 20, 2009
thameamead:

@showboba and chaircover

i make no apologies for going thr an arranged marriage, at least i got my papers, without my papers, i would have carried on working as a cleaner on £9 an hour, do u know how hard it is to work illegally and as cleaner, all u do is clean 24/7, with my papers, am @ birbeck studying for a degree, arranged marriges are nothing new, it happens all over the world, would u all have preferred me working as a cleaner, i don't care what u lot think, all i know it i live a better life and i do not need a visa to most countries, each to their own,

@ jaybee i was not born in the uk, i make no apologies for travelling to nigeria without a visa, ve got my nigerian passport now so no need to bribe, y is every acting like they are "holy" .what is this the point of a forum if people cannot be honest? i'd rather b honest than tell lies and fool myself. , i wish u all wel,

Ms "No Apologies" some things takes time to come back to hunt people, so watch ya a$$, cos u might get bitten by your past arrangies
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 20, 2009
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke? by Fhemmmy: 2:31pm On Oct 20, 2009
chaircover:

So arangee marriages are something to be gloated about on an international website and by the way are cleaners not human beings? I’m sure most of us at one point of our life or the other have found ourselves in jobs we don’t like.

The fact that you are just studying for a degree tells me that you didn’t really have that many employable skills to start with, besides some people have worked very hard and paid a lot of tax and NI contributions over a number of years to give you an opportunity to pay home student fees so please don’t come here and gloat over what is so clearly wrong.

No one is judging you, just be a little discrete about it OK

The cover that fits the chair has spoken.
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke? by tunnytox(m): 6:33pm On Oct 20, 2009
chaircover:

So arangee marriages are something to be gloated about on an international website and by the way are cleaners not human beings? I’m sure most of us at one point of our life or the other have found ourselves in jobs we don’t like.

The fact that you are just studying for a degree tells me that you didn’t really have that many employable skills to start with, besides some people have worked very hard and paid a lot of tax and NI contributions over a number of years to give you an opportunity to pay home student fees so please don’t come here and gloat over what is so clearly wrong.

No one is judging you, just be a little discrete about it OK

I think chaircover has a point here
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke? by Fhemmmy: 7:45pm On Oct 20, 2009
tunnytox:

I think chaircover has a point here

na Chaircover we dey talk now, she is experienced and always with not just a point, but facts.
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke? by chika98: 7:51pm On Oct 20, 2009
Some information is meant to be kept private. I think the girl spilling her guts here forgot that.
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke? by thameamead(f): 11:20am On Oct 21, 2009
@ chika98, point taken i should have bn a bit discreet

@ chaircover, i contributed thousands in tax and NI contributions when i was working illegally, infact i was paying more taxes and was on emergency tax for three yrs because my NI no did not exist, i study part time so need to apply for a student loan
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke? by tunnytox(m): 11:49am On Oct 21, 2009
thameamead:

@ chika98, point taken i should have bn a bit discreet

@ chaircover, i contributed thousands in tax and NI contributions when i was working illegally, infact i was paying more taxes and was on emergency tax for three yrs because my NI no did not exist, i study part time so need to apply for a student loan

To be honest with you I wouldn't say you didn't suffer to get your papers and also I'm not judging you in any way,
but has it ever occur to you that some of us too who came to this country on working visa do not really have it easy either and as you are quite aware we'll not be entitled to any form of benefits or assistnce from the govetnment until we acquire ILR.

My conclusion is don't you think bogus asylum seekers and ppl with arranged marriages are rather jumping the queue by not playing by the rules? it does really look like cheating when some people studied very hard from Nigeria, acquired skills and migrated legally to Europe and N america are made to look stupid when papers are handed over to bogus asylum seekers and ppl with arrangee marriages, if you are in their shoe i 'm sure you'll feel the same,
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke? by thameamead(f): 12:24pm On Oct 21, 2009
@tunnybox, what can i say, that's life, i feel for you all but am not abusing the system like some other people. am not interested in clamining any sort of benefit (no offence to people on any sort of benefits)lost my job for three months late last year, i was adviced to claim bnefits but i did not want to so i went back to my old jobs -cleaning and waitressing for three months,

it's unfair i jumped the queue but i had to do what was right for me, am guilty as charged, lol,
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke? by Arkison: 1:09pm On Oct 21, 2009
thameamead:

@tunnybox, what can i say, that's life, i feel for you all but am not abusing the system like some other people. am not interested in clamining any sort of benefit (no offence to people on any sort of benefits)lost my job for three months late last year, i was adviced to claim bnefits but i did not want to so i went back to my old jobs -cleaning and waitressing for three months,

it's unfair i jumped the queue but i had to do what was right for me, am guilty as charged, lol,

You shouldn't be sorry to anyone.

Arrange marriage is practice all over the world for different reasons. Most Nigerian marriages are arranged. Either by friends or relatives. I will not be fooled with the 'love' thing that most of us profess for marrying someone. Cos by the time they marry someone, they must have said 'I love you' to many.

Most women marry for economic reason.

But I do agree that you shouldn't bare your back in public. Everybody have something to hide. You may never know who is watching or listening.

Don't you know you can be traced. Watch your mouth.
Re: Have You Ever Been Broke? by agathamari(f): 3:52pm On Oct 21, 2009
havent we all

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Or Woman Who Is More Powerful? / 25 Manners Every Kid Should Know By Age 9 / Her Parents Refused My Marriage Proposal And She Is Already Pregnant For Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.