Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,204 members, 7,811,547 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise (37661 Views)

My Wife Nags A Lot / Females In Nigeria (F.I.N) Facebook Member, Nags Husband To Death / Wife Nags And Prioritises Of Her Family Responsibilities Above Her Marital Home. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by BRAVAGAD0O(m): 9:26pm On Sep 08, 2015
Hello friends, 1st of all, I don't want you to see me as a man that involves third party in his marrital life/affair, am not that kind of man, in fact a lot of things go on that I rather let it stay in my home for us to sort or face together than involving family or friends but this challenge is really heavy for me to bear.

I don't really know what else to preach to her that I don't like her behavior anytime am broke ,for me it's a total turn off because it always makes me feel like am not being appreciated even with all my efforts to make us happy.

My wife nag anytime am broke or notice my pay ain't coming soon, all she does is play blame game like telling me all sort of story, like she never eat since last year, like she's not happy, that the marriage is hell because of just few days broke, and the few days broke doesn't mean no food for us, the few days broke doesn't mean I won't raise money to fuel generator talk less of some more important bills. I am just 10 months old in this marriage, please, real men in the house kindly advice me on what to do, if am the one being wrong here because I don't understand why she's always like that.

Lalasticlala I wouldn't mind front page at all because I really want to learn from all other husbands out there... Thanks

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by bjprodint(f): 9:33pm On Sep 08, 2015
Two reasons (1)mayb u used money to entise her to marry u. (2) she might b pregnant...abeg shey I spell ''entise'' well?.pls correct me if I make mistake. Ftc,I dedicate it to all swit nairalanders who corrected me

183 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 08, 2015
richommie:
Obviously she's a gold digger.

The only way to know a good and trustworthy woman is by appearin poor
When the money comes beetch gets closer

#Yolo

130 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Goovo(m): 9:34pm On Sep 08, 2015
If u don't want her to nag then stop been broke

On a more serious note, all u can do is have a heart to heart discusion with her, make her understand the situation of things, try not to hide anything from her,
Probably, whenever u tell her u are broke, she might not believe u, cos she feels u are not.
Everthing bores down to fruitful communication and understanding. At least her heart is not made of stone nw

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 08, 2015
let’s not over complicate things. If your wife is nagging you 24 x 7 it means that she is no longer attracted to you. Plain and simple. The good news is that you can bring back that attraction because you once had her attracted to you!

Do NOT REACT, instead LEAD her emotions. By changing your perception on your wife’s nagging and by being emotionally in control… now you can LEAD her emotions to what you want it to be. You as the man should INFLUENCE her emotions and not your wife influence you. If she is upset, don’t be upset instead be calm. If she feels hurt and scared, don’t show that you are hurt; provide protection and the feeling of security. Why? Because YOU ARE THE MAN. You are in charge of everything in the relationship. If you don’t take on this responsibility she will, and that won’t lead to a happy marriage. Bad for you, bad for her.

77 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Poseidon000: 9:37pm On Sep 08, 2015
[size=13pt]
If I am you. I won't give room for such nonesense. She either stop or we end the marriage.

It is really pathetic that you find yourself with such woman.
I don't like divorce but I won't advice you stay with such woman who is so money centered.
It's just like sleeping in same room with a snake.
If you ain't careful. It will harm you one day.
I am 90% certain that your wife will abadon you when things goes awry(God forbid) and she strike me like a person who may cheat or betray you.

You need to seek your inner self and ask your self,if you wanna build your future with such insensitive woman.
If it comes out yes.then talk to her about such attitude and it effect on you. If she continues.

I strongly recommend you leave that woman. Even you don't feel the effect now. you can't escape it when you get past your productive days.(When you turn old man).

Please be careful with that woman. She is a potential snitch.
[/size]

189 Likes 17 Shares

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by falconey(m): 9:37pm On Sep 08, 2015
Better wahala don land

HELL in a CELL......bros even the devil need advice on this kind of predicament.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by dulux07(m): 9:40pm On Sep 08, 2015
She is irresponsible. She too should support d family. Jst 10months n she is naggin

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by vani86: 9:42pm On Sep 08, 2015
Feel for you bro. Juat 10 months and it is like this, what will happen if god forbid you lose your job.

Is she working, if she aint contributing to the marriage in anyway knowing how hard naija is. Tell her to shut the fo.ck up.

If she said she have not eaten in 4 years tell her another 4 years wont kill her.

This is how men die before their time and what will she do? Move on to the next man immediately

117 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Ginaz(f): 9:50pm On Sep 08, 2015
hmmmm, that's some kinda bad character she has. its obvious she doesn't knows what she's doing in her marriage, and things like this isn't good.

I think you should let her know the effect her nagging is having on you, you shouldn't just sit there and bottle your feelings inside.

its obvious that her personality is to satisfy her needs, you shouldn't blame her. people have different personality traits and they get afraid if their needs are not met. you should understand her rather than taking it to heart. she wants comfort and she get satisfaction from it, its like her life necessities, and when not met she panics.

she won't stop it, she'll keep nagging. you can help by taking her to see a councillor or talk sense to her. I mean a mature heart to heart kind of conversation, she will feel bad by putting you through emotional turmoil and might stop.

also, let her know condition of things on time so that she can cope when times money isn't available,by so doing, she won't nag much.

I understand your plight, its not a good feeling when you do everything to please someone but they take them for granted.

whenever she starts nagging, you can go out and cool down. dont sit there with her nagging her head off at you, if you ain't there, the nagging will stop.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Mariecakes(f): 10:03pm On Sep 08, 2015
cheesy Nags when you are broke cheesy cheesy cheesy wahala dey oooo....pls husbands on Nairaland come advice him ooo help him find a solution quick cuz if it gets outter hand, she will do more than nag (find other husbands to support the ministry) grin

15 Likes

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by yanabasee(m): 10:08pm On Sep 08, 2015
Op.... I wouldn't say much... As you've clearly put it.. She's not happy with the marriage... If you dig deep.. You'll noticed that, the man she would've married is still communicating with her, perhaps, telling her how he's doing too well and how he's sitting untop of money and how she's missing out.
You have to study your wife.. And you have to scold her if need be... You have to keep love aside and scold her severely to know that you're the man of the house... These kind of wives will leave you or even divorce you, if you lose your job...
Just play a prank on her... Design a Sack/Termination letter and show her.. And she will leave u with few months.
You actually married a woman dat will not be able to stick with you when things get rough... And what is she even doing at home? Can't she work?

97 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by amtheone(m): 10:15pm On Sep 08, 2015
bjprodint:
Two reasons (1)mayb u used money to entise her to marry u. (2) she might b pregnant...abeg shey I spell ''entise'' well?.pls correct me if I make mistake

No! You didn't spell it correctly. In order to be corrected, you must pay lesson fee grin angrylollllllll

20 Likes

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by raumdeuter: 10:22pm On Sep 08, 2015
Tell her you are broke and wont have any money for the next 4 months

let her do her worst. if she wan pack out,, help her to call a moving company.

If making money was easy she wont be where she is right now

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by mekzyjoe(m): 10:25pm On Sep 08, 2015
cool
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Venom104: 10:25pm On Sep 08, 2015
This is what happens when one marries a parasite that sees her husband as her daily meal ticket.. IS she a cripple that she cant go look for a

Job to support the home?

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by SAMBARRY: 10:37pm On Sep 08, 2015
I will give you 2 pragmatic options that you can use

1. Anytime she starts her nagging, increase the volume of the music that it becomes deafening loud and drowns her voice. You can play personally by psquare or shakitibobo by olamide then start dancing while ignoring her

2.leave the house for her anytime you are broke and go and stay with a friend. When she doesn't see you for a while she'll start to behave herself

by the way what does she even nag about sef because if a man is nagging you'll tag it as complaining, if a woman is always repeating herself regularly you'll tag it as nagging

. Are you sure there's nothing you're doing to that woman to make her continually because women don't nag for nothing

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 08, 2015
Just 10 months and she is already nagging?? grin cheesy grin cheesy
Which kind wife be that? You mean to tell us that 10 months after , she is already frustrating the home? Chai!! This one was quick! The ogbanje wey vanish before you marry her don resurface.

My advice, when she starts nagging, leave the house for her.Na her mate dey fry akara for junction.

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Kimoni: 10:38pm On Sep 08, 2015
OP, I advise that you involve her more in financial matters. Let her know the total income the family makes and how it is spent. Take monetary decisions together and she won't have any cause to whine about you being broke.

I suspect she doesn't know how much you earn and she feels you can do much more than you are doing now. Or maybe there is something you are spending on that she doesn't believe in.

Again, since she is the type that complains a lot about money, tell her to get a job/start a biz and use the income to meet her needs.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by GHoJes: 10:46pm On Sep 08, 2015
I'm not exonerating your wife, it is often said there's a reason for 'her' nagging.

From what you put up there i can deduce she nags because you are not good with managing finances, may be you are the type that must spend as long as the money is there unless you want to confidently tell me you married an insane woman.

From my screen, you dont speak of being responsible, much more to your wife who is close to your skin. The lifestyle you have up there says your pay is not so bad yet you are always broke, people who earn less are managing better. Why is it that you guys have get to the point of recurrently waiting for the next pay like your life will stop if it dosen't come in the next one week? You dont have savings, investments, future financial security in case of the unforeseen and you say your wife should not fear for the remaining days of her life from what she has seen these ten months.

She may have food to eat but just decide to rub the "brokeness" in your face to see if it will make you sit up. Man, you are no longer a bachelor that can live only for today, you have to make your family financially secure. Seek ways to improve on your financial management and stop using the word broke more than the jobless or a student. If your wife is better with management, keep ego aside and let her do the managing. Also assist her to get any small job or business. You get work, e be like this, naim be say you for run comot house if you and her no get anything.

160 Likes 19 Shares

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 08, 2015
SAMBARRY:
I will give you 2 pragmatic options that you can use

1. Anytime she starts her nagging, increase the volume of the music that it becomes deafening loud and drowns her voice. You can play personally by psquare or shakitibobo by olamide then start dancing while ignoring her

2.leave the house for her anytime you are broke and go and stay with a friend. When she doesn't see you for a while she'll start to behave herself

by the way what does she even nag about sef because if a man is nagging you'll tag it as complaining, if a woman is always repeating herself regularly you'll tag it as nagging

. Are you sure there's nothing you're doing to that woman to make her continually because women don't nag for nothing

The wife talk say na hungry dey make her nag grin grin grin
The woman funny no be small. It can pain reach vein when you are receiving nags when broke.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by ladyF(f): 10:59pm On Sep 08, 2015
Eeyah....you can't blame her completely. Being broke can be frustrating at times. Don't listen to these people telling you to end the marriage o Hian!

Talk to her about the nagging ish, nagging irritates me frankly! you should also try and save since you earn salary. Plan towards having money at all times even if salary doesn't come early. She should go and look for work to do too....relying on you for everything isn't fresh!

It's [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by BANGERLEE1(m): 10:59pm On Sep 08, 2015
Maybe You started the whole ish by tending to her needs and she's accustomed to such life... But Bro you can't kill yourself or steal for her to be comfortable..
Whenever she's nagging just pick up a shirt and ur charger and go meet a friend and hang out, try to be yourself at work also.. Do the Best u have on u... Thrz no better advice because I can't ask u to to end ur marriage or borrow u money.. Neither am I gonna ask ur wife to come marry me.
Don't give her space to nag when she nag finish she will go out and find a work and support you at home. Stay Calm and Humble. Don't react by beating or harming her.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by BiggerBangs: 10:59pm On Sep 08, 2015
cry

BIggerBangs was Here
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Flashh: 10:59pm On Sep 08, 2015
Silly stuffs like these are the reason why some men aren't planning for marriage.

She won't die if she assist the family financially instead of her nagging and stop being a leech.

If a man fails being a husband definitely a woman fails being a wife.

I'm gonna say you married the wrong woman bro!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Cutesexy1(f): 11:00pm On Sep 08, 2015
No matter what coming to nairaland to ask for advice wouldnt resolve the issue,be a man,face your family and tackle the issue squarely,marriage is not a bed of roses,you experience the good,the bad and ugly time,it is your ability to make wise decisions and stay true to yourselves that will make it work.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by kennyman2000(m): 11:00pm On Sep 08, 2015
Hmmmm.. Let me learn cos this one pass me..

Check my signature for ur customised wristband.
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by allanphash7(m): 11:00pm On Sep 08, 2015
Women?

SMH

Attimes being single is the best

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 08, 2015
Go get rich
Re: My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise by bqlekan(m): 11:01pm On Sep 08, 2015
work harder, save, pray.. grin

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? / Photos: 11 Bad Habits Of Children Caused By Their Parents Unknowingly / Lady Forgives Her Father 27 Years After He Abandoned Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.