Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) - Culture (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) (43777 Views)

Killers Of Python In Calabar: Handling Snake Is Our Culture; no charms or juju / Eight Bad Sides Of An African Man You Probably Don't Know / Can Black Magic(juju)be Sent To Someone Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by deadkamalu: 5:23pm On Aug 25, 2017
I think it is just plain stupid to believe in juju.

2 Likes

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by jtigwell0: 5:33pm On Aug 25, 2017
ultron12345:
and you.....can you personally or generally prove any of those your beliefs.......good luck with your ignorance.
why not.?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by sirfee(m): 5:33pm On Aug 25, 2017
kekakuz:
juju is freaking real

there is a place in Niger state where the call out bullt and do tradio-bulletproof

juju is real
so is God
heaven devil and angels
The last time I checked Niger state is in Nigeria, Nigeria was colonized by the British some years ago,what really happened to their juju?

3 Likes

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by handsomebanana(m): 5:49pm On Aug 25, 2017
kevoh:

As it was in 2009, so it has always been even in 2016 and 2017. Same challenges have been thrown to those who profess these beliefs with so much confidence, yet none has been willing to carry it out the challenges. Just a few months ago one even claimed to be able to drink poison/acid due to faith in Yahweh, when challenged, he reneged and called it a slip/mistake! grin grin

cc: dalaman

N so shall it be till 2094
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by handsomebanana(m): 5:51pm On Aug 25, 2017
jtigwell0:
God is real.. keeping yourself in pain of trying t disproving it is danger to your physical and mental health. go figure.. Your creator is real.. evolution is fake, adaptation, tolerance is real.. God is real!! stick that in your anus!

That's the best place it shuld be ND then u shit it out

2 Likes

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by musicwriter(m): 5:56pm On Aug 25, 2017
Be careful when reading this type of material about Africa. This article could've been written and published this morning to put down black people. It would then be fed you through indoctrination a.k.a education

If you want to talk about savagery, nobody can surpass Caucasians in savagery. Cannibalism began in the Caucasus mountain-European Neanderthals ate themselves. The crusaders ate babies along their way in their religious conquest as they were no food.

The word Vandalism and Baberism were derived from European tribes. Vandals are of German origin while Barbaras are of Hungarian origin. They were called these names because of their unending appetite for destruction of lives and property

Killing of twins began in Europe. Basically, every evil began in the Caucasus mountains. Remember these Europeans invented slavery, they were the crusaders, they invented colonialism, racism, apartheid, nuclear bomb. Of course, their own evil is supposed to be good news to you.

NB: I don't want to talk about efficacy of African juju. You as an African should go and do your research and publish it before I comment on it. I want to see your own research disproving juju. Aren't you people even ashamed a white man have a paper on it, and it's based on his findings you disprove juju? How stupid can we get in Africa?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Nostradamu(m): 6:08pm On Aug 25, 2017
Kenezi:
Afam please, is you believe in it so much, shoot yourself in the chest with protection under Juju and put the video on youtube. We will judge if it is true or not then.

Hey everybody! Kenezis' point here has settled the debate! Bullet-proof vests deflect bullets from different types of rifles. We've SEEN that work out both in real life and the movies. So-called Juju only has its influence in the minds of people who believe it and Nigerian movies -nothing else. Whether it is real or not, let's SEE (and by see, I mean the whole world) some demonstrable facts, and decide if it's real or not.

If those of us who believe in this myth have our thinking caps on, don't you all believe we oughtta use that as a leverage to FUVK-up all those mofos that have held Nigeria hostage since the 1900s?

Abegi.

2 Likes

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by jtigwell0: 6:11pm On Aug 25, 2017
handsomebanana:

That's the best place it shuld be ND then u shit it out
Call ur parents tell em u made it!
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Nostradamu(m): 6:12pm On Aug 25, 2017
deadkamalu:
I think it is just plain stupid to believe in juju.
It's not just plain stupid, it's what's being holding our a@@es back in Africa for too fvcking long.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by handsomebanana(m): 6:12pm On Aug 25, 2017
jtigwell0:
Call ur parents tell em u made it!

About to do dat.

ND what will u Tel urs
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by jtigwell0: 6:20pm On Aug 25, 2017
handsomebanana:

About to do dat.

ND what will u Tel urs
that I have a more complete life than you! grin

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by handsomebanana(m): 6:23pm On Aug 25, 2017
jtigwell0:
that I have a more complete life than you! grin

Delusions abound.

I just watch as shīt happens
cool
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by jtigwell0: 6:26pm On Aug 25, 2017
handsomebanana:

Delusions abound.

I just watch as shīt happens
cool
To him we come from, to him we return! seek Allah's guidance before your time reached 0:00:00
and if you will not, goodluck with your delusion..

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by vertueptime: 6:27pm On Aug 25, 2017
A quick question, has anyone ever seen a rich juju man?
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by handsomebanana(m): 6:29pm On Aug 25, 2017
jtigwell0:
To him we come from, to him we return! seek Allah's guidance before your time reached 0:00:00
and if you will not, goodluck with your delusion..

Good luck as well with ur delusions

grin

1 Like

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by jtigwell0: 6:30pm On Aug 25, 2017
handsomebanana:

Good luck as well with ur delusions

grin
God is real! grin
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by gotnel: 6:35pm On Aug 25, 2017
sirfee:
The op is a bloody hypocrite.I wish he is still active to answer some questions.

I don't want to comment about juju because to me it is very useless(it might be real but I don't give a fvck). Where was juju when the colonialists were exploiting and colonising Africa?I've read books about juju and African warlords;kings like jaja of opobo,Behanzi(Gbehanzi) of Dahomey etc.These warlords later became slaves to the colonialists,what really happened to their juju?
Everything about spiritual power is a secret. King Opobo and his co African Kings of that era known what they know for their own protection while the white man know something better than what the African kings and warriors know.
It is like that in the beginning and still remained so till now.
Evolution is a continuous things generally. What is known today bring in what we are today. Tomorrow knowledge will make life better than how we live today.

1 Like

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Anaskie(m): 6:38pm On Aug 25, 2017
musicwriter:
Be careful when reading this type of material about Africa. This article could've been written and published this morning to put down black people. It would then be fed you through indoctrination a.k.a education

If you want to talk about savagery, nobody can surpass Caucasians in savagery. Cannibalism began in the Caucasus mountain-European Neanderthals ate themselves. The crusaders ate babies along their way in their religious conquest as they were no food.

The word Vandalism and Baberism were derived from European tribes. Vandals are of German origin while Barbaras are of Hungarian origin. They were called these names because of their unending appetite for destruction of lives and property

Killing of twins began in Europe. Basically, every evil began in the Caucasus mountains. Remember these Europeans invented slavery, they were the crusaders, they invented colonialism, racism, apartheid, nuclear bomb. Of course, their own evil is supposed to be good news to you.

NB: I don't want to talk about efficacy of African juju. You as an African should go and do your research and publish it before I comment on it. I want to see your own research disproving juju. Aren't you people even ashamed a white man have a paper on it, and it's based on his findings you disprove juju? How stupid can we get in Africa?
Perfectly said!!
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by D1official: 6:43pm On Aug 25, 2017
Jakumo:
Most Nigerians outside of the armed forces and police have absolutely NO idea whatsoever about how firearms work, and a large segment of the population evidently still assumes that it is the SOUND of gunfire which causes the tissue damage, and NOT necessarily the impact of an accurately aimed projectile.

It is therefore a piece of cake to hoodwink a Nigerian audience by deliberately missing the target, or by firing loud blanks at purportedly "fortified" subjects, so as to create the illusion for impressionable minds already desperate to find substance in the mad claims of witchdoctors that REAL projectiles can be "neutralized" with fetish incantations.

Every missed shot at Nigeria's once frequent public executions was therefore deemed by the audience to have been repelled by magic, as opposed to simply missing the mark.  When the firing squad members steady their aim and finally rip the target to shreds, the audience assumes that the Juju was finally "overpowered", possibly due to a flaw in the magic spell.  Closed minds will forever find " evidence" to vindicate their own ingrained misconceptions and irrational  fears.
I just hv one question for you sir.
Hv u ever found a fake stuff without an original?.
I guess U simply hv no idea of how deep d world is.
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by armyofone(m): 6:43pm On Aug 25, 2017
Very interesting...Africa still has a very long way to go.
In the West, the blinds can see, the deaf can hear through Cochlear implants, limping di.ck are made stiff again, IVF to the rescue, bone marrow is doing wonder for blood disorders such as leukemia and sickle cell, you live comfortable through hard work not money ritual etc stem cell and many unimaginable things but then what happened to my Africa ??

Africa, my Africa what happened ??

2 Likes

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Nipeks(m): 6:43pm On Aug 25, 2017
jtigwell0:
why not.?
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5870558_209539762988958839080142013716936729832543n_jpeg8ed4c4c386eaa07042334a89a4df7e2f

You have failed to mention the time it took for both to be accomplished.

The robot hand was probably assembled by a machine within minutes.

The universe is assumed to be 13.8 billion years old.
It took almost that many years of trials and errors before humans finally happened.

And whether it's a complex design or not is a function of what the human mind thinks is complex.

PS
The human hand is an intelligent design from the perspective of a human. It is also a coincidence that happened over a long period of time.

1 Like

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by jtigwell0: 6:48pm On Aug 25, 2017
Nipeks:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5870558_209539762988958839080142013716936729832543n_jpeg8ed4c4c386eaa07042334a89a4df7e2f

You have failed to mention the time it took for both to be accomplished.

The robot hand was probably assembled by a machine within minutes.

The universe is assumed to be 13.8 billion years old.
It took almost that many years of trials and errors before humans finally happened.

And whether it's a complex design or not is a function of what the human mind thinks is complex.
I stopped reading when you mention "The universe is assumed to be 13.8 billion years old. " keyword assumed... you guys deal with proof and evidences right? definition from google..

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by claremont(m): 6:51pm On Aug 25, 2017
This thread was started back when Nairaland wasn't a coven of tribalists, unlike today. It was a very well-researched debate amongst enlightened people prior to the invasion of Nairaland by the tribalists and bigots. Unfortunately, it's almost impossible to see threads like this on Nairaland these days. The politics section has been taken over by rampaging and bigoted tribalists, thirsty and desperate young men mingle with disease-riddled 'slay queens' in the romance section, the travel section has also witnessed a dearth of well-reasoned debateable threads.

On the subject matter, I agree 'juju' claims are 100% fraudulent. The same way I also agree ALL religious claims are fraudulent. There is absolutely no evidence to support any claim by any religion/juju, and this pours cold water on an objective reason for believing in any religion/juju/god. 'Juju' and all forms of religious beliefs were historically invented and used as a tool of suppression and control. This also explains why there is a direct correlation between superstitious beliefs and lack of societal development in most African countries, Africans cannot even use their so-called 'juju' to better themselves.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by abbeyty(m): 6:59pm On Aug 25, 2017
Juju that can't build anything significant. Make den use the juju turn Africa to Europe then at least our youths will stop travelling there for hope of better life

1 Like

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Nipeks(m): 7:04pm On Aug 25, 2017
jtigwell0:
I stopped reading when you mention "The universe is assumed to be 13.8 billion years old. " keyword assumed... you guys deal with proof and evidences right? definition from google..

Yes. I used the word assume. An atheist would probably say "the universe is 13.8 billion years old" but I am not an atheist. I am open to infinite possibilities. Our understanding is limited to what we know and we can never know if we know everything.

That being said, atheism makes more sense to me than theism but I grow my own belief.

1 Like

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by ashjay001(m): 7:08pm On Aug 25, 2017
vertueptime:
A quick question, has anyone ever seen a rich juju man?

Dehinde Fernadez
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by vertueptime: 7:12pm On Aug 25, 2017
ashjay001:

Dehinde Fernadez

I knw one of his PA in kano, hardly says about him like dat, but do u hv any insightful info or proof for us
Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by TheEminentLaity: 7:15pm On Aug 25, 2017
It is indeed sad that Africans remain obstinately ignorant till this day. Nice one OP, even though it's almost 8 years that you posted this

1 Like

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by ashjay001(m): 7:16pm On Aug 25, 2017
armyofone:
Very interesting...Africa still has a very long way to go.
In the West, the blinds can see, the deaf can hear through Cochlear implants, limping di.ck are made stiff again, IVF to the rescue, bone marrow is doing wonder for blood disorders such as leukemia and sickle cell, you live comfortable through hard work not money ritual etc stem cell and many unimaginable things but then what happened to my Africa ??

Africa, my Africa what happened ??

Africans didnt write n most preferred to die with their knowledge.

If ur juju is powerful enough, d deaf can actually hear without cochlea implants, blood disorders can be reversed!

If u've witnessed juju at work, u'll get it.

Personally, I believe juju is just d ability to harness ur spirituality. Whatever d mind conceives, so shall it be. Science didnt create humans, a power did n we can all av access to that power, should we be willing!

1 Like

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by Orpe7(m): 7:26pm On Aug 25, 2017
After writing 416 pages u still claim say juju no dey.
No be juju wan make u broadcast am so grin

1 Like

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by ashjay001(m): 7:27pm On Aug 25, 2017
vertueptime:

I knw one of his PA in kano, hardly says about him like dat, but do u hv any insightful info or proof for us

Re: Juju Claims Are Fraudulent: An African Fetish (Published In 1905) by armyofone(m): 7:58pm On Aug 25, 2017
The sad thing is that Africans use the juju for only evil and bad things. If juju is real, then I wish they use it for building good roads, schools, homes, better the society etc juju doesn't want anything good or benefiting. They die with the knowledge because it was and is a bad knowledge.

ashjay001:

Africans didnt write n most preferred to die with their knowledge.

If ur juju is powerful enough, d deaf can actually hear without cochlea implants, blood disorders can be reversed!

If u've witnessed juju at work, u'll get it.

Personally, I believe juju is just d ability to harness ur spirituality. Whatever d mind conceives, so shall it be. Science didnt create humans, a power did n we can all av access to that power, should we be willing!

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... / Lekan Balogun May Become The Next Olubadan / 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.