Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,591 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? (5370 Views)

Why I Can’t Go And Greet Buhari, Even If Invited —fayose / 2019: North Wants Buhari, Even On Wheelchair –ACF Chieftain / Bakare: Why I Support Buhari On Deregulation And Opposed Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by Hedonistically: 2:01pm On Oct 04, 2016
T9ksy:

Op, am a typical and average yoruba man who has never supported Buhari, most especially after taken full cognizance of his first disastrous entrance into our political affairs and didn't vote for him in the last election. However in saying that i do understand and in absolute support of the rationale behind my brethen's resolution in sending that dummmb, unprecedentedly-corrupt ogogoro drunkard and his coarse, ignorant sheppotamous other half, back to the creeks where they rightly belong.

Proudly and unrepentant #AnyOneButJonathan.

You're not sure of where you stand, my friend. It seems that you're a bit confused about whether there is a difference between hating Jonathan and not liking Buhari. Think about that.

Campaign season is long over. Jonathan is long gone. Buhari has been in the saddle for almost two years now. Long enough time to see that he has nothing to offer, and long enough to show that he is more incompetent, and more anti-masses than any other president we have ever had... Chasing PDP and Jonathan era officials upandan in the name of fighting corruption cannot conceal his gross incompetence and ineptitude.

So why can't your brethren objectively assess Buhari on the strength of his own abysmal performance so far, without being blinded by bigoted and misplaced hatred for Jonathan. Why lie that Buhari is "working" just because you don't like the humble man from Otueke called Jonathan?
Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by Oblang(m): 2:03pm On Oct 04, 2016
Ngokafor:

...To be sincere,the only reason why they support buhari(some,not all) is because of Osibanjo.

..They think that after buhari,Osibanjo would be president..or better still,buhari goes the way of yar adua and Osibanjo becomes the president...but a rude shock awaits them embarassed

..Their support has nothing to do with being sophisticated,progressive, patriotic and 'wanting to try something new'..It is purely for selfish ethnic reasons..

...That is a fact..shalom.

Lol.. U think yorubas are sentimental like u ppl abi. If u don't know, Yoruba criticized Obasanjo govt the most..

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by Hedonistically: 2:15pm On Oct 04, 2016
Mariory:
So what if some Yorubas stopped supporting Buhari. So what? What do you think will happen?

Do you think recession that has zero to do with sentiment will magically disappear?

Are you under some pathetic and ridiculous assumption that Buhari will not finish his tenure?

I am intrigued as to what you will gain if some Yorubas stopped stupporting Buhari.

Please respond OP.

The intriguing question is why you and your Yoruba brethren are still supporting Buhari in spite of his outstanding and overwhelming ineptitude... In spite of unprecedented hardship, inflation, unprecedented surge in the price of basic commodities, and the general gale of misery and hunger spreading across the land. Are you saying that all this is not Buhari's fault in the eyes of the sophisticated Yoruba people? The Yoruba would rather blame Jonathan, right?

Most Yoruba 'hactivists' gathered at Ojota or swarmed the conventional and social media to make noise in 2012 when the price of fuel was increased. As a listening and compassionate president, Jonathan ensured that the price was reduced and was never increased again until he left office.. Unfortunately, the same Yorubas supported Buhari's wicked fuel price increase this year, going as far as giving very ridiculous and hypocritical justifications. Since then the fuel price has stayed that way. That's the first time in history that there has not been a reduction in fuel price after an announced increase after public agitation and labour strike action. This was mostly because of Yoruba support for Buhari's heartlessness, so he was emboldened to allow the fuel price increase stand without making any concession whatsoever. What does this tell you?

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by Mariory(m): 2:52pm On Oct 04, 2016
Hedonistically:

The intriguing question is why you and your Yoruba brethren are still supporting Buhari in spite of his outstanding and overwhelming ineptitude... In spite of unprecedented hardship, inflation, unprecedented surge in the price of basic commodities, and the general gale of misery and hunger spreading across the land. Are you saying that all this is not Buhari's fault in the eyes of the sophisticated Yoruba people? The Yoruba would rather blame Jonathan, right?

Most Yoruba 'hactivists' gathered at Ojota or swarmed the conventional and social media to make noise in 2012 when the price of fuel was increased. As a listening and compassionate president, Jonathan ensured that the price was reduced and was never increased again until he left office.. Unfortunately, the same Yorubas supported Buhari's wicked fuel price increase this year, going as far as giving very ridiculous and hypocritical justifications. Since then the fuel price has stayed that way. That's the first time in history that there has not been a reduction in fuel price after an announced increase after public agitation and labour strike action. This was mostly because of Yoruba support for Buhari's heartlessness, so he was emboldened to allow the fuel price increase stand without making any concession whatsoever. What does this tell you?

It tells me that rather than waste any of my precious time arguing with you, I should ignore all your blabbing and just agree with you so that you can keep quiet and enjoy your internet "win" and this forum can have one less moronic tribal thread.

So here it is, Buhari is the worse thing to happen to man kind. Hope that helped.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by T9ksy(m): 3:03pm On Oct 04, 2016
Hedonistically:

You're not sure of where you stand, my friend. It seems that you're a bit confused about whether there is a difference between hating Jonathan and not liking Buhari. Think about that.

Campaign season is long over. Jonathan is long gone. Buhari has been in the saddle for almost two years now. Long enough time to see that he has nothing to offer, and long enough to show that he is more incompetent, and more anti-masses than any other president we have ever had... Chasing PDP and Jonathan era officials upandan in the name of fighting corruption cannot conceal his gross incompetence and ineptitude.

So why can't your brethren objectively assess Buhari on the strength of his own abysmal performance so far, without being blinded by bigoted and misplaced hatred for Jonathan. Why lie that Buhari is "working" just because you don't like the humble man from Otueke called Jonathan?

Ol' boy, it seems you are the conflicted one, here about my premise. Unlike you, i don't make decisions or adopt a stance based purely from an emotional perspective. I deal with FACTS and not fairy tales. Fyi, i voted for Jonathan in 2011, not because i like him or believed he is the messiah the country has been waiting for, judging by his achievements or lack of, as a Deputy-governor and then Governor of Bayelsa but simply because there were no other likely contender for the post.

I did not vote for Jona-Spend drift in the last election because by now i was convinced beyond any shred of doubt that the guy has nothing positive to offer the country but rather seems apart from his incompetence and etc intent on literally robbing the country blind (na our oyel mindset).

As for Buhari, i do not hate nor am i particularly fond of him but looking at his antecedent, i know he can't salvage the country either hence i kept my vote in my back pocket. Am consequently not astonished at what is extantly occurring in nigeria. It's just a facsimile of his last, albeit military govt in 1983- just as i expected........

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by Hedonistically: 3:20pm On Oct 04, 2016
Mariory:

It tells me that rather than waste any of my precious time arguing with you, I should ignore all your blabbing and just agree with you so that you can keep quiet and enjoy your internet "win" and this forum can have one less moronic tribal thread.

So here it is, Buhari is the worse thing to happen to man kind. Hope that helped.

You should have simply avoided quoting me since you have run out mental ammunition. You are not equipped to argue sensibly with anyone, so quit "blabbing" and go and sleep, young man.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by Biafman: 3:35pm On Oct 04, 2016
Jesus!! and the afonja are still adamant in their support for failure. We need to study the brain base of these afonjas to know what really inspires them to always aim to be arss kissers of the hausa/fulanis.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by Mariory(m): 4:33pm On Oct 04, 2016
Hedonistically:

You should have simply avoided quoting me since you have run out mental ammunition. You are not equipped to argue sensibly with anyone, so quit "blabbing" and go and sleep, young man.

You talk about "mental ammunition" but answered my questions with irrelevant questions.
My life is much bigger than back and fourth with you on nairaland.
Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by Sweetle(f): 5:33pm On Oct 04, 2016
ycat:
[s]Because we have integrity and are honest. We love to try something new if the old isn't good. We are patient and want the govt to succeed. We know we have to give Buhari time to work, unlike those of you who want Nigeria to fail because you have nothing to lose, it's you the real and true slaves that always pray for the ship to sink cos you are already drowning. Buhari has his own problem but your people have even worse and we just can't pull the country down because of that, his scorecard will be given in 2019, and we Yoruba will take advantage of what happens then to either continue with him or find another path. So face your problem and play your own. No matter what you do or the number of these kind of thread, you will never be able to figure it out[/s].

Yorubas can make as much excuses as they like..we all know the truth.

Op they support Buhari more than anybody including the North because of the exact thing Daniel1990 stated.....to SAVE FACE!!!!.

They told the nation that Buhari is the messiah that's coming to save the country.
They helped him promise ridiculous, unachievable feat to decieve people.
While doing that, they went around claiming 'political sophisficated' and it's their sophistication have helped them decipher that Buhari is the perfect speciemen for the country's growth.
In addition, they gave the lie that Buhari is an honest, uncorrected leader

Fast forward to now, everything their so called "political high mind" proved to be a load of delusional Bullsh1t. Thus far, Buhari has shown to be the worst president in Nigerian history. His ministries are all inept and incompetent.
To top it all off, the so called "honest, uncorrupt man" ended up being the worst in terms of corruption. Despite the nation in recession, they are still looting likewise his minister.

In other words, yoruba are trying so desperately to sell the image that Buhari is working despite the obvious truth and reality staring at them is because they are desperate to save their face. Since they are the only southern group that fell for Buhari scam, they don't want to show there was a reason all the people they supported in the past failed in the polls. Their so called "political sophistication" they self claimed have thus far been shown to be a load of delusional Bullshit

Not only that, based on their act whenever any SS or SE leader get praised on this forum....how they invade it and start doing some unnecessary dicks measuring thus far shows how Immature and tribalistic they are....they have a huge inferiority complex when it comes to other southern group based on their act thus, like someone said their hatred the give credit to other southern plays a role on their support for buhari. They rather give Buhari delusional applause of progress than give GEJ (anot her southern leader) accolades. Like they are extremely tribalistic. Have you not notice that the only minister in GEJ cabinet that they support was actually one of their own...everybody else they attack even if it's other nation leaders praising them.

Both Daniel1990 and Jengem are accurate in what they said
Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by KwaraRat: 8:53pm On Oct 04, 2016
ba7man:
Tell that to kids and teenagers .

You'll run off with your 6ft and weight if you come say trash around me.

If I can do it to your father's agemate, you'll be small fry with your size.

Wannabe claiming hard when we all know you soft like a pop tart let loose in the yard.

Keep talking trash. It gives me nuff excuse to run your oblong skull on the coal tar.
Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by ba7man(m): 9:34pm On Oct 04, 2016
KwaraRat:

Wannabe claiming hard when we all know you soft like a pop tart let loose in the yard.

Keep talking trash. It gives me nuff excuse to run your oblong skull on the coal tar.

Like I said..... if I can put your father's agemate down, you're a small fry.

Now run along with your size void of intelligence.
Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by khadaffi(m): 9:52pm On Oct 04, 2016
Hedonistically:

Every where I go to - every random bar or lounge, street corner, academic setting of so called intellectuals, or corporate forum... it appears that most Yoruba people are adamant that Buhari is working. It is almost unbelievable. Now I understand why some people accuse them of being political and social slaves to the North.

What has Buhari done for Yorubaland to deserve such extreme level of zombie-like followership?

Is Fayose an Igbo man? You guys keep saying trash by the day

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by ycat: 11:57am On Oct 08, 2016
You can find a corner to cry out your misery, If you think I would read that trash you wrote.
Sweetle:

Yorubas can make as much excuses as they like..we all know the truth.

Op they support Buhari more than anybody including the North because of the exact thing Daniel1990 stated.....to SAVE FACE!!!!.

They told the nation that Buhari is the messiah that's coming to save the country.
They helped him promise ridiculous, unachievable feat to decieve people.
While doing that, they went around claiming 'political sophisficated' and it's their sophistication have helped them decipher that Buhari is the perfect speciemen for the country's growth.
In addition, they gave the lie that Buhari is an honest, uncorrected leader

Fast forward to now, everything their so called "political high mind" proved to be a load of delusional Bullsh1t. Thus far, Buhari has shown to be the worst president in Nigerian history. His ministries are all inept and incompetent.
To top it all off, the so called "honest, uncorrupt man" ended up being the worst in terms of corruption. Despite the nation in recession, they are still looting likewise his minister.

In other words, yoruba are trying so desperately to sell the image that Buhari is working despite the obvious truth and reality staring at them is because they are desperate to save their face. Since they are the only southern group that fell for Buhari scam, they don't want to show there was a reason all the people they supported in the past failed in the polls. Their so called "political sophistication" they self claimed have thus far been shown to be a load of delusional Bullshit

Not only that, based on their act whenever any SS or SE leader get praised on this forum....how they invade it and start doing some unnecessary dicks measuring thus far shows how Immature and tribalistic they are....they have a huge inferiority complex when it comes to other southern group based on their act thus, like someone said their hatred the give credit to other southern plays a role on their support for buhari. They rather give Buhari delusional applause of progress than give GEJ (anot her southern leader) accolades. Like they are extremely tribalistic. Have you not notice that the only minister in GEJ cabinet that they support was actually one of their own...everybody else they attack even if it's other nation leaders praising them.

Both Daniel1990 and Jengem are accurate in what they said
Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by Hedonistically: 9:49pm On Sep 14, 2017
CecyAdrian:
Buhari is a good man and not only the Yoruba's love him even an average Igbo man does love him.

Almost a year later, do you still hold this opinion?
Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by CecyAdrian(f): 12:47am On Sep 15, 2017
Hedonistically:

Almost a year later, do you still hold this opinion?

Now more than ever.
Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by Hedonistically: 5:42pm On Sep 15, 2017
CecyAdrian:

Now more than ever.
Then your problem is beyond you. You need help.
Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by yomi96(m): 6:33pm On Sep 15, 2017
Hedonistically:

Then your problem is beyond you. You need help.
that gal you quoted is an irredemable zoneb. Most of the yorubas supporting the faliure and the pogrom on igbos are either suffering from acute stupidity, benefiting from the govt or bigots. Dont bother having discussions with their type, Cause they end up making you look stupid
Re: Why Does The Average Yoruba Man Support Buhari Even More Than Northerners? by sallyzan(f): 7:06pm On Sep 15, 2017
Hedonistically:

Every where I go to - every random bar or lounge, street corner, academic setting of so called intellectuals, or corporate forum... it appears that most Yoruba people are adamant that Buhari is working. It is almost unbelievable. Now I understand why some people accuse them of being political and social slaves to the North.

What has Buhari done for Yorubaland to deserve such extreme level of zombie-like followership?

I hope this explains "WHY"....The enemy of my enemy is my friend .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku & Buhari Today: Pictures Dont Lie. Who Is More Closer To The People? / Ohh No!!! Fresh Attack On Nigerians By Ghanaian's (videos) / PDP In Enugu State Under My Watch Is Very Strong - Gov. Ugwuanyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.