Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Reuters Uncovers Buhari's Lie About GE Investment In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reuters Uncovers Buhari's Lie About GE Investment In Nigeria (4045 Views)

Tension Grips Nigerian City As Separatist Leader Goes Missing - REUTERS / Buhari Did Not Lie About My Father - Ojukwu's Son / Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reuters Uncovers Buhari's Lie About GE Investment In Nigeria by nku5: 8:11am On Oct 04, 2016
On October 1, PMB said General Electric was set to invest USD2.2 Billion in Nigeria but it turns out it was actually USD150 million.

Why must Buhari misinform Nigerians in our independence day speech? Why tell lies that people can easily verify? Has any other president of Nigeria told us as many lies as this one? Why must this man keep disgracing us everywhere?

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN1231LX

U.S. industrial firm General Electric (GE.N) plans to invest around $150 million in Nigeria by 2017, a senior executive said on Monday.

"There are development projects where we are investing," Jay Ireland, chief executive of General Electric in Africa told the FT Africa Summit in London. GE would also invest in oil and gas industry projects.
Growth in Nigeria - an OPEC member whose economy, the largest in Africa, is in recession for the first time in more than 20 years due to low oil prices - has been stunted for decades by a lack of investment in its road and rail network.

Ireland said the Nigeria investment was part of a plan to spend $2 billion in Africa in coming years.
But the $150 million Nigerian investment falls short of the sum Nigeria's government has said GE would invest.
President Muhammadu Buhari, on Saturday in a speech marking Nigeria's independence day, said GE was "investing $2.2 billion in a concession to revamp, provide rolling stock, and manage" some of the country's railway lines.

(Writing by Ulf Laessing and Alexis Akwagyiram

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reuters Uncovers Buhari's Lie About GE Investment In Nigeria by Mujaheeeden: 8:14am On Oct 04, 2016
WhAt benefit will this government attain if it keeps lying to its zombified citizens daily

Why does this government derive fun in exaggeration of figures

What perception will foreign investors have about this government if the Number 1 citizen can go on life TV and tell a barefaced lie to its citizens

Anybody that takes this government serious needs to go for a mental check up

24 Likes

Re: Reuters Uncovers Buhari's Lie About GE Investment In Nigeria by cuteboy2: 8:23am On Oct 04, 2016
So GE intends to invest $2b in whole of Africa. But Buhari makes a national broadcast saying $2.2b out of $2b will be invested by GE in Nigeria alone. Truth is only $170m is planned by GE for Nigeria.

I suspect our the Lie-Lie master himself, Lie Mohammed and our Finance Minister Kemi Adeosun who has clear challenges with adding figures must have given this voodoo numbers to his boss.

If these people can be so brazen in deceiving on basic facts that are in public domain, should anyone believe anything else they are telling us?
They could not content themselves by lying that the entire $2b is coming to Nigeria. They must add jara of $200,000 just to make the lie solid.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reuters Uncovers Buhari's Lie About GE Investment In Nigeria by sarrki(m): 8:28am On Oct 04, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
Lies

Wailers are confused people

You are quick to say I spent hours online

While you are also up and down online

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reuters Uncovers Buhari's Lie About GE Investment In Nigeria by oloriooko(m): 8:28am On Oct 04, 2016
The house built with sputum will be demolished by dew
PMB has always been lying and he must continue lying in order to cover for his precious lies!

Maybe he does not know the difference between billion and million?
SMH for 9ja

7 Likes

Re: Reuters Uncovers Buhari's Lie About GE Investment In Nigeria by sarrki(m): 8:30am On Oct 04, 2016
cuteboy2:
So GE intends to invest $2b in whole of Africa. But Buhari makes a national broadcast saying $2.2b out of $2b will be invested by GE in Nigeria alone. Truth is only $170m is planned by GE for Nigeria.

I suspect our the Lie-Lie master himself, Lie Mohammed and our Finance Minister Kemi Adeosun who has clear challenges with adding figures must have given this voodoo numbers to his boss.

If these people can be so brazen in deceiving on basic facts that are in public domain, should anyone believe anything else they are telling us?
They could not content themselves by lying that the entire $2b is coming to Nigeria. They must add jara of $200,000 just to make the lie solid.

Bring in the link buhari said 2.2bbillion for Nigeria alone

Propaganda na una way

Bring in the liNK

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reuters Uncovers Buhari's Lie About GE Investment In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 04, 2016
my honest advice to PMB is that he should change his media team and speech writer. Even if they must lie, let it not be the kind of shameless and cheap lies that has been coming from the presidency. I am beginning to doubt the educational qualification of my president.

5 Likes

Re: Reuters Uncovers Buhari's Lie About GE Investment In Nigeria by Threecrownz(m): 8:37am On Oct 04, 2016
Oga president why u con dey lie like dis?....haba!!

Guys show some love it's my bday...

9 Likes

Re: Reuters Uncovers Buhari's Lie About GE Investment In Nigeria by PaulIdu: 8:38am On Oct 04, 2016
I have no doubt that we made a mistake in voting in Buhari

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reuters Uncovers Buhari's Lie About GE Investment In Nigeria by Tallesty1(m): 8:42am On Oct 04, 2016
PaulIdu:
I have no doubt that we made a mistake in voting in Buhari
I no follow for this your "we" abeg.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reuters Uncovers Buhari's Lie About GE Investment In Nigeria by Mujaheeeden: 8:44am On Oct 04, 2016
sarrki:

Imagine a Ricetivist who is disturbing my mentions

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reuters Uncovers Buhari's Lie About GE Investment In Nigeria by PaulIdu: 8:44am On Oct 04, 2016
Tallesty1:

Don't worry you will soon follow

7 Likes

Re: Reuters Uncovers Buhari's Lie About GE Investment In Nigeria by Mujaheeeden: 8:46am On Oct 04, 2016
sarrki:

Propaganda na una way

Bring in the liNK
You are so shallow in your job of defending the presidency if you can't recall his independence speech.

Seriously you sound more shallow than buhari

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reuters Uncovers Buhari's Lie About GE Investment In Nigeria by idensko(m): 8:49am On Oct 04, 2016
U pple blame this Man as if he has any clue of the figures he was mentioning

Someone just wrote that speech and the brain dead president who lacks common comprehension
Just picked it up and start reading to gullible Nigerians.

The worst is that, he won't even remember mentioning $2b

he himself will be surprise as u ns me.

Is as bad as dat

The real question is
Is it this same pple that will take us out of recession?

We are finished.

As I said b4

If you re still supporting this Govt
Then U need a psychological evaluation

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reuters Uncovers Buhari's Lie About GE Investment In Nigeria by sarrki(m): 8:49am On Oct 04, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
You are so shallow in your job of defending the presidency if you can't recall his independence speech.

Bring the link or the full speech here

Than ranting

We are not in a motor park

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reuters Uncovers Buhari's Lie About GE Investment In Nigeria by idensko(m): 8:52am On Oct 04, 2016
sarrki:

U again

Which kind pikin be dis?

Seriously?

11 Likes

Re: Reuters Uncovers Buhari's Lie About GE Investment In Nigeria by Nature129(m): 8:53am On Oct 04, 2016
sarrki:

Propaganda na una way

Bring in the liNK

Looking for a link: https://www.naij.com/990686-well-deal-militants-recession-9-takeaways-buharis-independence-day-speech.html

These politicians know that their apologists are foolish, but my problem is that they assume that all discerning Nigerians are foolish like their minions.

Sadly, Buhari will still win in 2019 even if he decides to lead Nigeria to hell fire because many people have since lost their brains...thanks to tribal, party and religious affiliations.

Nigeria is in a big mess!

11 Likes

Re: Reuters Uncovers Buhari's Lie About GE Investment In Nigeria by Mujaheeeden: 8:53am On Oct 04, 2016
sarrki:

Bring the link or the full speech here

Than ranting

We are not in a motor park
Since you live on pay per post then you should earn your click by using www.google.com to search for it.

You sound like a kid in an adult body

8 Likes

Re: Reuters Uncovers Buhari's Lie About GE Investment In Nigeria by rusep: 8:53am On Oct 04, 2016
Not tired of wailing
Re: Reuters Uncovers Buhari's Lie About GE Investment In Nigeria by sarrki(m): 8:56am On Oct 04, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
Since you live on pay per post then you should earn your click by using www.google.com to search for it.

You sound like a kid in an adult body

Nop you claimed pmb said so

So you have to show me

The link . Not referring me to Google

Wailers can lie without facts
Re: Reuters Uncovers Buhari's Lie About GE Investment In Nigeria by sarrki(m): 8:58am On Oct 04, 2016
Nature129:

Looking for a link: https://www.naij.com/990686-well-deal-militants-recession-9-takeaways-buharis-independence-day-speech.html

These politicians know that their apologists are foolish, but my problem is that they assume that all discerning Nigerians are foolish like their minions.

Sadly, Buhari will still win in 2019 even if he decides to lead Nigeria to hell fire because many people have since lost their brains...thanks to tribal, party and religious affiliations.

Wailers should add it as part of their regret

1 Like

Re: Reuters Uncovers Buhari's Lie About GE Investment In Nigeria by Mujaheeeden: 8:59am On Oct 04, 2016
sarrki:

Nop you claimed pmb said so

So you have to show me

The link . Not referring me to Google

Wailers can lie without facts
A wise man once said *When you play with a pig you get mud all over your body*

I'm out

7 Likes

Re: Reuters Uncovers Buhari's Lie About GE Investment In Nigeria by sarrki(m): 9:00am On Oct 04, 2016
Nature129:

Wailers should for a day sit down and think

Lies without facts

1 Like

Re: Reuters Uncovers Buhari's Lie About GE Investment In Nigeria by sarrki(m): 9:03am On Oct 04, 2016
Tallesty1:

New recruited wailer

You are still learning

Infant wailer try and polish your word well next time

1 Like

Re: Reuters Uncovers Buhari's Lie About GE Investment In Nigeria by sarrki(m): 9:06am On Oct 04, 2016
Mujaheeeden:

Bros you guys claimed

Bring in the link end of discussion

1 Like

Re: Reuters Uncovers Buhari's Lie About GE Investment In Nigeria by Tallesty1(m): 9:06am On Oct 04, 2016
sarrki:

New recruited wailer

You are still learning

Infant wailer try and polish your word well next time
Whoever didn't vote for Buhari is a Wailer right? You're worse than I thought. So your zombiefied brain tells you that only PDP and APC are the political parties we have in this country.

Pathetic.

12 Likes

Re: Reuters Uncovers Buhari's Lie About GE Investment In Nigeria by sarrki(m): 9:08am On Oct 04, 2016
Tallesty1:
Whoever didn't vote for Buhari is a Wailer right? You're worse than I thought. So your zombiefied brain tells you that only PDP and APC are the political parties we have in this country.

Pathetic.

Calm down and talk gently

Ok am listening to you now
Re: Reuters Uncovers Buhari's Lie About GE Investment In Nigeria by dunkem21(m): 9:09am On Oct 04, 2016

1 Like

Re: Reuters Uncovers Buhari's Lie About GE Investment In Nigeria by sarrki(m): 9:11am On Oct 04, 2016
dunkem21:

You get time to answer Pay per post commentator.

They result to big big grammar once they don't ha evidence.
Re: Reuters Uncovers Buhari's Lie About GE Investment In Nigeria by adconline(m): 9:15am On Oct 04, 2016
sarrki:

Propaganda na una way

Bring in the liNK
What a display of willful blindness. How credible is Reuters as a sourcce? But a typical zombie is wired not to read!!

7 Likes

Re: Reuters Uncovers Buhari's Lie About GE Investment In Nigeria by dunkem21(m): 9:17am On Oct 04, 2016
adconline:

What a display of a willful blindness. How credible is Reuters as a sourcce? But a typical zombie is wired not to read!!

Oga, leave person wey dey work for him salary for this recession time.

9 Likes

Re: Reuters Uncovers Buhari's Lie About GE Investment In Nigeria by RZArecta(m): 9:17am On Oct 04, 2016
A known trait of broom waving witches and wizards i.e. children of hate and anger is lies. The devil who is the father of the APC is a liar hence his children have to follow in his footsteps

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Video:See Who The People Of Niger State Are Voting For / Warri South, Southwest And North Belongs To Yoruba. Oodua Man Claims / Police Arrests Dangote Truck Transporting Over 150 Hausa Men, Children To South-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.