Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,183 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

Lawmakers Demanded Houses And Cars From Me – Bauchi Governor, Mohammed Abubakar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawmakers Demanded Houses And Cars From Me – Bauchi Governor, Mohammed Abubakar (8753 Views)

Governor Mohammed Abubakar's Aide Poses With Huge Cash, Nigerians React / Mohammed Abubakar Wins Best Governor Of The Year On Urban Renewal / Bauchi Governor, Abubakar Invites Efe To Yankari For Relaxation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawmakers Demanded Houses And Cars From Me – Bauchi Governor, Mohammed Abubakar by MAK211(m): 10:08am On Oct 04, 2016
Governor Mohammed Abubakar of Bauchi has claimed that some members of the National Assembly from the state are opposing his administration because he has refused to buy houses and cars for them.
He spoke in Bauchi, weekend, in commemoration of the 56th independence anniversary of the country.

The governor lamented that Bauchi was the only state where National Assembly members were needlessly trying to undermine efforts of their governor and tried to pitch the people against him.
“At a time, the National Assembly members met me in a certain place where they requested that I should buy houses for them in Abuja and luxury jeep cars, but I told them that even if I’m bathing in a pool of money, I cannot afford to meet their demands,” he said.
“I’m ready to give them any assistance they may require, but not houses or cars, especially with the present economic predicament.”
According to him, Bauchi was among states getting lower allocation from the federation account, saying that as the governor, he must prioritise how to spend money meant for the state’s development.
He recalled that he had constituted three different committees to meet with members of the National Assembly to iron out their differences, but they refused to honour his peace invitation.
He added that he also sent the State Working Committee of the All Progressives Congress (APC) to meet with them but only five out of the 18 National Assembly members attended the meeting.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/politics/why-n-assembly-members-undermine-me-gov-abubakar/165116.html

Re: Lawmakers Demanded Houses And Cars From Me – Bauchi Governor, Mohammed Abubakar by HungerBAD: 10:09am On Oct 04, 2016
The observers are watching.

I do not like or respect Dogara. First,the way he became the Speaker still offends all the progressives like me. And for sometime now,his name has being linked to everything corrupt.

I know President Buhari, does not want to upset the structure or status quo of the House of Representatives. But Dogara is starting to be a distraction,and if what this Governor just alleged is true,then he should resign honourable.

We cannot be fighting corruption,and somebody whose name keep coming up as being corrupt,cannot be allowed to hold a top position in the Country.

Dogara has to go,even his Governor calls him corrupt.

Charity begins at home.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawmakers Demanded Houses And Cars From Me – Bauchi Governor, Mohammed Abubakar by Taich(m): 10:10am On Oct 04, 2016
If true. They should just allocate 2017 budget to Dogara. I think that will satisfy him. Bunch of kleptomaniacs in shiny clothes.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawmakers Demanded Houses And Cars From Me – Bauchi Governor, Mohammed Abubakar by MAK211(m): 10:11am On Oct 04, 2016
cc: lalasticlala seun please push to the promise land
Re: Lawmakers Demanded Houses And Cars From Me – Bauchi Governor, Mohammed Abubakar by Taich(m): 10:12am On Oct 04, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Lawmakers Demanded Houses And Cars From Me – Bauchi Governor, Mohammed Abubakar by sarrki(m): 10:12am On Oct 04, 2016
Chai

Dogara time is up
Re: Lawmakers Demanded Houses And Cars From Me – Bauchi Governor, Mohammed Abubakar by MAK211(m): 10:13am On Oct 04, 2016
HungerBAD:
Following
chai bro ur network must be 8g

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawmakers Demanded Houses And Cars From Me – Bauchi Governor, Mohammed Abubakar by HungerBAD: 10:19am On Oct 04, 2016
MAK211:
chai bro ur network must be 8g

Lol.

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers Demanded Houses And Cars From Me – Bauchi Governor, Mohammed Abubakar by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 04, 2016
But where is lalasticlala sef? Day don break for Bauchi state grin

"... but I told them that even if I’m bathing in a pool of money, I cannot afford to meet their demands. " cool cool cool

Amazing decision, APC Speaker Dogara & co sef angry

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers Demanded Houses And Cars From Me – Bauchi Governor, Mohammed Abubakar by sarrki(m): 10:23am On Oct 04, 2016
HungerBAD:

I do not like or respect Dogara. First,the way he became the Speaker still offends all the progressives like me. And for sometime now,his name has being linked to everything corrupt.

I know President Buhari, does not want to upset the structure or status quo of the House of Representatives. But Dogara is starting to be a distraction,and if what this Governor just alleged is true,then he should resign honourable.

We cannot be fighting corruption,and somebody whose name keep coming up as being corrupt,cannot be allowed to hold a top position in the Country.

Charity begins at home.

Well said boss

His team of charge and bail lawyers

Will soon troop in to deny it.

5 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Demanded Houses And Cars From Me – Bauchi Governor, Mohammed Abubakar by anigbajumo(m): 10:49am On Oct 04, 2016
HungerBAD:

Charity begins at home.

Blame PMB for this,he shot his leg when he vowed not to interfere in selection of the NASS leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Demanded Houses And Cars From Me – Bauchi Governor, Mohammed Abubakar by veekid(m): 12:47pm On Oct 04, 2016
Lobatan
Re: Lawmakers Demanded Houses And Cars From Me – Bauchi Governor, Mohammed Abubakar by Thisis2raw(m): 12:49pm On Oct 04, 2016
Nigerians go into politics just to live a lavish lifestyle
Re: Lawmakers Demanded Houses And Cars From Me – Bauchi Governor, Mohammed Abubakar by xpressTrade: 12:49pm On Oct 04, 2016
oga governor four ways to keep Nigerian law makers happy
1 give them money
2 give them more money
3 give them money till u r broke
4 wen u broke show them where to get money

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawmakers Demanded Houses And Cars From Me – Bauchi Governor, Mohammed Abubakar by Pavore9: 12:51pm On Oct 04, 2016
Greed! angry

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers Demanded Houses And Cars From Me – Bauchi Governor, Mohammed Abubakar by menix(m): 12:57pm On Oct 04, 2016
This governor no wise ooo..

Are there no more Mud houses in Abuja outskirts
He could also buy them a santana nd seek help from this badagry smugglers to change them into jeeps with their inventions.....
Re: Lawmakers Demanded Houses And Cars From Me – Bauchi Governor, Mohammed Abubakar by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 12:58pm On Oct 04, 2016
Its very obvious that Bauchi people don't like M .A .I learnt they now throw stones at him.
Re: Lawmakers Demanded Houses And Cars From Me – Bauchi Governor, Mohammed Abubakar by wellmax(m): 1:01pm On Oct 04, 2016
Change must begin with everyone.We cannot sit and allow impunity to reign in Nigeria. No more free money.
Re: Lawmakers Demanded Houses And Cars From Me – Bauchi Governor, Mohammed Abubakar by uvalued(m): 1:02pm On Oct 04, 2016
HungerBAD:

Charity begins at home.

haha your personaal dislike of dogara has automatically made you to conclude its dogara he is refering to. by the way is dogara representing bauchi in the senatorial or house of rep of bauchi NO! and neither did the govnor allude that to... so much for twisted progressive mtchew
Governor Mohammed Abubakar of Bauchi has claimed that [size=18pt]some members of the National Assembly from the state[/size] are opposing his administration because he has refused to buy houses and cars for them.

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers Demanded Houses And Cars From Me – Bauchi Governor, Mohammed Abubakar by DIKEnaWAR: 1:08pm On Oct 04, 2016
Bauchi people were eager to throw Yuguda and his stupidity away, that's why they gave the job to this Mungo Park without looking well. Now that he is in office, he has disappointed all and sundry that they can't wait for 2019 to send him away. If you think its a lie; visit Bauchi. Even the ordinary beggars on the streets don't want to hear his name. At the mention of his name, they shout " Ba mai yi!" He is just a drowning man, grasping and clutching the last straws he can lay hands on.

BTW, when are we going to implement total Fiscal Federalism? Let's see those states that love armoured car convoys survive with internally generated revenues. This handouts from Niger delta oil through the FG is making everyone form Jackie Chan.

#SayNoToFeedingBottleDemocracy
Re: Lawmakers Demanded Houses And Cars From Me – Bauchi Governor, Mohammed Abubakar by gebest: 1:09pm On Oct 04, 2016
Don't u kn b4 that they are all criminals like u.
Re: Lawmakers Demanded Houses And Cars From Me – Bauchi Governor, Mohammed Abubakar by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 04, 2016
uvalued:

haha your personaal dislike of dogara has automatically made you to conclude its dogara he is refering to. by the way is dogara representing bauchi in the senatorial or house of rep of bauchi NO! and neither did the govnor allude that to... so much for twisted progressive mtchew
oga wetin u dy tok? Dogara is from Bauchi state and as such representing the state...Abi na himself he dy represent?
Re: Lawmakers Demanded Houses And Cars From Me – Bauchi Governor, Mohammed Abubakar by Mc4larin: 1:17pm On Oct 04, 2016
Ok...... Next
Re: Lawmakers Demanded Houses And Cars From Me – Bauchi Governor, Mohammed Abubakar by spafu(m): 1:37pm On Oct 04, 2016
HungerBAD:

Charity begins at home.

Sorry o, but did you take out time to read the posts at all? How many members from Bauchi do you have in the National Assembly? And where in the entire post did the governor name Dogara as one of the members that made this request? Please, don't allow the present recession induced hunger caused by your idolized dullard blind you into "concluding into jump" o.

4 Likes

Re: Lawmakers Demanded Houses And Cars From Me – Bauchi Governor, Mohammed Abubakar by Ade3000yrs(m): 1:39pm On Oct 04, 2016
No Comment. End of discussion and Honda Element must rest!

Re: Lawmakers Demanded Houses And Cars From Me – Bauchi Governor, Mohammed Abubakar by masterp24: 2:01pm On Oct 04, 2016
criminals every where and levels... imagine d so called corruption fighters.... lol God don catch una... small small una go dey use una hand dey bring out una legs
Re: Lawmakers Demanded Houses And Cars From Me – Bauchi Governor, Mohammed Abubakar by shaydeenamz(m): 2:11pm On Oct 04, 2016
HungerBAD:

Charity begins at home.

hey fella hear d statement he said some did he mention dogara,dogara was in politics eight years before dis governor came into office n dogara was his top sponsors.so about u liking dogara or not as far as am concern he is number 4 citizen n d speaker n there is absolutely nothing u can do bout it

1 Like

Re: Lawmakers Demanded Houses And Cars From Me – Bauchi Governor, Mohammed Abubakar by sheftyxz(m): 2:16pm On Oct 04, 2016
grin Dogara the voice of the voiceless looters
Re: Lawmakers Demanded Houses And Cars From Me – Bauchi Governor, Mohammed Abubakar by uvalued(m): 7:46pm On Oct 04, 2016
olatunji21:

oga wetin u dy tok? Dogara is from Bauchi state and as such representing the state...Abi na himself he dy represent?
sure but you did not read the govnor statement... how do you conclude its dogara when the govnor never mentioned dogara but "SOME" ..How can SOME mean its referring to dogara... let me quote the govnor again and show me where he stated it as dogara

Governor Mohammed Abubakar of Bauchi has claimed that [size=18pt]some members of the National Assembly from the state[/size] are opposing his administration because he has refused to buy houses and cars for them.
Re: Lawmakers Demanded Houses And Cars From Me – Bauchi Governor, Mohammed Abubakar by femionasan(m): 8:19pm On Oct 04, 2016
anigbajumo:

Blame PMB for this,he shot his leg when he vowed not to interfere in selection of the NASS leaders.

Obviously you are used to the Executive interfering in the affairs of the legislature. There is something called separation of powers. They should be independent of each other.
Re: Lawmakers Demanded Houses And Cars From Me – Bauchi Governor, Mohammed Abubakar by anigbajumo(m): 8:28pm On Oct 04, 2016
femionasan:

Obviously you are used to the Executive interfering in the affairs of the legislature. There is something called separation of powers. They should be independent of each other.

Yes I knw,but you can see the result now??

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019: Sowore Gets Support From Home Front / Predict GEJ/PDP Slogan In 2015 / 2019: Voting PDP Is Returning To Egypt -oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.