Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,217 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price (63599 Views)

Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States / List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics / Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by willibounce1(m): 9:14pm On Oct 04, 2016
3g never make sense, them dey jump go 4g... nonsense
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 04, 2016
bolargeez:
I'm browsing on Samsung Galaxy s7 edge and I'm in VI. The speed is just semi fast.
this isn't lte
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by bufness(m): 9:29pm On Oct 04, 2016
mcyemite:
it depends on where u stay in ogun...where do u stay?
around sango otta
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by dustmalik: 9:34pm On Oct 04, 2016
duwdu:

I think the greater issue/concern over Glo's reported grab/choice of the older Band 28 on the 700MHz spectrum, is: What percentage of 4G enabled phones/devices in the mainstream support that band, or likely to support it moving forward in the form of new entrants? Based on what's being published, advertised or reviewed out there, that number is very small, unpopular, and is not likely to grow.

It is also my own personal experience, because my current two mid-range but well-regarded 4G LTE phones between them support Bands 1, 3, 7, 8, and 20. I deliberately made sure of that. None is smelling the 700MHz region! So I fully agree with dustmalik Glo may indeed have an unintended problem on her hands.

Having said all that, I'm sincerely wishing that Glo is just not solely on Band 28/700MHz (which, if I'm not mistaken, is based on the earlier FDD technology, anyways,) but that the network also finds it's way into any or all (lol) of the more recent Bands 3, 7, 8, and 20 which are based on LTE-Advanced technology, and into which most of the LTE world is moving.

Good luck, everyone.

P34c3
Nice to see your post again. It's been a while, man. I guess you are doing great.

To the topic at hand. I deliberately didn't reply the other poster because i don't like arguing unnecessarily. I state facts and move on.

It's a known fact that the lower the frequency spectrum, the better the In-building penetration. Which, if all things equal, Glo would have had the advantage. But the issue is, band 28(700) is an extremely unpopular band. I can assure you that if you pick 20 random lte devices, more than 17 wouldn't support it. Now, compare it to band 7(2600), which I believe is the next most popular lte band after band 1(2100). You will find it present in 19 out of 20 random lte devices. This is the advantage MTN is going to enjoy.

7 Likes

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by ikp120(m): 9:39pm On Oct 04, 2016
JesusmyGod1:
continue hating on glo, why millions out there are thankful

Knucklehead

Bro that guy is right... Till today I cannot even subscribe with glo even in my worst nightmare. I subscribed with glo for 3gig in Benin for that matter but I couldn't use upto 1gig until the thing expired. I was even browsing with laptop. If I see speed of upto 100kbps, na so I go dey rejoice like say maga don pay.
I love their prices, but with that kind useless speed, who their prices help?
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by blazer234: 9:42pm On Oct 04, 2016
abimbawealth:
Wow

Hmmm...Abimbola!!!
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by abimbawealth(f): 9:47pm On Oct 04, 2016
blazer234:

Hmmm...Abimbola!!!
Sir/Ma!!!
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by blazer234: 9:53pm On Oct 04, 2016
abimbawealth:

Sir/Ma!!!

Hoping I could meet u, that's all. Hoping u would permit it.

What d'you think, lady?

1 Like

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Edaro: 9:59pm On Oct 04, 2016
[quote author=Abuleoshi post=49919034]Page 4 and only 1 person has posted a speed test of Glo 4G with 1G speed? Glo na scam! [Say what you know Glo this is inside my room]

5 Likes

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by eraly(m): 10:18pm On Oct 04, 2016
[quote author=Edaro post=49922241][/quote]

shocked shocked shocked shocked

are u kidding me bro?

1 Like

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Kyase(m): 10:25pm On Oct 04, 2016
wiselette:
Is it possible to get 4G on a 3G phone? For those whose phones only support 3G.
Not even close sister mee........
No mind that guy up there......
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by JaaizTech: 10:31pm On Oct 04, 2016
dustmalik:

Nice to see your post again. It's been a while, man. I guess you are doing great.

To the topic at hand. I deliberately didn't reply the other poster because i don't like arguing unnecessarily. I state facts and move on.

It's a known fact that the lower the frequency spectrum, the better the In-building penetration. Which, if all things equal, Glo would have had the advantage. But the issue is, band 28(700) is an extremely unpopular band. I can assure you that if you pick 20 random lte devices, more than 17 wouldn't support it. Now, compare it to band 7(2600), which I believe is the next most popular lte band after band 1(2100). You will find it present in 19 out of 20 random lte devices. This is the advantage MTN is going to enjoy.
Don't worry many more devices will start supporting the band. This is not about Glo alone, this is the licensed LTE frequency from NCC, so Etisalat, NTEL will also use the same band. I expect phone vendors to soon flood the market with 4g phones supporting this band.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Nobody: 10:32pm On Oct 04, 2016
My phone have 4G eligible but Glo 4G service is not coverage to in side
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by olurotimi1: 10:36pm On Oct 04, 2016
I hope they cover more cities soon
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by eraly(m): 10:39pm On Oct 04, 2016

please which phone + model did u use to do dis test? and pls wia is ur location?

nice 1
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by okeyglm: 10:44pm On Oct 04, 2016
I have coolpad 8720L 4G LTE enable for sale.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by wristbangle: 10:56pm On Oct 04, 2016
gambus007:

You are wrong 3G phone will work with 4G LTE sim.eg am using mtn ghana 4G LTE sim for my LG D410 phone. LTE sim will work with all fones for normal usage like calls, 3g browsing and others...

Oh! U are right! 3G phone can work with 4G LTE sim but cannot support the LTE network itself.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Edaro: 11:00pm On Oct 04, 2016
[quote author=eraly post=49923086]

please which phone + model did u use to do dis test? and pls wia is ur location?

nice 1[HTC One M9 Uni Lag. ]
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by wristbangle: 11:01pm On Oct 04, 2016

Cool bro
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by modsfucker: 11:39pm On Oct 04, 2016
Ok
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by kolaaderin: 11:42pm On Oct 04, 2016
bolargeez:
I'm browsing on Samsung Galaxy s7 edge and I'm in VI. The speed is just semi fast.

I bet to disagree with you. I'm on GLO 3G and this are what I got in lekki. 4G LTE would definitely do far better.

The 3G is consistently over 5 Mbps downloads and the last picture was the summary of the 3 different test.

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by duwdu: 11:59pm On Oct 04, 2016
dustmalik:

I'm doing well, man, many thanks. Glad to see you're maintaining your knowledgeable, factual, consistent, and decent way of carrying the torch.

And, yep, in increasing number of scenarios, the success of a product (read: a 4G Band in this case,) is not measured solely by what its technology can do, but also on how much of the mainstream (read: market penetration) it corners.

Just to mention one technology case in point: At their joint births, Betamax was adjudged technologically superior to VHS. In spite of that, VHS with its better industry alliance, licensing, and marketing model within a few years drove Betamax out of the video tape world!

Yes, I believe MTN must have figured out before it was too late, that even Band 20 can't as yet stand the soaring penetration of Band 7.

'Nuff said.

P34c3

1 Like

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Folksyharry(m): 12:14am On Oct 05, 2016
joseph214:
Soon others will follow suite. I just pity those people that bought non 4g enabled phones recently.

Seriously. I just dey vex now. I just needed to add about 3K and I would have bought a 4G phone. Damn!!!!
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by kratoss(m): 12:29am On Oct 05, 2016
Who knows how to get the 4g enabled sim card.... Even the mtn i still cant lay ma hands on one, i went to mtn office some of them dont even know anything about swapping your old sim for a 4g enabled one...
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by wiselette(f): 1:06am On Oct 05, 2016
Kyase:

Not even close sister mee........
No mind that guy up there......
Thanks
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by jojothaiv(m): 2:01am On Oct 05, 2016
JesusmyGod1:
but do u know u can use 4g on 3g enabled phone

In the world of tech nothing it's impossible, I did mine so if u need more info hola me
Bros, i hail o...

I always trust my naija broz, nothing is impossible for them..

That warning wey whatsapp dey give sef, walahi to me na just waste of time, we go create our own whatsapp very soon sef
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Umunri: 2:25am On Oct 05, 2016
If you use a 4G sim on a 3G phone it will work on 2G and 3G only. Am using mtn 4G sim it works on 4G where you have 4G coverage.where there are no 4G coverage it will switch to 3G or 2G it depends on the signal you received.So your 3G hand set Will still work on 4G sim simple.

1 Like

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Rozaystunna(m): 3:26am On Oct 05, 2016
pat077:
I don't believe the price, it can't b d same with 3g data.
its the same glo is not airtel oga
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Rozaystunna(m): 3:29am On Oct 05, 2016
gurusoft55:
What's the point of having 4G network when you can't use it. They should improve on network quality and coverage first
Stfu and pack out that village

1 Like

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Nobody: 3:53am On Oct 05, 2016
My phone have 4G eligible but Glo 4G service is not coverage to in side
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by engrkaz(m): 6:04am On Oct 05, 2016
YOUNGSTUNNA:

Goodbye to Airtel and their inconsistency

Goodbye to failure
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Hedonistically: 6:21am On Oct 05, 2016
GiONEE M5 does not have a "4G only" option, other than the 4g/3g/2g auto mode. This will be a problem because we all know that Glo network frequently toggles its mobile network modes when in auto mode, oscillating recklessly from 3g to edge and interrupting one's downloads.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Blazing!!! Get 9mobile 1GB For N200 Valid For 3days: Everybody is Eligible / Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion / Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.