Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,231 members, 7,836,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Why Are Nigerian Mother In-laws Too Mean Towards Their Daughter In-laws?. - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Nigerian Mother In-laws Too Mean Towards Their Daughter In-laws?. (40852 Views)

Nigerian Mother In U.S Navy And Her Son Reunite After 7 Months In Sea (Photos) / Wedding Of 42-Year-Old Folasade Dairo, A Nigerian Mother Of 4 In USA / Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerian Mother In-laws Too Mean Towards Their Daughter In-laws?. by frrank(m): 3:16pm On Jul 18, 2017
veave:

Thanks honey... Are you looking for wife?

grin grin grin

Are you willing to assist me?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Mother In-laws Too Mean Towards Their Daughter In-laws?. by veave(f): 6:29am On Jul 19, 2017
frrank:

Are you willing to assist me?

Yes.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Mother In-laws Too Mean Towards Their Daughter In-laws?. by frrank(m): 9:08am On Jul 19, 2017
veave:

Yes.

Interesting....Ok cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerian Mother In-laws Too Mean Towards Their Daughter In-laws?. by skressed1: 7:34am On Aug 19, 2017
I don't know what it is with women who like tearing other women down. Personally, my mother is Ghanaian and she has a good relationship with my brothers girlfriend. Even told my brother she doesn't mind him marrying her, and yet the girl is Filipino. Mind you, my brother is my mother's only son. Some women are just different. Some will be accepting and create a space where there is respect and the boy can learn to be a man and make his own decisions without his mothers involvement in all of his affairs, and with some they will go out of their way to make sure you get out of their way. Rarely do you hear this issue happening among men. Such women are very closed minded and controlling.

Mothers like that have unhealthy relationships with their sons, they might as well marry them because to them they make it about them when it comes to their son. I can testify to that because my ex boyfriends mother is Nigerian and as things got serious, she started having problems with me. Serious problems. You just have to pray and ask God to align you into a good family where the mother/family know God and don't cause or entertain trouble because otherwise that is a set up for a marriage from hell.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Mother In-laws Too Mean Towards Their Daughter In-laws?. by emmayo15(f): 9:33pm On Aug 21, 2017
I have been married for about three years now.
My mother-in-law is the possessive type, except that she is expertly subtle with it.
Few months after my wedding, I travelled home to see my parents. She heard and called me when I came back, saying she wouldn't have let me go see my parents if she had known. She argued that a wife should only go to see her parents after she's had a child, as in "gbomo loki won. "
I just told her "I'm sorry ma. " But deep down me I felt it was wrong and intrusive of her to have said that to me.
Now, in the past two weeks, she's visited three times, twice without prior notice to me. I only came back from work to find her in the house. I didn't even ask her or hubby why she visited. I just stayed out of wahala. I've got enough wahala to think of already that I can't afford to add to them, Biko.
And then, after her third visit, hubby tells me mom (his) is planning for us to move to her house by January. She's planning to build another one.
In exchange I am to take in hubby's nephew and one more diiiistant boy.
I just told hubby no, I can't deal.

I don't understand these mother in law issues. There's a limit to what you can take. You avoid their troubles, and they think you're cool with everything they do. And so they feel 'encouraged to do more. '
I'm just soooo pissed off.
Mtcheeew!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Mother In-laws Too Mean Towards Their Daughter In-laws?. by aydah(f): 1:56pm On Jan 30, 2018
Some lady stole hus heart abi? Then biko let her son remain ynmarried so she can continue to have him all to herself. But no! They would still want him to marry and still bring der wahala

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Think My Marriage Is In Trouble Please Help! / What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? / Nigerian Lady Gives Birth To Triplets After 14 Years Of Marriage (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.