Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

BEAUTY OF DISDAIN-Novelette From SomeTime Play In Theater - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / BEAUTY OF DISDAIN-Novelette From SomeTime Play In Theater (622 Views)

30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BEAUTY OF DISDAIN-Novelette From SomeTime Play In Theater by glo3nity: 4:58pm On Oct 04, 2016
A story inpsired by BRADEN102's photo.
Re: BEAUTY OF DISDAIN-Novelette From SomeTime Play In Theater by glo3nity: 9:19pm On Oct 04, 2016
Synopsis

It all dawn on her in the hour of helplessnes after a fervent sail of auspicious dreams that has brought her this far, she could as less dream for more because she was what to call 'a great accomplishment' but on full stage the bitterness of it sprang and summons her past.
Looking beneath was something missing, something way too important, something she had but allow slip away, now became her torment, her fright, and her ultimate concern.
Her superb saying she hold in high extent 'it is better to dream than not to dream, because it is he who dreams that GOD cares for and love' flawed as she wished reverse could be the hands of time and never have to dream for the strain of those dreams has now become nothing but 'DISDAIN'.

SomeTime Play In Theater present
BEAUTY OF DISDAIN
Sniplet: Mere joy of an agonised respect, Oldie Osten
Author: Glory joseph Dinne
Re: BEAUTY OF DISDAIN-Novelette From SomeTime Play In Theater by glo3nity: 12:19am On Oct 05, 2016
CHAPTER ONE
Broken Promise

Two knocks at the door attracted Miles attention, he opened up after counts of strides taken to reach for the nob and to his greatest surprise was the least of expected being starring unto his face in anxiousness, the depth of her breath depict the boom of a drum wrangler, this is the figure-that rang a bell of disclamatory dejection in his brain.
Miles employ numbness not because he was actually shoked and had nothing to say to the posture but due to the fact that such presence doesn't worth his excitement
Harriet's voice fluctuate in her speech
'I know this may be surprising to you but...'
'I've something to say to you which can not bear to scale through to another day'
'That is why..,I took a train down here...'
She got hold of her breath
'...in a rush to meet up with you...'
Her words raced together with her fluster breath, Miles was neither willing to speak to her but however, hearing from her arose words from him and in reluctant state he spoke with a calm tone, without moving an inch away from his door nor his hand out of the frame's edge
'Coming here must have be disturbance to you, you should not have bother to stress yourself'
'Here has nothing to offer you other than lost dreams, decidiou trees, strewn environment that reaches out to the muddy roads; dread and wither!'
'Smells of the woods you dispice, their is no granite nor marble to grace your foots here and to crown it all...a swamp image!'
'It is a total squalid for you to stick your boots'
'So please go..'
'No Miles...!' Harriet decline 'I standing here does it not imply anything to you..?' She asked gazing right up at Miles
'You know I am a dumb lad like the master in character had pointed out'
He refered her words back to Harriet, Harriet gave a prompt response
'I am sorry, I really am!'
'More so, I want to tell you that...'
She gulp in deep breath
'...I am ready...'
Re: BEAUTY OF DISDAIN-Novelette From SomeTime Play In Theater by glo3nity: 12:48am On Oct 05, 2016
More updates coming tomorrow.

Good night...
Re: BEAUTY OF DISDAIN-Novelette From SomeTime Play In Theater by glo3nity: 9:50pm On Oct 05, 2016
PAGE two

The mellow tone of Harriet defeated the vigorous wind that whistle around, her eyes became the embodiment of diamond spark, which Miles refuse to acknowledge as he neither accept her presence in his solumn voice he spoke
'Your words is the youngest of my memories, I can not forget'
'But it is too late for you to come knocking on my door'
'Be gone and never return'
Miles said to her and shut his door
At the exterior of his house Harriet stare on the door with no intention of leaving, her angst kicks in and enfold her in a cocoon of fright
'This is my last chance, my last or never'
'Either I win this or live to see not another day'
She spoke in determination and beckon her soul in starry-eyes to please be still, things will be well, but is it true with that door stiff to the core..? I wonder
Slightly she turn though still had fixed eyes on the door with the hope that GOD can give the man a change of heart to receive her, okay, at a certain point she pulse her steps in anticipation for the sesame-a fortune door to re-open but unfortunately, did not comply with her thought, her unwillingness to leave top up more time on those several minutes she had spent been stranded in the open yard.
Since she has choose to be stubborn as it the call of the day, the trees did not object instead kept her entertained with the coos, the buzz, the squawks, and other embience likes of the woods where Miles abode.
Though it was a thing of fear for her, hearing the sounds of the woods which have her heart skip but keen as she appeared inwardly, it was unable to abort her mission
Re: BEAUTY OF DISDAIN-Novelette From SomeTime Play In Theater by glo3nity: 2:55pm On Oct 06, 2016
PAGE three

Through the clench teeths of hers psst...psst...psst...psst...narrowly slide out, her face covered in depression knowing that the tight corner she found herself is a repercussion for her action
'What am I going to do..?' She asked within herself and began to pace about a region to nurture out some thought, the right back hand of hers pat the other palm systematically and steadily,
'This is my last mission, I dare not fail...' she spoke out audibly to the hearing of all the natures that abide within cracking her head hard for a light and at a long run 'aha!' she was able to concieve a thought to fulfill her mission, since Miles refuse her the privilege she either do not need his permission to proceed for the aim she had come must be actualized at all cost she inclined
Inside Miles apartment he began to hear heavy thuds, at first, he felt it to be the kestrel hawks whom where at their game again to scour out meal for their belly he ignored but the less he payed attention, the sound became more intense, it rise a doubt in him, he began to wonder if truely is the creature or something else quickly, he fastened his foot steps directly to the window and held up it curtain then peek through to discover that those sounds has be the handwork of none, other than Harriet
'What a hell' were the words that flew out of his mouth, he dash out suspending the work at hand to put Harriet in her rightful shoe and getting close to her point he held the axe stiff when Harriet lifted it up she struggle to pull it down but remain hanging, curious to know why it is stiff she turn to find Miles presence behind her
'What do you think you are doing..? He asked wh a scorn look
'Splitting' Harriet replied sharply, her breath racing high.

I am baffled 'what..?!' Has she gone mad..?' What will have make a core educationist with a professional career, a prominent lady in the society to take up such a foolish call as a wood splitter..? Even if it is a prank I found it hard to believe probably same for you and believe me when I say I don't blame you if you are shoked. It is surprising how such a person will prefere a scorch heel to a soothing one. To get to the cause of it, I row back the tape a bit to the previous night
Re: BEAUTY OF DISDAIN-Novelette From SomeTime Play In Theater by glo3nity: 5:13pm On Oct 06, 2016
PAGE four

Outside a mansion is Ms Oldie Osten taking a stroll in her compound with a movement that can be best descriped as amble, at a level she hold her step still when from the entry an appearance of a young man emerge, slinder in nature with a budenovka head cap on his hand, beside one of his cheek was a smudge mark that ran almost down up to his jaw, his shirt has no pleasant remark judging from its fray, it is of old, his trouser too though aren't that weak but smell of hard labour, he looks more like a fugitive to her at first sight who had escaped and dashing down to her house for shelter but here isn't a refugee camp that one could seek for shelter she thought within herself but what if he is not, then what could make the man rush down in such a haste she asked herself, the man lowered the level of his speed as he spotted her, with few more metres to cover up and reach her, she came to recognise who he was, a little boy the past has groom into a fine grown man. The man greeted Ms Oldie Osten good evening, the woman replied positive to him with further expressions of words
'I for one had thought the road to this house is a dead end or fordiden for you to trail...'
Re: BEAUTY OF DISDAIN-Novelette From SomeTime Play In Theater by glo3nity: 5:21pm On Oct 06, 2016
I'm sorry but to be continued...
Re: BEAUTY OF DISDAIN-Novelette From SomeTime Play In Theater by glo3nity: 11:51pm On Oct 06, 2016
PAGE five

The stern voice of Ms Oldie Osten welcomes him after eight years of desertion in an un-usual way with two antilope eyes of hers bugging out and below the eye lid were crease lines which were once upon a time smooth.
'Where has that beauty I do admire back then gone to..?' The lad ask his mind, his eyes focused on her, hm!, age indeed has really done justice on her in such a due time, what a waste of beauty too bad! The young man concealed his thought in a pity sentiment, Ms Oldie Osten understanding the look on his face was that of lost as he stare aimlessly, she retrive the lad by throwing a question at him
'It has been eight years precisely am I right..?
'Hum?!' he uttered in faint voice 'Yeah right', his sense kick back to his usual being
Ms Oldie Osten glued her face on him to have more words from him possibly an explaination for the long berth he has given her but the lad struggled for words, from his wild open mouth nothing reasonable seem to come out obviously, his brain did not compile the speech he was going to render to the old lady but what was he thinking..? Did he not know he may likely bump into her.., knowing fully well he was coming to her house and as such pay his homage..? Probably he thought he will be fortunate not to find her out side.
What are you telling me..? You very well know that no amount of change can clea out the spots of a tiger therefore, old habit never die. At every dusk Ms Oldie Osten has an habit of starring at the sky which has live and grow old along with her but why does she always do that..? Riddle said, she has her mouth stock in the sky and her eyes is doing the bidding.

(1) (Reply)

Last Night (Poem By Nelocay) / Professional Writing Of Assignments, Projects, Speeches Etc. Call 08134343680. / Teenager's Pride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.