Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,224 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Help! My Honda Accord 2006 Gulps Fuel - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! My Honda Accord 2006 Gulps Fuel (7690 Views)

Honda Accord 2006 Wobbling From The Back / Honda Accord 2006 Comparison With Toyota Camry 2003 / Why Does My Honda Accord Consume More Fuel Than It's Counterparts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Honda Accord 2006 Gulps Fuel by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 19, 2018
Re: Help! My Honda Accord 2006 Gulps Fuel by osato45: 6:51pm On Jun 03, 2020
magicfingers009:
Thanks guy for the feedback. I noticed that when I changed my pattern of driving to 'cruising' and not exceeding 50km/h. I have been able to save a reasonable amount of fuel. But it still hurts seeing a rickety car overtake me. But I have to respect my pocket in this recession period.
I drive a v6 2006 accord dc and I average 100 - 120 miles from full to half tank, what solution did you apply that worked, did cleaning of your injector work?
Re: Help! My Honda Accord 2006 Gulps Fuel by magicfingers009: 4:08am On Jun 06, 2020
osato45:
I drive a v6 2006 accord dc and I average 100 - 120 miles from full to half tank, what solution did you apply that worked, did cleaning of your injector work?
Cleaning the injector works. Also ensure your tyres are properly gauged. 35/40 psi. Then try not to exceed 2.5rpm when accelerating. It worked for me. Although I drive an i-vtec

1 Like

Re: Help! My Honda Accord 2006 Gulps Fuel by SHABZ: 9:05am On Jun 07, 2020
osato45:

The weight of your engine oil matters. Use the recommended weight. Also, inflate your tyres to the recommended pressure. Remove excess weight from your car. Monitor the service station you buy fuel from. Drive gently, do not accelerate or brake harshly. Maintain you vehicle constantly and use a competent mechanic.

I use a 2007 Honda Accord and I get fantastic fuel economy
Re: Help! My Honda Accord 2006 Gulps Fuel by SHABZ: 9:06am On Jun 07, 2020
osato45:

The weight of your engine oil matters. Use the recommended weight. Also, inflate your tyres to the recommended pressure. Remove excess weight from your car. Monitor the service station you buy fuel from. Drive gently, do not accelerate or brake harshly. Maintain you vehicle constantly and use a competent mechanic.

I use a 2007 Honda Accord V6 and I get fantastic fuel economy
Re: Help! My Honda Accord 2006 Gulps Fuel by osato45: 9:22am On Jun 07, 2020
SHABZ:

I went as far as using honda oil 5w20, and I didn't see any improvements in my mpg. Right now, I try to drive gently to see if i would get any improvement, my tires are within the 30/40psi, i have a competent mechanic, i also buy fuel from two service stations because their pumps are better. I have no excess weight in the car. I am exploring cleaning my injectors after changing my 6 plugs to brand new ngk iridium plugs. What's you mpg from full to half tank for city drive?
Re: Help! My Honda Accord 2006 Gulps Fuel by osato45: 9:24am On Jun 07, 2020
magicfingers009:

Cleaning the injector works. Also ensure your tyres are properly gauged. 35/40 psi. Then try not to exceed 2.5rpm when accelerating. It worked for me. Although I drive an i-vtec
whats your current mpg for city drive
Re: Help! My Honda Accord 2006 Gulps Fuel by SHABZ: 10:13am On Jun 07, 2020
osato45:

I went as far as using honda oil 5w20, and I didn't see any improvements in my mpg. Right now, I try to drive gently to see if i would get any improvement, my tires are within the 30/40psi, i have a competent mechanic, i also buy fuel from two service stations because their pumps are better. I have no excess weight in the car. I am exploring cleaning my injectors after changing my 6 plugs to brand new ngk iridium plugs. What's you mpg from full to half tank for city drive?

The tyre PSI of our cars is 32psi front, 29psi back. You may want to change to that. I can't really speak about injector cleaning as I don't know much about it. I don't know the mpg as I'm usually too lazy to start calculating it.lol. However, I drive mainly in the city, with 30 mins to work and 1.2 hours back home (due to traffic) and I use an average of 30 litres per week

1 Like

Re: Help! My Honda Accord 2006 Gulps Fuel by kaze4blues(m): 10:21pm On Jun 10, 2020
SHABZ:

The tyre PSI of our cars is 32psi front, 29psi back. You may want to change to that. I can't really speak about injector cleaning as I don't know much about it. I don't know the mpg as I'm usually too lazy to start calculating it.lol. However, I drive mainly in the city, with 30 mins to work and 1.2 hours back home (due to traffic) and I use an average of 30 litres per week

Do you still use the Honda accord 2006/2007? I am getting one and I need all the information I required.

Thank you
Re: Help! My Honda Accord 2006 Gulps Fuel by SHABZ: 7:06am On Jun 11, 2020
kaze4blues:

Do you still use the Honda accord 2006/2007? I am getting one and I need all the information I required.

Thank you

Yes I do. What info would you like to know?
Re: Help! My Honda Accord 2006 Gulps Fuel by kaze4blues(m): 11:25am On Jun 11, 2020
SHABZ:

Yes I do. What info would you like to know?

Tips to enable me enjoy the car. I've heard that it is a very great ride to own. I've also heard that it can give issues if not properly maintained.

Share with me your own candid opinions.
Re: Help! My Honda Accord 2006 Gulps Fuel by SHABZ: 9:58am On Jun 12, 2020
kaze4blues:

Tips to enable me enjoy the car. I've heard that it is a very great ride to own. I've also heard that it can give issues if not properly maintained.

Share with me your own candid opinions.

Both statements are correct. In my first 4 years of using the car, there were no really issues. Only expensive thing I bought was the engine oil (I use full synthetic). However, maintenance cost in the last 2 years have been pretty high, because I do overhauls during maintenance (car is now used for 6 years and counting in Nigeria). Sweet sweet ride, just make sure you have a reliable parts seller and mechanic. I use all Honda recommended fluids, maintain a maintenance schedule of 6 months, and a both a scanner too, to diagnose any maltfunction light that appears on the dash.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Honda Accord 2006 Gulps Fuel by osato45: 7:29pm On Jun 12, 2020
SHABZ:

Both statements are correct. In my first 4 years of using the car, there were no really issues. Only expensive thing I bought was the engine oil (I use full synthetic). However, maintenance cost in the last 2 years have been pretty high, because I do overhauls during maintenance (car is now used for 6 years and counting in Nigeria). Sweet sweet ride, just make sure you have a reliable parts seller and mechanic. I use all Honda recommended fluids, maintain a maintenance schedule of 6 months, and a both a scanner too, to diagnose any maltfunction light that appears on the dash.
could you break down the things that are done during overhauls?
Re: Help! My Honda Accord 2006 Gulps Fuel by kaze4blues(m): 8:29pm On Jun 12, 2020
I got a red light beside the seat belt light when car is in parked position but with my leg still on the brake.

What does it mean.

Re: Help! My Honda Accord 2006 Gulps Fuel by thebigkendo(m): 10:30pm On Jun 12, 2020
kaze4blues:
I got a red light beside the seat belt light when car is in parked position but with my leg still on the brake.

What does it mean.

Your car is probably Canadian spec 06/07, that seems like handbrake indicator, if it still stays on with your hand brakes down.. Then you have an issue with your braking system
Re: Help! My Honda Accord 2006 Gulps Fuel by kaze4blues(m): 1:01am On Jun 13, 2020
thebigkendo:

Your car is probably Canadian spec 06/07, that seems like handbrake indicator, if it still stays on with your hand brakes down.. Then you have an issue with your braking system

Thank you very much for the clarification. My car was on ignition when I took the picture. I'm a new car owner. Probably that's why it caught my attention.
Re: Help! My Honda Accord 2006 Gulps Fuel by SHABZ: 8:02am On Jun 13, 2020
osato45:
could you break down the things that are done during overhauls?

It's mainly things related to the legs like ball joint, brake pads, tierods, shafts etc. Also when need be, the engine mountings as well. I replace the transmission fluid every 2.5 years etc. Due to the age of the car, you also get a more smaller parts failing. So during maintenance, they are all replaced

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Honda Accord 2006 Gulps Fuel by abella22: 12:10pm On Jun 13, 2020
SHABZ:

@SHABZ, how many mileage do you get from a full tank

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Your Help!!! Which Of These SUVs aka "Jeeps" Should I Buy For Lagos? / Land Rover Freelander / 5 Warning Signs Of Low Coolant In Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.