Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,524 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Davido Tells Nigerians To Stop Stressing Him Over His Album - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido Tells Nigerians To Stop Stressing Him Over His Album (20749 Views)

Paul Okoye Tells Nigerians To Talk About Killings If Super Eagles Wins Argentina / "Just Shut Up Please!" - Davido Tells Fan. Burna Boy Replies / Davido Tells Nigerians To Stop Stressing Him Over His Album (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Davido Tells Nigerians To Stop Stressing Him Over His Album by TunezMedia: 5:53am On Oct 05, 2016
Sony music star, Davido in a recent interview has asked people and fans to stop putting him under pressure to release an album since he isn't the only Nigerian act that has failed to drop an album this year as promised.

Davido expressed his frustration in pidgin after the reporter asked him his first question which was about his album, the O.B.O star said;

“Why are people saying it’s taken forever, infact, shey na only me never drop? Abeg, make them free me.” 

During the brief chat at Filmhouse Cinemas IMAX, in Lekki, Lagos, the 23 year old African superstar revealed that his album has been slated for next year and it will feature his collaborations with Usher, Future, Young Thug. While his Son of Mercy EP which will be dropping soon will feature his collaboration with Tinashe. In his words;

"All of my international collaborations Usher, Future, Popcaan, Young Thug, and more are on the album. Everything is on the album.  Think about it, the end of the year is here. Why release all my missiles now, and the next year everybody turns over a new leaf?

"So I’m coming, doing my African thing for now, giving them the Tinashe record, so let them feel that for now, next year, just come through. That’s why I had to do this EP. I can’t do what they are doing better than them, and they can’t do what I am doing better than me. So I just have to do this EP, and just drop it down."

Speaking on how his Sony Music deal is affecting his career, the Ekuro star said that he only has creative control over his songs and that the company makes the final decision on what to release. He also stated that the company has been financing his projects so he had to understand when they told him to push the release date of his songs.

“I was hyped that they (Sony) came to me.”
“I have creative control, it’s a joint thing. Most times, whatever I send them, they are ready to go,”

“When they told me that this is going to happen, it’s a sacrifice that I had to make. I did so much in four years, I did a lot, every award, I have it."

“You will see, I can’t explain, you gotta see the work. At least I don’t have to pay for my videos again. I’m always thinking: ‘spending $250,000 on one video, that’s what I’ll never do. That’ll just take it to another level.” “Killing them crazy though, everything big budget"

Davido revealed that his relocation to the US felt like he was starting all over again as an unknown artiste but despite the glitz and glamour he has enjoyed ever since the trip, he will never trade anywhere for Africa;

“I was cool, I was travelling, I doing things, I was recording, I was living life, I was in America. It kind of was very fast for me, because I was moving so much, I was just setting up plays. I was setting up plays for the future.” 

“It’s like I’m starting again. That’s how it feels, that’s what they keep telling me. They say: ‘Yo David, we understand that you have this and that, and you are big. But you gotta start again.’ When they are interviewing me, they aren’t saying ‘Yo Davido’, they are asking ‘What’s your name? Explain Afrobeats to me?’. So it’s like starting again, but it’s cool, I’m just 23 years.

“For me it’s just to keep going, help other people, drop the album, destroy. I love this my African thing. I love it. I will never leave Africa for nowhere. Ever!”

http://www.tunezmediablog.com/2016/10/davido-tells-nigerians-to-stop.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Davido Tells Nigerians To Stop Stressing Him Over His Album by LegendaryArnold(m): 5:55am On Oct 05, 2016
Stress or his career is having a recession?

26 Likes

Re: Davido Tells Nigerians To Stop Stressing Him Over His Album by teejaymos(m): 6:15am On Oct 05, 2016
You always on point

1 Like

Re: Davido Tells Nigerians To Stop Stressing Him Over His Album by Jessidaisy4(f): 6:36am On Oct 05, 2016
Booooooo!!! You suck Davido angry

36 Likes

Re: Davido Tells Nigerians To Stop Stressing Him Over His Album by RealJaneDoe: 6:40am On Oct 05, 2016
Dude ain't nobody stressing about you highest if album drop we'll hear it on radio or download it free of charge

Ain't nobody gat time for yo' album in this recession

34 Likes

Re: Davido Tells Nigerians To Stop Stressing Him Over His Album by MackBrooklyn: 7:08am On Oct 05, 2016
The damn so-called recession is real cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Tells Nigerians To Stop Stressing Him Over His Album by SlaughterGang: 11:16am On Oct 05, 2016
Wizkid is light years ahead of Davido...But the Sony deal should fill his pockets to a decent amount.

I couldn't give a rat's ass about your album till I saw Young Thug...Well Well I am hooked, bring it on.

6 Likes

Re: Davido Tells Nigerians To Stop Stressing Him Over His Album by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 05, 2016
In any field, The PRICE of Greatness remains work, hardwork, persistent work, freestyle work...

Idle hands/ haters will always rise and attribute his success to one "baba" somewhere... How? The baba can't make him not start all over again. Lol @ "what's your name? Explain afrobeat to us." He must have been humbled. But then, he's not giving up. That I love.

Persistence is the work you work after the hardwork you've already worked!
#youthsgetbusy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Tells Nigerians To Stop Stressing Him Over His Album by Vickiweezy(m): 11:16am On Oct 05, 2016
Chineke!! So, this boy is even more stupid than i even thought.

1 Like

Re: Davido Tells Nigerians To Stop Stressing Him Over His Album by Whizkeey(m): 11:16am On Oct 05, 2016
Recession everywhere

7 Likes

Re: Davido Tells Nigerians To Stop Stressing Him Over His Album by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 05, 2016
Stupid arrogant boy with head like saucepan. WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?

27 Likes

Re: Davido Tells Nigerians To Stop Stressing Him Over His Album by Daslim180(m): 11:18am On Oct 05, 2016
Ok
Re: Davido Tells Nigerians To Stop Stressing Him Over His Album by bayocanny: 11:18am On Oct 05, 2016
Abi u dey craze, who are those nigerians stressing you over your album.....tufiakwa

2 Likes

Re: Davido Tells Nigerians To Stop Stressing Him Over His Album by menix(m): 11:18am On Oct 05, 2016
If them free you now, nobody gree patronize you, u go say ur enemies re at work..

If they re not ur fans, they wont even disturb their selves, just as i dont care if u release or not..

1 Like

Re: Davido Tells Nigerians To Stop Stressing Him Over His Album by teepsee(f): 11:19am On Oct 05, 2016
See this one, you not even happy they are taking about you self.

Well those that are even worried about your so called album, i don't know what to call them self.

Overhyped musician

2 Likes

Re: Davido Tells Nigerians To Stop Stressing Him Over His Album by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 05, 2016
undecided used to like this guy. The fame ha's made him arrogant and dumb. Nobody GAF. If you don't release your songs you will soon be as irrelevant as blackface. NEXT!

2 Likes

Re: Davido Tells Nigerians To Stop Stressing Him Over His Album by Freshman54(m): 11:20am On Oct 05, 2016
If them free you, who you go ran to..... Yeye statement...

3 Likes

Re: Davido Tells Nigerians To Stop Stressing Him Over His Album by mikool007(m): 11:21am On Oct 05, 2016
Davido nd Wizkid be keeping their Album like it's fuel, ok no p kontinu

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Tells Nigerians To Stop Stressing Him Over His Album by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 05, 2016
"all my missiles"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Tells Nigerians To Stop Stressing Him Over His Album by Shaadey: 11:21am On Oct 05, 2016
radarada!!

1 Like

Re: Davido Tells Nigerians To Stop Stressing Him Over His Album by MedicalSamwise(m): 11:21am On Oct 05, 2016
Yff
Re: Davido Tells Nigerians To Stop Stressing Him Over His Album by Jailerrr(f): 11:23am On Oct 05, 2016
I just like that your cracking voice nigga, do your tin jawe!
Re: Davido Tells Nigerians To Stop Stressing Him Over His Album by Agriman(m): 11:23am On Oct 05, 2016
I tire ooo....Nigerians you don hear bah? Make you no kill yourself on top wetin you no go earn from...life is short
Re: Davido Tells Nigerians To Stop Stressing Him Over His Album by Moreoffaith(m): 11:24am On Oct 05, 2016
If they are truly his fan they should listen to his old songs , just the way I listen to all 9ice album.. They sound interesting to me every time I listen to them.

3 Likes

Re: Davido Tells Nigerians To Stop Stressing Him Over His Album by gabylzy(m): 11:24am On Oct 05, 2016
You cannot leave Africa for anything nah
When you sing shitty songs and we just accept it and like it cos its Davido
Some African's don't have good taste for what is called music nah

3 Likes

Re: Davido Tells Nigerians To Stop Stressing Him Over His Album by drizslim(m): 11:26am On Oct 05, 2016
OK
Re: Davido Tells Nigerians To Stop Stressing Him Over His Album by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:27am On Oct 05, 2016
But he used his own mouth to give a timeline when the much awaited album would be released. No one forced him na undecided

1 Like

Re: Davido Tells Nigerians To Stop Stressing Him Over His Album by laksides: 11:29am On Oct 05, 2016
If Nigerians come later free you and your album now, wey you no sell, you go come they shout that time again say na joke you dey joke o.
Continue sha

1 Like

Re: Davido Tells Nigerians To Stop Stressing Him Over His Album by Freelancer007(m): 11:39am On Oct 05, 2016
Lols... Recession cannot hit him... Davido father's worth is in the billions.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Charly Boy Celebrates Lady D, His Wife As She Turns A Year Older / Yemi Alade: "Female Musicians In Nigeria Are Petty" / Ali Nuhu Dances To Celebrate Buhari Election Victory, Displays 4+4 Sign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.