Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,045 members, 7,821,594 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him (36295 Views)

Youths Do Photoshoot In Lagos Traffic After Being Stuck For 5 Hours / LASEMA Uses Crane To Rescue Man Stuck In Mud At 3rd Mainland Bridge(photos) / Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by ChiefCommander(m): 4:24pm On Oct 31, 2016
elengee:
CT Scan result revealed no abnormalities with the brain and skull. No bleeding or other collections. Thank you for your comments. As at yesterday, he is still unconscious but seem to be swallowing little water given to him via a large syringe.

What are his pupillary reflexes like? Hmmmm...could you just give him a shot of ECT? Sounds crazy, ....perhaps....
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by licheal: 5:10pm On Oct 31, 2016
smithsydny:
I just read everything.. Dr ur a better man.. I pray to come in contact with someone of your kind.. Your type don't come often in a life time.. Blessing follow u sir..
Are You Planing To Have A Accident,you Wld Hv Said not On A Platform Of A Accdent.Bt On Other Gud Tins
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by amanikondo: 5:29pm On Oct 31, 2016
no1madman:
His ghost might haunt u. .watch out 4 part 2. .

You mean mad man ghost? The ghost go Wicked. grin grin grin
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by amanikondo: 5:32pm On Oct 31, 2016
Tjohnnay:
Na after 1month dis tn dey make front page Smh

Mod, dnt let me say wts on my mind o

IF he put snake in the title, it will be on the front page in 1 minutes

1 Like

Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by karfe(m): 6:03pm On Oct 31, 2016
This is quite inspirational. Please, remain who you are by God's grace. In a country where most of us seem to have sold our souls, you are an oasis of hope in a sea of despair

I am inspired not only by your heart of conscience, but the thoroughness with which you went through all the official procedures. All the police and hospital staff you met on your journey have a seed sown in them, even if they do not show an immediate positive response

God bless you and yours...

2 Likes

Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 31, 2016
licheal:
Are You Planing To Have A Accident,you Wld Hv Said not On A Platform Of A Accdent.Bt On Other Gud Tins
good things bro
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by Vaxt(m): 6:58pm On Oct 31, 2016
Siscooh:
Read through... He is dead!
I don hear
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by DonTim1: 7:25pm On Oct 31, 2016
where are you OP? i hope not detained and charged already ?? please update.
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 31, 2016
SweetJoystick:

So you still dey this site angry
Yes sir. Hi.
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by shadeyinka(m): 8:47pm On Oct 31, 2016
I am sure you do not know the gravity of that which you did.
1. This "mad man" will probably be the first person to give you a hug in heaven. You unconsciously freed him from the bound of madness.
2. Jesus will put His arms around you and thank you for not abandoning Him in His time of need.
3. If you had run away or dumped this man, probably right now, you would have welcomed into your generations unborn the spirit of madness.
4. As you have done to this stranger so men will rise up to help you when you need help

Stay blessed my Bro.

I am proud of you.

4 Likes

Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by shadeyinka(m): 8:49pm On Oct 31, 2016
@ elengee
OP,
1. This "mad man" will probably be the first person to give you a hug in heaven. You unconsciously freed him from the bound of madness.
2. Jesus will put His arms around you and thank you for not abandoning Him in His time of need.
3. If you had run away or dumped this man, probably right now, you would have welcomed into your generations unborn the spirit of madness.
4. As you have done to this stranger so men will rise up to help you when you need help

Stay blessed my Bro.

I am proud of you.
Cheer up. Don't be depressed with what happened. You just passed that exam.
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by elengee(m): 9:49pm On Oct 31, 2016
Coldfeet:
Weldone elengee may God reward your kind gesture.

Rip to the unknown man at least he spent his last days in care and comfort around him cry

Amen. I wish he felt the care he got. God knows best

2 Likes

Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by elengee(m): 9:53pm On Oct 31, 2016
PaperLace:
Nawa o.
This OP is a very good man. OP are you married?
You seem a better potential than that lastmumu guy.

RIP to Mr Unknown.
You really did what most Nigerians wouldn't do, not because we are not good people but the fear of NPF.

cheesy cheesy
Thank you for the comic relief
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by elengee(m): 10:02pm On Oct 31, 2016
ItsMeAboki:

You are lucky the police is yet to charge you for culpable homicide, for failing to report the accident immediately until apparently a few days later.

You have unwittingly left yourself potentially wide open to their exploitation; because now left to them it may be construed that the cause death may not necessarily have been the accident; but possibly by a more sinister method which could have been stage managed in order to make it appear like an accident - not that I personally do not believe your story; but given situation of our country and how our police operate, you would be lucky to escape without them extracting their pound of flesh - i.e. food done come and they may likely chop.

In short, accidents must be immediately reported to the police in order to establish the facts and to avert suspicion; in fact I am surprised the hospital agreed to accept the deceased and even commenced treatment without a police report.

Many lives have unfortunately been lost because of this requirement, resulting in often the victim not necessarily receiving timely intervention to save his/her life.
Consequently, many major hospitals usually have a local police post within their facilities so as to minimise delay before police clearance - this is wrong because saving a life should take precedence but this is our unfortunate reality.

I admire all your efforts and sympathise with your situation and furthermore wish you all the best - hoping that this should serve as a lesson to anyone who may unfortunately fall in the same predicament.

If you took your time to read my post, you'll not be speculating wildly. I reported the accident immediately the man was stabilized in the hospital. The police officers came and visited the scene and later the man in the hospital. This was followed by my making a statement at the station and my car taken into custody.

1 Like

Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by SweetJoystick(m): 10:10pm On Oct 31, 2016
Amusaopeyemi:

Yes sir. Hi.
Say Hi to me in the other room
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by elengee(m): 10:39pm On Oct 31, 2016
shadeyinka:
@ elengee
OP,

Stay blessed my Bro.

I am proud of you.
Cheer up. Don't be depressed with what happened. You just passed that exam.

Wow! I really wish I could do more. Thanks
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by windeal: 10:47pm On Oct 31, 2016
Now the guy have passed on , how will he be buried and where ..see gobe
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by brownsug(f): 10:57pm On Oct 31, 2016
onyichick:
u HV done ur best the only thing left to do is to kip waiting n praying he comes out of the coma.when he comes out of the coma n he is still insane please ehn don't think of taking him to a psychiatric hospital o,just Lt him find his way.

onyi u spoke sharply....just like a man lol
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by grandstar(m): 11:01pm On Oct 31, 2016
elengee:
Dear NAIRALANDers,
It is with heavy heart that I write this piece and I will appreciate your suggestions on the way forward.

I was travelling along idiroko Road on the 1st of October, 2016, on the fast lane near the culvert, when an apparently mad man ran carelessly across the road and before I could maneuver away from him, he was hit and got knocked down.

The windscreen got shattered and part of my car roof cave in. I however managed to stop the car and rushed down to the fallen man.

He was lying there by the median culvert and unconscious. I asked people to help get a vehicle to take him to a Hospital but nobody moved. They seem tobe enjoying the live drama. I then walked to the car, reversed and they help put him on my car seat.

I drove him into the nearest hospital, rolled up my sleeves and joined the Medical team to resuscitate the man. He looks unkempt and is apparently a wanderer.

By the way, I am a medical practitioner.

He was admitted and put on necessary equipment and medication. However, he remained in coma.

I thereafter went in search of people around who may identify or know the victim. Nobody has seen him before.

Later, I went to the nearest police station to report the accident, and an officer accompanied me to the hospital, then back to the station and I put down a statemen and was released on self recognition.

I took the man for a CT Scan yesterday to further investigate him while continuing other treatments.

It's been 4 days of the best medicare anyone can hope for and the man is still in coma.

The police are waiting and watching.
I am waiting, watching, praying and caring.
The man is just there.

God will bless you for your deep kindness
What more can I do?
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by grandstar(m): 11:06pm On Oct 31, 2016
elengee:
Dear NAIRALANDers,
It is with heavy heart that I write this piece and I will appreciate your suggestions on the way forward.

I was travelling along idiroko Road on the 1st of October, 2016, on the fast lane near the culvert, when an apparently mad man ran carelessly across the road and before I could maneuver away from him, he was hit and got knocked down.

The windscreen got shattered and part of my car roof cave in. I however managed to stop the car and rushed down to the fallen man.

He was lying there by the median culvert and unconscious. I asked people to help get a vehicle to take him to a Hospital but nobody moved. They seem tobe enjoying the live drama. I then walked to the car, reversed and they help put him on my car seat.

I drove him into the nearest hospital, rolled up my sleeves and joined the Medical team to resuscitate the man. He looks unkempt and is apparently a wanderer.

By the way, I am a medical practitioner.

He was admitted and put on necessary equipment and medication. However, he remained in coma.

I thereafter went in search of people around who may identify or know the victim. Nobody has seen him before.

Later, I went to the nearest police station to report the accident, and an officer accompanied me to the hospital, then back to the station and I put down a statemen and was released on self recognition.

I took the man for a CT Scan yesterday to further investigate him while continuing other treatments.

It's been 4 days of the best medicare anyone can hope for and the man is still in coma.

The police are waiting and watching.
I am waiting, watching, praying and caring.
The man is just there.

God will bless you for your deep kindness
Whath more can I do?
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by ItsMeAboki(m): 1:19am On Nov 01, 2016
elengee:

If you took your time to read my post, you'll not be speculating wildly. I reported the accident immediately the man was stabilized in the hospital. The police officers came and visited the scene and later the man in the hospital. This was followed by my making a statement at the station and my car taken into custody.

I really do not want to join issues with you over an unfortunate incidence such as this, however, if you too had read my post more thoroughly you would have noticed how I chose my words very carefully by using the word APPARENTLY - which is suffice to say that your story came across as if you didn't but not necessarily excluding the possibility that you had in actuality.

Furthermore, based on your own narration it would be seen that you clearly did not report the accident immediately; because even after first taking him to hospital, you also further went searching for ppl who may recognise him; it was only then that you actually took the matter to the police.

You would also appreciate from my post that I was not faulting the sequence of the decisions you took, especially rushing him to hospital first; but pointing out the sad reality on ground i.e. that the operative protocol gives priority to reporting the incidence over the need to save life first - as even most hospitals would not commence treatment without police clearance.

As for the rest of my post, you would again notice that I was always careful with the choice of my words: such words as possible, potential, unwittingly were used where appropriate - no wild speculations, pls.

1 Like

Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by shadeyinka(m): 5:28am On Nov 01, 2016
elengee:

Wow! I really wish I could do more. Thanks

You have done just like the "Good Samaritan":

Luke 10:25-37:

25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”
27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[a]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b]”
28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”
29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”
30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[c] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”
37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

Shalom my friend!

1 Like

Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by macsilver(m): 6:01am On Nov 01, 2016
Keep praying brother. God be with you.
On a lighter note, please OP call me when he wakes up speaking 14 international languages fluently. Since that's the new trend

1 Like

Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by Olivers2J(f): 7:02am On Nov 01, 2016
i will suggest u give ur trusted friend ur phone or social media acc password 2 keep us updated incase the police starts bn funny. God bless ur swt soul & plz don't argue wit anyone here @ elengee

3 Likes

Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by elengee(m): 7:24am On Nov 01, 2016
Olivers2J:
i will suggest u give ur trusted friend ur phone or social media acc password 2 keep us updated incase the police starts bn funny. God bless ur swt soul & plz don't argue wit anyone here @ elengee

Thank you. It has been a very traumatic experience. I was drained physically, mentally and financially. I appreciate all comments but emotions could take a flight occasionally.

Once again, I appreciate your advice

3 Likes

Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by elengee(m): 7:25am On Nov 01, 2016
Olivers2J:

NOTED!
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by Nnamdi9090(m): 7:27am On Nov 01, 2016
Very funny...@moves
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by kennynikky(m): 7:31am On Nov 01, 2016
seangy4konji:
You don try bro..

He will stand up...Flash pounds in front of him or 1000k notes...He will tand up.
u don mad b4? Wow what a great strategy..
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by seangy4konji: 10:25am On Nov 01, 2016
Some thing deh worry you. We won't run mad in the name of God.
kennynikky:
u don mad b4? Wow what a great strategy..
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by kennynikky(m): 2:47pm On Nov 01, 2016
seangy4konji:
Some thing deh worry you. We won't run mad in the name of God.
lol.. Bros no vex, its just funny.
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by Mskrisx(f): 6:58am On Nov 02, 2016
elengee:
UPDATE

Today marks 14 days since the accident involving a destitute. He has had the best of medicare but hasn't regain consciousness. CT Scan ssays no skull or brain damage.

I live far from where the incident happened 2 weeks ago. Today, I decided to move him closer home.

Here are some pictorials

I will appreciate your continuous prayers

Good morning bro...
I want to ask you something, are you married? embarassed embarassed please don't beee cry cry
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by elengee(m): 7:19am On Nov 02, 2016
smithsydny:
I just read everything.. Dr ur a better man.. I pray to come in contact with someone of your kind.. Your type don't come often in a life time.. Blessing follow u sir..

Amen

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Giant Snake Swallowed Woman In South Africa / Snake Killed In My Compound Today / Young Man Hangs Dead Python On His Neck (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.