Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,113 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him (36274 Views)

Youths Do Photoshoot In Lagos Traffic After Being Stuck For 5 Hours / LASEMA Uses Crane To Rescue Man Stuck In Mud At 3rd Mainland Bridge(photos) / Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by elengee(m): 7:20am On Nov 02, 2016
Mskrisx:

Good morning bro...
I want to ask you something, are you married? embarassed embarassed please don't beee cry cry

May I ask why??
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by Pidggin(f): 11:46am On Nov 02, 2016
So we still have good people in this country? OP, God bless you. May the soul of Mr. Unknown rest in peace.

Give your phone and password to someone else who can keep us updated in case you don't have the time. If you had taken a good picture of his face maybe someone would have claimed him but it is even better for you if he isn't

Good luck
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by elengee(m): 1:09pm On Nov 02, 2016
Pidggin:
So we still have good people in this country? OP, God bless you. May the soul of Mr. Unknown rest in peace.

Give your phone and password to someone else who can keep us updated in case you don't have the time. If you had taken a good picture of his face maybe someone would have claimed him but it is even better for you if he isn't

Good luck

I have a meeting with the DPO and DTO on Saturday 5th November. Will keep you posted.
Many thanks
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by Mskrisx(f): 5:04pm On Nov 02, 2016
elengee:

May I ask why??

Don't mind me bro...i was just moved at that act.

Plenty blessings.
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by ruffp: 3:32pm On Nov 04, 2016
Police? hmmmm.....well make i no talk sha. I wish u the very best as u manage them.
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by elengee(m): 7:55am On Nov 06, 2016
UPDATE

I met with the police yesterday. The main purpose really was to submit a printed photograph of the unknown man (God rest his soul)

The DTO said they missed me (I still wonder what he meant) and that I should hand over the pictures to the IPO.

I asked whether anyone has come looking for someone that may be the unknown man. The DTO said I shouldn't worry about the matter anymore. That nobody has come forward and that the body now belong to the State. And that if anything comes up, they'll let me know.

I then dropped the pictures, shook hands (not empty hands o) and told them I'll keep in touch.

I think that whatever cooperation I am having with the of the Nigeria Police is the way and manner I handled this whole issue right from the start.

The first feeling when one hit a pedestrian is to run! Run to escape the problems of taking responsibility for knocking a man down. And of course, run from the problems of Police.

Well... The worst that could happen in an accident involving a motorist and a pedestrian has happened to me. It's been 6 weeks of a one in a lifetime experience.

I AM GLAD I AM THE ONE SENDING THIS UPDATE AND NOT A CLOSE FRIEND.

I APPRECIATE YOU ALL

Here's a photo of him in case anyone recognized or is related to him

1 Like

Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by seangy4konji: 8:40am On Nov 06, 2016
It's ok. Good morning.yea I know.lol. I reason different at times.good day.
kennynikky:
lol.. Bros no vex, its just funny.
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by kennynikky(m): 4:31pm On Nov 06, 2016
seangy4konji:
It's ok. Good morning.yea I know.lol. I reason different at times.good day.
tnx 4 ur quick understanding..
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by Originalsly: 5:25pm On Nov 06, 2016
Just read this.... had to reread post... a doctor concerned about the life of a destitute?... and going out of his way to save him? Wow!... one in a million!... true spirit of a doctor. However... I was disappointed that you 'left something' for the DPO and whoever else.... is like you are on one hand doing the right thing as a doctor... trying to save a life.... and on the other hand doing the wrong thing... bribing. Life has a way.... I'm almost sure those that prodded you to "leave something" would sometime in this life be faced with a medical emergency... and guess who would be the one to attend to them/family member?... not wishing... just saying... that's how life works.Have no fear of the future... the matter is closed.
Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by Pamelayoung: 3:25pm On Nov 07, 2016
Eyaa! God bless you real good sir for your effort.

1 Like

Re: A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 07, 2016
elengee:
UPDATE

I met with the police yesterday. The main purpose really was to submit a printed photograph of the unknown man (God rest his soul)

The DTO said they missed me (I still wonder what he meant) and that I should hand over the pictures to the IPO.

I asked whether anyone has come looking for someone that may be the unknown man. The DTO said I shouldn't worry about the matter anymore. That nobody has come forward and that the body now belong to the State. And that if anything comes up, they'll let me know.

I then dropped the pictures, shook hands (not empty hands o) and told them I'll keep in touch.

I think that whatever cooperation I am having with the of the Nigeria Police is the way and manner I handled this whole issue right from the start.

The first feeling when one hit a pedestrian is to run! Run to escape the problems of taking responsibility for knocking a man down. And of course, run from the problems of Police.

Well... The worst that could happen in an accident involving a motorist and a pedestrian has happened to me. It's been 6 weeks of a one in a lifetime experience.

I AM GLAD I AM THE ONE SENDING THIS UPDATE AND NOT A CLOSE FRIEND.

I APPRECIATE YOU ALL

Here's a photo of him in case anyone recognized or is related to him

God bless you. Good luck

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Conductor Cooking Under Petrol Tanker [photos] / Google Celebrates Ladi Kwali (Nigerian Potter) With A Doodle / Giant Snake Swallowed Woman In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.