Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Throwback Photo Of Dimeji Bankole With His Dad & Siblings - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback Photo Of Dimeji Bankole With His Dad & Siblings (42332 Views)

Ike Ekweremadu, Bankole, Katsina-alu Get 21-day Eviction Notices / Dimeji Bankole Celebrates His 48th Birthday Today / Dimeji Bankole Prostrates Before Ooni Of Ife As Ooni Smiles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback Photo Of Dimeji Bankole With His Dad & Siblings by Moahmed: 8:43pm On Oct 05, 2016
Utchgirl:
Our one time speaker of houz of representaTHIEF.He looted his own dt time naah.

Dis ur dad dt evn impregnated and later married one undergraduate 4rm unilag some yrs bak. Grandpa wey dey still knack kpekus.

I tire 4 una oooo.

Wetin concern me sef ?

#Mindingmybizness.

Na you band granpas feom knacking kpekus?

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Dimeji Bankole With His Dad & Siblings by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 05, 2016
hmmm at dat time he no know say he go be tif tif politician
Re: Throwback Photo Of Dimeji Bankole With His Dad & Siblings by honestpoju: 8:51pm On Oct 05, 2016
dman4mdmoon:

Do you know who is father is or was? You need to find out. The father was/is influential. I am not so sure if the father is still alive sha.
bros he is alive and well okay

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Dimeji Bankole With His Dad & Siblings by suresuper: 9:33pm On Oct 05, 2016
For the betterment of Nigeria all the comments above will never progress this country but to destroy and still insisted into wrong hand....Please let us all join hand together and progress this country and stop this propagandist of name and images....great Nigeria better !!!!! Better nation and Rt HOR Dimeji bankole is a man of integrity which cares for youth and people in his surroundings but for those that heard about him from the second party are made wrong comments.....I a very sure that my co-comentors are otherside of his a gender if not they should have talk or comments bout how Nigeria will be better for all not to blackmail the man of honors name......I love you rt HOR Dimeji bankole and you are still the right and trouble person to rest at,because reliance is revolution and revolution is reliance......
Re: Throwback Photo Of Dimeji Bankole With His Dad & Siblings by CioAngels(f): 9:34pm On Oct 05, 2016
tellwisdom:
Na wa o..How did this guy rise to that level ?
Bankole Ole fo
Re: Throwback Photo Of Dimeji Bankole With His Dad & Siblings by kufre2010: 9:43pm On Oct 05, 2016
LOL

Re: Throwback Photo Of Dimeji Bankole With His Dad & Siblings by Laido: 10:46pm On Oct 05, 2016
Mufasa27:
All these rappers be like dimeji Bankole cuz I see them as a FRAUD grin

Shoutout to vectorthaviper!!!

Ohh, abeg nah which song be that ?
Re: Throwback Photo Of Dimeji Bankole With His Dad & Siblings by Utchgirl(f): 10:59pm On Oct 05, 2016
Moahmed:

Na you band granpas feom knacking kpekus?

RIP English
Re: Throwback Photo Of Dimeji Bankole With His Dad & Siblings by NobleG1(m): 12:47am On Oct 06, 2016
Why bring up this thief?
The way st*upid Nigerians worship thieves is unbelievable!
Re: Throwback Photo Of Dimeji Bankole With His Dad & Siblings by lastpage: 4:48am On Oct 06, 2016
obiremy:
Former Speaker of the House of Representatives Dimeji Bankole has gone a long way.The young shall grow.Can you spot him on the photo?.He wrote.....

'My very first hero is my Father, Chief Alani Bankole. He is a man of character, whose principles and integrity draw respect from everyone he meets. His example of leadership made me the man I am today'.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/10/epic-throwback-photo-of-dimeji-bankole.html?m=1

Sharrap Dimeji Bank-Ole, he is NOT your father otherwise you wont be a Treasury LOOTER!

Or did he teach you that one too?

Lastpage!
Re: Throwback Photo Of Dimeji Bankole With His Dad & Siblings by wilcox(m): 5:51am On Oct 06, 2016
This guy na real nigerian politician, him just cut his cake sharply, go solo the watch when the pendulum go swing to his side again.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Dimeji Bankole With His Dad & Siblings by Mufasa27(m): 6:28am On Oct 06, 2016
Laido:
Ohh, abeg nah which song be that ?
The second coming freestyle...

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Dimeji Bankole With His Dad & Siblings by Laido: 6:58am On Oct 06, 2016
Mufasa27:
The second coming freestyle...
I checked google now and saw the lyrics. Same as the titled 8 song. Is it 8 ?
Re: Throwback Photo Of Dimeji Bankole With His Dad & Siblings by Mufasa27(m): 7:06am On Oct 06, 2016
Laido:

I checked google now and saw the lyrics. Same as the titled 8 song. Is it 8 ?
https://www.360nobs. com/2012/08/360downloads-vector-presents-bar-racks-mixtape/
Re: Throwback Photo Of Dimeji Bankole With His Dad & Siblings by Eddy76(m): 8:27am On Oct 06, 2016
One thing I've learnt about Nigerians is that we're very quick to condemnations; we hardly praise people for their good works. But that aside! It is worthy of note that Dimeji Bankole was persecuted after he left office, but was discharged by a competent court after he was prosecuted by the EFCC. What else does one hold against him. All these attacks here are uncalled for; and they cant stop him from achieving greatness by The Grace of God Almighty!
Re: Throwback Photo Of Dimeji Bankole With His Dad & Siblings by Ruggedman1155: 9:05am On Oct 06, 2016
Badtman:
OBJ the Grand Master did it. OBJ ke, Na God o

Re: Throwback Photo Of Dimeji Bankole With His Dad & Siblings by bababuff(m): 9:24am On Oct 06, 2016
faorex:
not really close I stay at his backyard
in fact he just renovate the house he built for his father

Who built house for his father? Demeji?
The father is 10 times richer than him. Go and do your research on Alani Bankole.
He needs no son to build a house for him.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Dimeji Bankole With His Dad & Siblings by bababuff(m): 9:29am On Oct 06, 2016
kayo80:

Are you for real? I used to visit y cousins, the Olubajo's on that street in the 80s/90s. I guess Bankole had traveled to Jand by that time.

You are right. Our house is just besides the Olubajo's house (No. 32 Olatilewa Street). The balcony rails behind them is still there till tomorrow.

You must know Kayode Olubajo.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Dimeji Bankole With His Dad & Siblings by Laido: 9:44am On Oct 06, 2016
Mufasa27:

https://www.360nobs. com/2012/08/360downloads-vector-presents-bar-racks-mixtape/

Alright bro .. Thanks
Re: Throwback Photo Of Dimeji Bankole With His Dad & Siblings by bioye(m): 10:15am On Oct 06, 2016
It appears Dimeji Bankole is the man that many here love to hate. Corruption scandal or not. Why is that?
Re: Throwback Photo Of Dimeji Bankole With His Dad & Siblings by FHMediaConcept(m): 10:43am On Oct 06, 2016
Truth is, many of you are afraid of his political prowess. ... Akanni Ola Balogun
Re: Throwback Photo Of Dimeji Bankole With His Dad & Siblings by FHMediaConcept(m): 10:48am On Oct 06, 2016
Name: RT. Hon. Oladimeji Sabur Bankole a.k. a Dimeji Bankole
Former Speaker, House Of Representatives (2007 - 2011)
Date of Birth: 14 November 1969
Hometown: Abeokuta
State of Origin: Ogun State

Educational Background:
* Baptist Boys High School, Abeokuta starting 1979;
* Albany College, London, England, starting 1985;
* University of Reading, Reading, England, starting 1989;
* University of Oxford's Officer Training College, Oxford, England, 1991;
* Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, US, in 2005.

Professional Courses:
* Master of Public Administration degree from John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, USA in 2005. .
* Mason Fellow in Public Policy and Management at John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, USA, 2014.
* Artillery Corps military officer at Oxford University.

Profession:
* Director, Freight Agencies Nigeria Limited. 1995 - 1998;
* Executive Director of Operations, West African Aluminium Products Limited. 1998 - 2004;
* Director, ASAP Limited. 2000 - 2003.
* Economist

Sports:
* Bankole is a Polo player, and is a member of the Lagos Polo Club, where his position is Defense.
* He is Abiola Babes and Manchester United fan.

Twitter: @DimejiSBankole
To know more about him, Like his Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/dimejibankole.org/?fref=ts

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Dimeji Bankole With His Dad & Siblings by kayo80(m): 10:50am On Oct 06, 2016
bababuff:

You are right. Our house is just besides the Olubajo's house (No. 32 Olatilewa Street). The balcony rails behind them is still there till tomorrow.

You must know Kayode Olubajo.

Nice to see someone who knows the legendary Olubajo 2 storey building on Olatilewa street. The Kayode Olubajo i know is my late uncle...the founder/owner of Beachline Resort in Ojo. They might have been another Kayode Olubajo sha, cos I was just close to the ones that stayed in that house around the very early 90s to mid 90s...mostly girls. The Olubajo are my father's cousin, so they are like second cousins to me.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Dimeji Bankole With His Dad & Siblings by FHMediaConcept(m): 12:50pm On Oct 06, 2016
Premium Times Nigeria

Court acquits ex-Speaker, Bankole, of contract inflation, embezzlement of N874 million

Premium Times

3 years ago Categories:News, Top News Tags:bankole, breaking news, Dimeji Bankole, EFCC, News, Nigeria, nigerian breaking news, Nigerian news

The judge said the prosecution could not establish a prima facie case against ex-Speaker

A Federal High Court in Abuja, Friday, discharged and acquitted a former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole, of contract inflation and fraudulent embezzlement of public funds totalling N874 million while in office.

The presiding judge, Evoh Chukwu, cleared the former Speaker of any complicity in a 16-count charge brought against him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

The Commission had dragged Mr. Bankole to court for allegedly being involved in the purchase of two bullet-proof Range Rover vehicles, two non-bulletproof Range Rover, three Mercedes Benz S-Class 600 cars, 400 units of DSTV system, 400 television sets, 800 units of desktop computers, 100 units of Sharp Digital photographers, and 400 units of Laserjet 2600N.

It said the purchases contravened Section 17 to 56 of the Procurement Act No. 14 of 2007.

An Abuja High Court had previously acquitted the former Speaker of charges bordering on breach of trust and illegally obtaining loan of about N9 billion for the lower legislative chamber.

Relying on the testimonies given by six witnesses called by the prosecuting counsel, Mr. Chukwu said no error was committed in the process leading to the award of the said contracts to warrant the Speaker being asked to enter his defence in trial.

The judge said the prosecution, led by Festus Keyamo, failed to establish a prima facie case against Mr. Bankole to justify the demand that he should enter defence in the N874 million contract fraud against him.

Mr. Chukwu also said that the prosecution could not also prove that the former Speaker colluded with others to commit the crime as covered by counts 3, 6, 9, 12, 13 and 14 of the charge.

“From the totality of the testimonies of the six witnesses, nothing shows any act of collusion on the part of the accused person,” the judge said.

“Nothing shows that he interfered with the process of the award of the contracts. No mention about anybody fronting for him was made by the prosecution witnesses and the process was also said to have complied with the requirements.

“Based on the totality of these witnesses’ testimonies, I hold that there is nothing to justify his being called to enter his defence as none of the essential ingredients have been proved by the prosecution”

Mr. Chukwu noted that the court would be engaging in inquisitorial trial if it insisted that the accused must prove his innocence.

According to him, in line with Nigeria’s adversarial criminal procedure, the prosecution must prove its case against the accused.

“In the end, the no-case submission of the accused person succeeds. The accused is hereby discharged and acquitted,” the judge said.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Dimeji Bankole With His Dad & Siblings by tiwato(m): 12:52pm On Oct 06, 2016
U sit down there u dey abuse the best speaker ever in nigeria. Just last week in far away United Kingdom he was appointed as the honouary Vice chairman of the African house london In recognition of his phenomenal leadership intelligence and PAN African development interests
Re: Throwback Photo Of Dimeji Bankole With His Dad & Siblings by tiwato(m): 1:01pm On Oct 06, 2016
tiwato:
U sit down there u dey abuse the best speaker ever in nigeria. Just last week in far away United Kingdom he was appointed as the honouary Vice chairman of the African house london In recognition of his phenomenal leadership intelligence and PAN African development interests

3 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Dimeji Bankole With His Dad & Siblings by leedsconstruct: 1:02pm On Oct 06, 2016
All the guys wey dey yarn rubbish I just pity you. You are here wasting your time while the former articulate speaker is making progress with his life. He has been moving from Harvard University to oxford university etal receiving accolades and giving lectures and meeting with world leaders of high notes

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Dimeji Bankole With His Dad & Siblings by Olusolajames001: 1:08pm On Oct 06, 2016
@Tiwato... This Is Another Milestone In The Life Of Rt. Hon. Dimeji Bankole. The Africa House is a social enterprise established to promote bilateral trade between the United Kingdom and Africa. Its major objective is that of actualisizing its ' Africa for Growth Initiative', which is essentially about offering assistance and developing a pragmatic template for favorable commercial relationships between Africa and UK growth Businesses and Large blue chip corporates among other business groups. They are not just ambitious about sharing the African investment scape with China and gaining access to Africa's abundant opportunities, but also adding value to new and existing relationships.

The African House, is among others, a strong partner of the Westminster African Group, a platform that brings together the leaders and business interests in the favor of the United Kingdom and Africa. It was established originally in 1947 as the Conservative West Africa - a link between High Commissions in West African countries and the Conservative party. On account of its wider spectrum of political audience and interests it now commands, it metamorphosed to the Westminster African Business Group in the year 2002.

Beyond affiliations,I reckon this new partnership is of national significance, in both the political and the business fronts. At an epoch marked by dwindling fortunes of Foreign Direct Investments, we can leverage on relationships like this in opening up new frontiers of engagements, investments and opportunities for economic revitalization. It really would not be a tall order for a nationalist like the former speaker to deploy this important relevance to continental, national and regional advantages, and offering the inroad for his partners to competitively invest in our inchoate business milieu.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Dimeji Bankole With His Dad & Siblings by kemimic: 1:17pm On Oct 06, 2016
Yeye people, they just like to make Rash Comment. However,Of course, charges of corruption were brought against him,like most politicians, and unfairly bruising his political career and accusing him of financial misconduct. Unlike many who are accused, Dimeji demanded a trial - an act unheard of amongst Nigerian politicians.

He hired his own legal team to help defend his reputation and freedom. Years later Dimeji Bankole was cleared of all allegations. While the damage to his political career had been done and his family’s reputation unfairly disparaged, he was rightfully exonerated and the case shown to be a witch-hunt by an over-eager government agency buoyed by detractors. This experience entrenched the value of justice, and truth in the former speaker.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Dimeji Bankole With His Dad & Siblings by Ibraheem16(m): 1:25pm On Oct 06, 2016
THE THEORY OF LOOKING BACK

Logical assertions and rational thoughts - without donning the garb of preposterousness - are agreed that one of the qualities that mustn't be found wanting in a leader is the power of effective coordination. This however takes different twists and bends as it depends on kinds of leadership adaptations such leader wants to adopt. These are sacred facts.

Carrying no further coal to Newcastle, looking back simply implies taking precautionary measures and steps to ensure that those following are doing so effectively. It has reflected in histories and over the ages of how leaders who never looked back lost empires and kingdoms. Leaders who adopt the "go solo" approach have been chastised by their own perilous errors.

Listening to the electorate connotes looking back. Moving with the people is part of what we are talking about. Feeling the plights of the majority within the polity still resonates the idea: looking back.

For us, we are duty bound to feeling the people's plights, listening to them and putting ourselves in their shoes. We won't discard the sagacity of Chief Obafemi Awolowo SAN when - at the Seventh Day Adventist Church, Iperu-Remo - the late sage said: "politicians are made and not born. Anyone who does not have the stomach for the railings of the masses but prides in their occasional hosannas is not fit to lead a public life".

And I tell you my fellow country men, it takes a leader who looks back to lead a successful public Iife. For in the words of Harold Seymour, "when the leadership is right and the time is right, the people can always be counted upon to follow - to the end and at all cost."

For more update(s), follow Dimeji Bankole on Twitter @DimejiSBankole OR click on the following link to "Like" his Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/dimejibankole.org/

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Dimeji Bankole With His Dad & Siblings by Ibraheem16(m): 1:36pm On Oct 06, 2016
Dimeji Bankole is a brilliant personalty that we're so proud of as been of our best products from our dear Gateway state, he is the youngest speaker in history and has given hope to many of us that we can also get to the top with hardwork and dedication, his coming as speaker Federal House of Representatives didn't come so easy, he won in a landslide against his opponent as his colleagues massively supported his bid because of his exemplary leadership acumen, humility, dexterity and commitment to a united house. he has bridged a gaps by accomplishing what many taught a young man cannot achieve, we should support him and other young prospect rather than been against him, some has even turn themselves to the court to wrongly pronounced him guilty that a competent court of law has duly clear him off all allegations springed up by his political enemies,

Dimeji Bankole our son God is with you and as such no man can be against you

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Dimeji Bankole With His Dad & Siblings by livingsocrates(m): 1:43pm On Oct 06, 2016
Hi Nairalanders.

I became a registered member of this great forum when I was in University but I had to change my mind because of the frivolous and uncoithed utterances of some dudes. I always see it as a task for the eggheads to always direct issues and not trade tackles.

With respects to the picture of Rt. Hon. Dimeji Bankole CFR posted on this very platform, you will all agree with me that the former Speaker, alongside his siblings, is the pride of the father, Chief Alani Bankole. Let it be on good authority that the JAGUNMOLU of Egbaland happens to be a successful entrepreneur with a large business empire. With the proceeds of his wealth, he trained his children and today is proud of them all. The place of unnecessary rantings are without a doubt, polite liability found wanting within the circuits of nerds.

Rt. Hon. Dimeji Bankole CFR remains a public figure we cannot downsize his political figure. This was a Speaker who ensured that all unspent funds by MDAs were accounted and refunded.

People won't talk about that!

Rt. Hon. Dimeji Bankole CFR ensured the passage of the FOI Bill and made everyone of us get easy access to publoc and official records.

Of course! No one is talking about that!

I implore us all not to lean on the Mosaic pole but hug with perfect affection the reasoning that it pays to appreciate those who deserve it. Dimeji Bankole does and its apt to give him the respect.

Martins Olamiji Sijuwade.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Taiwo Fatiregun's Head Broken After Defecting To Another Party. Photos / Nigerians react to Governors From Niger Republic who Joined Buhari To Campaign / Nigerians That Left High Paid Jobs Overseas To Serve Their Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.