Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,807 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

Tecno Plans To Set Up Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Plans To Set Up Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria (1924 Views)

NCC: Why We Reversed Plans To Hike Data Price / Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data / Tecno Mobile Plans To Open A Manufacturing Plant In Lagos Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno Plans To Set Up Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria by shiftback: 6:24pm On Oct 05, 2016
The giant phone manufacturer whose business has entered its 10th year in the Middle East and African markets, has informed of its plans to set up a manufacturing plant in Nigeria.

For effect, the firm said it has secured a large expanse of land in one of the choicest areas of Lagos.
Tecno Deputy Marketing Manager, Nigeria, Attai Oguche, who disclosed this in Lagos, at the launch of the firm’s new mobile devices—Phantom 6 and Phantom 6 Plus, said the firm is committed to the Nigerian market, hence the need to site a manufacturing plant in the country.

Oguche said while Tecno has its first African manufacturing plant in Ethiopia, the firm has established presence in 48 territories, “Nigeria, Kenya and Tanzania respectively remain the biggest market on the continent for the phone company.”

Culled from http://www.nigeriatoday.ng/2016/10/tecno-plans-nigerias-manufacturing-plant/

The move which i think has been long overdue is a welcomed development as it is sure to create hundreds of jobs as well as make their phones much more affordable.
Re: Tecno Plans To Set Up Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria by Tallesty1(m): 6:29pm On Oct 05, 2016
This is good news
Re: Tecno Plans To Set Up Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria by Freelancerx: 6:38pm On Oct 05, 2016
Wonderful news. This will actually aid the economy positively by creating jobs alleviating poverty in the process. It's a brilliant idea.
Re: Tecno Plans To Set Up Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 05, 2016
This is long overdue considering Tecno holds a large sway in the country's mobile phone market. This is a good step in that the phones will be more affordable.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tecno Plans To Set Up Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria by Behankey(m): 6:55pm On Oct 05, 2016
Nice one and It's also an amazing idea from Tecno mobile , provision of jobs, bringing the brand closer to the people are part of the advantages of this move.
Re: Tecno Plans To Set Up Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria by dasphinx1(m): 6:58pm On Oct 05, 2016
I thought they wanted to establish a factory in India instead? Good thing they realized Nigeria is worthy of having a factory. It will really go a long way smiley
Re: Tecno Plans To Set Up Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria by Abdstrakt(m): 7:04pm On Oct 05, 2016
this one that they are saying choicest areas of Lagos. They should locate it on the mainland o!

Good move, one can easily see how it will benefit the country. Investment, Growth poles, Employment, Technology, Frigging affordable phones for us!!!

1 Like

Re: Tecno Plans To Set Up Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria by fran6co(m): 7:05pm On Oct 05, 2016
good deal
Re: Tecno Plans To Set Up Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria by Explorers(m): 7:12pm On Oct 05, 2016
See my dream....

1 Like

Re: Tecno Plans To Set Up Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria by excanny: 7:13pm On Oct 05, 2016
Nice one. You see why I support this brand? A brand that see its customers as family and associates with them down to their level. That plant will take some unemployed youths out of the labour market. Kudos Tecno.
Re: Tecno Plans To Set Up Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria by shiftback: 7:22pm On Oct 05, 2016
excanny:
Nice one. You see why I support this brand? A brand that see its customers as family and associates with them down to their level. That plant will take some unemployed youths out of the labour market. Kudos Tecno.

And some of those Tecno bashers will rush to apply.
Re: Tecno Plans To Set Up Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria by Divinerace(m): 7:27pm On Oct 05, 2016
tecno+infinix+injoo+itel===nonsense!!!
Re: Tecno Plans To Set Up Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 05, 2016
Divinerace:
tecno+infinix+injoo+itel===nonsense!!!

Let them know o............Pure Nonsense phones
Re: Tecno Plans To Set Up Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria by jmichlins(m): 7:44pm On Oct 05, 2016
do this and I will forever be your fan
Re: Tecno Plans To Set Up Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria by MizMyColi(f): 7:54pm On Oct 05, 2016
This will end the destiny of some phone manufacturers.

Is it manufacturing plant abi assembly plant?
I need to be clear pls.
Re: Tecno Plans To Set Up Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria by fotadmowmend(m): 8:00pm On Oct 05, 2016
Dats cool cool
Re: Tecno Plans To Set Up Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria by excanny: 8:05pm On Oct 05, 2016
shiftback:

No mind them. Make them dey support brands wey no send them. Like say Apple get their time.
Re: Tecno Plans To Set Up Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria by PROWESX(m): 8:31pm On Oct 05, 2016
excanny:

No mind them. Make them dey support brands wey no send them. Like say Apple get their time.
tell them dey say na chinko phone as if sey Apple na thier first phone.
Re: Tecno Plans To Set Up Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria by tosyne2much(m): 8:31pm On Oct 05, 2016
This will be of great benefit to the nation
Re: Tecno Plans To Set Up Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria by ritababe(f): 8:35pm On Oct 05, 2016
excanny:

that's why I love tecno.
#tecno
Re: Tecno Plans To Set Up Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria by barackodam: 8:45pm On Oct 05, 2016
I don't beef Tecno, I only beef their sub standard phones(in my opinion) but then, after seeing the benchmark of phantom 6+, I think you ought to be applauded for producing a top notch phone irrespective of the price.

And now, this again......if this comes to reality, you deserve a standing ovation!!!

Oh God, Infinix, no let Tecno run away o, I know you always give them competition, please tighten your belt and stiffen the competition biko

1 Like

Re: Tecno Plans To Set Up Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria by excanny: 9:28pm On Oct 05, 2016
barackodam:
I don't beef Tecno, I only beef their sub standard phones(in my opinion) but then, after seeing the benchmark of phantom 6+, I think you ought to be applauded for producing a top notch phone irrespective of the price.

And now, this again......if this comes to reality, you deserve a standing ovation!!!

Oh God, Infinix, no let Tecno run away o, I know you always give them competition, please tighten your belt and stiffen the competition biko

Tecno is ready for business in the Nigerian environment. Just imagine with the kinds of highend smartphones they keep churning out year in year out. What happens if these phones are manufactured at a plant in Nigeria? Massive drop in price! I see them increasing their market share from 31% to above 50% in Nigeria.
Re: Tecno Plans To Set Up Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria by barackodam: 9:41pm On Oct 05, 2016
excanny:

Tecno is ready for business in the Nigerian environment. Just imagine with the kinds of highend smartphones they keep churning out year in year out. What happens if these phones are manufactured at a plant in Nigeria? Massive drop in price! I see them increasing their market share from 31% to above 50% in Nigeria.

Very true
Re: Tecno Plans To Set Up Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 06, 2016
Nice movement
Re: Tecno Plans To Set Up Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria by excanny: 7:17am On Oct 06, 2016
Where is lalasticlala when you need him?
Re: Tecno Plans To Set Up Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria by henryobinna(m): 8:49am On Oct 06, 2016
if true, this is super awesome!

Chinese Smartphones would become cheap here in Nigeria as it is in China.

some of us rush to buy TECNO phones with out checking out some features/components first and then at then end buy CRAPS!!! This u why you need this COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE TO BUY YOUR NEXT SMARTPHONE http://www.droidpost.com/2015/11/features-to-watchout-for-when-buying-smartphone.html
Re: Tecno Plans To Set Up Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria by chicwoman(f): 10:49am On Oct 06, 2016
This is good news. At least this will reduce unemployment and make the phones cheaper for us Nigerians
Re: Tecno Plans To Set Up Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria by shiftback: 12:01pm On Oct 06, 2016
MizMyColi:
This will end the destiny of some phone manufacturers.

Is it manufacturing plant abi assembly plant?
I need to be clear pls.

I don't think it will end their destiny. They'll eventually see the benefits of setting up their own plants in Nigeria and we'll be better for it.

They'll want to outdo each other which will lead to more jobs and super affordable phones, its a win win situation.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Plans To Set Up Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria by TheGuy5: 3:06pm On Oct 06, 2016
Make your own money!
Train hard, work simple and smart!
Become a smart Cellphone Technical support guru
Skill is the capital you need!
A book resource is yours to consult continuously; A seminar or workshop is time limited.
Get the best trending book on Mobile phones and Tablets Repairs. See reviews by readers in the image.
Available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, eBay etc
Or click link below.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/9789534116?keywords=mobile%20phones%20and%20tablets%20repairs&pc_redir=T1&qid=1463153220&sr=8-8

Re: Tecno Plans To Set Up Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria by TheGuy5: 3:07pm On Oct 06, 2016
You may even learn to qualify for a job in the plant!

TheGuy5:
Make your own money!
Train hard, work simple and smart!
Become a smart Cellphone Technical support guru
Skill is the capital you need!
A book resource is yours to consult continuously; A seminar or workshop is time limited.
Get the best trending book on Mobile phones and Tablets Repairs. See reviews by readers in the image.
Available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, eBay etc
Or click link below.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/9789534116?keywords=mobile%20phones%20and%20tablets%20repairs&pc_redir=T1&qid=1463153220&sr=8-8
Re: Tecno Plans To Set Up Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria by MrBONE2(m): 3:18pm On Oct 06, 2016
shiftback:

grin I am telling you sharp sharp job applications in fast motion loading mode. grin
Re: Tecno Plans To Set Up Manufacturing Plant In Nigeria by omoalajah(m): 7:34pm On Oct 06, 2016
This is really applauding. Setting up a manufacturing plant will help provide employment

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Annoying Things You Should Not Be Doing On Whatsapp / So This Is How Glo Decided To Stop Their Social Responsibility / Unable To Call MTN Numbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.