Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,560 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless (31727 Views)

Two Buildings On Fire At Nkwor Ogbe Market, Ihiala Anambra State / Massive Demolition Of Buildings Going On In Aba (Photos) / 3d Views Of Buildings By The Harneyproject Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by michade(m): 6:32pm On Oct 05, 2016
Lagos State Government commences demolition of buildings which is said to be built on the road construction project at Abule Egba of Lagos-Abeokuta Express way. The road construction project is said to have rendered several people homeless within a space of two days in which the demolition started. it is said to also have created set back to different organizations around the area such as GT Bank, Wema Bank and others.

One of the Residents in the area told 9jaspotlights reporter that a 7 days vacation notice was given to every affected Residents, Starting from 27th September, 2016, but people were adamant to welcome the warning.

It was also gathered that some affected persons died as a result of this on going action while some were rushed to the hospital due to shocks at the sight of properties being damaged and hoping it was just a dream.

9jaspotlights Reporting

https://9jaspotlights..com/2016/10/demolition-of-buildings-on-lagos.html?m=1

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by SmattadHomes: 6:35pm On Oct 05, 2016
Saw it last nite. So devastating on those affected.

1 Like

Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by aylagos(m): 6:58pm On Oct 05, 2016
Notice was served and those affected alrready aware this.

3 Likes

Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by make9jagr8: 8:02pm On Oct 05, 2016
aylagos:
7 days notice is indeed a notice.

33 Likes

Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 05, 2016
aylagos:
Always say what you know

6 Likes

Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by Origin(f): 12:15am On Oct 06, 2016
Please was the land allocated for the road from the onset. Or is that the government is just acquiring the land for the expansion.

8 Likes

Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by mannobi(m): 4:26am On Oct 06, 2016
Yeeeee. Gbese re ooooo. What a price to pay. I really pity these people o. Especially that GTbank after paying 30ml to repurchase that plot from omoonile. Chai. Ambode should pls have mercy o. Bridge is good but people's lives and properties should also be considered too

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by zanebaddo(m): 7:47am On Oct 06, 2016
Lagos and demolition is like... grin

13 Likes

Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by DesireInnerWear(f): 7:47am On Oct 06, 2016
In this recession, govt is still rendering people homeless undecided

4 Likes

Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:48am On Oct 06, 2016
yeah saw it also in the night yesterday... i think the Government want to create a bridge around abulegba axis . which will be finish within 18 month i think that was why they keep demonlish house along the road
Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by Beesluv: 7:49am On Oct 06, 2016
7 days to relocate

4 Likes

Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by Jamez122: 7:49am On Oct 06, 2016
too bad hope land owners were compensated

1 Like

Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 06, 2016
They will be compensated well... M sure GTB have thier CofO, I just pity the commoners more.

1 Like

Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 06, 2016
Job loss again

2 Likes

Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by ventilation: 7:52am On Oct 06, 2016
Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by Tochex101(m): 7:54am On Oct 06, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
yeah saw it also in the night yesterday... i think the Government want to create a bridge around abulegba axis . which will be finish within 18 month i think that was why they keep demonlish house along the road

18 months?
We all know thats fallacy.

1 Like

Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by Techpaded(f): 7:54am On Oct 06, 2016
Idiots, heartless gov't. I hate seeing this

2 Likes

Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by ademoladeji(m): 7:54am On Oct 06, 2016
make9jagr8:

Notice was served since last year during the preliminary stage of the project.

7 Likes

Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:55am On Oct 06, 2016
DesireInnerWear:
In this recession, govt is still rendering people homeless undecided
I tire ooooo

1 Like

Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by Seun4FastLoans(f): 7:55am On Oct 06, 2016
Ohh! I know that place...are they extending the overhead bridge to that spot
Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by Techpaded(f): 7:57am On Oct 06, 2016
GTBANK will surely get compensated, but the commoner will get shoved!! Bullshit

1 Like

Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by leunamme93(m): 7:57am On Oct 06, 2016
A Minimum of One Month Notice would have suffice atleast. I blame the Nigeria government for this whenever they are constructing an express road they don't think futuristic in their approach. The construct will little or no room for expansion. Or would some here claim those buildings where illegal just to disapprove?

1 Like

Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by pol23: 7:57am On Oct 06, 2016
I no pity GTB.
Na other small investors go suffer am.
Btw: Do GTB actually bought illegal land or LASG dey use veto?
Big Organization like that 'll likely have C of O of all their landed property.
I'm just a Nairalander, What do I know?
Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by Lamzee(m): 7:59am On Oct 06, 2016
I think they want to add two lanes after the bridge or so
Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by ajalawole(m): 7:59am On Oct 06, 2016
make9jagr8:
u dey mind am 7days notice in this lagos

3 Likes

Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by buchilino(m): 8:01am On Oct 06, 2016
Neemrod:
Always say what you know
DATS ONE MAJOR PROBLEM WITH SO MANY ON NL. THEY ALWAYS THINK THEY NO.

2 Likes

Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by prettytinah: 8:01am On Oct 06, 2016
Radaada. 7 days is not enough na. con turn landlord to ayalegbe nao. o ga oo..
Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by oyetunder(m): 8:02am On Oct 06, 2016
K
Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by matrixme(m): 8:03am On Oct 06, 2016
Notice how the halls of the two banks are empty during the demolition. Corporate organizations will not allow any of their resources to go to waste, yet the private individuals are collapsing in shock after getting a prior notice, albeit short.
I really sympathize here, but I think these people ought to have quickly moved their stuff before that time. We all know how insensitive the government can act during demolition, so one must not be caught unawares.

1 Like

Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by AUTOCRATIC(m): 8:03am On Oct 06, 2016
It was so unfortunate, but their is nothing anyone can do about it, even wema bank that charged lagos state government to court eventually could not win the case, they were given 24 hours to move their valuables, that was why it was not demolished as at yesterday. It's a big lesson for everyone to learn from, if you are buying a landed property, endeavor to visit the ministry of land and physical planning in your state to have an idea of what government have designed for some specific place. Law says any building on that road must move 100 metres away from the road. Aside that most of the building that were demolished does not have approved plan from the state government. Their is different between having C of O and approved plan... That area was designed for residential not commercial, those banks are standing their illegally. I stand to be corrected

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:03am On Oct 06, 2016
bro the bridge will soo be complete oo i normally pass there everyday.. and i can see work in progress dere ooo
Tochex101:

18 months?
We all know thats fallacy.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Property On Fire At Lagos Island (Photos) / Unbelievable..greenland Estate, Sangotedo For #6million (pics attached) / What Is Land Banking? #unregretful Investment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.