Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless (31712 Views)

Two Buildings On Fire At Nkwor Ogbe Market, Ihiala Anambra State / Massive Demolition Of Buildings Going On In Aba (Photos) / 3d Views Of Buildings By The Harneyproject Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by buchilino(m): 8:04am On Oct 06, 2016
Origin:
Please was the land allocated for the road from the onset. Or is that the government is just acquiring the land for the expansion.

VERY GOOD QUESTION. UNFORTUNATELY NOBODY IN NL HAS D ANSWER
Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by hitchowoyemi(m): 8:06am On Oct 06, 2016
buchilino:

DATS ONE MAJOR PROBLEM WITH SO MANY ON NL. THEY ALWAYS THINK THEY NO.
add a k to ur no . thanks u grin
buchilino:

DATS ONE MAJOR PROBLEM WITH SO MANY ON NL. THEY ALWAYS THINK THEY NO.
add a k to ur no . thanks grin
Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by ceejay80s(m): 8:07am On Oct 06, 2016
aylagos:
Notice was served and those affected alrready aware this.

So u think say e easy to find and move into a new house in 7 days?
Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by 4dor: 8:09am On Oct 06, 2016
They were given more than 7 days notice.

1 Like

Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by olutosfem(f): 8:09am On Oct 06, 2016
It is well
Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by obarasqie(m): 8:10am On Oct 06, 2016
so help us God
Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by bsideboii(m): 8:12am On Oct 06, 2016
I hope due process was followed most importantly.
Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by omonla10(m): 8:14am On Oct 06, 2016
The govt agreed around 30ft distance initially only to change agreement on demolition day to 90ft..words have it that the contract has been hijacked by the fg(fashola) which obviously accounted for a bigger road network..

1 Like

Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by Femich18(m): 8:18am On Oct 06, 2016
SmattadHomes:
Saw it last nite. So devastating on those affected.
please will the road expansion from Lagos terminate at Abeokuta or where?
Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by kayzat: 8:19am On Oct 06, 2016
Tochex101:

18 months?
We all know thats fallacy.

You can only say that because you never pass through that road . The project is on course and I won't be surprised if it was even delivered ahead of the scheduled date.
Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by moonloved(f): 8:19am On Oct 06, 2016
pol23:
I no pity GTB.
Na other small investors go suffer am.
Btw: Do GTB actually bought illegal land or LASG dey use veto?
Big Organization like that 'll likely have C of O of all their landed property.
I'm just a Nairalander, What do I know?
they have C of O
Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by xtivin(m): 8:22am On Oct 06, 2016
Ifa just told me BUHARI is responsible for thisangry angry angry

Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by Realdeals(m): 8:25am On Oct 06, 2016
The only thing I can say is that other people on that road all the way to tollgate should be prepared. The demolition has the hand of fashola.
He has already said that the FG will reclaim all setback on its road.
Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:29am On Oct 06, 2016
Origin:
Please was the land allocated for the road from the onset. Or is that the government is just acquiring the land for the expansion.

It's within the power of state governments to take over people's lands and pay compensation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by tete7000(m): 8:31am On Oct 06, 2016
Building close to a major road is always a risk. The govt can always come and claim they need to expand road and the landowners suffer the brunt. People need to learn to observe a minimum setback from the centre of road before building permanent structures to avoid this kind of predicament. Life is hard already, suffering a home loss makes it harder. It is sad.
Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by Gideonaigbe(m): 8:32am On Oct 06, 2016
I only hope after demolitions...d roads will be built
Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:32am On Oct 06, 2016
mannobi:
Yeeeee. Gbese re ooooo. What a price to pay. I really pity these people o. Especially that GTbank after paying 30ml to repurchase that plot from omoonile. Chai. Ambode should pls have mercy o. Bridge is good but people's lives and properties should also be considered too
In your logic, 24 hours power is good, but government shouldn't do it because it would put generator and inverter sellers out of business.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by aluma(m): 8:33am On Oct 06, 2016
The warri we knw before never had any dual lane except a single lane were @ some point wen driving u have to wait for a vehicle coming to pass before u ur self can drive through but after demolition of so many ouse along the road by ibori govt warri roads its now a new turn so pls allow govt dat re ready to work to do their work just for God to touch dier heart for compensation cos most Nigerians after building ouse dey will draw the fence to the road well ibori compensated not only in warri but almost every part of delta state that felt his development
Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by link2ok(m): 8:36am On Oct 06, 2016
DATS ONE MAJOR PROBLEM WITH SO MANY ON NL. THEY ALWAYS THINK THEY NO.[/quote

grin grin .. ..
Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by dapsonlou(m): 8:38am On Oct 06, 2016
aylagos:
Notice was served and those affected alrready aware this.

7 days notice to vacate a home you build over 3uyears ago. Ambode have rendered so many People homeless and Jobless. Yes the only Governor that will serve one term. Even people in Apc are waiting for him.
Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by Hades2016(m): 8:39am On Oct 06, 2016
7 days notice is nothing na , why are Nigeria government so wicked angry
Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by dapsonlou(m): 8:39am On Oct 06, 2016
DesireInnerWear:

In this recession, govt is still rendering people homeless undecided

Imagine.
Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by buchilino(m): 8:41am On Oct 06, 2016
hitchowoyemi:

add a k to ur no . thanks u grin
add a k to ur no . thanks grin
OH! SORRY, MY BAD. ENGLISH ISN'T MY PAPA OR MOTHER TONGUE.

1 Like

Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by anonimi: 8:42am On Oct 06, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
It's within the power of state governments to take over people's lands and pay compensation.

Very correct.
The challenge is whether the government pays adequate compensation promptly.

anonimi:
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/pcvhprupz53v0i2s3lqkiiftaebf16ps1287728[/img]

1 Like

Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by anonimi: 8:44am On Oct 06, 2016
Hades2016:
7 days notice is nothing na , why are Nigeria government so wicked angry

Are you sure that was all that they were given?
Were they not previously notified?

1 Like

Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by segebase(m): 8:44am On Oct 06, 2016
Beesluv:
7 days to relocate
notice dat we served dem since five months ago
Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:45am On Oct 06, 2016
With the demolition of houses at that axis, I can only imagine how wide the road would be. I used to think the buildings were far enough not to be touched. I pity GTB. Maybe they're taken unaware probably after going to court. The rate at which people were looting their things yesterday was high.
Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by folasayolyn(f): 8:51am On Oct 06, 2016
don't let us just blame the government. while in school I rented a room in the community baale's house. he said government most of the time have paid the omo onile who greedily resell the land. also an aunt wanted to buy a piece of land just to see an omo onile she once treated without payment there who told her not to buy it that it was slated for a market place by the government. nigeria is a well planned nation but the plans were not executed so many public areas have been sold out so when a responsible government wants to execute the plans please don't blame them. it's buyers beware go through reputable surveyors

3 Likes

Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by holaralph(m): 8:52am On Oct 06, 2016
AUTOCRATIC:
It was so unfortunate, but their is nothing anyone can do about it, even wema bank that charged lagos state government to court eventually could not win the case, they were given 24 hours to move their valuables, that was why it was not demolished as at yesterday. It's a big lesson for everyone to learn from, if you are buying a landed property, endeavor to visit the ministry of land and physical planning in your state to have an idea of what government have designed for some specific place. Law says any building on that road must move 100 metres away from the road. Aside that most of the building that were demolished does not have approved plan from the state government. Their is different between having C of O and approved plan... That area was designed for residential not commercial, those banks are standing their illegally. I stand to be corrected
HAVEN READ ALL COMMENTS ON THIS THREAD I APPLAUD YOU FOR YOUR GREAT INSIGHT AND YOUR COMMENT MY BROTHER GOD BLESS YOU JARE.................
Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:52am On Oct 06, 2016
buchilino:

VERY GOOD QUESTION. UNFORTUNATELY NOBODY IN NL HAS D ANSWER
Go read the Land Use Act, it places all lands within a state in the hand of the state government. State government can take over any land it has interest in or whose owner fails to abide by the rules of the government. The government however pays compensation. Didn't you read somewhere the the Anambra State Government took over a piece of land bought by the FG?
Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by buchilino(m): 8:54am On Oct 06, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

Go read the Land Use Act, it places all lands within a state in the hand of the state government. State government can take over any land it has interest in or whose owner fails to abide by the rules of the government. The government however pays compensation. Didn't you read somewhere the the Anambra State Government took over a piece of land bought by the FG?

N UR POINT IS WAT EXACTLY?.

1 Like

Re: Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless by Hades2016(m): 8:55am On Oct 06, 2016
anonimi:

Are you sure that was all that they were given?
Were they not previously notified?
I reason with you sha

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average? / Cost Of Wiring 3 Bedroom Apartment. / Property On Fire At Lagos Island (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.