Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,861 members, 7,956,241 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:23 AM

When The Wife becomes the Husband. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When The Wife becomes the Husband. (40864 Views)

Should A Wife's Money Be '' Hers '' , While The Husband's Money Be " Ours " ? / The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / When Your Wife Takes Your Place As The Husband (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by Taryur3(m): 11:39pm On Oct 06, 2016
Go and get a job. Wives has been providing for the family before your existence.ask my mum,she will tell you something's you dnt get right in marriage.Women waiting for husband to provide before going to kitchen suffer most in marriage

6 Likes

Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by ghostmist: 11:39pm On Oct 06, 2016
LuvU2:

may no woman i knw ever consider a man like you
may u marry a strong headed, disobedient, irrational, illogical woman
may your home be a battle field, a ridicule, nd scorn of the whole world
Amen Amen! smiley
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by repogirl(f): 11:42pm On Oct 06, 2016
Yes o! I am in support of democratic marriages. Division of labour for everyone involved. cheesy

Nice one OP!

4 Likes

Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by ghostmist: 11:43pm On Oct 06, 2016
ghostmist:
[/quote][quote author=LuvU2 post=49959799]

may no woman i knw ever consider a man like you

may u marry a strong headed, disobedient, irrational, illogical woman

may your home be a battle field, a ridicule, nd scorn of the whole world

Amen Amen! smiley
All these just because he stated his opinion about how he wants his home to be??

I for one, I grew up with my mum running the domestic affairs. I never saw her complain or ask my dad to come and help her inside the kitchen.

Beans Was The First food I learnt how to cook in my undergraduate days. I had my sis text me the recipe, and I followed it religiously. now, I can rival most women in the kitchen. however, I would still prefer my wife to be handling the domestic affairs without haranguing me for help like as if she's handicapped.

what is it with most girls these days and laziness...

in the early stages of our romance, I may decide to engage in one of these "supposedly" romantic acts, just so she knows that I can very well take care of my self if she starts acting up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by Thermodynamics(m): 11:50pm On Oct 06, 2016
What about single mothers hmmm? I de ask you op, don't they do house chores and still fend for their families? you want make man turn to woman wrapper because e no get work. Chey op, you wicked.

1 Like

Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by metallisc(m): 12:00am On Oct 07, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
I don't quite understand this post but
Single mothers have been holding tagther families for eons....just sayin' grin

are you a single mother? angry
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 07, 2016
metallisc:

are you a single mother? angry
angry

1 Like

Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by metallisc(m): 12:04am On Oct 07, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
angry

i need an answer not a an emoji! tongue
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 07, 2016
metallisc:

i need an answer not a an emoji! tongue
yes .I have triplet boys smiley
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by metallisc(m): 12:08am On Oct 07, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
yes .I have triplet boys smiley

Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by Nobody: 12:09am On Oct 07, 2016
metallisc:
undecided
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by elektra(f): 12:10am On Oct 07, 2016
ghostmist:
All these just because he stated his opinion about how he wants his home to be??

I for one, I grew up with my mum running the domestic affairs. I never saw her complain or ask my dad to come and help her inside the kitchen.

Beans Was The First food I learnt how to cook in my undergraduate days. I had my sis text me the recipe, and I followed it religiously. now, I can rival most women in the kitchen. however, I would still prefer my wife to be handling the domestic affairs without haranguing me for help like as if she's handicapped.

what is it with most girls these days and laziness...

in the early stages of our romance, I may decide to engage in one of these "supposedly" romantic acts, just so she knows that I can very well take care of my self if she starts acting up.

Was your mother the bread winner in your family?

8 Likes

Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by metallisc(m): 12:11am On Oct 07, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
undecided

so, where is their father?
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by Nobody: 12:15am On Oct 07, 2016
metallisc:

so, where is their father?
in Nigeria while i am in the US
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by ghostmist: 12:18am On Oct 07, 2016
elektra:

Was your mother the bread winner in your family?
My Dad

but, she did her bit....which was a whole lot.
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by elektra(f): 12:24am On Oct 07, 2016
ghostmist:
My Dad

but, she did her bit....which was a whole lot.

Your mum was more efficient in running the home front because your Dad did his part.
It is not laziness to not want to bear the financial stress of running a home and then come back home to bear the domestic stress of doing chores when you have a partner. It is not laziness, it is being human. Women are not machines.

10 Likes

Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by Revolva(m): 12:29am On Oct 07, 2016
grin grin grin that man own don finish na remain make dem bury am grin grin grin
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by ghostmist: 12:35am On Oct 07, 2016
elektra:

Your mum was more efficient in running the home front because your Dad did his part.
It is not laziness to not want to bear the financial stress of running a home and then come back home to bear the domestic stress of doing chores when you have a partner. It is not laziness, it is being human. Women are not machines.
I see your point...

but, it's still at his discretion. They could get a maid at the very least. at least it solves two problems , and it's like killing two birds with a stone. she isn't stressed after work and the man's pride isn't crushed in the guise of doing domestic chores. Besides, he would also have the time to look for something economically tangible to engage himself with.
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by rosalieene(f): 12:36am On Oct 07, 2016
This TOKS guy should rest already.
I have said that you apply your principles to your wife when you get married. Don't comman dictate to other guys how to handle their wives.

2 Likes

Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by InvertedHammer: 12:44am On Oct 07, 2016
Toks2008:
The primary duty of the man in marriage is to provide the basic needs of his family talking about the wife and the children while the primary role of the wife is to nurture the husband and the children which is the perfect definition of help mate.

Now it is important to note that no two marriages are the same and what works for you may not work for the other person and the fact that a man provides all the needs of the family does not mean that he can't assist the wife to do some of her primary duties if needs be and a wife who has become the breadwinner may also not mind playing her primary duties without any support from the husband .

But nevertheless i sincerely believe that every man whose wife have become the main bread winner or a co-bread winner to realize that it is very expedient for him to be ready to also be a co-nurturer of the family and also perform the primary duties of the woman such as cleaning the house,cooking,taking care of the children and helping the wife to do things that will ease off the stress from her.

I have heard of several cases where a man who is fully financially dependent on the wife still expects her to do all the domestic activities and prepares all three course meals and some men even get so angry with the wife because she complains of tiredness.

It is very wicked and uncaring for a man whose wife is also a partaker of his primary duties to still expect the lady to fully take care of the home front and this does not make you less a man but will rather encourage the woman and not make her look like a slave in the house.

I know some men will say it is not in our tradition as Africans to do domestic chores and I sincerely agree but we must also understand that it is also not an Africa tradition for a woman to be a breadwinner.

I don't know if this makes sense.
/
Women want equality. Why not oblige them?

I say 50/50.
\
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by sarahade(f): 12:46am On Oct 07, 2016
Toks2008 you try small, But i want to ask who assigned the duties. is it God? Or is it the bible or quran or which religious book o Mtcheeeeew nonsence helpmate ko househelp ni

Please donot quote me
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by charmosky(m): 12:54am On Oct 07, 2016
I've been married for two and half years now, based in the US, as a couple, we are both in the same medical field, as a nurse and as as an IT engr, from my fresh experience...there's nothing to bargain or agree in this contest....the most important thing is understanding, respect and love....i'll use myself as example....it gives me joy to assist my wife in the kitchen, many at times, she will beg me to stay away from the kitchen and relax, while she make food, but being someone who love to cook...I'll rather trick her and end up giving her a helping hand in the kitchen....this have helped our bonding that when we plan to cook, the level of excitement that comes with that is always amazing....I've always enjoyed every moment I spend with my wife, either helping her or cooking....

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by blazer234: 1:24am On Oct 07, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
I don't quite understand this post but
Single mothers have been holding tagther families for eons....just sayin' grin

You may want to oppose/argue/object to this. But a child without both parents available can never grow to be a complete adult.

Do you know why? Father plays his role and mother plays her role in a child's development.

Do not think child development talks only about physical and academic development. No; it talks about emotional, psychological, spiritual, physically and academic development.

And for your info, psychological and emotional well being of the child determines how he/he manaages life issues.

2 Likes

Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by Nobody: 1:29am On Oct 07, 2016
blazer234:

You may want to oppose/argue/object to this. But a child without both parents available can never grow to be a complete adult.

Do you know why? Father plays his role and mother plays her role in a child's development.

Do not think child development talks only about physical and academic development. No; it talks about emotional, psychological, spiritual, physically and academic development.

And for your info, psychological and emotional well being of the child determines how he/he manaages life issues.
That's debatable .
And what can be donr when the father decides her wants no part of the child
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by blazer234: 1:32am On Oct 07, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
That's debatable .
And what can be donr when the father decides her wants no part of the child

Still, such situation doesn't spare the poor child from incomplete mental, emotional and psychological development.
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by Nobody: 1:34am On Oct 07, 2016
blazer234:

Still, such situation doesn't spare the poor child from incomplete mental, emotional and psychological development.
so what are you suggesting?
I don't get why you quoted me?
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by blazer234: 1:50am On Oct 07, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
so what are you suggesting?
I don't get why you quoted me?

Watch before you leap into marriage.

Get ALL issues sorted before marriage.

Read helpful books that will help both of you before marriage.

Go into marriage out of conviction and love, not bout of compulsion and convenience.

This way, you will be ready to give your all into the marriage to ensure it works.

The above affects both the man and the woman.
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by Nobody: 1:53am On Oct 07, 2016
blazer234:

Watch before you leap into marriage.

Get ALL issues sorted before marriage.

Read helpful books that will help both of you before marriage.

Go into marriage out of conviction and love, not bout of compulsion and convenience.

This way, you will be ready to give your all into the marriage to ensure it works.

The above affects both the man and the woman.
but I didn't say nothin'about marriage
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by Nobody: 2:20am On Oct 07, 2016
Toks is a such a wonderful writer. He is of sound mind and thinks with logic. I believe our friend is aggressively seeking a wife here on Nairaland. cheesy

1 Like

Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by Obason22(m): 3:45am On Oct 07, 2016
people like u will forever remain under a woman, God will help u to Know d differences betwwen a man and a woman.
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by Laredojohn(m): 4:07am On Oct 07, 2016
U have rightly said well, it's Natural for couples to lend an helping hand to each other most especially when these things are needed the most, there isn't any rule that says wives must be the cooks in the house, be the maid that does all the house chores etc, but we have shared responsibility in homes removing the fact that when marriage is involved [/b]both have become one[b] with or without the wife being the bread winner, husbands are also meant to be supportive in their own ways, not until the wife takes up some manly roles such as payment of the kids school fees, fending for the home mayb because she earns far more than the man. I see no reason if a man's job is more flexible than the woman the man picking up the kids @school, making dinner if need be b4 the wife gets home, [/b] off course it's not going to be a daily routine, but once a while[b] just my opinion...we all have right to ours, when there is not division, when you both see yourselves as one..you will never think if one is Doing more because it's still one body.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by Nobody: 4:41am On Oct 07, 2016
rosalieene:
This TOKS guy should rest already.
I have said that you apply your principles to your wife when you get married. Don't comman dictate to other guys how to handle their wives.

Exactly........ advice upandan everywhere

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sick Musa Under The Town Planning Bridge Linking Ilupeju To Anthony Village / Woman Accuses Justice Olamide Oloyede Of Snatching Her Husband (Snapshots) / Happy 50th Wedding Anniversay To My Parents.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.