Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,641 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

My Sister's Image Was Selected For Coventry's London Campus Advert. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Sister's Image Was Selected For Coventry's London Campus Advert. (31499 Views)

160,000 For 16 Students(selected Names) / Top 15 Most Selected Courses By Students In JAMB UTME 2017 / Nigerians Selected For 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sister's Image Was Selected For Coventry's London Campus Advert. by houstonia(m): 9:39pm On Oct 05, 2016
Early this year My lil sister (Nwachukwu Chinwe ) a first-class graduate of AUN , (currently in the UK, Coventry University precisely for an MBA) was nominated amongst other British and European students to audition for a photoshoot which was to be used as the official CU London Campus poster.

She woke up this morning only to find out the poster was out and her face was selected. She has been so surprised as she wasn't expecting to be selected not just because she's black but because she's Nigerian without any British affiliation lol. I guess favoritism isn't as pronounced in the UK as it is in Nigeria.

87 Likes 16 Shares

Re: My Sister's Image Was Selected For Coventry's London Campus Advert. by amheena: 9:50pm On Oct 05, 2016
What a wonderful feeling for her..some r just born to be lucky...congrats

62 Likes

Re: My Sister's Image Was Selected For Coventry's London Campus Advert. by odiereke(m): 9:54pm On Oct 05, 2016
Congratulation to her.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister's Image Was Selected For Coventry's London Campus Advert. by finalboss1(m): 9:59pm On Oct 05, 2016
nice one ...and she fine o...

8 Likes

Re: My Sister's Image Was Selected For Coventry's London Campus Advert. by EHMIR(m): 10:03pm On Oct 05, 2016
Reporting live for NCA,middle east zonal office,jordan.

The ever hard working ugwu exporters are good at other things apart frm smuggling drugsgrin

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister's Image Was Selected For Coventry's London Campus Advert. by emmanwandud(m): 11:09pm On Oct 05, 2016
Alumni conventary

5 Likes

Re: My Sister's Image Was Selected For Coventry's London Campus Advert. by mikool007(m): 11:40pm On Oct 05, 2016
Congrats to her
Re: My Sister's Image Was Selected For Coventry's London Campus Advert. by DeKen: 11:44pm On Oct 05, 2016
Congrats.
Re: My Sister's Image Was Selected For Coventry's London Campus Advert. by kingofthejungle(m): 11:56pm On Oct 05, 2016
ncan go soon arrive

3 Likes

Re: My Sister's Image Was Selected For Coventry's London Campus Advert. by DozieInc(m): 12:49am On Oct 06, 2016
Pretty lady, good for her .
Re: My Sister's Image Was Selected For Coventry's London Campus Advert. by Nobody: 2:50am On Oct 06, 2016
OP can you send me your sister's number, we got to talk embarassed

16 Likes

Re: My Sister's Image Was Selected For Coventry's London Campus Advert. by Nobody: 5:01am On Oct 06, 2016
another positive vibe from us. Keep it up..

6 Likes

Re: My Sister's Image Was Selected For Coventry's London Campus Advert. by metallisc(m): 5:34am On Oct 06, 2016
houstonia:
Early this year My lil sister (Nwachukwu Chinwe ) a first-class graduate of AUN , (currently in the UK, Coventry University precisely for an MBA) was nominated amongst other British and European students to audition for a photoshoot which was to be used as the official CU London Campus poster.

She woke up this morning only to find out the poster was out and her face was selected. She has been so surprised as she wasn't expecting to be selected not just because she's black but because she's Nigerian without any British affiliation lol. I guess favoritism isn't as pronounced in the UK as it is in Nigeria.

abeg which side she dey stay, make i find am go that side... i wan start soft work before she go join bad gang! grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister's Image Was Selected For Coventry's London Campus Advert. by angelTI(f): 5:38am On Oct 06, 2016
Nice one and a beautiful lady
Re: My Sister's Image Was Selected For Coventry's London Campus Advert. by olymurphy(f): 6:19am On Oct 06, 2016
Congratulations to her

Igbos making us proud wink grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister's Image Was Selected For Coventry's London Campus Advert. by Allwility: 6:50am On Oct 06, 2016
I like the red jacket.

5 Likes

Re: My Sister's Image Was Selected For Coventry's London Campus Advert. by halimi26: 7:01am On Oct 06, 2016
houstonia:

She woke up this morning only to find out the poster was out and her face was selected. She has been so surprised as she wasn't expecting to be selected not just because she's black but because she's Nigerian without any British affiliation lol. I guess favoritism isn't as pronounced in the UK as it is in Nigeria
The university is trying to portray itself as a multi-cultural institution and attract foreign students which will mean more funds in their pockets.Am c.ocksure she didnt get paid for her photo being used for the ad.Nothing to celebrate here.Your sister is merely a pawn

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Sister's Image Was Selected For Coventry's London Campus Advert. by Twizzy30(m): 7:08am On Oct 06, 2016
Good thing. Hater alert at d biitch up

3 Likes

Re: My Sister's Image Was Selected For Coventry's London Campus Advert. by hpk(m): 7:15am On Oct 06, 2016
halimi26:
The university is trying to portray itself as a multi-cultural institution and attract foreign students which will mean more funds in their pockets.Am c.ocksure she didnt get paid for her photo being used for the ad.Nothing to celebrate here.Your sister is merely a pawn
I see where you are coming from, you have a point. It's a milestone for the op and his kindred, nothing bad if she is celebrated or even given a chieftain title.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Sister's Image Was Selected For Coventry's London Campus Advert. by halimi26: 7:20am On Oct 06, 2016
hpk:
I see where you are coming from, you have a point. It's a milestone for the op and his kindred, nothing bad if she is celebrated or even given a chieftain title.
Alright.I also get your point

3 Likes

Re: My Sister's Image Was Selected For Coventry's London Campus Advert. by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 06, 2016
houstonia:

Bro go and yank off that phone booth from that spot and send it back to Nigeria before they replace her pix with another advert but before you do that, give me her mobile number. I need to jump inside that booth and give her a ring for something very important.

Well done to your sister. Have you sent this pix to Linda. She might help you to reach your village people. Try and reach her if you haven't.

6 Likes

Re: My Sister's Image Was Selected For Coventry's London Campus Advert. by FrankNetter(m): 8:07am On Oct 06, 2016
Of course, she has to be Igbo. Igbo girls amaka!
halimi26:

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Sister's Image Was Selected For Coventry's London Campus Advert. by Nobody: 8:13am On Oct 06, 2016
halimi26:

I totally agree with you!

6 Likes

Re: My Sister's Image Was Selected For Coventry's London Campus Advert. by 1x2x3: 8:25am On Oct 06, 2016
halimi26:

I'm 100% sure you will celebrate if any of our local polytechnic use your face as a so called pawn........you certainly don't know where that advert alone can lead her to.

Stop hating besides she didn't go for the auditioning expecting to be paid.

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Sister's Image Was Selected For Coventry's London Campus Advert. by TrollTrap: 8:35am On Oct 06, 2016
Lol some people on here being salty....it's still a nice feeling to have your face on a poster (positively o,lol)

4 Likes

Re: My Sister's Image Was Selected For Coventry's London Campus Advert. by Trillyonaire: 9:10am On Oct 06, 2016
This one too na news

The people need to show "diversity" so more Africans can come spend their Forex there cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister's Image Was Selected For Coventry's London Campus Advert. by Dshocker(m): 9:10am On Oct 06, 2016
houstonia:

If it were in Nigeria,you either know someone that knows someone

5 Likes

Re: My Sister's Image Was Selected For Coventry's London Campus Advert. by geostrata(m): 9:11am On Oct 06, 2016
grin

She's Preety........if its in Nigeria now, They would have used the VC's daughter or zoned in to APC chairman's daughter, but the President might even want his picture to be used! or is it not in Nigeria a governor used his pic on bag of rice angry angry angry

Imaging if its a Nigeria that own's Facebook, He would have used is picture as Facebook Logo lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister's Image Was Selected For Coventry's London Campus Advert. by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 06, 2016
Your sister resemble one girl I been tidy that year

3 Likes

Re: My Sister's Image Was Selected For Coventry's London Campus Advert. by Mikylopez(f): 9:11am On Oct 06, 2016
aiiit we are really happy for her ☺

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Image Was Selected For Coventry's London Campus Advert. by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:11am On Oct 06, 2016
I Rep AUN

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2015 UTME: 11 Most Sought After Universities In Nigeria / Two Chibok Girls Graduate From US High School / Where Are The Dullards In Your Class?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.