Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

"APC Will Expose PDP In Court" - Oshiomhole Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "APC Will Expose PDP In Court" - Oshiomhole Says (11120 Views)

Prince Odi Okojie Resigns From PDP In Edo (See Resignation Letter) / I Can’t Wait To Meet Ize-iyamu In Court – Oshiomhole / I Will Defeat Okowa In Delta – Edo State Governor, Oshiomhole Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"APC Will Expose PDP In Court" - Oshiomhole Says by ijustdey: 1:05am On Oct 06, 2016
Alexander Okere and Tony Okafor

The Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole, has said that the All Progressives Congress will lead evidence at the election petitions tribunal to show how the Peoples Democratic Party allegedly benefited from an electoral fraud during last Wednesday’s governorship poll conducted in the state.

Oshiomhole noted that, contrary to claims by the PDP that its candidate, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, was allegedly denied victory in the election, he (Ize-Iyamu) “is not worth 50,000 votes”.

The governor spoke while addressing some APC youths during a road show held from Five Junction to Dawson Road, shortly after a visit to the crown prince of Benin Kingdom, His Royal Highness Eheneden Erediauwa.

The state chapter of the PDP had on Monday vowed to challenge the outcome of the poll at the election petitions tribunal.

But Oshiomhole said, “We encourage our opponents to go to court. We will be able to lead evidence to show how much they profited from electoral fraud because the Ize-Iyamu that I know is not worth 50,000 votes.

“So, it is like an armed robber rushing to a police station with bullet wounds and claiming that he has been shot, whereas he is the one who opened fire on very innocent people. We will expose them where it matters in our courtrooms.”

While expressing satisfaction with the performance of the APC in the September 28 election, he stated that the victory of the party signalled the final political “funeral” of the godfathers in the PDP.

The governor, whose tenure will end on November 12, noted that he would want to be remembered not only for the development of infrastructure but also for liberalising the political space, so that the youths could take charge of their destiny.

Oshiomhole said, “My message to them is, whether it is Igbinedion, (Tony) Anenih or (Tom) Ikimi, it is not me.

“It is God who knows their sin against our people that decided to recall their political lives. He has only used us to cement it and to celebrate their political funeral.”
Meanwhile, Obaseki has promised to run an all-inclusive government.

Obaseki spoke when he received the state chapter of the National Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs on Wednesday in Benin City, the state capital.

He explained that he was mindful of the different tribes and religions in the state and would ensure that all of them had a sense of belonging during his administration.

The governor-elect said, “I want to assure you that the type of administration that I want to run in Edo State is one that will be all-inclusive, so that people will feel that they are part of the state, irrespective of religion and tribe, because we are one Edo State and there is strength in our unity.
“I want to thank you and assure you that I will be there for you.”

Obaseki also commended the Islamic council for their support before and during the election.

He added, “I am overwhelmed for several reasons because you are the first set of people who have come to congratulate me.

“For me, it is significant because you men of God prayed for me and today, there is something to celebrate.”

Earlier, the state Chairman of the council, Alhaji Yusuf Bako, urged the governor-elect to be resolute in achieving his objectives and to be accessible to the citizens of the state.

Bako, who was accompanied by a leader of the Federation of Muslim Women’s Associations in Nigeria, Alhaja Aminatu Moti, said, “We are glad that you are a peaceful man and we Muslims are also peaceful. Be resolute. Be dogged and accessible, and the sky will be your limit.”

http://punchng.com/apc-will-expose-pdp-court-says-oshiomhole/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "APC Will Expose PDP In Court" - Oshiomhole Says by Nobody: 1:19am On Oct 06, 2016
Everyone can expose themselves

2 Likes

Re: "APC Will Expose PDP In Court" - Oshiomhole Says by hisgrace090: 1:22am On Oct 06, 2016
Good move!

1 Like

Re: "APC Will Expose PDP In Court" - Oshiomhole Says by NextGovernor(m): 2:56am On Oct 06, 2016
Oshiomole always saying trash.. He claim to have diminish the canals and Godfatherism and tiday he is the new Godfather. Always deceiving people.

It's a pity the pioneer of one man one vote spearheaded the barstardization of free and fair election and the upturn the peoples will. He did it in Local government election organised by him and repeated it again.

Due to the nature of our politicians, I just hope the Obaseki he is fighting dirty for wouldn't betray him and align with the forces against him.. Just like Kwakwaso and the new Kano governor.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "APC Will Expose PDP In Court" - Oshiomhole Says by WATCHOVER(m): 3:21am On Oct 06, 2016
Stupid ex-governor

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "APC Will Expose PDP In Court" - Oshiomhole Says by odogwubiafra: 3:21am On Oct 06, 2016
What is the difference between ...Ole and Liar?
Re: "APC Will Expose PDP In Court" - Oshiomhole Says by TPAND(f): 5:58am On Oct 06, 2016
Osho baba is becoming a Godfather in Edo politics. We know you guys will still win at the Tribunal. The man you people cliam has integrity, is our president, what do we expect. He has put fear in our judges, rubbished our judicial system and flouted our constitutional laws.

The electoral reforms of the one you claim is responsible for the woes of Nigeria in her 56years history, that brought the so called man on a mission and a chief maker of excuse, is now being bastardize and tossed into the bin.

The world witnessed the show of shame at the Edo polls, international observers wrote disparaging remarks about the rigging and conduct of INEC, at the polls. Edo people under their born-throway son called Oshiomole were robbed in daylight.

10 Likes

Re: "APC Will Expose PDP In Court" - Oshiomhole Says by Smellymouth: 5:59am On Oct 06, 2016
"..The Ize-Iyamu that I know is not worth 50,000 votes..."

==> Oshiomole, 2016..

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4321419_img20160915144847edit_jpeg76d7020463a515f9d262409033789404

13 Likes

Re: "APC Will Expose PDP In Court" - Oshiomhole Says by iceberryose(m): 8:00am On Oct 06, 2016
Nobody is exposing anyone You're all thieves

4 Likes

Re: "APC Will Expose PDP In Court" - Oshiomhole Says by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:01am On Oct 06, 2016
Politricks
Re: "APC Will Expose PDP In Court" - Oshiomhole Says by davodyguy: 8:02am On Oct 06, 2016
PDP just cant accept defeat.

Im sure they want to ride on that dead horse being that Edo State is part of SS and PDP controls the SS states.

If i can recall also, PDP won Edo State in the Presidential Election. This and the former would be the leverage PDP wants to build on for their case.

What they've failed to realise is that the Governorship election is a different ballgame. It's sometimes controlled from the center case of (Ekiti Fayemi VS Fayose) and from the incumbent sometimes like we had in Osun (Aregbe vs Omisore)

In Bayelsa, it was Incumbent that defeated the federal might. In Edo, its same scenario. i.e Incumbent+federal might defeating the new comer.

That's how politics is played in Nigeria. You win some, you lose some

Lobatan

6 Likes

Re: "APC Will Expose PDP In Court" - Oshiomhole Says by yungcyrus(m): 8:02am On Oct 06, 2016
Hmmm!

meanwhile give Lara belle first..

Dear Osho

4 Likes

Re: "APC Will Expose PDP In Court" - Oshiomhole Says by Timoleon(m): 8:02am On Oct 06, 2016
It does amaze me when people view the results after elections. They always conclude that only the winner rigged the polls...however, from my past experience, the best election rigger wins. For the sake of our democracy and our justice system, i hope pdp can bring out credible evidence to challenge obaseki's victory. I also hope the the courts will be fair in its hearing and judgement. Personally, i do believe apc just had a better game plan, both parties(apc and pdp) had their rigging strategies, one was better and won at it. I am watching as it all unfolds though.

1 Like

Re: "APC Will Expose PDP In Court" - Oshiomhole Says by yanabasee(m): 8:02am On Oct 06, 2016
Jesu...!!! APC can mislead eh... Which electoral fraud?
The only electoral fraud that I witnessed at the polling centres was APC luring Edoites with 2k to vote for its candidate.... Oshiomole had it all planned out and mapped.....

Also....
This is another misleading statement... He had said before now that he will never appoint any PDP member in his cabinet and yet claim he'd run an all-inclusive government... How will this be possible when all you'll do is neglect the potentiality of most offices due to party affiliation...?
The governor-elect said, “I want to assure you that the type of administration that I want to run in Edo State is one that will be all-inclusive, so that people will feel that they are part of the state, irrespective of religion and tribe, because we are one Edo State and there is strength in our unity.

1 Like

Re: "APC Will Expose PDP In Court" - Oshiomhole Says by Akinwerndey: 8:02am On Oct 06, 2016
The wowo Oracle is speaking....
Re: "APC Will Expose PDP In Court" - Oshiomhole Says by Young03(m): 8:03am On Oct 06, 2016
diarrhea mouth

e don do
Re: "APC Will Expose PDP In Court" - Oshiomhole Says by Slymonster(m): 8:03am On Oct 06, 2016
don't mind pdp...lol
Re: "APC Will Expose PDP In Court" - Oshiomhole Says by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 06, 2016
NextGovernor:
Oshiomole always saying trash.. He claim to have diminish the canals and Godfatherism and tiday he is the new Godfather. Always deceiving people.

It's a pity the pioneer of one man one vote spearheaded the barstardization of free and fair election and the upturn the peoples will. He did it in Local government election organised by him and repeated it again.

Due to the nature of our politicians, I just hope the Obaseki he is fighting dirty for wouldn't betray him and align with the forces against him.. Just like Kwakwaso and the new Kano governor.
repent, Mr. Wailer
Re: "APC Will Expose PDP In Court" - Oshiomhole Says by Opinedecandid(m): 8:04am On Oct 06, 2016
Una large 'mouthedness' is legendary.

Oshiomhole and his party.
Re: "APC Will Expose PDP In Court" - Oshiomhole Says by martineverest(m): 8:04am On Oct 06, 2016
my dear outgoing gov,

pls and pls,stop stooping too low for pdp by arguing with them.they are dead and buried.

Thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "APC Will Expose PDP In Court" - Oshiomhole Says by IamPatriotic(m): 8:07am On Oct 06, 2016
criminals everywhere you go, Buhari is the criminal in chief, with him in Aso Rock, RIP social justice and equity.

2 Likes

Re: "APC Will Expose PDP In Court" - Oshiomhole Says by davodyguy: 8:09am On Oct 06, 2016
NextGovernor:

Rubbish talk.

Osunbor of PDP took over from Lucky Igbenedion in 2007, only for him to be sacked by the court, paving way for Oshiomole to become Governor in 2008.

Who started rigging in Nigeria?

You kids of these days, forget history so so soon embarassed angry sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "APC Will Expose PDP In Court" - Oshiomhole Says by Kebabs(m): 8:10am On Oct 06, 2016
Career politicians have always hoodwinked Nigerians from the days of homo-erectus. They (apc, pdp, and any other party) are all thieves. Wolves in sheep clothing who only wail when they are trailing others.
I wonder when it has become do or die to impose a leader on people, i thought people selected their own leaders. Shame on O-loshom-ole, shame on apc, shame on pdp, shame, shame, shame!!!
Re: "APC Will Expose PDP In Court" - Oshiomhole Says by davodyguy: 8:10am On Oct 06, 2016
IamPatriotic:
criminals everywhere you go, Buhari is the criminal in chief, with him in Aso Rock, RIP social justice and equity.

Pathetic. When Ekiti election was rigged by the collaborative efforts of Jonathan+Fayose+Obanikoro+ Army+ DSS no issue right?

SMH at you pathetic wailer

1 Like

Re: "APC Will Expose PDP In Court" - Oshiomhole Says by yekparikpa(m): 8:11am On Oct 06, 2016
I'll be alive to witness the time Obaseki would turn his back on his predecessor Oshiomole. It's the normal practice in Nigeria!
Re: "APC Will Expose PDP In Court" - Oshiomhole Says by holuwatobhy(m): 8:11am On Oct 06, 2016
yungcyrus:
Hmmm!

meanwhile give Lara belle first..

Dear Osho

Re: "APC Will Expose PDP In Court" - Oshiomhole Says by eph12(m): 8:12am On Oct 06, 2016
Let them all go and expose themselves. This will be good for our politics
Re: "APC Will Expose PDP In Court" - Oshiomhole Says by shaddoww: 8:12am On Oct 06, 2016
Oshiomole really feeling on top of the world now.
Re: "APC Will Expose PDP In Court" - Oshiomhole Says by mulattoclaroo(m): 8:17am On Oct 06, 2016
martineverest:
my dear outgoing gov,

pls and pls,stop stooping too low for pdp by arguing with them.they are dead and buried.

Thanks
PDP is a dead and buried party in Edo state. We dont want to be taken back to Egypt. During Lucky Igbinedion's there was nothing to show for good 8yrs.

4 Likes

Re: "APC Will Expose PDP In Court" - Oshiomhole Says by mulattoclaroo(m): 8:17am On Oct 06, 2016
Pls Osho Baba expose them. We dont want criminals in our state anymore.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jigawa Passes ‘No HIV Test, No Marriage’ Bill Into Law / Court Frees Waripamo-Owei Dudafa & Joseph Iwuejo, Jonathan’s Ex-aide, Banker / Aregbesola: I Won’t Resign Over Frequent Jailbreaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.