Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,596 members, 7,958,830 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:25 AM

Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns (76194 Views)

Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! / 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Shave Off Your Pubic Hair. / Sexually Active Nigerians Should Take HPV Vaccine- Expert Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by calabardick(m): 9:35pm On Oct 06, 2016
Here we go again

Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by player007(m): 10:06pm On Oct 06, 2016
Osmondinho:
Contrary to well acclaimed hygienic practice, a medical expert has warned of the dangers in completely shaving the pubic hair. Dr Arikawe Adeolu, an Abuja-based medical expert, advised that it is safer to trim the hair rather than shaving it off completely. He said that complete shaving of the hair could cause infection.

Adeolu told our correspondent on Tuesday that shaving or waxing of the hair around the pubic could cause cracks and expose the skin to bacterial infection.

He added that the pubic hair served a major purpose of providing some level of cushioning for the individual, especially during sexual activity, preventing the skin from rubbing against another and causing abrasion.

He explained that if the skin around the pubic region was completely shaved and the individual’s skin came into contact with another person’s skin, friction would be increased due to the skin to skin contact.

He advised that individuals who were worried about the lack of hygiene due to untended pubic hair should consider trimming rather than complete shaving or waxing of the hair.

“When you completely shave the pubic hair, it re-grows in a slanted fashion with the tip sometimes growing into the pubic skin, which can crack open the skin.

“It is usually a small crack which cannot be seen with the naked eyes but due to this crack and loss of integrity of the skin at that level, there is increased risk of getting infection.

“Complete shaving can also cause boil to develop in that region. This is because when you shave, you cause some level of abrasion in the area which opens up the skin.
“These small openings cannot be seen with the eye but they are big enough for the micro organisms to get into the body.

“Also, because the pubic area is always moist, this serves as breeding ground for organisms like bacteria.”
Adeolu said that trimming the pubic hair would also help to reduce the risk of contacting Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI), which could also be contacted when fluid from an infected partner’s Instruments came into contact with the pubic area.

According to him, if the partner is already infected, the virus in the semen or body fluid can easily penetrate the skin of the other to infect the individual.

He said that this infection was mostly caused by a virus known as ‘Molluscum contagiosum’, adding that there had been significant increase in incidences of such infection in hospitals.

“It is a viral infection that is also categorised as an STI. It affects the skin and does not need treatment; usually after a couple of weeks or months, the symptoms go away by themselves.

“You also have an increased risk of contacting other STIs such as HIV, Hepatitis, genital warts by complete shaving of the pubic hair,’’ Adeolu said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/must-stop-shaving-pubic-hair-expert-warns/
I don't really believe the friction thing jare. when its not a grinding stone. Besides I prefer 'IT' bald. don't want to be using toothpick to remove hair from my teeth after going down on her.
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by Tolubory(m): 10:27pm On Oct 06, 2016
Osmondinho:

lol....its experts not expect
No mind me Jaré
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by HERSLEY(f): 10:28pm On Oct 06, 2016
elsomm:

Ah jus dey look u.

Some dey ur eyes

Hersley reminds me of Hershey Snatch
hmmmmm cool
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by Oladigun(m): 10:59pm On Oct 06, 2016
This is true o, I'm also a culprit but to prevent infection I usually apply methyl spirit after shaving this sensitive part. I think that also help.
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by DonMekino(m): 10:59pm On Oct 06, 2016
Girls with hairy armpit and shaved eye brows...what's ur plan..shifting cultivation..abi mono cropping?

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by dazzlingchick886(f): 11:11pm On Oct 06, 2016
Vickiweezy:
shocked I ain't shaving my xx bald again. Its low-cut from now on. Or maybe I go run dread. cool

Hahahahaha haha haha...u harsh o.

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by liciouspee(f): 11:57pm On Oct 06, 2016
Yep, the doc is quite right. I do react to shaving down there so I just trim. Like u know give it a nice low cut. Stopped shaving ages ago, mum who's a medical personnel advised me against shaving since I get bumps. So ride on doctor (even tho I don't know u)
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by musulumi(m): 6:00am On Oct 07, 2016
Like seriously ? Oya DM me now.

HERSLEY:
wow come gimme some
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by Nobody: 6:40am On Oct 07, 2016
Me, I'm old school. It's like the 60's down there everyday grin

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by Osmondinho(m): 6:41am On Oct 07, 2016
Vanillaskin:
Me, I'm old school. It's like the 60's down there everyday grin

hmmmmm cutie cutie
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by millhouse: 7:14am On Oct 07, 2016
Team Clean Shave jare...
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 07, 2016
undecided
vectoh:
wat a great dlight to help u scratch! grin grin grin
undecided
vectoh:
wat a great dlight to help u scratch! grin grin grin
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by HERSLEY(f): 9:46am On Oct 07, 2016
musulumi:

Like seriously ? Oya DM me now.

lipsrsealed
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by boynigeria(m): 12:12pm On Oct 07, 2016
reminiscing:
why are u now announcing it?
why are u so concerned
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 07, 2016
boynigeria:
why are u so concerned
I dunnogrin
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by boynigeria(m): 12:21pm On Oct 07, 2016
reminiscing:
I dunnogrin
with good shave comes great confidence
announcement is a projection of that confidence
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by Joe4real1988(m): 12:36pm On Oct 07, 2016
musulumi:
How will someone now suck......for us who take great delights in mouth actions. ??
See as u dey play 'ludo' wit ur life....wat a pity!!!! U min u still suck/lick in dis infection ere? Anyway, sumtyn mst kill a man bt sum ar avoidable
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by musulumi(m): 1:40pm On Oct 07, 2016
ONE THING SHALL SURELY KILL A MAN ......GO ASK THEM FOR BORNO STATE.

Joe4real1988:
See as u dey play 'ludo' wit ur life....wat a pity!!!! U min u still suck/lick in dis infection ere? Anyway, sumtyn mst kill a man bt sum ar avoidable
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by seangy4konji: 4:44pm On Oct 07, 2016
Well I don't have sex with a girl who shaves off completely. Big turn off. If you leave it very hairy then I might marry you
Joe4real1988:

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by Olufemiolaolu(m): 8:31pm On Oct 07, 2016
olutosfem:
Trimming far better than shaving
U must be a Bushy babe cheesy
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by Flexherbal(m): 5:51am On Oct 08, 2016
Mimidiva:
little bushy is sexy, but under must be shaved na, if not it can cause bruises jare
I feel you!
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by Ade3000yrs(m): 11:53pm On Nov 05, 2016
good
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by DrMustafa(m): 12:16am On Nov 06, 2016
Nice post dr. I shaved mine abt a week nw and its very itchy nd also numerous boi lyk kip appearin very disgusting. Though its my 1st tym of havn it done completely. I hope it'l gt bk 2 hw it ws or do i nid 2c a doc 4 it? Nid ur candid advise pls...
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by liciouspee(f): 7:40pm On Nov 06, 2016
DrMustafa:
Nice post dr. I shaved mine abt a week nw and its very itchy nd also numerous boi lyk kip appearin very disgusting. Though its my 1st tym of havn it done completely. I hope it'l gt bk 2 hw it ws or do i nid 2c a doc 4 it? Nid ur candid advise pls...

Hi, am no doctor or in d medical field but I too had same reactions n my mum(whose a nurse) advised that I don't worry cus it will disappear with time but warned strongly against shaving. According to her I react to metallic objects on such sensitive parts n recommended trimming instead of a complete shave.
I guess u try same and see how it goes. Good luck
Re: Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns by sagitariusbaby(m): 4:03pm On Nov 22, 2016
Cherishing:

And who asked if you when last you had one.

See dis aproko

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 STDs You Can Get While Wearing A Condom (Disturbing Photos) / Woman In "Mummy Calm Down" Video Commits Suicide In Benin- Sammydo214 / Man Cries Out On Seeing The Truck That Supplies His Compound With Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.