Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

How To Get Radio On Phone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Get Radio On Phone (3492 Views)

Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports / Get FM Radio On Your Android Phone / Free Kjv Bible Download On Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Get Radio On Phone by nazzyon(m): 9:43pm On Jan 19, 2007
Neotony,

You don't need to blab. Check my forum, though it is new but you can get what you want okay. Right now the world has gone beyond 3.5. Other countries are talking about WiMAX  & 4G.

When you talk of technology in Nigeria, it is kind of slow but we have to hope for something better and work towards it. And tralking of VoIP, it is a dream which will come through someday.

The reason why I brought the idea of 3G was because it relates to what Tokuns needed. And I see nothing bad in it.

You don't need to criticise, it bettter if you can educate people about anything you think they should no about.

[size=15pt]No hard feelings.[/size]

If you have anything to talk about catch me on MSN Messenger: tookool47@hotmail.com

Ciao
Re: How To Get Radio On Phone by 4peace(m): 4:22am On Jan 20, 2007
guys pls i want to know how old is 3G,3.5G,4G
how many africa,europe,asia,americas country network provider operate it.
Neoteny and nazzyon pls educate us more
Re: How To Get Radio On Phone by nazzyon(m): 8:28am On Jan 20, 2007
Here is a link which explains about the 3G and some other up coming Mobile technology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3G

3.5G

When you think of 3.5G, think of HSDPA High-Speed Downlink Packet Access. HSDPA is basically the secret weapon for its blazingly fast transfer speeds over those of 3G.

We will get to know exactly what 3.5G can offer in terms of bandwidth and users and media will be offered a more impressive range of services which will leave 3G in the dust.

The 3.5G solution promises a data download speed of up to 14Mbps (megabits per second) and an upload speed of up to 1.8Mbps. Compared to that, the mere 384Kbps (kilobits per second) download, and uploads up to 64Kbps that a 3G network now offers are somewhat of a bad joke. Just to point out exactly the bandwidth difference between the two, let's take a 1MB MP3 file and send it over a 3G network. It would reach its destination in 22.4 seconds. The same file, sent over 3.5G would be received in 4.1 seconds. This will mean improvements in mobile voice telephony, video telephony, mobile TV, mobile broadband to laptops, and fixed-broadband services.

3.5G relies on the new High-Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA) protocol which is basically its secret weapon for its blazingly fast transfer speeds over those of 3G.

Apart from making calls, this "3.5G" technology will let people go online with phones or PDAs that support it. Laptop users can slot in an add-on card to surf the Net.
WiBro: Wireless Broadband is also an example of the 3.5G. It aims to offer subscribers a true 50 Mbit/s high speed wireless Internet connection. Plus it will work even when you're traveling at speeds up to 60 Kph. And it works at 2.3 GHz - which is exactly where stuff like Bluetooth and Wi-Fi sit at the moment.

4G
From Wikipedia

4G (or 4-G) is short for fourth-generation cellular communication system. There is no set definition to what 4G is, however the features that are predicted for 4G can be summarized in a single sentence.
The 4G will be a fully IP-based integrated system of systems and network of networks achieved after the convergence of wired and wireless networks as well as computer, consumer electronics, communication technology, and several other convergences that will be capable of providing 100 Mbps and 1Gbps, respectively, in outdoor and indoor environments with end-to-end QoS and high security, offering any kind of services anytime, anywhere, at affordable cost and one billing.
The WWRF (Wireless World Research Forum) defines 4G as a network that operates on Internet technology, combines it with other applications and technologies such as Wi-Fi and WiMAX, and runs at speeds ranging from 100 Mbps (in cell-phone networks) to 1 Gbps (in local Wi-Fi networks). 4G is not just one defined technology or standard, but rather a collection of technologies and protocols to enable the highest throughput, lowest cost wireless network possible. The official designation from the IEEE for 4G is Beyond 3G.
Objectives

To cater the quality of service and rate requirements set by the forthcoming applications like wireless broadband access, Multimedia Messaging Service, video chat, mobile TV, High definition TV content, DVB and minimal service like voice and data at anytime and anywhere, the 4G working groups have defined the following as the objectives of the 4G wireless communication standard
• Spectrally efficient system (in bits/s/Hz and bit/s/Hz/site)
• High network capacity
• Nominal data rate of 100 Mbps at high speeds and 1 Gbps at stationary conditions as defined by the ITU-R
• Data rate of at least 100 Mbps between any two points in the world
• Smooth handoff across heterogeneous network
• Seamless connectivity and global roaming across multiple networks
• High quality of service for next generation multimedia support (real time audio, high speed data, HDTV video content, mobile TV, etc)
• Interoperable with the existing wireless standards
• All IP system, packet switched network
In summary, the 4G system should dynamically share and utilise the network resource to meet the minimal requirements of all the 4G enabled users.
Re: How To Get Radio On Phone by 4peace(m): 5:18pm On Jan 20, 2007
Thanks but what about how old is 3G,3.5G,4G
and how many africa,europe,asia,americas country network provider operate it.
Re: How To Get Radio On Phone by phonecrazy: 4:01pm On Jan 21, 2007
sagem 401x brand new phone. just got it. has bluetooth. good price too
Re: How To Get Radio On Phone by tokuns(m): 9:17pm On Jan 21, 2007
cheesy nice lecture nazzyon, keep it up.
Re: How To Get Radio On Phone by Neoteny(m): 3:30pm On Jan 22, 2007
@nazzyon
kudos for a great lifting job, and i fail to see the reason for the barb ie when you said i didnt need to blab, but interestingly you blabbed more than i did.  grin
i only pointed out that it doesnt make much sense you talking of 3g in such glowing terms when lil old gprs is yet to really kick off here in naija. if you were talking of 3g for academic reasons well thats all fine and dandy, but you sounded like you were selling the technology and i said i cant see it coming into naija anytime soon seeing as how the telcosarent making money out of gprs, and it costs more to set up 3g. maybe we should look forward to EDGE IF gprs succeeds, but not 3g. the telcos are in no hurry to introduce any randompiece of technology for trend's sake; rather they're init for money so why spend alot bringing in something given its older version isnt entirely successful? doesnt make much commercial sense, and that was my point, not challenging your wikipedia-fed knowledge.
Re: How To Get Radio On Phone by Kaybaba5(m): 8:23am On Feb 06, 2007
hi guys,i downloaded radio bee into my motorola L6 mp3 phone but when i play it,i will not hear anything .somebody should help me

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pokemon Go: Only For The Brave In Lagos / Get 2GB Data Bundle With N1000 On Mtn, See How / What's Snapdragon? And What's It Usefulness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.