Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,671 members, 7,813,236 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

NYSC Slashing Number Of PCM From Each Tertiary Institutions - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Slashing Number Of PCM From Each Tertiary Institutions (33477 Views)

BREAKING: NYSC Reverses The Slashing Of PCM / House Of Reps Reacts To NYSC Slashing - Good News! / NANS Finally Reacts To NYSC Slashing Number Of Graduands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Slashing Number Of PCM From Each Tertiary Institutions by LuvU2: 3:23pm On Oct 10, 2016
What a pity Feelin for my friends right nw
Re: NYSC Slashing Number Of PCM From Each Tertiary Institutions by wink2015(m): 3:23pm On Oct 10, 2016
[b]Given the poor state of the nation finance resulting from the shortfall in the price of Petroleum resources in the international market, It is clear the Federal Government of Nigeria can no longer fund the National Youth Service Corp Program ( NYSC)

The idea of balloting graduates that are to go for the NYSC program is not bad because of the circumstances the country find itself.

Corruption is at the bane of Nigeria's problem as past and present leaders ran our finances aground and never saved for the raining days.

Be it as it may, I would suggest that some of our viable states should key into the NYSC program and try to establish such a program in their own states so long as they can fund the NYSC.

I think rich states like Delta state, Rivers states, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers, Bayelsa, Anambra, Kaduna state, Kano state, Lagos state, Ogun state, Ondo state etc should be able to run their own NYSC program. When I say their own NYSC program, I mean it is exclusive to their own indigene.

For example, a rich state like Delta state could establish their NYSC program made up of the states indigene who graduated from tertiary institution. That is youth corpers from Delta North can be posted to Delta Central or Delta south to serve and the state government pay them allowances. Many youth corpers who were posted to serve in the north, west, east, south have not even crisscross the towns in their states only to be thrown into a remote northern states for one year to serve the country.

Rather than the federal government carry all the burden alone, state government can key into the program and do it within their own states.States in Nigeria can even partner with other states and run the program by exchanging each other graduates.

This does not stop the federal government of continuing with the NYSC program within their own financial strength.

It is high time our leaders think outside the box and try to brainstorm on ways to bring progress to Nigeria.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Slashing Number Of PCM From Each Tertiary Institutions by IgbosAreCrimina: 3:28pm On Oct 10, 2016
Tell that to the Avengerz that spoiling the nations pipeline..To you SE/SS that are happy about the activity of NDAs, who he pain most. I'll keep on saying SEesterners are the people spoiling this nation . My prayer is that it should affect you most. Una Neva See something ,Keep wishing Buharis downfall. angry
Re: NYSC Slashing Number Of PCM From Each Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 10, 2016
Na God hand we dy o
Waiting to serve after one year and plenty months is not funny at all
Re: NYSC Slashing Number Of PCM From Each Tertiary Institutions by Wininno(m): 3:30pm On Oct 10, 2016
grownaira:
Na wa ooo.

Meanwhile, you can contact us for your good quality soyacake and groundnut cake
Hahahahaha. You ar not serious. grin
grownaira:
Na wa ooo.

Meanwhile, you can contact us for your good quality soyacake and groundnut cake
Hahahahaha. You ar not serious.
Re: NYSC Slashing Number Of PCM From Each Tertiary Institutions by vectoh(m): 3:31pm On Oct 10, 2016
Pls o...don't we have people that talk and fight on behalf of we students to this silly govt.?...they are playing with people's future here o.
Re: NYSC Slashing Number Of PCM From Each Tertiary Institutions by seamus387(m): 3:33pm On Oct 10, 2016
This is purely nonsense. Labour market keep demanding age 27 and 26 4 job, hw can someone make this age when strike among other like slashing and postponement of NYSC service come join. Nigeria is sick.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Slashing Number Of PCM From Each Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 10, 2016
#[b][/b] SAY NO TO NYSC DEMOBOLIZATION
#EITHER ALL OR NONE
Re: NYSC Slashing Number Of PCM From Each Tertiary Institutions by RosaConsidine: 3:51pm On Oct 10, 2016
Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to just scrap the whole thing?

But, of course, due to vested interests, a scheme that has outlived it's usefulness and is no longer socially relevant would be perpetuated.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Slashing Number Of PCM From Each Tertiary Institutions by Abiola4eva(m): 3:54pm On Oct 10, 2016
What is actually wrong with the government of
this country?....NYSC
should be scrap if they can't fully fund it
anymore nah,abi se na by force to serve ni
sef,make they just leave us to enter favour
market or go for m.sc after our undergraduate
jare....Some lazy a.ss will be like make them kno scrap am oo I must kolet my 19.8k.
Re: NYSC Slashing Number Of PCM From Each Tertiary Institutions by slap1(m): 4:03pm On Oct 10, 2016
snadguy007:
Your school send you message secretly, you carry am con put for nairaland. I shake my head for you.
BTW, i believe you know the reason for the reduction of PCM from each schools, so no need for this drama you put up there

What is the reason? Enlighten me. My friend at NYSC said the money they were given won't be enough, hence the slash.

What other reason do you have?

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Slashing Number Of PCM From Each Tertiary Institutions by slap1(m): 4:06pm On Oct 10, 2016
IgbosAreCrimina:
Tell that to the Avengerz that spoiling the nations pipeline..To you SE/SS that are happy about the activity of NDAs, who he pain most. I'll keep on saying SEesterners are the people spoiling this nation . My prayer is that it should affect you most. Una Neva See something ,Keep wishing Buharis downfall. angry

Unfortunately, bad government will affect the northerners more.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Slashing Number Of PCM From Each Tertiary Institutions by bharkarh(m): 4:10pm On Oct 10, 2016
Olukologia:
Even de NYSc is rubbish! Give som1 certificate after final exa. Instead of wastin person tym for 11 monts
abi 13 months angry

Nov 25, 2015 to Nov 4, 2016 cry
Re: NYSC Slashing Number Of PCM From Each Tertiary Institutions by obontami: 4:10pm On Oct 10, 2016
MissHatey:
They want to ballot our life, time and future cry cry.

Let's just forget this stuff and move on with life please
undecided undecided undecided

Mumunatu cheesy
Re: NYSC Slashing Number Of PCM From Each Tertiary Institutions by otokx(m): 4:11pm On Oct 10, 2016
NYSC should be made optional.
Re: NYSC Slashing Number Of PCM From Each Tertiary Institutions by Omolola1(f): 4:11pm On Oct 10, 2016
Wow, it's really sad
Re: NYSC Slashing Number Of PCM From Each Tertiary Institutions by MXrep: 4:16pm On Oct 10, 2016
all these arrest is just to distract us from the economic poo the country has descended into
Re: NYSC Slashing Number Of PCM From Each Tertiary Institutions by Airoflaw(m): 4:19pm On Oct 10, 2016
that is change for you.lol.it begins with nysc
Re: NYSC Slashing Number Of PCM From Each Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 10, 2016
obontami:
undecided undecided undecided

Mumunatu cheesy
mumurinde undecided
Leave me alonw
Re: NYSC Slashing Number Of PCM From Each Tertiary Institutions by IgbosAreCrimina: 4:27pm On Oct 10, 2016
slap1:

Unfortunately, bad government will affect the northerners more.
Shut the mess up!!! cool,and who told you am a Northerner. You pple are criminal.
Re: NYSC Slashing Number Of PCM From Each Tertiary Institutions by obontami: 4:31pm On Oct 10, 2016
MissHatey:
mumurinde undecided Leave me alonw
mumurinde ??

Mumurinde ??

angry angry angry
Re: NYSC Slashing Number Of PCM From Each Tertiary Institutions by snadguy007(m): 4:35pm On Oct 10, 2016
That's exactly the reason, the government is trying to cut cost from any angle because of the recession. Reducing numbers of PCM is still better than slashing the meagre alawee.
slap1:

What is the reason? Enlighten me. My friend at NYSC said the money they were given won't be enough, hence the slash.

What other reason do you have?
Re: NYSC Slashing Number Of PCM From Each Tertiary Institutions by snadguy007(m): 4:39pm On Oct 10, 2016
Olafisoyem:

Abet where is the drama?? So if a school has 2000 graduands, and Nysc says they can only take 900 the what happens to the rest?? They will never serve?? Or they should sit at home and be looking. Why do people act like they have sense like this
The last time i checked, there is something called batches and streams in Nysc

1 Like

Re: NYSC Slashing Number Of PCM From Each Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 10, 2016
obontami:
mumurinde ??

Mumurinde ??

angry angry angry
mumukunle sad sad angry angry

Is your head paining you undecided
Re: NYSC Slashing Number Of PCM From Each Tertiary Institutions by Nakamura212: 4:44pm On Oct 10, 2016
And when u come to look for job they will give u an age limit ooooo SMH embarassed
Re: NYSC Slashing Number Of PCM From Each Tertiary Institutions by humourandstyle(f): 4:48pm On Oct 10, 2016
i just got information from school that I was affected by this nonsense slashing. I am so pissed right now. only three people were taken from my set. its so annoying.
NYSC is already a waste of a year why do they now want to waste our time again. When its time to apply for job they will now be sayin " Eh egbon, u have to be maximum 26years with 4 years experience" mscheew.

I AM SOOOO PISSSED GOSH!! screw you NYSC

abeg, u guys should check out my blog in your spare time, lemme blow abeg.
https://humourandstyle./
Re: NYSC Slashing Number Of PCM From Each Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 10, 2016
I pity pcms
What are they now supposed to do for the one or two years they are not chosen? Just sit at home wasting time abi wetin

Buhari should scrap this thing already, first he wasted the present corps members time by keeping them at home for extra two months and shortening their time in camp to 14days because of financial constraints now he wants to do worse than what he did before. Instead of him to just abandon nysc scheme he wants to waste people's lives instead because of his incurable stubbornness.

Prospective Corp members abeg if you guys can protest this thing do so now afterall things like that are what young people are supposed to do.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Slashing Number Of PCM From Each Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 10, 2016
Nakamura212:
And when u come to look for job they will give u an age limit ooooo SMH embarassed

Age limit plus number of years experience
Re: NYSC Slashing Number Of PCM From Each Tertiary Institutions by Oforleta(m): 5:06pm On Oct 10, 2016
If this program cannot be sustained any longer why not just scrap it or make it optional
Re: NYSC Slashing Number Of PCM From Each Tertiary Institutions by obontami: 5:14pm On Oct 10, 2016
MissHatey:
mumukunle sad sad angry angry
Is your head paining you undecided

Gerrraout
Re: NYSC Slashing Number Of PCM From Each Tertiary Institutions by youngboi(m): 5:14pm On Oct 10, 2016
LuvU2:
What a pity Feelin for my friends right nw

Ur turn never reach?
Re: NYSC Slashing Number Of PCM From Each Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 10, 2016
Why Nigeria?
With this development,many Nigerian youths prospect of getting job will be stalemated.We all know that some jobs need NYSC Discharge certificate.So just imagine someone staying at home for more than a year before going for Youth Service.
The govt need to look into this aspect.
I know some few folks can get good job after graduation without NYSC Certificate.But what of those from humble background like me.
God help Nigeria!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Corpers' Credentials Burnt In Sokoto NYSC Camp (Pictures) / Batch A 2013 Corpers Where Is Your PPA / Be Ready To Pay Ransom - NYSC Handbook Advises Corpers (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.